ADVERTISEMENT

If we win out

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
Now hear me out:

UK “could” be favored in every game we play from here on out including KU and TN due to those two games being in Kentucky.

Just for fun lets say UK wins out, then wins the SECT to finish 28-6 are we a 2 seed in the Dance or could we steal the last #1?

I know alot will depend on what others do, but as many upsets as there have already been this season, lets assume things break the Cats way.

If you dont want to play along please dont post negative crap as IMHO UKs recent play, health and the remaining schedule lends itself to this discussion.

The “lets just worry about Vandy” post can get lost too.

Thanks

For a minute I thought your posts were funny now they are just down right stupid. There is nothing to indicate this team
Has the ability to win out. And no we wouldn’t be a two seed if we did. The loss to USCjr is a killer. Stop huffing paint and pumping fictitious stuff. I encourage you to join reality

IF…. All that happened we would definitely be ranked way up there.

BUT…. That’s a hard hill to climb for anyone.

Even though we are much improved lately and I am much happier.
I do not think we win out or at least not yet.

Reactions: Catzman
Yeah we will be lucky to get out of that shit hole gym Tues with a win. 1 game at a time, up next a late Tuesday game on the road and I can name you the ref crew already, UNWATCHABLE most likely but we should hold on for a 68 - 64 win.

Now hear me out:

UK “could” be favored in every game we play from here on out including KU and TN due to those two games being in Kentucky.

Just for fun lets say UK wins out, then wins the SECT to finish 28-6 are we a 2 seed in the Dance or could we steal the last #1?

I know alot will depend on what others do, but as many upsets as there have already been this season, lets assume things break the Cats way.

If you dont want to play along please dont post negative crap as IMHO UKs recent play, health and the remaining schedule lends itself to this discussion.

Thanks
What about the recent play? That we got lucky against UT as they missed two dozen layups at the rim, and then trailed at the half to two consecutive Unranked teams in Rupp? We are all happy that some foul calls and a few bounces have gone our way the last 3 games, but let’s not act like Call has resurrected some juggernaut.

Oh if you win out... your a number one seed and that's just to the regular season. For real.
Regular season champ in the SEC with three losses 15 and 3. Kansas win Tennessee twice. Number one seed but they got to win them all

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Now hear me out:

Thanks
Man, don’t do this to yourself. Gotta stop looking ahead, this group can’t afford to do that. Also this group is going to lose a couple more games, they just are

Reactions: delk4three
IF

that would makes us like 28-6, that’s a one seed any day of the week. IF our shooting improves, there’s a small chance of that happening.

Like. Less than 5%. We have to see Bama again sometime in the tourney I’m sure. . And they’re still light years ahead of us. Have to play UT again too. Winnable game but will be very tough.

Just take one game at a time. If we win the next two? I’m really starting to feel the love.

I mean it’s fun to dream. Cal does that and he gets the Coach of the Year.
No doubt, but unfortunately as I have learned dreams get crushed a lot. This team can have a decent record, but they will lose some more, especially with only playing six guys. But I can see a scenario where this team finished 22-9 or maybe even 23-8, and that be really good

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Now hear me out:

Thanks
Since you said "Just for fun" I think in that situation a one seed would be tough. The loss to SC and Missouri alone will keep us from a one seed. Then the blowout loss to Bama doesn't help. A two would be possible. If Cal make certain changes and sticks with them i really dont think its out of the realm of possibility. Bama or Tenn could be a real problem in the SECT, but with the right changes Bama and Tenn should be winnable in Rupp

I've been really hard on Cal and he aint off my shyt list by far yet. But I will give him credit, he's never sit a player like Wheeler before. That's a MAJOR step in the right direction not from just that stand point that he did it. But that he's actually made a change in his philosophy not to sit certain players. For Cal that's a major concession.

No doubt, but unfortunately as I have leaned dreams get crushed a lot. This team can have a decent record, but they will lose some more, especially with only playing six guys. But I can see a scenario where this team finished 22-9 or maybe even 23-8, and that be really good
I’ll sign up for 23-8 and a 4 seed. Right now. I’ll take that all things consider.

And yes I well know about dreams being shattered. Back in 2015 I had that dream where I got to meet Cal at his office and he showed me a pristine white suit that he was going to wear at seasons end for a banquet. But then his office caught fire for some reason and the white suit was the only thing untouched. I awoke and just KNEW we were going 40-0. That it was a great sign not to stress over it.

Sigh. Cest la vie.

I’ll sign up for 23-8 and a 4 seed. Right now. I’ll take that all things consider.

And yes I well know about dreams being shattered. Back in 2015 I hade that deal wheee I got to meet Cal at his office and he showed me a pristine white suit that he was going to wear at seasons end. But then his office caught fire for some reason and the white suit was the only thing untouched. I awoke and just KNEW we were going 40-0. That it was a great sing not to stress. Over it.

Sigh. Cest la vie.
I would to, that would be really good for thsi w, but I am not looking ahead. One game at a time will be my motto going foward

Reactions: bbncal02
Same. Absolutely the same. I either expect us to win it all at this point or fail horribly. Just one game at a time to see which.
If they pull things completely together and go 23-8 or 22-9 and go on a run in the SEC tourney, I’m sure I will talk myself into them making a tournament run even though I know better

If they pull things completely together and go 23-8 or 22-9 and go on a run in the SEC tourney, I’m sure I will talk myself into them making a tournament run even though I know better
I don’t see us going out early again unless Cal really pulls a stupid. Which. Could happen.

But with the likes of most our guys knowing what a gut punch that was I don’t see them signing up for that again.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I don’t see us going out early again unless Cal really pulls a stupid. Which. Could happen.

But with the likes of most our guys knowing what a gut punch that was I don’t see them signing up for that again.
Any tournament game I will go into it like 2018, depending on the matchup and just hope to be surprised

Reactions: bbncal02
Any tournament game I will go into it like 2018, depending on the matchup and just hope to be surprised
I’ll be like 2014. I remember exactly how that tourney started for us. With a pre game technical for the opposition and Harrison front ending a FT lol. I thought “Whelp here we go”.

I was pleasantly surprised on that one. 😊

And yes I well know about dreams being shattered. Back in 2015 I had that dream where I got to meet Cal at his office and he showed me a pristine white suit that he was going to wear at seasons end for a banquet. But then his office caught fire for some reason and the white suit was the only thing untouched. I awoke and just KNEW we were going 40-0. That it was a great sign not to stress over it.

Sigh. Cest la vie.
Thanks. Now I’ll dream about HH in a pristine white suit with a Zippo lighter poking out the pocket.

I would love for that to be the case but it’s hard to look that far ahead but it’s a possibility.

What about the recent play? That we got lucky against UT as they missed two dozen layups at the rim, and then trailed at the half to two consecutive Unranked teams in Rupp? We are all happy that some foul calls and a few bounces have gone our way the last 3 games, but let’s not act like Call has resurrected some juggernaut.

Sounds like someone is upset that we are winning.

First half of the season:

at Gonzaga
at Alabama
at Tennessee
v UCLA (NY)

2nd half of season

v Kansas
v Tennessee
v Arkansas
v Auburn

All those games are in Rupp

See the huge difference?

I’ll be like 2014. I remember exactly how that tourney started for us. With a pre game technical for the opposition and Harrison front ending a FT lol. I thought “Whelp here we go”.

I was pleasantly surprised on that one. 😊
I was gonna say 2014, but that team had a superstar in randle, this team has a really good college player in Oscar. To me thsi team will be exactly like 2018, the matchup with be crucial, and maybe they get lucky and have another buffalo over Arizona upset happen.

First half of the season:

at Gonzaga
at Alabama
at Tennessee
v UCLA (NY)

2nd half of season

v Kansas
v Tennessee
v Arkansas
v Auburn

All those games are in Rupp

See the huge difference?
The enthusiasm is great man, and this team does have some nice things to build off of, but Kentucky struggled and had to claw to beat UGA & A&M, which are good wins by the way not saying they aren’t, but Kansas, Tennessee, arkansas(talent wise), & auburn are all better than UGA & and A&M. Can Kentucky beat those four teams, sure but let’s not look ahead

Lol, OP is never miserable. When you snort as much hopium as that guy, every loss is the prequel to a championship run.
Man, some enthusiasm & belief is okay, no doubt but those expectations he is staying are setting himself up to be let down. This group is going to lose again, it’s crazy to think they won’t

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls

Lucky, that is rich....

So anytime we lose it has nothing to do with luck for the other team but if we win it is certainly luck on our part?

Brother, we beat UT and there was no luck involved. We missed our fair share of open shots.

Try giving credit where credit is due.

This team was playing like a horses ass two weeks ago and everybody and their brother can see they are playing better. Try being happy despite the disdain for Cal. Just a nickels worth of free advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: VA/UK
Man, some enthusiasm & belief is okay, no doubt but those expectations he is staying are setting himself up to be let down. This group is going to lose again, it’s crazy to think they won’t

I agree 100%. Like I said. To him. Every loss is just a beginning to a championship run.

That is some serious hopium. I wish I had his supplier

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I agree 100%. Like I said. To him. Every loss is just a beginning to a championship run.

That is some serious hopium. I wish I had his supplier
Agree, I have told him twice in here with this group you can’t look ahead, just take it one game at a time, because this team can beat anybody and easily lose to anybody, looking ahead is something this team can’t afford to do

Now hear me out:

Thanks
Just Stop. Your hyperbole and wishful thinking is laughable. I support optimism, but there's also reality. This isn't a negative post, it's realistic. The best 10 or so teams in CBB won't "win out", UK won't either. You were like this in football season, dreaming of an SEC championship and playoff bid. All you do is set yourself up for failure and make a fool of yourself. This team just needs to get better and play it game by game. Winning 3 games is great, but South Carolina isn't that far back in the rearview mirror.

And don't tell us what to post or not post, you post BS daily and drag this board through all kinds of redassery.
I'm surprised you didn't post: "This is the greatest win a 12-6 UK team ever had in the history of UK Basketball"

Yeah we will be lucky to get out of that shit hole gym Tues with a win. 1 game at a time, up next a late Tuesday game on the road and I can name you the ref crew already, UNWATCHABLE most likely but we should hold on for a 68 - 64 win.
Take that right now

Now hear me out:

Thanks
I don't think UK or any other team not named Houston (look at their schedule) will WIN OUT.

Buy hypothetically if we did (win out), then I think we could get a 1 only if Alabama got 3 SEC losses. I think we would need to at least tie with them in the SEC (I guess if we finished just 1 game back of them AND they did not make it to the SEC-T final might also work). Assuming no colapses, because we all know some B12 school will get one, Purdue will get one, and Houston or UCLA or Zona will get one, which leaves 1 to the SEC.

So realistically, in this hypothetical (but won't happen) scenario, a 2 seed is our best case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT