ADVERTISEMENT

If you can't SCORE, you CAN'T WIN!!!!

catben

All-American
Sep 13, 2003
It is amazing to me how inept our players are at not just shooting, but scoring in ANY way possible. Our offensive sets are so antiquated it's pitiful. We NEVER work the ball to our BEST scoring options, EVER!!

Cal needs to do A LOT of INTROSPECTION.

I find myself literally begging the tv for a higher pace offense. We score the ball well in transition and frantic come from behind efforts, yet we struggle to score of the ball with this plow mule offense! Run up-tempo and let these guys use their damn athletic ability!

I find myself literally begging the tv for a higher pace offense. We score the ball well in transition and frantic come from behind efforts, yet we struggle to score of the ball with this plow mule offense! Run up-tempo and let these guys use their damn athletic ability!
Hit the nail on the head . The pace of our offense is for a team that could play great in a half court set . A team with more athletes than shooters should always push the pace .

Not sure why people are still upset at this point. This team is just not very good..period! If you're going to be mad, be mad at Cal for putting together this terrible squad. No need to shitt on the players anymore.

Reactions: warrior-cat
8 assists
16 turnovers

getting out rebounded every game

What do the coaches work on in practice?

This team has the potential to be much better than their 4-8 record.

I put this on Calipari and his staff.

Reactions: BlobUK and catben
8 assists
16 turnovers

The turnovers/assists are bad, but getting out rebounded when we are HUGE and ATHLETIC is ridiculous!!

Cal wants to be able to score in the half-court because he knows in the NCAA Tournament that's what kind of games you are going to have. However, if you can't SCORE, a half-court offense that is predicated on ONE-ON-ONE ability when your players can't create their own shots, is NOT going to succeed. He KNOWS it and yet he STILL won't BEND!!!!!!

Something has to CHANGE or we will have to endure this CRAP for YEARS to come!!! Thanks Mitch!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What are we working on in practices?

it sure as hell isn’t:
Moving your feet on defense
Boxing out
Free throws
Up tempo

A great simple question. What is it that they've worked on. So many obvious weaknesses, no fundamentals, no skills. $10 million given, not earned.

Reactions: catben
It is amazing to me how inept our players are at not just shooting, but scoring in ANY way possible. Our offensive sets are so antiquated it's pitiful. We NEVER work the ball to our BEST scoring options, EVER!!

Cal needs to do A LOT of INTROSPECTION.
Yeah, but they kneel well.

• Angry
Reactions: catben
8 assists
16 turnovers

I am astounded that kids with such high recruiting rankings are so bad at basics such as a shooting ,passing ,dribbling. Cal has been fantastic in recruiting players that I considered developmental candidates, kids like Herro, SGA and IQ. But this bunch of recruits is weak to say the least. If I were a Cal, I would play Askew at the point,Allen at big guard Brooks and Toppen with Starr in the middle with Mintzand Jackson off the bench. That starting group has a chance of scoring and would be acceptable on defense with Alan as a risk when he switched off on quicker guards.
then he should focus on kids who can shoot. The game is rapidly moving toward three point important and Cal has historically recruited for athletic ability and defensive ability over off it or at least shooting. This year is biases and judgments have failed him. He is still an excellent coach and an even better person but this team does not inspire confidence.

Only way to see this team play at a faster pace, is to hit fast forward on the DVR.

Not sure why people are still upset at this point. This team is just not very good..period! If you're going to be mad, be mad at Cal for putting together this terrible squad. No need to shitt on the players anymore.
I expect it now and have mostly checked out of the season. Did not watch the first 7 games because of boycotting on social issues (Not going further with it here) then, decided to see if it had changed and watched a couple then, the Florida crap did it for me. I will keep up with the record to see if Kansas catches us but, not watch at this point.

Reactions: gharding07
Who cares about winning games for the University of Kentucky? Cal only cares about getting his star recruits to the NBA.

Who cares about winning games for the University of Kentucky? Cal only cares about getting his star recruits to the NBA.
Even with that, you have to SCORE to get drafted to the NBA. Cal's offensive philosophy is FAR different than ANY NBA team. You would think he would ADAPT his system to fit the modern game of basketball, but he hasn't or won't.

It's MIND BOGGLING!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT