ADVERTISEMENT

Igiehon announcing Friday 12 pm. Stream link

This is what I don't get. What the heck are these other schools selling them considering the success Bigs have had UK under Calipari?

Are they getting brainwashed just to ignore that or something? Cousins, Harrelson, Noel, WCS, Towns, Bam the last 9 years. No one has even come close to the success UK has had with bigs. And we cannot even get an elite big to even take a sniff at us since BAM.

Sounds moronic to me!! Do these kids have a brain at all? Can they think for themselves? Or are they just cluless & believe anyting any stupid AAU coach or other college coach tells them?

Pump the brakes. From Bam Adebayo to present, we’ve basically missed on two elite bigs that we now know to a certainty were paid commitments: Bamba and Bagley. In the meantime, we also signed five-star Nick Richards, five-star PJ Washington, five-star Jarred Vanderbilt, five-star Kevin Knox, five-star EJ Montgomery, and all-conference, POY candidate, former McDAA Reid Travis.

We are also in good with top-3 recruits James Wiseman and Vernon Carey. Tshiebwe hasn’t made his decision yet, and Igiehon never even had a UK offer.

That said, to your point on the rare situations we do miss a priority recruit for reasons other than a bag of cash - relationships matter. It’s true for everything: realtors, financial advisors, lawyers, doctors, accountants, and coaches. People routinely choose a less prestigious or reputable professional for an important job because they know the person well and trust them. But that cuts both ways, Cal is a tremendous relationship guy. So don’t sweat it.

Anyone high on Louisville is an idiot to start with. However, now that the Stewart ship has sailed, and it looks as if Oscar may go to WVU, maybe Igiehon now sees his playing time at UK. Just a thought.

If he does, he does, if he don't, he don't. Cal will feed and feed well. (I do agree that if anyone has an option between UK and lewisville and they have to give it a second thought that doesn't show much grey matter to start with.

Pump the brakes. From Bam Adebayo to present, we’ve basically missed on two elite bigs that we now know to a certainty were paid commitments: Bamba and Bagley. In the meantime, we also signed five-star Nick Richards, five-star PJ Washington, five-star Jarred Vanderbilt, five-star Kevin Knox, five-star EJ Montgomery, and all-conference, POY candidate, former McDAA Reid Travis.

We are also in good with top-3 recruits James Wiseman and Vernon Carey. Tshiebwe hasn’t made his decision yet, and Igiehon never even had a UK offer.

That said, to your point on the rare situations we do miss a priority recruit for reasons other than a bag of cash - relationships matter. It’s true for everything: realtors, financial advisors, lawyers, doctors, accountants, and coaches. People routinely choose a less prestigious or reputable professional for an important job because they know the person well and trust them. But that cuts both ways, Cal is a tremendous relationship guy. So don’t sweat it.

Preach it Brother!!! Hallelujah!

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Blank+_d8504d7c73617a38e81e0406cb928de4.jpg

latest

amen.gif

UnrealisticRedBrocketdeer-small.gif

Reactions: kev69
Some of you go through this every year. We can not get them all but Cal will get a very good team for next year. Some of you should know this by now. Don't believe some of the posters on here with their gloom and doom. They don't know much about the recruiting and I don't either, Cal and the staff know what they are doing.

Reactions: Mr_GG and Cindog28
This is what I don't get. What the heck are these other schools selling them considering the success Bigs have had UK under Calipari?

Are they getting brainwashed just to ignore that or something? Cousins, Harrelson, Noel, WCS, Towns, Bam the last 9 years. No one has even come close to the success UK has had with bigs. And we cannot even get an elite big to even take a sniff at us since BAM.

Sounds moronic to me!! Do these kids have a brain at all? Can they think for themselves? Or are they just cluless & believe anyting any stupid AAU coach or other college coach tells them?

Well i think the trial shed some light .... when guys like will wade are offering money when we won’t....

How dare you offer a broader perspective in this! Can't you see that we're not the leader for anyone and that it's clear we won't land any of these guys. I mean, Bam was headed to NC State, Knox was Duke bound, Murray was headed to Oregon, Monk wasn't going against the Arkansas fan base, etc.

Why Cal even offers these kids is beyond me. The Crystal Ball has spoken and that should be a perfect indicator where these kids are headed.

Reactions: BassProCat
Didn’t get his last year or we’d been better than 10+ losses.

What's your ultimate goal? Are you trying to convince some fans that it's not always sunny in UK Land or do you actually believe Cal isn't trying to land kids however he can within the rules?

I'm just trying to understand why you're constantly reminding fans that we don't always land a perfect class and that we may not land all our parts in this present recruiting cycle. I think most folks get it.

What's your ultimate goal? Are you trying to convince some fans that it's not always sunny in UK Land or do you actually believe Cal isn't trying to land kids however he can within the rules?

I'm just trying to understand why you're constantly reminding fans that we don't always land a perfect class and that we may not land all our parts in this present recruiting cycle. I think most folks get it.

He is a Negative Nancy.

Reactions: struggler

I was replying to one person that didn’t understand that fact.

I get it.... ya don’t want me reminding you something negative can happen .. you just wanna think about the positives but that’s not me... I’ll point out positives and negatives because that’s life

Reactions: ZaytovenCat

CAN YOU PEOPLE READ??

I said specifically BIGS. So, only Nick Richards qualifies. But I also said ELITE BIGS, meaning the very top bigs in each class: Bagley, Ayton, Bamba. This year: Wiseman, Carey, Stewart. If I were an elite big I cannot see why I could look at UK's success with bigs the las 9 years & choose Memphis, Duke, or Michigan St.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
CAN YOU PEOPLE READ??

I said specifically BIGS. So, only Nick Richards qualifies. But I also said ELITE BIGS, meaning the very top bigs in each class: Bagley, Ayton, Bamba. This year: Wiseman, Carey, Stewart. If I were an elite big I cannot see why I could look at UK's success with bigs the las 9 years & choose Memphis, Duke, or Michigan St.

1. 6’8” power forwards are “bigs.”

2. There is credible evidence that all three of the guys you named, Bagley, Ayton, and Bamba, were paid for their commitments. So I don’t see how this helps your case.

Reactions: Mr_GG and JC43
1. 6’8” power forwards are “bigs.”

2. There is credible evidence that all three of the guys you named, Bagley, Ayton, and Bamba, were paid for their commitments. So I don’t see how this helps your case.

Case? We may not get any of our elite big targets. If we don't...then there ya go bud.

Why in the heck do you equate what I'm saying to equal that I'm implying its Cal's fault at all? I specifically said its moronic for a big to pass on UK to play where track record on other elite bigs was no way comparable.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Case? We may not get any of our elite big targets. If we don't...then there ya go bud.

Why in the heck do you equate what I'm saying to equal that I'm implying its Cal's fault at all? I specifically said its moronic for a big to pass on UK to play where track record on other elite bigs was no way comparable.

There’s an unmistakeable Chicken Little tone to your posts.

I was replying to one person that didn’t understand that fact.

I get it.... ya don’t want me reminding you something negative can happen .. you just wanna think about the positives but that’s not me... I’ll point out positives and negatives because that’s life

Obviously you can whatever you want to do. I just think it's pretty obvious to most that we may not land all of our primary targets and, as a result, we may not always be in the driver's seat when it comes to competing for titles.

I guess I'm mostly curious as to who you don't think understands this reality. Outside of children who have no historical backdrop on the hit or miss reality of UK recruiting, I think most of us get it.

Just thought it was strange that 5 hours after Igiehon was supposed to make his official announcement, then nothing has been said.

Not saying he probably won't go to U6 (which IS strange), but I think it is just a little odd to NOT announce when he said he would.

Just thought it was strange that 5 hours after Igiehon was supposed to make his official announcement, then nothing has been said.

Not saying he probably won't go to U6 (which IS strange), but I think it is just a little odd to NOT announce when he said he would.

It’s tomorrow at noon.

Reactions: Cindog28

If he chooses lewisville....nuff said...

Agree. Just because he picks UL doesn't mean he'll wind up there (with certain impending sanctions). I'd advise those who want to crush this kid on social media if he doesn't pick UK to let things play out.[winking]

giphy.gif

Lot of high school basketball players with either no guidance, no internet, no communication with the outside world or no brain. Who would go to a school that has a very good chance to get the death penalty?

Reactions: westerncat
Interesting for someone that is supposed to be lock to a school, the head coach files up to visit the kid just 3 hours before announcement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT