ADVERTISEMENT

Igiehon announcing Friday 12 pm. Stream link

How did U of L get in his top 4?

tenor.gif

Didnt official to UK. He's down on our want list compared other bigs. Will Chris Mullin still be there in 3 years? More UL sanctions possibly? Im going with Oregon.

Didnt official to UK. He's down on our want list compared other bigs. Will Chris Mullin still be there in 3 years? More UL sanctions possibly? Im going with Oregon.
Well, perhaps I’m being obtuse, but I really don’t want a player that I have to beat out the likes of Louisville, Oregon, and St. John’s for.

Hmm. This is...unusual. Igiehon announces his commitment date on the same day Oscar Tshiebwe told the coaching staff his decision. Sure, it could just be pure coincidence, but there’s another possibility too: Tshiebwe’s yes or no got passed along to Igiehon, which influenced his decision. Crystal Ball says WVU and UofL. The spider sense says UK lands one of them.

Hmm. This is...unusual. Igiehon announces his commitment date on the same day Oscar Tshiebwe told the coaching staff his decision. Sure, it could just be pure coincidence, but there’s another possibility too: Tshiebwe’s yes or no got passed along to Igiehon, which influenced his decision. Crystal Ball says WVU and UofL. The spider sense says UK lands one of them.

Don’t get your hopes up ... we’ve known Oscar wasn’t coming for a week already and igiehon never officially visited here

Don’t get your hopes up ... we’ve known Oscar wasn’t coming for a week already and igiehon never officially visited here

Agreed on the long shot. Just crazy odds that both of UK’s lower-ranked, backup bigs with similar profiles (6’9”, athletic bruisers, raw) commit in this sequence.

All facts taken together, I’d bank on a surprise commitment from OT. Igiehon never had a formal offer from UK, but there was a modest level of interest. I find it hard to believe that facing an empty frontcourt in 2019, Cal gets a call from Oscar saying “I’ve chosen West Virginia,” and doesn’t immediately escalate with Igiehon, setting up the in-home and an official to extend a commitable offer.

The most probable explanation is that Oscar told Cal the opposite. AI was stalling his recruitment for Kentucky, and was told today a formal offer wasn’t coming.

That’s my sunniest reading of the tea leaves. There are sadder and more probable explanations.

All facts taken together, I’d bank on a surprise commitment from OT. Igiehon never had a formal offer from UK, but there was a modest level of interest. I find it hard to believe that facing an empty frontcourt in 2019, Cal gets a call from Oscar saying “I’ve chosen West Virginia,” and doesn’t immediately escalate with Igiehon, setting up the in-home and an official to extend a commitable offer.

The most probable explanation is that Oscar told Cal the opposite. AI was stalling his recruitment for Kentucky, and was told today a formal offer wasn’t coming.

That’s my sunniest reading of the tea leaves. There are sadder and more probable explanations.

Well here's hoping to you being right

I have a feeling Cal will get someone that we have not heard of to commit in the late signing period. With all the great back court players all UK needs is someone reliable to rebound.

Wasn't Oregon named in the FBI trial as well?

Yes, but Louisville was already in trouble. I think they are going to be punished further. In the case of all the other schools mentioned I am in the minority I think, but I don't believe anything is going to happen to any of them. A player or 3 might not suit up this year, but I don't trust the NCAA to do anything else. So I don't lump Oregon in their with UL.

I hope we get Oscar or we should be going for this kid harder as a backup player to hopefully 1-2 of the top guys.

Reactions: westerncat
Mack went to Ireland to see him. Parents LOVED that supposedly. Guy putting together a decent squad. Good players making risky decisions going there.

The reason a few are looking into Louisville is because Mack is selling that nothing is going to happen. This is how it works and there are always stupid parents who get duped into commitment during these times.

One thing that has always baffled me about recruiting is how little some parents actually know about this process. You’d think they’d do their homework and stop listening to outsiders with an agenda but they are easily sucked in. It’s strange how a 15 year old who’s spent time on this boars will be more knowledgeable about the recruiting circuit than the parents of these players.

Be prepared to be frustrated. We’re not the leader for any of them.

All who still do not know Cal will be frustrated. Sit back, relax, Cal will feed and feed well...the foolish not choosing Cal and UK do not belong anyway... I do believe that. There is a reason UK has so many success stories. There is a reason so many pre-Cal UK players are back promoting the program. Have fun and enjoy the ride...(Argue with me if you must...:rolleyes:)

This is a real happy time. Don't worry, Be Happy...

As long as Ole Cal is doing things this way, I will follow...

Last edited:
Gotta love when players put UK in their final list when they don't even hold an offer from UK. Then morons run with it like, "oh man, Cal is slipping. He picked OU, UL etc. over big, bad UK." When in fact he doesn't even have an offer, lol. Gotta bring attention to your announcement though so I get why kids throw UK in there.

Be prepared to be frustrated. We’re not the leader for any of them.

This is what I don't get. What the heck are these other schools selling them considering the success Bigs have had UK under Calipari?

Are they getting brainwashed just to ignore that or something? Cousins, Harrelson, Noel, WCS, Towns, Bam the last 9 years. No one has even come close to the success UK has had with bigs. And we cannot even get an elite big to even take a sniff at us since BAM.

Sounds moronic to me!! Do these kids have a brain at all? Can they think for themselves? Or are they just cluless & believe anyting any stupid AAU coach or other college coach tells them?

ADVERTISEMENT