ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

If you’re speaking of Crumes, I’d say he is pretty far from a soft commit. He’s been recruiting guys to Kentucky for most of the year. I’ve talked to him and know the butler staff really well considering they either coached me or played with me growing up. He’s pretty solid
He's talking about Cavon Butler

Reactions: yoshukai
I know the name has already been mentioned, but answer this question with honesty. Would you guys welcome Mac Jones back with open arms?

I don't think anyone addressed your question, so I will. If the coaching staff takes him back then I wouldn't question it. However, to win the hearts of the fans he is likely going to have to do a lot and be impressive. If he is only average then he will get murdered by words, maybe even moreso than most struggling QBs, because he won't have the benefit of the doubt after his antics.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I don't think anyone addressed your question, so I will. If the coaching staff takes him back then I wouldn't question it. However, to win the hearts of the fans he is likely going to have to do a lot and be impressive. If he is only average then he will get murdered by words, maybe even moreso than most struggling QBs, because he won't have the benefit of the doubt after his antics.
To answer the question it would neither bother me or excite me. But this move would make little sense. Let's say he did so...he would have to sit out next year and would have 2 yrs to play. One would think that TW will be our QB the next two years. Would UK sit a senior TW who had been a 2 year starter for someone who had sat out 2 of the prior 3 years and sparingly played the other of those years? Would Jones xfer into a situation where he likely would only play 1 year...if that? That's the same as his current status at Bama.

What would make more sense for Jones if he is wanting to leave is to go to JUCO, play next year and then go on from there.

To answer the question it would neither bother me or excite me. But this move would make little sense. Let's say he did so...he would have to sit out next year and would have 2 yrs to play. One would think that TW will be our QB the next two years. Would UK sit a senior TW who had been a 2 year starter for someone who had sat out 2 of the prior 3 years and sparingly played the other of those years? Would Jones xfer into a situation where he likely would only play 1 year...if that? That's the same as his current status at Bama.

What would make more sense for Jones if he is wanting to leave is to go to JUCO, play next year and then go on from there.

I agree that Jones really makes no sense.

It's Jarrett Stidham

Did they change the transfer rules? Used to be you can only play in a NCAA game for two schools, but attend/practice at as many as you want. Given that Stidham played in games at both Baylor and Auburn...don't think he can transfer again, regardless of his graduate status. They may have changed rules though.

Jedrick Wills tweeted earlier today about missing Dad's Favorites so maybe the good folks at Dad's can lure him home with their sandwiches. Maybe there is an exception to sitting out if you're extremely homesick for good food.

Reactions: JASUN74
Are we sure we want him? I'd take Wilson any day of the week. I'd rather the transfer in question be a grad transfer CB/LB/DL.

We need 2 QBs for next season. Hoak's status is unknown. I don't know Jarrett's status but he's a 2015 guy so he has been there long enough to have finished his degree and be eligible for a grad-transfer.

Moore isn't leaving Purdue, not after Brohm decided to come back. Second, I would be surprised to see the transfer being a QB. Not after Marrow tweeted a show of support and confidence in favor of Terry after the U of L game.

It's Jarrett Stidham
So even though he went to Baylor, then JC, then 2 years at AU, he's still eligible to do this?

And why would he want to leave as he's their starter?

Sounds hard to believe. Didn't realize he lived in Richmond area at one point.

Are we sure we want him? I'd take Wilson any day of the week. I'd rather the transfer in question be a grad transfer CB/LB/DL.
I guess if you compare this season, you can have a debate, even though Stidham had slightly more yards, TDs and less turnovers.

But Stidhams first year at Baylor and then first year at Auburn (new systems - experience level) are much better than TWs first year at UK. I am not sure why he has regressed - but if he wanted to transfer here and compete, you take him. If he returns to his younger form, he likely would win the job.

So even though he went to Baylor, then JC, then 2 years at AU, he's still eligible to do this?

And why would he want to leave as he's their starter?

Sounds hard to believe. Didn't realize he lived in Richmond area at one point.

Don't know. I have heard he isn't happy at the Plains and would like to get out. He's been there long enough to be a grad-transfer (if eligible), he's a big name, 98% of Kentucky fans would recognize the name, he was recruited heavily by UK at one time, and he has previous Kentucky connections. So all those dots sort of add up.

Why would he want us now, he didn't when we REALLY needed him?

Would the coaching staff be that willing to just discard Terry for him?

They wouldn't be. They need a backup as Hoak's status is uncertain so far as I know. He's good enough to compete for the starting job. Either way we need two QBs going into 2019.

Don't know. I have heard he isn't happy at the Plains and would like to get out. He's been there long enough to be a grad-transfer (if eligible), he's a big name, 98% of Kentucky fans would recognize the name, he was recruited heavily by UK at one time, and he has previous Kentucky connections. So all those dots sort of add up.
Based on 2018 performances, Stidham's not beating out TW.

Reactions: OplusS
Well I think he'd be a step up from Hoak to the point I wouldn't be near as concerned if something happened to TW.

Just throwing it out there, but is there a kicker we all would know? We could use a kicker till Poore gets his accuracy down.

probably, but that's not the issue. The issue is we need a starter and a backup. If we were to get him, let those two compete for the job just like any other two players compete for a job.
Do you think the coaches would wait for Hoak to leave or just take another QB regardless? Stidham would clearly be a huge upgrade to Hoak.

Auburn's OC Chip Lindsey is going to Kansas. Not sure if that impacts Stidham or Kelly Bryant's plans.

probably, but that's not the issue. The issue is we need a starter and a backup. If we were to get him, let those two compete for the job just like any other two players compete for a job.

Auburn's OC Chip Lindsey is going to Kansas. Not sure if that impacts Stidham or Kelly Bryant's plans.

Not sure where the stidham stuff is coming from. Just purely by stats Stidham passed for 2400 yards and 13 TDs. Terry went for 1700 and 11 TDs. So he would be an upgrade but I don’t see it being likely

Did they change the transfer rules? Used to be you can only play in a NCAA game for two schools, but attend/practice at as many as you want. Given that Stidham played in games at both Baylor and Auburn...don't think he can transfer again, regardless of his graduate status. They may have changed rules though.
I never heard anything about only playing at two schools. You have 5 years to play 4. He played at Baylor one year, JUCO one year, and at Auburn two years for a total of 3 years of eligibility over 4 years. He has one left. He graduated last year and was starting a second degree at Auburn this past year so he is a graduate student with a year of eligibility. Taking him is a no brainer. Go look at his stats and honors on the Auburn website. He struggled this year but Auburn couldn't run the ball and he was kind of the spot that Benny was here. I doubt he is the guy but he was the number one dual threat QB in the country in HS and has 3 years of starting experience at the highest level and one year of JUCO. We should be so lucky. Wilson has some skills but isn't in the same universe as Stidham. It was well known that he and Auburn wanted to part ways this season.

It's Jarrett Stidham

It's a good guess. Just don't see him as someone 98% of the fanbase knows.

Mac Jones would fit but not make sense for him. If he's gonna sit, he can do it there.

Jarren Williams is the only one that makes sense and checks all the boxes imo.

Reactions: will1976
It's a good guess. Just don't see him as someone 98% of the fanbase knows.

Mac Jones would fit but not make sense for him. If he's gonna sit, he can do it there.

Jarren Williams is the only one that makes sense and checks all the boxes imo.

I know nothing about Miami’s season, so I looked into it.They also have a redshirt freshman QB who took the starting job from what I can tell. Williams didn’t redshirt so that would make them the same class? (Perry is his name). I did, however, read an article written 4 days ago stating he had no plans to transfer, so who knows. It does make you think though.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I know nothing about Miami’s season, so I looked into it.They also have a redshirt freshman QB who took the starting job from what I can tell. Williams didn’t redshirt so that would make them the same class? (Perry is his name). I did, however, read an article written 4 days ago stating he had no plans to transfer, so who knows. It does make you think though.

If it's not him, I just can't figure out who checks a the boxes. Guess we'll see

ADVERTISEMENT