ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming Trasnfer. Guesses?

I know nothing about Miami’s season, so I looked into it.They also have a redshirt freshman QB who took the starting job from what I can tell. Williams didn’t redshirt so that would make them the same class? (Perry is his name). I did, however, read an article written 4 days ago stating he had no plans to transfer, so who knows. It does make you think though.
He walked away from us twice . I'll stick with Wilson and Hoak .

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If you’re speaking of Crumes, I’d say he is pretty far from a soft commit. He’s been recruiting guys to Kentucky for most of the year. I’ve talked to him and know the butler staff really well considering they either coached me or played with me growing up. He’s pretty solid
That fantastic news buddy. Always glad to here from someone who actually what’s going on. All these guys with all their Sources!! kill me. Lmao. Anyway, thanks again and if you don’t mind me asking. Does this kid work as hard as I think he does? He seems like he’s really busting his butt every day. I wish some of these kids with all the God given talents, would just put in the extra effort and time , but 9 out of 10 look back years later and regret taking days off and not going 110%. Anyway, I believe this kid want it bad and will do whatever it takes to become his best self. That’s what it takes to. Thanks again

To answer the question it would neither bother me or excite me. But this move would make little sense. Let's say he did so...he would have to sit out next year and would have 2 yrs to play. One would think that TW will be our QB the next two years. Would UK sit a senior TW who had been a 2 year starter for someone who had sat out 2 of the prior 3 years and sparingly played the other of those years? Would Jones xfer into a situation where he likely would only play 1 year...if that? That's the same as his current status at Bama.

What would make more sense for Jones if he is wanting to leave is to go to JUCO, play next year and then go on from there.
In my opinion, He will never be over third string at Alabama. Well not unless they have a few injuries.

Why would he want us now, he didn't when we REALLY needed him?

Would the coaching staff be that willing to just discard Terry for him?
We wasn’t the badazz team we are now!! Lol. Or at least we hadn’t shown we could compete for the east title yet. Terry Wilson wouldn’t roll over for him though. I don’t know if he could beat him out honestly. If he were to, an this actually happen, I would love to see Wilson get on the field and get a lot of clock at tight end or receiver. I’ll bet you it would take a hell of a spring an summer to beat Wilson. I like him more and more. Really like to see what he can do, In my opinion, he has Cam Newton quality’s. Now he’s a long ways away from Newton and I didn’t say he was as good , just some same qualities as him. He’s going to surprise the hell out of people the next two years I believe. Got the potential, his senior year to be in talks for a trip to New York at the end of the year. Of course this is just my opinion an I already know I’ll get blasted by a few !! I don’t care. The Number that don’t believe In Terry Wilson will be going down soon enough. Woohoo Go Cats.

Reactions: The-Hack
So even though he went to Baylor, then JC, then 2 years at AU, he's still eligible to do this?

And why would he want to leave as he's their starter?

Sounds hard to believe. Didn't realize he lived in Richmond area at one point.
Been a tough year for him. Fans and teammates have been hard to deal with this year. Auburn is a love hate place to the MAX. LOL. If not here, I could absolutely see him going anywhere else.

They wouldn't be. They need a backup as Hoak's status is uncertain so far as I know. He's good enough to compete for the starting job. Either way we need two QBs going into 2019.
Makes sense. I would love to have him and it really makes our overall team better. Also, would only help both him and Terry. Id bet he almost wants a guarantee to start and he won’t get that at UK!! Not right now. He should have came when he could’ve been a hero an legend here. Lol The days of Kids thinking the grass is greener, IS OVER here at Kentucky.

It's a good guess. Just don't see him as someone 98% of the fanbase knows.

Mac Jones would fit but not make sense for him. If he's gonna sit, he can do it there.

Jarren Williams is the only one that makes sense and checks all the boxes imo.
Are you joking? If so. Lol. Every fan of college football know Jarred.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Just saying. It will be great for depth God knows we need it, but I thouht it was supposed to be a big time shag. Maybe I misinterpreted the meaning of what Jones put out. I was kind of expecting an immediate impact player.

Some of You guys on the lair need to relax . It's so ridiculously touchy over here you cannot even have a real conversation. It's not always as bad as some of you take it

That fantastic news buddy. Always glad to here from someone who actually what’s going on. All these guys with all their Sources!! kill me. Lmao. Anyway, thanks again and if you don’t mind me asking. Does this kid work as hard as I think he does? He seems like he’s really busting his butt every day. I wish some of these kids with all the God given talents, would just put in the extra effort and time , but 9 out of 10 look back years later and regret taking days off and not going 110%. Anyway, I believe this kid want it bad and will do whatever it takes to become his best self. That’s what it takes to. Thanks again
Gary wheeler, the head coach at butler talks highly of him. I visited a practice when he was either a freshman or sophomore and the offensive coordinator then said he didn’t have receivers but rather designated route runners. So I’d say it says a lot about is his growth and progression to be where he is now. They have some good talent coming up the next couple years and the staff there definitely gets them working. And Crumes is extremely fast, gets up field in a hurry.

Just saying. It will be great for depth God knows we need it, but I thouht it was supposed to be a big time shag. Maybe I misinterpreted the meaning of what Jones put out. I was kind of expecting an immediate impact player.

Some of You guys on the lair need to relax . It's so ridiculously touchy over here you cannot even have a real conversation. It's not always as bad as some of you take it

I wasn’t meaning to be mean. . Sorry. Terry was basically a freshman this year though and has as much potential as anyone in the country to be honest. Doesn’t bother me if people don’t like him as our quarterback, I just don’t know why the disrespectful remarks all the time about him. He did win 9 games this year. He’s got two more years to go. And Jarrett Stidham would be an unbelievable get for Ky. surly you know about him if you’re on this football board. If so you know hes a great player that had a bad team around him this year. Not so much bad players as bad disruption from players an that sort of thing. Anyway if you do know Jarrett then your remarks were just to let us know that you think Terry Wilson sucks!! If you’ve never watched SEC Football then you may not know Jarrett. If not then I apologize.

I wasn’t meaning to be mean. . Sorry. Terry was basically a freshman this year though and has as much potential as anyone in the country to be honest. Doesn’t bother me if people don’t like him as our quarterback, I just don’t know why the disrespectful remarks all the time about him. He did win 9 games this year. He’s got two more years to go. And Jarrett Stidham would be an unbelievable get for Ky. surly you know about him if you’re on this football board. If so you know hes a great player that had a bad team around him this year. Not so much bad players as bad disruption from players an that sort of thing. Anyway if you do know Jarrett then your remarks were just to let us know that you think Terry Wilson sucks!! If you’ve never watched SEC Football then you may not know Jarrett. If not then I apologize.

I think it’s a great pickup but I don’t know if he necessarily beats out Wilson and I was just expecting a lot more for some reason. Jarrett is a really good pickup for this team and sure, he could beat him out and be a SEC POY candidate.

I do not think Wilson sucks. I think he was a huge problem for UK this year and I think we would have gone 11-1 with a decent quarterback who could move the offense and make better reads. I think Wilson is a large reason we struggled against teams like missouri.

As crazy as it is this UK team that stoops built was really incredible. The defense is just nasty. The running game, even with Rose at backup, was one of the best I’ve ever seen at UK. (Maybe the best, actually probably).

The receivers were really good too, Bowen could start for any team in the country.

We only had an issue at QB. And it was exploited all year and cost us big time.

Because I recognize that doesn’t mean I think Wilson sucks. I think he’s got issues seeing the field and didn’t perform well at this speed against tough competition. Because we were so dominant he won’t have this type of team. It does concern me and I’m sorry to everyone who can’t allow that to be a real question. Because around the lair, you don’t question. It’s the rule.

I don’t hate anyone. No one is happier than me we out performed my predictions. I hope Stoops becomes the greatest coach in UK history and Wilson becomes Michael Vick minus the dogs. I’m just asking questions and looking for holes to talk about with other UK fans. I defend UK where I’m from more than you could ever imagine, including Stoops. Daily grind around here. I like a real conversation with other UK fans and I accept that’s just not going to happen.

Gary wheeler, the head coach at butler talks highly of him. I visited a practice when he was either a freshman or sophomore and the offensive coordinator then said he didn’t have receivers but rather designated route runners. So I’d say it says a lot about is his growth and progression to be where he is now. They have some good talent coming up the next couple years and the staff there definitely gets them working. And Crumes is extremely fast, gets up field in a hurry.
Just what videos I’ve saw your right. He keeps plays alive and keeps moving. We’ve kinda been struggling in that area this year. I don’t think it’s because they quit as much as thinking they weren’t going to get it anyway. Lol. Burnt me up sometimes. What really sucked is when Terry finally got some confidence and was gaining more time , they had bad habits and didn’t finish and keep moving. I think by the end. they got it right and no matter how long it took, that showed growth. Tae Tae looks like One that just don’t ever stop, and that is contagious. Really happy to have him and can’t wait to see him play. Exciting player. Thanks again

I
I think it’s a great pickup but I don’t know if he necessarily beats out Wilson and I was just expecting a lot more for some reason. Jarrett is a really good pickup for this team and sure, he could beat him out and be a SEC POY candidate.

I do not think Wilson sucks. I think he was a huge problem for UK this year and I think we would have gone 11-1 with a decent quarterback who could move the offense and make better reads. I think Wilson is a large reason we struggled against teams like missouri.

As crazy as it is this UK team that stoops built was really incredible. The defense is just nasty. The running game, even with Rose at backup, was one of the best I’ve ever seen at UK. (Maybe the best, actually probably).

The receivers were really good too, Bowen could start for any team in the country.

We only had an issue at QB. And it was exploited all year and cost us big time.

Because I recognize that doesn’t mean I think Wilson sucks. I think he’s got issues seeing the field and didn’t perform well at this speed against tough competition. Because we were so dominant he won’t have this type of team. It does concern me and I’m sorry to everyone who can’t allow that to be a real question. Because around the lair, you don’t question. It’s the rule.

I don’t hate anyone. No one is happier than me we out performed my predictions. I hope Stoops becomes the greatest coach in UK history and Wilson becomes Michael Vick minus the dogs. I’m just asking questions and looking for holes to talk about with other UK fans. I defend UK where I’m from more than you could ever imagine, including Stoops. Daily grind around here. I like a real conversation with other UK fans and I accept that’s just not going to happen.
100% know you a good fan and I like your views. You’re one of the best around here and I think it just surprised me to see you and a few more putting him down. I really do understand what you’re saying. It is a shame that he couldn’t have gotten a year experience an show up this year, with this team. But it didn’t happen that way. Too bad because maybe we would have won 11 like you said. I actually believe we would have if that would’ve been the case.. I’ll say this though, I don’t think we win 6 games without him this year, and as much as he had to learn on the run, he showed improvement all year. Everyone has to learn their position, an playing Quarterback in the SEC is probably pretty tough. Lol. Maybe he should’ve done better, but he sure could’ve folded an quit. I’m very proud of him and instead of blaming the couple games we lost on him, I like to talk about the 9 we won and the way he’s improving. That’s all I’m saying, I guess so have the tinted glasses on sometimes. Lol and I sure know what you mean about taking up for the team. I’ve talked my head off trying to get a few to just be patient. I apologize if I was an ass. Maybe I was giving a few more guys a ball buster at the same time. Haha. Anyway, thanks and blue glasses or not we’re going to be a damn hard out for years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: morgousky
Both ends of the spectrum, some say he sucks and then you say he is going to NYC.

Jairus Brent's could be an option... 4 star DB. KY kid who we recruited last year. He redshirted this year for Louisville and DB is an area of need

Jairus Brent's could be an option... 4 star DB. KY kid who we recruited last year. He redshirted this year for Louisville and DB is an area of need
No way. Kid was a troublemaker before he got to UL and was arrested almost immediately after he got to campus. He was part of their cultural problem.

It's a good guess. Just don't see him as someone 98% of the fanbase knows.

Mac Jones would fit but not make sense for him. If he's gonna sit, he can do it there.

Jarren Williams is the only one that makes sense and checks all the boxes imo.

What are you gonna get out of Jarren Williams that we don't already have in Terry Wilson, but better and a year more experience in the SEC.. At least with Stidham, his passing can bring an element to the offense that Kentucky has not seen in a long time..

What are you gonna get out of Jarren Williams that we don't already have in Terry Wilson, but better and a year more experience in the SEC.. At least with Stidham, his passing can bring an element to the offense that Kentucky has not seen in a long time..

Nothing. If it's him, he doesn't beat out Wilson. But sitting out a year puts space between them and makes him next in line after Wilson moves on.

We don’t need a qb - Wilson is gonna be a star - LB - Dt - RB or Wr has to be it if they are anybody it’s Jones - Remember a enertainer not a insider

Nothing. If it's him, he doesn't beat out Wilson. But sitting out a year puts space between them and makes him next in line after Wilson moves on.

Screw him, after the antics and shit he put Kentucky through twice.. Would rather stick with Scalzo and Gilmore, Gunner Hoak will stay at Kentucky with Clark already gone.. Either way though, still don't think it's Williams or any other QB..

We don’t need a qb - Wilson is gonna be a star - LB - Dt - RB or Wr has to be it if they are anybody it’s Jones - Remember a enertainer not a insider

Agree on Jones, but after Weaver commits. Kentucky will be fine at LB, they are also good on receivers and RBs.. But they do need a speedy type long receiver that can stretch the feild and you can never have enough bodies across the lines..

Matt Jones may have no good information and this is all for nothing.

But I'll guess Blue Smith from Ohio St may be a transfer. He really liked UK and sort of felt Ohio St was too good an offer to pass up at that time. Maybe that changes

Reactions: The-Hack and thepip
Screw him, after the antics and shit he put Kentucky through twice.. Would rather stick with Scalzo and Gilmore, Gunner Hoak will stay at Kentucky with Clark already gone.. Either way though, still don't think it's Williams or any other QB..
Agree. We do not need Williams. Our days of begging are over, we can move on now.

Maybe it's Urban Meyer...as a special assistant. He did just announce his retirement from OSU!

He walked away from us twice . I'll stick with Wilson and Hoak .

He also said he planned on enrolling early at UK. We see how that turned out. I hope Stoops would hang up the phone if he even received a call from him.

I understand that kids change their minds, but after all of the theatrics from him and his father, I wouldn’t even let him be on my flag football team.

Last edited:

I don't disagree. I think we'll have bigger candidates by the time he would be in position to start.

I'm just trying to guess who checks all those boxes and he's all I can come up with.

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
It's not Blue Smith... he said after the Big 10 championship game he's coming back and can't wait to play more with all their WRs graduating. Hell maybe it is a QB after all

ADVERTISEMENT