ADVERTISEMENT

If the SEC thought giving us Alabama was fair

Yes, I do. Yes, I do. Yes, I do. I have also known some NFL officials. If you think people who are paid a lot of money don't lie, cheat, and steal because they already make enough, Bill Clinton would like to talk to you about a donation. Fkn hilarious the naivete of some folks

And the NFL officials you knew got there by cheating all their life, nice crowd you hang out with. Have you told them what you think of them?

Look, it is pretty simple, you don't advance in officiating if you are incompetent or cheat all the time, however it is a very difficult occupation and it is hard to be perfect at it. Well, for most mortals.

If they're saying refs aren't biased, they're either stoned or they're blind.

TV replay has helped, but I would challenge anyone to do a simple search of two identical situations, with opposite calls, after review.

In November of 2016, we beat Louisville when QB Lamar Jackson fumbled after the back of his hand hit the turf. Review confirmed the fumble, the announcers saying “the wrist” being down would have negated the call of a fumble.

Less than a year later, Ole Miss’s QB lost control of the ball in damn near identical circumstances, and the video and still photos look identical to the Jackson fumble . . . and it was called a fumble in live play. The SEC offices reversed the call, and Ole Miss tossed the winning TD on the next play.

Reactions: Girthang
TV replay has helped, but I would challenge anyone to do a simple search of two identical situations, with opposite calls, after review.

In November of 2016, we beat Louisville when QB Lamar Jackson fumbled after the back of his hand hit the turf. Review confirmed the fumble, the announcers saying “the wrist” being down would have negated the call of a fumble.

Less than a year later, Ole Miss’s QB lost control of the ball in damn near identical circumstances, and the video and still photos look identical to the Jackson fumble . . . and it was called a fumble in live play. The SEC offices reversed the call, and Ole Miss tossed the winning TD on the next play.

Perfect example. How some of these calls are held up or reversed on replay and others not is really perplexing to put it mildly. Late hits out of bounds and continuations well after the play is dead.... The time the FL DLineman spit in Bunchy Stallings face for instance. Spit hanging off of his facemask...

The inconsistencies and the lack of character of the crews in some cases are countless. How anyone cannot see bias is laughable

And the NFL officials you knew got there by cheating all their life, nice crowd you hang out with. Have you told them what you think of them?

Look, it is pretty simple, you don't advance in officiating if you are incompetent or cheat all the time, however it is a very difficult occupation and it is hard to be perfect at it. Well, for most mortals.

Ah, the argument from absurdity. Love it when the fallacies come raging forth. Lol. As if I didn't already know you lost perspective well before now... You know I didn't say that, so why try to put words in my mouth?

The people I know are not afraid of truth. They are pretty candid about the failings of their professions as well as the successes. They're not blinded by any kind of cognitive dissonance. That's why we have such great conversations.

They know they have shown bias at times and strive against it. Some strive against that much less than they do, and they all know who those people are. It's not about how good the biased ones are but how well connected they are and WHERE they pick their battles. They know very well what they can and can't get away with.

It's definitely not easy and not for those who love the game. It takes being completely detached, according to most of them,to call the game fairly. Few can do that 100% of the time.

Ah, the argument from absurdity. Love it when the fallacies come raging forth. Lol. As if I didn't already know you lost perspective well before now... You know I didn't say that, so why try to put words in my mouth?

The people I know are not afraid of truth. They are pretty candid about the failings of their professions as well as the successes. They're not blinded by any kind of cognitive dissonance. That's why we have such great conversations.

They know they have shown bias at times and strive against it. Some strive against that much less than they do, and they all know who those people are. It's not about how good the biased ones are but how well connected they are and WHERE they pick their battles. They know very well what they can and can't get away with.

It's definitely not easy and not for those who love the game. It takes being completely detached, according to most of them,to call the game fairly. Few can do that 100% of the time.

More BS. Who said any of them do it 100% of the time, tough job, everyone with a brain knows that.

But you are really good at nitpicking, practice makes perfect. Of course you are taking the popular side, everyone thinks officials are biased when the truth is it is just a very tough job that is nitpicked by fans with the benefit of instant replay, multiple angles, and replays, when their terrible calls made with their bias turn out to be the right call most of the time. Do you want to know who is biased, the coaches and fans. And sure, there are bad calls, it comes with the territory. I guess you think it would be better if they let the coaches call the game, lol.

What bias, what official would really care who wins the game, their concern is calling it without looking like they are incompetent, and ALL of their calls are carefully reviewed and critiqued by higher ups. Bias, BS, why would they care who wins the game? And their LUCRATIVE job that they are very proud of won't last very long if they have any bias, tough enough to call it right without any bias.

Last edited:

A pretty famous call in the Transfer U game, rehashed a hundred times compared to the routine calls they make every play. By the way, reread your first paragraph, did the announcers disagree with the call, it was called a fumble wasn't it?

More BS. Who said any of them do it 100% of the time, tough job, everyone with a brain knows that.

But you are really good at it, practice makes perfect. Of course you are taking the popular side, everyone thinks officials are biased when the truth is it is just a very tough job that is nitpicked by fans with the benefit of instant replay, multiple angles, and replays, when their terrible calls made with their bias turn out to be the right call most of the time. Do you want to know who is biased, the coaches and fans. And sure, there are bad calls, it comes with the territory. I guess you think it would be better if they let the coaches call the game, lol.

What bias, what official would really care who wins the game, their concern is calling it without looking like they are incompetent, and ALL of their calls are carefully reviewed and critiqued by higher ups. Bias, BS, why would they care who wins the game? And their LUCRATIVE job that they are very proud of won't last very long if they have any bias, tough enough to call it right without any bias.

I dont think anyone is saying it's an easy job, but to not think there have been calls made to protect teams you aren't paying attention.

Some examples. I believe it was Dooleys first year at UT against Bama. UT lining up to kick game winning FG snap, mount Cody blocks and immediately jerks his helmet off and runs 30 yards down field. The rule is any player voluntarily removing helmet unsportsmanlike penalty. UT should have gotten a 2nd attempt 15 yards closer, but of course no call, Bama wins. I can't remember the year, UK up by 3, UF snaps the ball clearly after time runs out but FG is good and win in OT.

This is the issue I have, the SEC office is in Bama, the schedule of officials is a Bama grad. That has helped Bama more than once. You dont go a full season without a single holding call if all things are equal.

Serious question, how is this biased against UK? If UK had drawn Bama and LSU like Missour did, you would have a legit complaint. But you ended up with 2 good teams and 2 teams with new staffs, just like UGA and UF did. SEC showed they feel UK is in the top 3 teams in the East because it got one of the 3 easiest schedules in the East. Of course drawing State, OM, Arky and AU would have made it easier, but you wanting to win the East or the MAC?
Grumpy we added two teams - not four! Those teams were already on our schedule. Now, we are playing the top 4 rated teams in the conference - 3 of them in the top 10 and the other rated as high as 11. UK and Georgia's schedule as to opponents is very similar - but look at Florida's - UK and Georgia both got screwed in my opinion. But most people in the SEC, I'm not counting you - don't realize that UK is a legitimate contender in the East this year - so playing at home could be a huge factor.

Grumpy, I wasn't so upset about the teams we drew. I think we beat Ole Miss if play in China - lols. Now you want to shake things up - move the Florida/UK game to Lexington and play in mid November - then watch the Gator boys cry! We last played Bama at Bama - 3 years ago - we played Ole Miss in Lexington the same time. My real complaint was not who we played - but where we played. I think Kentucky will be give em game - if we get to play it - but I would like to see Bama in Lexington! Our chances might be slightly better at home. As I said, Bama is 34-1 at home the last 5 years. But UK is 31-14 the last 6 years at home - not too bad either. Grumpy, you or many others may not realize it- but this UK team should be much better than the team of two years ago - we are stronger and deeper at virtually all positions. Georgia may beat UK - but it will be harder this time than two years ago. I look forward to this season with great interest.

The winner of the East could lose 3 games and still win the division - I think two is a real possibility and who you beat will decide who wins the division. If UK can beat Georgia and Florida and lose to Bama and one other team - they will win the division. possibly can win the division losing to one of them as well. No matter who wins - if this season is played and teams can avoid losing players to the corona - it will be the greatest SEC season ever! The top 8 teams in this league are all top 25 quality as well! Top 10 may all be top 30 as well - if we have a true regular season. The SEC will beat up on each other pretty well in all likely hood - and being home for the tougher games will be an advantage for sure!

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: jauk11
Grumpy we added two teams - not four! Those teams were already on our schedule. Now, we are playing the top 4 rated teams in the conference - 3 of them in the top 10 and the other rated as high as 11. UK and Georgia's schedule as to opponents is very similar - but look at Florida's - UK and Georgia both got screwed in my opinion. But most people in the SEC, I'm not counting you - don't realize that UK is a legitimate contender in the East this year - so playing at home could be a huge factor.

Grumpy, I wasn't so upset about the teams we drew. I think we beat Ole Miss if play in China - lols. Now you want to shake things up - move the Florida/UK game to Lexington and play in mid November - then watch the Gator boys cry! We last played Bama at Bama - 3 years ago - we played Ole Miss in Lexington the same time. My real complaint was not who we played - but where we played. I think Kentucky will be give em game - if we get to play it - but I would like to see Bama in Lexington! Our chances might be slightly better at home. As I said, Bama is 34-1 at home the last 5 years. But UK is 31-14 the last 6 years at home - not too bad either. Grumpy, you or many others may not realize it- but this UK team should be much better than the team of two years ago - we are stronger and deeper at virtually all positions. Georgia may beat UK - but it will be harder this time than two years ago. I look forward to this season with great interest.

The winner of the East could lose 3 games and still win the division - I think two is a real possibility and who you beat will decide who wins the division. If UK can beat Georgia and Florida and lose to Bama and one other team - they will win the division. possibly can win the division losing to one of them as well. No matter who wins - if this season is played and teams can avoid losing players to the corona - it will be the greatest SEC season ever! The top 8 teams in this league are all top 25 quality as well! Top 10 may all be top 30 as well - if we have a true regular season. The SEC will beat up on each other pretty well in all likely hood - and being home for the tougher games will be an advantage for sure!

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

The SEC should have gone with the 21 and 22 rotation, then no one could have said one team got a better draw because of who they were. We had AU and Bama to begin with, the rest of the East was pretty happy with that schedule. I do realize UK will be improved this year, but I don't think many realize UGA will bring back almost 90% of the defensive production, including 8 starters. We will never have anyone near the top of the stats because we rotate so many players. Defensively we led the nation in scoring, we will be better defensively this fall. Offensively who knows, be hard to be worse, new QB, new OC, rebuilt OL. I don't have a clue what we are going to be offensively, who will start at QB. But it will be hard pressed to be as predictable and conservative as it was in 19. The new OC has a reputation of being a stretch the field wide open spread offense. The real question is will Kirby leave him alone and let him run his offense. If yes, we will be hard to deal with, if no every game will be a struggle like 19.

I dont think anyone is saying it's an easy job, but to not think there have been calls made to protect teams you aren't paying attention.

Some examples. I believe it was Dooleys first year at UT against Bama. UT lining up to kick game winning FG snap, mount Cody blocks and immediately jerks his helmet off and runs 30 yards down field. The rule is any player voluntarily removing helmet unsportsmanlike penalty. UT should have gotten a 2nd attempt 15 yards closer, but of course no call, Bama wins. I can't remember the year, UK up by 3, UF snaps the ball clearly after time runs out but FG is good and win in OT.

This is the issue I have, the SEC office is in Bama, the schedule of officials is a Bama grad. That has helped Bama more than once. You dont go a full season without a single holding call if all things are equal.

A couple of questions for you. And I do have great respect for your football knowledge.

How many years did you have to go back to find one of the most controversial officials calls ever? When you have to go back that far to find a real controversy then it says the officials are doing something right. I remember a couple of controversies where Thug U's coaches showed their ignorance of the rules.

The other example is apparently so long ago I don't even remember the details, but now it comes back to me a bit. The Back Judge was in charge of calling that, and if you remember by using a STOP watch with hundredths of a second the snap was within a couple of HUNDREDTHS of a second of being in time, and actually watching the snap and the HUNDREDTHS tick off I think he probably snapped it with a couple hundredths to spare, and you expect the back judge using a seconds watch to "guess" right on the call? It was too close to call either way, and he is supposed to watch his clock AND the center and get it right when it was a few HUNDREDTHS of a second call. And I remember hundreds of UK fans talking about what a terrible call it was, weird that the call went against us, I think they would have all agreed it was a great call if it had gone the other way.

And I replayed that call several times and couldn't really argue with his call even though it went against us.

And I think the other play you are talking about was over ten years ago, 2009, and I think Kiffin was the coach, not Dooley, but not positive of that detail. Both showed their lack of knowledge of football rules for someone that reached the position of HC at Thug U. I will try to look the play up again, forgot the details, remember Kiffin showed his ignorance of the rules again. A good flim flam man, not good on the rules for someone heading up a P5 program, a good salesman.

Last edited:

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

Go Big Blue!

Excellent post.

I don't remember, was that FGA on fourth down? If so was the helmet incident a dead ball foul, after the kick failed, so there still wouldn't have been a second try? Pretty easy to assume that after the kick was no good the game was over, but it depends. Those officials sure do have a lot to think about, don't they. That is why those positions are so highly prized and why no official at that level wants to throw it away by making obviously crap calls. Which will often be overruled by another official that just wants to get it right, he wasn't "paid off" like the first official, lol.

It just doesn't add up, so you have ONE official that is bought off, and the other half dozen aren't going to overrule him when they know he was wrong? How much to buy off a whole crew, and then there is no guarantee their team will win or cover the bet, unless you make a bunch of obviously stupid calls, ONE fumble recovered for a TD is likely to cover a half dozen bad calls.

I personally think aTm may be the best team in the West this year and Bama may actually be 3rd under LSU.

I think the pairings were as fair as they can make them, if any team has a complaint coming it's probably UT

Arkansas says hello. They have one of the toughest schedules in the history of schedules. Murders row.

@ Miss. State Tenn.
@ Texas A&M Ole Miss
@ Auburn Georgia
@ Florida Alabama
@ Missouri LSU

UT, Georgia, Bama, and LSU is a very nice season ticket package for fans to watch elite teams come to town.

Going to Miss. State, A&M, Auburn, and Florida mixed with that brutal home schedule is really unfair. Mizzou and Ole Miss are the only winnable games i see, and going to Mizzou is no cake walk. I bet their new coach is thinking "Is this some kind of initiation doe new guys ????? 1-9 / 0-10 is not how a new hire wants to start.

At this point I'd be happy with the '86 Bears at Soldier field.

You can document any team going a full year with no holding calls? Is the Bama grad calling the games, and what official wants to look stupid with all the reviews because they know the scheduler?

Sorry, your "clearly" reveals your prejudice, "UF snaps the ball clearly after time runs out", that was one of the closest calls I have ever seen, I could have forgiven him calling it either way.. In fact I did forgive him even though it cost UK the game I can't fault him as much as I want to, in fact I think he "guessed" it right. And between him having to watch his watch AND the snap at the same time I do think it was little more than a guess, whereas most UK fans got to watch it with the clock superimposed on the snap.

And most UK fans (you too, JMO) still got it wrong, just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
They had 2 WR and a QB drafted in the first round. Not sure where or if Jones will go, but he will have 2 top flight WR to throw to, one likely a first rounder and the other was/is their return guy. The numbwe 1 RB in their class, arguably the top OT in the conference.

I have no idea why Tulane left, but according to some older than me Tech fans Tech left because Bobby Dodd wasn't happy with Bama and what Bear was doing to get an advantage over the rest of the conference. It was basically Bama creating teams, providing scholarships for said team, but using those to sign extra football players. It's why today any 2 sport athlete counts against football. True or not that is what I have always heard, but Bama has always been king of finding and using loopholes.

Jaylen Waddle is a beast. can take it to the house on any given play. You left out the RB they have coming back, Najee Harris, kid is a stud.Devonta Smith will be a SR.

Mac Jones (4 games) 1503 yards, 375 ypg, 14 td's (3.5 TD per game) only 3 int's
Najee Harris - 1224 yards rushing (5.9 ypc) 13 td's / 304 yards receiving and 7 more td's
Devonta Jones - 1256 yards receiving / 14 td's. Holds team records for receptions in a game (11), yards in a game (274) and td's in a game (5)
Jaylen Waddle - 560 yards receiving / 24 yards per punt return and 35 yards per kick return. Will be used a lot of screens and end arounds, reverses, etc. Playmaker.

Whole offensive line are studs and the get the best defensive player back who was injured last year. They will be stacked.

Last edited:
Arkansas says hello. They have one of the toughest schedules in the history of schedules. Murders row.

@ Miss. State Tenn.
@ Texas A&M Ole Miss
@ Auburn Georgia
@ Florida Alabama
@ Missouri LSU

UT, Georgia, Bama, and LSU is a very nice season ticket package for fans to watch elite teams come to town.

Going to Miss. State, A&M, Auburn, and Florida mixed with that brutal home schedule is really unfair. Mizzou and Ole Miss are the only winnable games i see, and going to Mizzou is no cake walk. I bet their new coach is thinking "Is this some kind of initiation doe new guys ????? 1-9 / 0-10 is not how a new hire wants to start.

Exact same schedule we have, maybe the sites differ, except we have Vandy where they have LSU. So yes, they do have a murder's row schedule, with UK not far behind.

Jaylen Waddle is a beast. can take it to the house on any given play. You left out the RB they have coming back, Najee Harris, kid is a stud.Devonta Smith will be a SR.

Mac Jones (4 games) 1503 yards, 375 ypg, 14 td's 93.5 TD per game) only 3 int's
Najee Harris - 1224 yards rushing (5.9 ypc) 13 td's / 304 yards receiving and 7 more td's
Devonta Jones - 1256 yards receiving / 14 td's. Holds team records for receptions in a game (11), yards in a game (274) and td's in a game (5)
Jaylen Waddle - 560 yards receiving / 24 yards per punt return and 35 yards per kick return. Will be used a lot of screens and end arounds, reverses, etc. Playmaker.

Whole offensive line are studs and the get the best defensive player back who was injured last year. They will be stacked.

Crap.

What are you trying to do, ruin my day? Good job if so, but I still think UK has a (slim) chance, need some breaks.

A couple of questions for you. And I do have great respect for your football knowledge.

How many years did you have to go back to find one of the most controversial officials calls ever? When you have to go back that far to find a real controversy then it says the officials are doing something right. I remember a couple of controversies where Thug U's coaches showed their ignorance of the rules.

The other example is apparently so long ago I don't even remember the details, but now it comes back to me a bit. The Back Judge was in charge of calling that, and if you remember by using a STOP watch with hundredths of a second the snap was within a couple of HUNDREDTHS of a second of being in time, and actually watching the snap and the HUNDREDTHS tick off I think he probably snapped it with a couple hundredths to spare, and you expect the back judge using a seconds watch to "guess" right on the call? It was too close to call either way, and he is supposed to watch his clock AND the center and get it right when it was a few HUNDREDTHS of a second call. And I remember hundreds of UK fans talking about what a terrible call it was, weird that the call went against us, I think they would have all agreed it was a great call if it had gone the other way.

And I replayed that call several times and couldn't really argue with his call even though it went against us.

And I think the other play you are talking about was over ten years ago, 2009, and I think Kiffin was the coach, not Dooley, but not positive of that detail. Both showed their lack of knowledge of football rules for someone that reached the position of HC at Thug U. I will try to look the play up again, forgot the details, remember Kiffin showed his ignorance of the rules again. A good flim flam man, not good on the rules for someone heading up a P5 program, a good salesman.

I didn't mention the one that hurt the most, but we played Bama for NC, our guy gets called off side on a punt, replay shows he was not, but not reviewable. We recovered, in FG range would have won game in regulation. On Bama's tying TD, 4th and 7, Bama WR was in motion, was not called, catches game tying TD. Same official missed 2 calls that were game changers. No he wasn't an SEC ref, but his brother was a Bama Letterman, he cost us a NC. There is no reason to miss an offside unless you don't want to see it.

Mac Jones (4 games) 1503 yards, 375 ypg, 14 td's 93.5 TD per game) only 3 int's

Whole offensive line are studs and the get the best defensive player back who was injured last year. They will be s
tacked.

They also have the number 1 RB from the 19 class that missed the 19 season, I couldn't remember Waddle,'s name. Read they could have as many as 8 1st rounders.

But Jones is the weak link, he didn't face much pressure, except the AU game and didn't fare well. Those receivers helped his stats, and Smith and Waddle will too. But have to get pressure on him. Mobile QBs have given Saban team fits, always have. UK and Wilson will and I am hoping we can with Newsome. Pickens is arguably the top receiver in the East which puts him top 5 in the conference. We lost a lot of offense though, I don't know who our RB will be or the other WR, We can be very good, but we may not be game 1 or 2.

I didn't mention the one that hurt the most, but we played Bama for NC, our guy gets called off side on a punt, replay shows he was not, but not reviewable. We recovered, in FG range would have won game in regulation. On Bama's tying TD, 4th and 7, Bama WR was in motion, was not called, catches game tying TD. Same official missed 2 calls that were game changers. No he wasn't an SEC ref, but his brother was a Bama Letterman, he cost us a NC. There is no reason to miss an offside unless you don't want to see it.

Unusual for them to assign an official to a game he has any ties to, even at the high school level. Sounds like that should have applied in your case. Most officials don't want that pressure of someone thinking they have a bias about the game, should be able to just call what you see without worrying about other stuff.

They also have the number 1 RB from the 19 class that missed the 19 season, I couldn't remember Waddle,'s name. Read they could have as many as 8 1st rounders.

But Jones is the weak link, he didn't face much pressure, except the AU game and didn't fare well. Those receivers helped his stats, and Smith and Waddle will too. But have to get pressure on him. Mobile QBs have given Saban team fits, always have. UK and Wilson will and I am hoping we can with Newsome. Pickens is arguably the top receiver in the East which puts him top 5 in the conference. We lost a lot of offense though, I don't know who our RB will be or the other WR, We can be very good, but we may not be game 1 or 2.

It will be interesting to see if the SEC shows as much bias in the time teams play as they did in the schedule. Of course that could be more of guessing game.

Doubt we would beat alabama if the game was played on the moon
Maybe we wouldve last year after LBJ got rolling. Each time he juked someone they would have ended up in space ... literally. Plus, I have to think the lack of gravity would impact the passing game more than the ground game. And our punter wouldve done some cool-a$$ left-foot arc kick, still pinning them inside their 5. I have us 22-18 (dont bother with xtra pts or fga.)

Reactions: The-Hack
Arkansas says hello.

Arkansas could play Vandy 10 times and go 0-10.

Not playing an FCS school might be the best thing that happened for their new coach: they struggled to beat a losing FCS opponent at home, last year.

If they get blanked, they can blame it on the conference and the Covid schedule.

It will be interesting to see if the SEC shows as much bias in the time teams play as they did in the schedule. Of course that could be more of guessing game.

They kept Bama and UF from playing, but I assume you are talking about u scca getting Arky and State. Their reasoning was to equalize the schedules, we did have Bama and AU scheduled from the start. If we had gone with the 21 and 22 rotation, we would have drawn Arkey and State. But we play 2 ranked West te as ms, the same 2 UK plays.

Arkansas could play Vandy 10 times and go 0-10.

Not playing an FCS school might be the best thing that happened for their new coach: they struggled to beat a losing FCS opponent at home, last year.

If they get blanked, they can blame it on the conference and the Covid schedule.

Pittman is a good coach as nd he will improve recruiting, he hired Ken Briles as his OC, who will put the ball up and Barry Odem who was a great DC at Missouri and led thg them to 2 East titles, not so good as head man. He took some of our S&C staff with him along with a couple of support staff. I like him, a little late in the game for first head coaching job, 58 I believe, and at a tough place to win. West has 3 new coaches this fall, of course you know that.

of course you know that.

We all spend time preaching to the choir, here!

Yeah, and the Hogs won’t be down, forever, but ‘20 was going to be a challenge to win more than a game or two, no matter the circumstances.

It’ll be fun to watch Hog football in two or three years, because they have the staff members to win, but that first year will be ugly!!

We all spend time preaching to the choir, here!

Yeah, and the Hogs won’t be down, forever, but ‘20 was going to be a challenge to win more than a game or two, no matter the circumstances.

It’ll be fun to watch Hog football in two or three years, because they have the staff members to win, but that first year will be ugly!!

Yeah it will be, I hope Pittman gets to stay long enough to enjoy some success. But Saban isnt going to be there for ever and every grad transfer I ssf nt Joe Burrows. But I th think they take some whippings this year.

Yeah OP there is no doubt that the SEC focuses mostly on Kentucky and keeping it down. Your victim complex, even for this site, is admirable.

We play Auburn every year, Tenn plays Alabama - meanwhile you play Miss State lol. The SEC schedule has been great to Kentucky and will continue to be.

Miss State came to Athens in 2017 but are having to come back next year (the KY/Ala thing applies to everyone) - my guess though is that they dont have a fan crying about the SEC being out to get them.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
They should have at least made it a home game for UK. Here are obvious facts - we played Alabama 3 years ago - at Alabama. We played Ole Miss the last time here. It's the same weekend and the same travel distance for all schools - so why did they reverse the obvious? Simple - they don't want UK to beat Alabama this year!

Mac Jones playing Kentucky in Lexington - how do you think he would have done here versus how he will do at Bryant Denny in Alabama?

It really tells me that the SEC football power brokers know how dangerous this team can be. The last three years of UK games have not been flukes. We had some breaks - but in reality more bad than good - and yet we still have won 8 games or more 3 times. The program is now solid.

Go Big Blue!
Here’s the way I look at it. We’re going to lose to Alabama home or away, so might as well get Ole Miss at home and get a win. Although if fans are not allowed the home field will be much less an advantage than usual. What’s the word on that at UK? Of course right now we just have to get through this day with the B10 and PAC12 deciding to go forward with the season.

Im with you. I’d much rather play Bama away and Ole Miss at home. Bama is an L this year regardless where we play imo. Let’s worry about beating UF and UT at home first before we start talking about beating Bama at home.
This. Ole Miss is always a tossup....with Kiffin being new yet a proven commodity, Id rather get them here and improve our chances over the Rebs. Bama, lets be real. I really think we are going to give them a hell of a game. I do think its possible we could knock em off. South Carolina managed to with Spurrier when McElroy was QB. But it isnt rational to expect it when you look at what they do every year.

This. Ole Miss is always a tossup....with Kiffin being new yet a proven commodity, Id rather get them here and improve our chances over the Rebs. Bama, lets be real. I really think we are going to give them a hell of a game. I do think its possible we could knock em off. South Carolina managed to with Spurrier when McElroy was QB. But it isnt rational to expect it when you look at what they do every year.

OM had the best frosh QB in the conference last year. He is a bigtime centerfielder prospect and very fast. Not sure but I think they led the conference in rushing, plus a frosh back that was a top draft pic but chose football. They had no defense. Who knows what Kiffin will do, but he is a good offensive mind, and makes Petrino look like a choir boy. But him and Leach will liven up the interviews.

OM had the best frosh QB in the conference last year. He is a bigtime centerfielder prospect and very fast. Not sure but I think they led the conference in rushing, plus a frosh back that was a top draft pic but chose football. They had no defense. Who knows what Kiffin will do, but he is a good offensive mind, and makes Petrino look like a choir boy. But him and Leach will liven up the interviews.
Ole Miss still has a lot of work to do and holes to fill to not be "the worst team in the West not named Arkansas." We'll see what Kiffykins comes up with.

Ole Miss still has a lot of work to do and holes to fill to not be "the worst team in the West not named Arkansas." We'll see what Kiffykins comes up with.

Yes they are pretty bad, but have a few good players on offense, they have a decent chance to win 3 games, I believe they have Vandy, State and Arky. The state just doesn't have the population to support 3 FBS teams. Add to that out of state schools regularly pull the top talent away.

Very.well.said

Yeah OP there is no doubt that the SEC focuses mostly on Kentucky and keeping it down. Your victim complex, even for this site, is admirable.

We play Auburn every year, Tenn plays Alabama - meanwhile you play Miss State lol. The SEC schedule has been great to Kentucky and will continue to be.

Miss State came to Athens in 2017 but are having to come back next year (the KY/Ala thing applies to everyone) - my guess though is that they dont have a fan crying about the SEC being out to get them.

There you go guessing. I guarantee somebody is crying about playing Georgia. The Bulldogs already play Bama, Auburn, LSU, and A&M. They can talk AND whine about getting screwed by the new schedule. Can't blame em

Let's be real, though. Vandy can't play a 14+ game schedule to keep it even

They kept Bama and UF from playing, but I assume you are talking about u scca getting Arky and State. Their reasoning was to equalize the schedules, we did have Bama and AU scheduled from the start. If we had gone with the 21 and 22 rotation, we would have drawn Arkey and State. But we play 2 ranked West te as ms, the same 2 UK plays.

They definitely weren't concerned about evening anything out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT