ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Game Review (In-Person)

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Wow what a game... it was my 2nd away game this year the Louisville game was the other. Definitely was a road atmosphere and Florida was giving out free orange Gator shirts... I got two of them lol.

Atmosphere was unreal the Florida fans really showed out... It got really loud and our freshman did seem effected towards the end of the first half. I would say it was 80/20 split.. UK definitely got in and we did have a few Go Big Blue chants fill the arena. This was my first time at UF and wasn't too impressed with the stadium... seemed really small and limited food options. I got to sit next to around 10 UK fans in my section which was nice.

What can you say about Reed Shepherd the kid knows basketball... he missed two free throws earlier in the game and had the confidence down the stretch to seal the deal. I was also uber impressed that he had the ability to play keep away and run 15-20 seconds off the clock. Florida was trying to get him to pass the ball he said no way I'm taking the shots!

Bradshaw - I know every single one of you said "what the hell" when he released that 3 ball. Huge moving forward if that is in his arsenal.

Wagner - is what I envisioned at the beginning of the season. He attacked the basket and had a huge and 1 to begin the 2nd half... that start of the 2nd half really gave UK momentum to keep the game close when I thought UF was pulling away.

Thiero - Miss his toughness... get well kid.

Dilly - seemed like he was missing this game... 6 points and 4 turnovers. Not his best performance

Edwards - outside if his dunk to begin the game... he's still the missing piece that needs to be awaken.

Tre - Mr.Consistant not sure where we'd be without him.

Nice write-up, thanks for the eyewitness report!

Agree on all your comments, and was just thinking the same thing about JE. Maybe a switch will flip with him, but I'm not sure he has that edge he needs to get to the next level. IDK, maybe it won't happen till he gets to the NBA, but here's to hoping.

I kinda liked the O-Dome if they still call it that but didn't try the food and it's been a while. Good views of the court from the upper deck where I sat a couple times. It's smaller than Georgia's arena I think or feels more intimate at least.

Yeah, nice post.

O-dome had been sold out for over a week, nearly 2 weeks. And they were live and wired. They were very loud, especially in the first half. They tried to will the Gators to a win but fell short of that.

I agree on Sheppard. He's just solid, so smart, and always seems to make the right play. I agree our young team look rattled in the first half, especially at the end of the half when Florida made their run. The fact that the team was down by 11 in the first half and were playing their first true road game says volumes about these guys. They are driven to win and they are talented. This was a big win. You don't want to open SEC play with a loss. Florida is a tough out in Gainesville.

Dillingham struggled in the first half for sure. I thought he was forcing things too much, trying to score one on one, trying to make the spectacular play against a tough defense. He was better in the 2nd. He was entitled to have an off game though. And Wagner picked a great game to play one of his best on the season.

I also thought, the team wasn't sharing the ball as much as they normally do. Only 6 assists today, which is a season low. Florida's defense had something to do with it, but we played into their strategy by going one on one way to much.

Bradshaw's 3 at the end was the shot of the game. I didn't want him to shoot it but was so glad when it went in. That was a HUGE shot! It was looking for a while that we weren't gonna be able to get over the hump but that shot gave the team a chance to breathe.

I was irritated with the fouls at the end. I thought Sheppard's block was clean but he shouldn't have even been trying to block it there. The other 2 fouls irritated me too. You can't be dumb in those moments. It will get you beat. Fortunately, we hit enough free throws to win it.

Wow what a game... it was my 2nd away game this year the Louisville game was the other. Definitely was a road atmosphere and Florida was giving out free orange Gator shirts... I got two of them lol.

Atmosphere was unreal the Florida fans really showed out... It got really loud and our freshman did seem effected towards the end of the first half. I would say it was 80/20 split.. UK definitely got in and we did have a few Go Big Blue chants fill the arena. This was my first time at UF and wasn't too impressed with the stadium... seemed really small and limited food options. I got to sit next to around 10 UK fans in my section which was nice.

What can you say about Reed Shepherd the kid knows basketball... he missed two free throws earlier in the game and had the confidence down the stretch to seal the deal. I was also uber impressed that he had the ability to play keep away and run 15-20 seconds off the clock. Florida was trying to get him to pass the ball he said no way I'm taking the shots!

Bradshaw - I know every single one of you said "what the hell" when he released that 3 ball. Huge moving forward if that is in his arsenal.

Wagner - is what I envisioned at the beginning of the season. He attacked the basket and had a huge and 1 to begin the 2nd half... that start of the 2nd half really gave UK momentum to keep the game close when I thought UF was pulling away.

Thiero - Miss his toughness... get well kid.

Dilly - seemed like he was missing this game... 6 points and 4 turnovers. Not his best performance

Edwards - outside if his dunk to begin the game... he's still the missing piece that needs to be awaken.

Tre - Mr.Consistant not sure where we'd be without him.
Thanks for the review and representing in person! Could definitely hear the "Go Big Blue!" chant toward the end of the game on TV. That was so awesome to hear!

Question, did Cal’s Jacket look one size too small? It looks like it on TV but I have heard it makes you look bigger, maybe not the jacket!

Looked fine... but I'll admit I wasn't eyeballing him too hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT