ADVERTISEMENT

If people don’t leave on their own they’ll be ran off

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
Let’s see Rob is the only one who decides to go pro.

Then the roster would look like this (and this isn’t everyone).

Reed Shephard
DJ Wagner
Adou Thiero
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Zvonimir Isivic
Ugonna Onyenso
Jordan Burks
Jayden Quaintance
Boogie Fland
Somto Cyrus
Carter Knox
Billy Richmond
Travis Perry

This would never ever happen, but let’s say it did. Then you have No spots to add anyone in the portal, and are extremely young again.

Still not a recipe for success.

Players will leave for the NBA that have no business doing so. Guys will transfer out. Incoming recruits will decommit.

This is the situation that we are in if Cal comes back. I wouldn’t trust him for a deep run in March if he had 15 5 stars.

Reactions: oldfanofuk

Reed Shephard
DJ Wagner
Adou Thiero
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Zvonimir Isivic
Ugonna Onyenso
Jordan Burks
Jayden Quaintance
Boogie Fland
Somto Cyrus
Carter Knox
Billy Richmond
Travis Perry

This would never ever happen, but let’s say it did. Then you have No spots to add anyone in the portal, and are extremely young again.

Players will leave for the NBA that have no business doing so. Guys will transfer out. Incoming recruits will decommit.

This is the situation that we are in if Cal comes back. I wouldn’t trust him for a deep run in March if he had 15 5 stars.
Are u kidding? Because if Cal leaves..and all those players you just named will also leave out with him and follow him to his next Big powerhouse... such as UCLA.. which is just as a storied program as UK!

Reactions: NociHTTP
Are u kidding? Because if Cal leaves..and all those players you just named will also leave out with him and follow him to his next Big powerhouse... such as UCLA.. which is just as a storied program as UK!
Did you read my post? You’re saying the same thing as me.

Reed Shephard
DJ Wagner
Adou Thiero
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Zvonimir Isivic
Ugonna Onyenso
Jordan Burks
Jayden Quaintance
Boogie Fland
Somto Cyrus
Carter Knox
Billy Richmond
Travis Perry

Can only have 13 on scholarship.

Reed Shephard
DJ Wagner
Adou Thiero
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Zvonimir Isivic
Ugonna Onyenso
Jordan Burks
Jayden Quaintance
Boogie Fland
Somto Cyrus
Carter Knox
Billy Richmond
Travis Perry

What is the odds we lose one dude and Reeves? I’d say close to 0% chance.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Reed Shephard
DJ Wagner
Adou Thiero
Justin Edwards
Aaron Bradshaw
Zvonimir Isivic
Ugonna Onyenso
Jordan Burks
Jayden Quaintance
Boogie Fland
Somto Cyrus
Carter Knox
Billy Richmond
Travis Perry

I'd take this in a heartbeat...only problem JVC still can't coach

So ...he'll still be coaching them, right? Not a worry.

Cal retains players for more than 1 year all the time. Just in the past 4 years we have had the POY return, Toppin, Reeves, Quickly, Thiero, Wheeler, Brooks, Allen, Ware, Ugonna, and probably a few I’m not thinking of.

Let’s see this spun into more hate???

You two sound similar. I’ve been accused of being a moderator before which is definitely not true:,I got put in timeout for 24 hours this week and lost privileges posting in a thread that’s still open lol

It’s a part of being on here. I’m accused of being someone else every single day.. lol I’ve had 2-3 other accounts in the years past but I promise they are not active any longer and this is my only active account. I’m a real UK fan and have plenty of pics from games to prove it.. lol I’m not saying that you’re saying I’m not a fan but I get accused of being a troll almost every day. I can disprove that in 2 seconds.. lol

It takes me longer to reply to people because my account is still very restricted and I only get to reply to 1-2 people before it tells me that I have insufficient privileges to post. Then 30mins-1 hour later I can reply to 1-2 more people before it does the same thing.

Cal retains players for more than 1 year all the time. Just in the past 4 years we have had the POY return, Toppin, Reeves, Quickly, Thiero, Wheeler, Brooks, Allen, Ware, Ugonna, and probably a few I’m not thinking of.

Let’s see this spun into more hate???
Let that sink into your head. Cal had a consensus POY RETURN and win 1 game in the dance with that player in two seasons!!!! Say that 4 more times and realize too in the same time frame Cal won 1 SECT game. With a returning consensus poy. That’s unheard of and sums up Cals career nicely. Everything since cal is stealing and squatting on the job like Barney.

It’s a part of being on here. I’m accused of being someone else every single day.. lol I’ve had 2-3 other accounts in the years past but I promise they are not active any longer and this is my only active account. I’m a real UK fan and have plenty of pics from games to prove it.. lol I’m not saying that you’re saying I’m not a fan but I get accused of being a troll almost every day. I can disprove that in 2 seconds.. lol

It takes me longer to reply to people because my account is still very restricted and I only get to reply to 1-2 people before it tells me that I have insufficient privileges to post. Then 30mins-1 hour later I can reply to 1-2 more people before it does the same thing.
Honestly most people don’t believe there are still Calipari fans out there. So when people show up and are they get called trolls a lot. I didn’t realize how many people still backed Cal till a friend of mine yesterday showed me a Facebook group called Cals cats that was loaded with calipari fans

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Honestly most people don’t believe there are still Calipari fans out there. So when people show up and are they get called trolls a lot. I didn’t realize how many people still backed Cal till a friend of mine yesterday showed me a Facebook group called Cals cats that was loaded with calipari fans
Well I just joined that page and I have a lot of friends who like that page. Most of them don’t give a shat about cal or want a change. I mean kyle Macy likes the page and cam mills they aren’t the biggest cal fans especially Kyle. They probably joined that page when it was hot 10 years ago before cal alienated the entire fanbase. Also the posts on there is alot of criticism of cal on there.

To still back this guy for what he’s done here you have to be a a Cal fan only and not have any knowledge of basketball. They should change that Facebook group to Cal’s Superfans and take the Cats out of it!

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
To still back this guy for what he’s done here you have to be a a Cal fan only and not have any knowledge of basketball. They should change that Facebook group to Cal’s Superfans and take the Cats out of it!
I couldn’t believe it when I seen how many members were in it. That alone should stop people from saying coaches wouldn’t want this job. A portion of the fanbase will support the coach no matter what

Well I just joined that page and I have a lot of friends who like that page. Most of them don’t give a shat about cal or want a change. I mean kyle Macy likes the page and cam mills they aren’t the biggest cal fans especially Kyle. They probably joined that page when it was hot 10 years ago before cal alienated the entire fanbase. Also the posts on there is alot of criticism of cal on there.
Oh ok. I didn’t know that. When that friend of mine showed it to me on his phone he thought it was nothing but people that loved cal lol

It’s not that I completely back him anymore and would be open to hiring the right guy to replace Cal. I do know Cal is a good coach and isn’t gonna get us in trouble with violations. I think he knows he hasn’t lived up to expectations and he doesn’t want to leave us in the bad spot he has us in. I think he wants to leave the next guy set up for success and right now would be a bad spot for a new guy to come into. We aren’t like any other team in the country and coaching here is different. Cal knows that. Hopefully after this coming season, we have a better outlook on our future and life after Cal. I think Cal retires after this coming season and hopefully the next guy is left with a fair chance at success.

As for the Facebook groups, I think I left the same group you’re talking about because they were so pro Cal and I’m more pro Cal than most! 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT