ADVERTISEMENT

The forward positions next year suddenly look very promising.

Rotation probably looks something like this next season:

G Sheppard/Fland
G Fland/Perry
F Thiero/Richmond
F Quaintance/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

Still a good chance we get Knox, but I’m not counting on him just yet.

And a Jasper Johnson reclass is still possible.

Fingers crossed that Sheppard returns and Onyenso, Thiero, and Burks stick around. Those four are the key to next season.

Rotation probably looks something like this next season:

G Sheppard/Fland
G Fland/Perry
F Thiero/Richmond
F Quaintance/Burks
F Onyenso/Cyril

Still a good chance we get Knox, but I’m not counting on him just yet.

And a Jasper Johnson reclass is still possible.

Fingers crossed that Sheppard returns and Onyenso, Thiero, and Burks stick around. Those four are the key to next season.
Even with Sheppard, that's an 8 to 10 loss team at minimum.

Even with Sheppard, that's an 8 to 10 loss team at minimum.
With Cal coaching, definitely.

Add Johnson and Knox. That bumps the talent up a notch.

A portal guard would help as well. I might prefer that, but Cal covets Freshmen.

But it all starts with Shep. Without him, I don’t have any hope for next season being any better than the last several seasons..

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
What makes you think Sheppard is ready to go to NBA. Watch tape of TN game and you will see he needs another year
I mean, it's been talked about throughout this thread. There are people at CBS Sports, ESPN, Tankathon, SI, etc. who are CURRENTLY projecting him in the lottery. They watched the tape and still project him there. So that's what makes people think he's unlikely to come back. With his lack of size and this being a weak draft class, one could argue that he should bolt if he is promised to be picked anywhere in the first round.

So, on the one hand, you have people that believe he's gone based on projections, statements from NBA scouts, etc. And on the other hand you have people, like you, who say, "Just watch the tape like I did."

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
I mean, it's been talked about throughout this thread. There are people at CBS Sports, ESPN, Tankathon, SI, etc. who are CURRENTLY projecting him in the lottery. They watched the tape and still project him there. So that's what makes people think he's unlikely to come back. With his lack of size and this being a weak draft class, one could argue that he should bolt if he is promised to be picked anywhere in the first round.

So, on the one hand, you have people that believe he's gone based on projections, statements from NBA scouts, etc. And on the other hand you have people, like you, who say, "Just watch the tape like I did."
Reeds “tape” would be atrocious.

You could be right but if he goes it's G league city IMO.id bet money he will Nit be a lottery Pic after combine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT