ADVERTISEMENT

If Hurley was coaching this UK roster, where would the media rank them?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
I've seen most preseason polls with UConn in the top 5, and quite a few even have them in the top 3. Looking at their roster, I see one potential lottery pick (McNeeley) and one other first-round pick in Karaban.

UK, meanwhile, is deeper and has at least four players who project as future NBA players (Robinson, Chandler, Garrison, Oweh).

Does Hurley get a bump just because they're coming off of back-to-back titles? Is he respected that much that a team with good but not great talent is a preseason top 3 team?

Additionally, where would they have ranked this current UK roster if Hurley was coaching? I'd say they'd probably put UK in the top 7 or so.

Once again, what good does that get you? Pre-season champions every year.

I've seen most preseason polls with UConn in the top 5, and quite a few even have them in the top 3. Looking at their roster, I see one potential lottery pick (McNeeley) and one other first-round pick in Karaban.

UK, meanwhile, is deeper and has at least four players who project as future NBA players (Robinson, Chandler, Garrison, Oweh).

Does Hurley get a bump just because they're coming off of back-to-back titles? Is he respected that much that a team with good but not great talent is a preseason top 3 team?

Additionally, where would they have ranked this current UK roster if Hurley was coaching? I'd say they'd probably put UK in the top 7 or so.
Who cares about Pre-season Champs

You're talking about 2 first rounders (1 lottery pick) like they're chopped liver. We don't have any player projected in the first round. What do you expect? Do we even have a player expected to be drafted at all right now?

It doesn't mean it won't change by the end of the season, but this is where we stand today.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Put UK in that minor league conference that UConn is in and we win 30 games
Playing in that minor league conference (which it surely isn't) hasn't hurt them winning two titles in a row. Don't understand your logic on this one. That's a very good conference they're in.

Reactions: Mozzie
Playing in that minor league conference (which it surely isn't) hasn't hurt them winning two titles in a row. Don't understand your logic on this one. That's a very good conference they're in.
11 schools in that conference
2 are very good
4 are mediocre
5 are terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT