ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

D line is always the most important position on defense
Yes but we have a good strong group returning at that position. We lose most of our two deep in the secondary, we will be rebuilding there. A top notch safety would be a good get. Though I think Moses Douglass can come in and compete for PT there right away.

I thought it was yeast as well. But then again, he said only 2 or so people texted him that name yesterday which I thought was weird.

The Kelly Bryant and Tate guesses seem highly unlikely to me because all that announcement would do in the next week is create speculation and drama amongst the offense and people around terry Wilson. We still have a bowl game to play, so that drama would NOT be good. If they were bringing in a qb, it would be a big mistake to announce it before the season is over because you’re basically telling terry that he’s not starting next year. The only way a 1 year transfer WOULD come here, or anywhere, is if they were all but guaranteed to start. So I HIGHLY doubt it’s a qb. So I’m sticking with yeast. Complete familiar name, big time in a sense because of his dad. But not big time in a sense of a 4 or 5 star talent. I’d still cheer for the kid if he transferred here.
Yeast wouldn't be able to start here even though we are replacing our entire secondary. He's not that good and hes rather small. Stoops likes taller rangier DB's.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
I don't either, but I'm going to enjoy making fun of U6 fans any chance I get. This is one of those legendary "little brother" moments that will live on forever.
How the hell do you miss out on a guy from the "First Family of Louisville Football" as so many of them were bragging about? They had a moron poster on the College Football Soundoff page claiming they had 10 million to throw at a head coach and five million each for his assistants.

Reactions: sefus12
I believe it could be former four star Ohio State DB Eric Glover-Williams. Currently in JUCO and as many of you know was close to joining the team last year but grades became an issue and is currently attending Slippery Rock, wherever that is. Maybe the reason why MJ doesn't want to announce it yet is because in case if it falls through (again), he doesn't want to lose his credibility or make the kid look bad. I believe he would have one more year of eligibility and will most likely start. It makes perfect sense

I believe it could be former four star Ohio State DB Eric Glover-Williams. Currently in JUCO and as many of you know was close to joining the team last year but grades became an issue and is currently attending Slippery Rock, wherever that is. Maybe the reason why MJ doesn't want to announce it yet is because in case if it falls through (again), he doesn't want to lose his credibility or make the kid look bad. I believe he would have one more year of eligibility and will most likely start. It makes perfect sense
PA.

To be somebody who didn't give a damn about football he certainly has talked an awful lot about football over the past several months. And given that football has put 1000s of people in his restaurant since opening it would be very silly to think he doesn't care about UK football. You think if football is bad that people are packing the restaurant on Saturday afternoons?

I shouldn’t have worded it that way. I just don’t think he knows much about football. He may very well know that there is a “secret transfer” but I’m just tired of his shtick. Just my opinion

Slippery Rock not a juco. It’s 4 year D2 school. Williams was going to Miss Gulf coast JC but ended up going to Slippery Rock. Pretty sure he’d have to sit 1 if tfr from SR

I shouldn’t have worded it that way. I just don’t think he knows much about football. He may very well know that there is a “secret transfer” but I’m just tired of his shtick. Just my opinion
Me too. If he has something to report then report it. Otherwise keep it to yourself until you are ready. Remember maybe a decade ago when he had some kind of wink-wink, nod-nod story about Gillespie? Still waiting.

He said it was name that 98% of fans that listen to his show would know. So that narrows it down to players that have been on the show or talked about heavily on the show previously but committed to another school.

Elijah Sindelar is probably eligible to be a grad transfer.

Can't imagine 98% of the fanbase knows those guys. Nor would I call them high profile

Can't imagine 98% of the fanbase knows those guys. Nor would I call them high profile

It's either Peters or Yeast. More than likely its Yeast. Most UK fans know Yeast because of his father but I don't know why Jones is trying to sell this as a major recruiting coup if it indeeds turns out to be Yeast.

Unless things have changed, Bryant has never considered UK as a landing spot. Last I heard, and it's been a few weeks, it'll likely be Missouri or Arkansas for him. He apparently has some kind of past connection to Arkansas staff.

Arkansas Coach was a OC at Clemson.

Reactions: TM2013
It's either Peters or Yeast. More than likely its Yeast. Most UK fans know Yeast because of his father but I don't know why Jones is trying to sell this as a major recruiting coup if it indeeds turns out to be Yeast.
Not saying that it necessarily means anything, but Peters posted a pic on Twitter with him in his Florida state uniform with a "2019" caption and as for Yeast, that's probably a decent guess but at the same time the dude quit the team and decided to come back again. MJ said that only one or two people got it right when they wrote him and I'm assuming a lot of people mentioned those two names so I don't know

I don’t know if there is a single player in college football who is known by 98% of our fanbase. Sindelar is from Kentucky and was heavily recruited by Stoops. He is probably one of the most well known potential transfers out there to our fanbase. But, yes, it’s probably closer to 10-20%.

I’m really baffled by who the transfer could be.

Yeah he was dead set on getting that Purdue education . Well , he got it . I personally think a quarterback would be crazy to come here with the way Wilson looked at the end of the year .
Yeah but Wilson was truely dreadful for most of the year and that’s when this thing would have been put in motion.

I doubt it’s a QB, but Sindelar is a good grad transfer candidate, and about the best option I can think of for this mystery.

Reactions: yoshukai
Unless Craig has decided to bury the hatchet ( I highly doubt it) , it won't be Russ Yeast .

Yeah but Wilson was truely dreadful for most of the year and that’s when this thing would have been put in motion.

I doubt it’s a QB, but Sindelar is a good grad transfer candidate, and about the best option I can think of for this mystery.
I'm thinking when we find out who it is , there will be no way it matches Matts criteria . Either we won't consider it a HIGH PROFILE recruit or there is no way 98% of his listeners are familiar with him . If this was the case he would have had more than 2 people guess his name .

He was likely exaggerating to make the point, but 98% for name recognition is ridiculous. You could ask self-identifying UK fans who the UK football coach is, and Mark Stoops wouldn’t reach 98%........

Reactions: GG24
Yeast wouldn't be able to start here even though we are replacing our entire secondary. He's not that good and hes rather small. Stoops likes taller rangier DB's.

Well, that might be true, but what if wants to play on offense again? I have no earthly idea how good he is on offense, most recruiting sites said he was projected as a DB in college, but maybe he wants to play offense. Again, I have no idea but just wondering. And he also was getting playing time at Louisville. Of course their defense was god awful so that’s not exactly saying much, but if it is him, I won’t begrudge him for coming here. If stoops is good with him, or whoever else it could be, i am too.

Matt also said the commitment could happen at any time which would rule out any teams playing in a bowl game. So the mystery transfer probably plays for a non bowl team.
Could be a player being redshirted this past year though ? Heck I'm just guessing . lol

Matt also said the commitment could happen at any time which would rule out any teams playing in a bowl game. So the mystery transfer probably plays for a non bowl team.
Could be a guy who has been “injured” and out most of the season like... Sindelar.

Jones said someone high profile. I wouldn't consider Sindelar "high profile". I'd be happy a Kentucky kid is coming home but he wouldn't beat out Wilson for the starting job.

I think Sindelar is more likely to go to Louisville with whoever takes over there.

If it is for real someone that 98% of us know it narrows it way down considering the immediate impact statement. Has to be someone with immediate eligibility and that elimates most people that are being mentioned.
I think Matt has stuck foot in mouth or something because the odds and the impact can only equal Jalen Hurts or equivalent, seems unrealistic but I guess we’ll see eventually.

If it is for real someone that 98% of us know it narrows it way down considering the immediate impact statement. Has to be someone with immediate eligibility and that elimates most people that are being mentioned.
I think Matt has stuck foot in mouth or something because the odds and the impact can only equal Jalen Hurts or equivalent, seems unrealistic but I guess we’ll see eventually.
Has he said the guy will play next year or did that just get mixed in as an assumption?

Reactions: hunterpapa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT