ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

But is Xavier Peters someone we'd all know? Maybe.

Im leaning more towards hurts, Mac Jones, or jarren Williams. Especially with the later info that it's contingent on another UK departure. That departure would have to be hoak imo, since this all resurfaced when Clark left.

So it almost has to be a qb and what other names would we all know?

Reactions: will1976
Yeah those were my 3 with Kelly Bryant being the most likely, but I agree with your logic about only one person naming it, and when he visited our game it was for Missouri, so really seems improbable.
Unless things have changed, Bryant has never considered UK as a landing spot. Last I heard, and it's been a few weeks, it'll likely be Missouri or Arkansas for him. He apparently has some kind of past connection to Arkansas staff.
Yea the HC at Arkansas was his O Coordinator at Clemson and I’m pretty sure was his lead recruiter as well.
I agree with you, I Don’t think it’s Bryant.

Khalil Tate is transferring from Arizona because Sumlin tried to turn him into a pocket passer instead of letting him be himself. He's a really electric duel threat QB.

Kelly Bryant has 1 year remaining to play. You think he wants to take on that mess at Arkansas? I'd think Mizzou makes more sense if it's down to those 2.

Reactions: mattrudd
Khalil Tate is transferring from Arizona because Sumlin tried to turn him into a pocket passer instead of letting him be himself. He's a really electric duel threat QB.

Sounds familiar. Didn't Sumlin do the same thing at A&M (re the current QB at OU)?

Reactions: BlueRupp
Unless things have changed, Bryant has never considered UK as a landing spot. Last I heard, and it's been a few weeks, it'll likely be Missouri or Arkansas for him. He apparently has some kind of past connection to Arkansas staff.
HC Chad Morris was OC at Clemson when the Hogs hired him. And thats exactly where and why I think he's headed there.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
I didnt realize he is transferring. Oh wow.....that would be HUGE. Tate tore it up for Arizona. 62% comp, 1500+ pyds, 14 TDs.

The QB who left Clemson was in for the UK-Missouri game, but he was probably interested in Missouri.

Those stats aren't all that different from Terry Wilson's stats. Wilson had a 67.2 completion percentage, 1768 yards and 11 TD's.
That was Tates soph year, where he also ran for 1400 yards and 12 TDs.

This season he only ran for 225 (had a bad ankle I believe), but passed for around 2600 yards, 26 TDs and 7 INTs.

HC Chad Morris was OC at Clemson when the Hogs hired him. And thats exactly where and why I think he's headed there.

He was actually at SMU as the head coach for a couple years after Clemson before he went to Arkansas. Think his last year as Clemson’s OC Bryant was a freshman

Can't imagine he'd choose Arkansas over Missouri. Frankly, I'm not sure why he wouldn't choose UK over both, given the chance. I don't we are looking in the first place.

BINGO - that's what I said in the other thread about this - I think he's bluffing to make people think he gives a damn about football
To be somebody who didn't give a damn about football he certainly has talked an awful lot about football over the past several months. And given that football has put 1000s of people in his restaurant since opening it would be very silly to think he doesn't care about UK football. You think if football is bad that people are packing the restaurant on Saturday afternoons?

Unless it's a proven superstar, like Hurts, not sure I want another qb competition going through spring again lol.

Would love a big time WR or Secondary player, since we lose a lot back there next year.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
If it's Mac Jones, I hope Stoops doesn't let him hold on extra points.
I can't see Jones going from one place where he is 3rd string to somewhere he's 2nd string. He redshirted at Bama last year so that is burned, he would have to sit out a year and then would likely still be behind a senior Terry Wilson.

This am, Matt said 98% of the fan base would know the name.

A couple of guesses on the show today for Bryant, but I feel it will be Yeast.

Mac Jones would be the backup for sure if he comes and don’t see Bryant being excited about our offense. Bryant wants a guarantee at this point, that’s why he left.

Tate sounds very interesting though.

Sounded like Jones believes this guy would come in and start - so I feel it is a one year grad xfer he is talking about.

Unless whoever it is is a grad transfer, I believe he has to sit a year. Maybe that rule has changed but don't think it has yet. With that being the case, I think it's a grad transfer or someone who still has a red shirt, unless he can prove some kind of hardship.

Mac Jones would be the backup for sure if he comes and don’t see Bryant being excited about our offense. Bryant wants a guarantee at this point, that’s why he left.

Seems like Yeast would be stretching the definition of "high profile" guy is not an impact player.

Matt will lose a lot of credibility if the transfer is Yeast. He is neither high profile or good

He also said it could be announced any day which takes out anyone at Bama or in contention.

I HIGHLY doubt it is Yeast. He wouldn't have came back and played for UofL against us if he planned on coming here after the season.

Matt’s comment was just odd in that it is a well known name to be announced at any time.

The only reason I picked Yeast

Reactions: catben
BINGO - that's what I said in the other thread about this - I think he's bluffing to make people think he gives a damn about football

Now THAT is a conspiracy theory. That would be a super weird way to get people to think you give a damn about football. Hell, he hosts a national nfl show on sundays, but I never imagined he’d tell me there was a transfer just so I thought he was interested in football. Wow. Some of y’all fascinate me. :joy:

Matt’s comment was just odd in that it is a well known name to be announced at any time.

The only reason I picked Yeast

I thought it was yeast as well. But then again, he said only 2 or so people texted him that name yesterday which I thought was weird.

The Kelly Bryant and Tate guesses seem highly unlikely to me because all that announcement would do in the next week is create speculation and drama amongst the offense and people around terry Wilson. We still have a bowl game to play, so that drama would NOT be good. If they were bringing in a qb, it would be a big mistake to announce it before the season is over because you’re basically telling terry that he’s not starting next year. The only way a 1 year transfer WOULD come here, or anywhere, is if they were all but guaranteed to start. So I HIGHLY doubt it’s a qb. So I’m sticking with yeast. Complete familiar name, big time in a sense because of his dad. But not big time in a sense of a 4 or 5 star talent. I’d still cheer for the kid if he transferred here.

I thought it was yeast as well. But then again, he said only 2 or so people texted him that name yesterday which I thought was weird.

The Kelly Bryant and Tate guesses seem highly unlikely to me because all that announcement would do in the next week is create speculation and drama amongst the offense and people around terry Wilson. We still have a bowl game to play, so that drama would NOT be good. If they were bringing in a qb, it would be a big mistake to announce it before the season is over because you’re basically telling terry that he’s not starting next year. The only way a 1 year transfer WOULD come here, or anywhere, is if they were all but guaranteed to start. So I HIGHLY doubt it’s a qb. So I’m sticking with yeast. Complete familiar name, big time in a sense because of his dad. But not big time in a sense of a 4 or 5 star talent. I’d still cheer for the kid if he transferred here.
Makes sense but you would think more than 2 people would have made that guess.:popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT