ADVERTISEMENT

If Nick Plays Like He Did In The 2nd Half Against Florida

• Thread starter anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y
  • Start date
We've got several guys willing to step up into Hero roles this year. I like our chances.
tenor.gif

Nick straight up dominated the second half. Him hitting that jumper from 15 with a guy right on him was incredible.

Im expecting that shot to go in now. What an improvement.

On that note, does anyone know why EJ is allowed to take those 20-footers? Does it open things up elsewhere? I’d guess he’s shooting about 15% from that distance.

On that note, does anyone know why EJ is allowed to take those 20-footers? Does it open things up elsewhere? I’d guess he’s shooting about 15% from that distance.

he’s getting ready for the NBA

I mean how? They’re not going in lol.
You have to show you can hit that shot on a consistent basis. I get it, but for now, play to your training.

That shot is nothing but a turnover at this point. Cal tells him to shoot it, but as hard as it is for us to score, we have to get a better shot than that.

If the shot clock is down to 1 or 2, okay, let it fly, but otherwise, dribble in or pass it.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
He still had a 6’11” 300 lb Jason Jitobah and 6’10” backup Omar Payne to contend with but yeah, let’s not give Nick any credit. Smh
I love Nick, but it’s obvious that he has struggled recently when the defense has focused on him. Blackshear did a great job defending him. That’s all.

If the shot clock is down to 1 or 2, okay, let it fly, but otherwise, dribble in or pass it.
Nothing should help his confidence like coach saying “you only shoot if the clock is down to 1” haha

I love Nick, but it’s obvious that he has struggled recently when the defense has focused on him. Blackshear did a great job defending him. That’s all.
The defense was focused on him the 2nd half too. Do you think Mike White told his players to “back off” Nick in the 2nd half? As I stated he had 2 formidable centers guarding him after Blackshear went out.

Reactions: chroix
All of our guys are fighters. With the exception of the UT game (and the Evansville game) they’ve always looked hungry and mean.

Even in the Utah loss we played hard (we just couldn’t buy a bucket). Utah shot above 50% that game too.

In reality this team has two bad losses (effort wise): Evansville and UT. Those were games we watched and just saw our guys look out of it. The rest of them we just got outshot our out-reffed.

We’ve only lost 1 game since what was essentially, for all intents and purposes, January (I know Aub was technically Feb 1 but close enough).

UF played like crap down the stre th by that was due in large part to our D. And at this point in the season a win is a win.

We’re going to need everyone for sure but Nick and Ashton are our key players. If Quicklry gets hot, icing on the cake.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The defense was focused on him the 2nd half too. Do you think Mike White told his players to “back off” Nick in the 2nd half? As I stated he had 2 formidable centers guarding him after Blackshear went out.
Ok, hopefully he dominates the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Nothing should help his confidence like coach saying “you only shoot if the clock is down to 1” haha
I get that, but he has to know he doesn't have that shot in his game by now.
I can't dunk, so I know better than to try, fail, try, fail, try, fail, try… ..you get the point.

I'm sure EJ is in the gym working on that shot, but I think we can all agree that it would be best if he didn't shoot very many of those from here on out.

He'll probably hit the next 12 he takes now that I said that and make me eat crow, but I would be fine with that.

Reactions: bcox13
Something sure sparked fight in them after 2 dismal halfs.
Lets hope they will fight for the entire game here on out.

I think that Montgomery can hit that shot, but he is often too far out for it. If he is closer to the free throw line at around 15 feet then it is a good shot, but he sometimes drifts back a bit too far and takes the shot and he just doesn't have that range down yet. He is even better on the baseline, about where Nick hit his. That is really hit shot.

Would love to see him start to hit those consistently and force his man to come out on him and give EJ a chance at a one dribble drive. If that opens up then you have Nick's man beginning to pay more attention to EJ, which will open up the lob to Nick when he gets forgotten. Then your two big men are going to be extremely hard to stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT