ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

KYFAN502

Sophomore
May 1, 2007
Any guesses on who the "high profile" transfer for UK Football is? MJ mentioned it again this morning on KSR

After all the fan fair, giddy school girl excitement and gossip, he better be worth the all the hollering...

If it turns out to be a cornerback from Utah or a down lineman from Connecticut, MJ and others are going to have some explaining to do.

He better be a known QB rusher or offensive skill position that has scored in a P5...

Did he say if it was a grad transfer or a underclassmen with multiple years?

Also said of all the names texted to him it was only mentioned ONCE.

So throw out the ones you know people were most likely to guess: X. Peters, Clemson's QB, Jalen Hurts, etc.

Who would be someone 1) is "high profile" 2) we've all heard of -- one of MJ's hints -- but 2) hardly any would've thought to guess?

Puma Pass?
Russ Yeast?

I honestly can't name any other UL players, I just saw a whole bunch of dudes running around that suck without Lamar protecting them.

Reactions: BigBoyBlueMMA
I wouldn't want a single player from U6.
I don't either, but I'm going to enjoy making fun of U6 fans any chance I get. This is one of those legendary "little brother" moments that will live on forever.
How the hell do you miss out on a guy from the "First Family of Louisville Football" as so many of them were bragging about? They had a moron poster on the College Football Soundoff page claiming they had 10 million to throw at a head coach and five million each for his assistants.

It can’t be Mac Jones or any SEC player right? Because of the inter conference transfer rule?

I don't either, but I'm going to enjoy making fun of U6 fans any chance I get. This is one of those legendary "little brother" moments that will live on forever.
How the hell do you miss out on a guy from the "First Family of Louisville Football" as so many of them were bragging about? They had a moron poster on the College Football Soundoff page claiming they had 10 million to throw at a head coach and five million each for his assistants.

Oh I'm enjoying the meltdown immensely. Kicking their ass Saturday was the main course and today's meltdown has been a most delicious dessert. Their forum and the Purdue forum have been great entertainment today. They are by far the most delusional fan base in college football.

I thought Russ Yeast was looking at transferring a few weeks ago. Not necessarily to UK but, that had been speculated.
Yet, he played last Sat. night so, who knows?

I thought Russ Yeast was looking at transferring a few weeks ago. Not necessarily to UK but, that had been speculated.
Yet, he played last Sat. night so, who knows?
No thanks. He made the decision TWICE to go to UL, once after he "quit" during the season. He deserves everything he gets from that circus.

What's funny is all those players who requested transfer papers sitting around looking at each other and realizing Jeff Brohm doesn't want them and saying "oh $hit."

High profile and someone we "all" would know...that implies someone that was once a big-time UK target (possibly even an in-state kid) that went elsewhere. So who were some major recruits that all UK fans knew about that went somewhere else to play? Someone from that group will likely be the person in question.

Damien Harris? Nope. Senior at Alabama that has played his 4 years.

Jedrick Wills? Nah, starting right tackle at Bama. I can't imagine him being unhappy.

Mac Jones? Possibility.

Jarren Williams? Possibly, but I doubt the staff would give him the time of day the way he treated us.

Xavier Peters? A possibility I suppose.

Blue Smith? I hate Ohio State so much that I don't follow their program enough to know if he might be pissed.

What about Danny Davis, the talented WR we lost out on to Wisconsin? Anyone knows his situation up there? He was a well known recruit we all wanted very badly.

Craig Yeasts' kid? I wouldn't consider him high profile.

James Hudson? I've heard rumors that big guy might want to leave Michigan and go somewhere that he could play on defense. He was a former UK commit, a 4 star and pretty high profile. I haven't heard his name mentioned much in these rumors about a transfer.

Outside that list of guys, I can't really think of too many players that would fit the description, Perhaps he's hinting at some huge impact guy from a big-time football school (obviously we'd all be familiar with someone that high profile) that may want to transfer due to a change in style of play/coaching or as a grad transfer. The dual-threat QB that played for Clemson comes to mind. Who else?

Oh yeah, what about that 4 star MLB from Bowling Green in last years class that went to Georgia Tech? With GT's coach retiring could he be planning to return home? I can't even remember the guys name and don't think he was much of a UK fan, but who knows how these things might work out.

At this point in time, of all the guys I can come up with on the fly, James Hudson at Michigan is probably the player I'd lean toward. But something tells me this might be a QB, considering Danny Clark just announced his transfer and many also expect Gunnar Hoak to likewise move on. We would obviously need someone with the ability to come in and play right away. You have to have a capable back-up QB. I don't see either of the incoming frosh being ready to jump into the fray right away. So you would think this would be a talented back-up stuck underneath someone really talented on the depth chart at whatever school he is at now. That leads me rto believe it could be Mac Jones at Bama or Austin Kendall at Oklahoma. We recruited that guy pretty hard too.

That is all I can think of at this late hour. Anyone else would be a total surprise out of the blue, at least for me.

It can’t be Mac Jones or any SEC player right? Because of the inter conference transfer rule?

There is no interconference transfer rule. Heck there was a kid that left Bama last year and was immediately eligible at Georgia despite Saban trying to block it.

He just said a big time transfer on his show. Said it was a name we'd all know. Can't imagine it being a QB since we have Wilson for 2 more years.
I know what you mean BBin502.. with us having Terry, my only thoughts would be , if it is indeed a QB,. For it to be truly big time to me, would only mean Kelly Bryant, or Jalen Hurt!! Or at least someone of that caliber! After that I’m not sure who it could be. I want to add , I have no idea if Hurt will transfer anywhere, just trying to guess. Lol. Now if its on the defensive side , there’s a lot of great players. I’m sure it would be someone who would help us , either way. Thanks.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502

So throw out the ones you know people were most likely to guess: X. Peters, Clemson's QB, Jalen Hurts, etc.

Who would be someone 1) is "high profile" 2) we've all heard of -- one of MJ's hints -- but 2) hardly any would've thought to guess?
Very good point! Killing me. Hahahaha

After listening to ksr I’m thinking it’s James Hudson. Just makes too much sense. He’s already announced transfer and it’s one that been mentioned but most think Xavier Peters so that fits Matt Jones saying only one person texting in the text machine the name.

Did he give a reason why the, hush, hush??? Did he not say because, he doesn’t want a recruit to know that he’s being recruited over, or maybe a current starters position, that could lose his job, because this guy is a lot better?? I’m sure he had his reasons, but I’d sure like to know who this BIG TIME GUY, is. Lol. Could possibly be, a matter of the guy seeing who leaves or stays,, Coach or players? Maybe the guy is only 90% on coming to UK and still has make sure that’s what’s best for him? I have no clue, but it must be a pretty good player if he’s excited about it that much. Did he mention anything about, when it would happen? Thanks

Did he give a reason why the, hush, hush??? Did he not say because, he doesn’t want a recruit to know that he’s being recruited over, or maybe a current starters position, that could lose his job, because this guy is a lot better?? I’m sure he had his reasons, but I’d sure like to know who this BIG TIME GUY, is. Lol. Could possibly be, a matter of the guy seeing who leaves or stays,, Coach or players? Maybe the guy is only 90% on coming to UK and still has make sure that’s what’s best for him? I have no clue, but it must be a pretty good player if he’s excited about it that much. Did he mention anything about, when it would happen? Thanks
If it's not Xavier Peters I have no idea who it could be. As to when, most schools have finals coming in the next week or 2. Would think it's after that. Otherwise, it could be Jones chasing hits on his site.

Yeah those were my 3 with Kelly Bryant being the most likely, but I agree with your logic about only one person naming it, and when he visited our game it was for Missouri, so really seems improbable.

If it's not Xavier Peters I have no idea who it could be. As to when, most schools have finals coming in the next week or 2. Would think it's after that. Otherwise, it could be Jones chasing hits on his site.
Thank you mrschwump, That makes a lot of sense about waiting , till you could actually pack and get out of there. I remember I wanted that kid pretty bad when we were recruiting him. Actually, felt like a big loss to me when he didn’t pick the cats. Would sure like to have him in blue and white. I’m my humble opinion, he would definitely be a BIG TIME GET. One thing is for sure, no matter who it turns out to be, I’ll pull tooth and nail for him, if he joins our Wildcats. Lol. I love being a Ky fan, and once we make it to the mountain top, and we are climbing it , its going to be sooo much sweeter, because of where we came From. GO BIG BLUE!! Thanks again.

Yeah those were my 3 with Kelly Bryant being the most likely, but I agree with your logic about only one person naming it, and when he visited our game it was for Missouri, so really seems improbable.
Unless things have changed, Bryant has never considered UK as a landing spot. Last I heard, and it's been a few weeks, it'll likely be Missouri or Arkansas for him. He apparently has some kind of past connection to Arkansas staff.

ADVERTISEMENT