POLITICAL THREAD

How will they rule ??!

• YES - Qualified

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • NO - Disqualified

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then you get to be the one to pay for all the children dumped onto the state. We don't make laws to make God happy. We make laws that the American people want.
GTcjF-jWIAAlkTK

It'll be interesting how @DreadLox and the like can square supporting Andy. He's a trust fund baby and has has a nepotism career. His first job was right in to his dad's law office.

I thought this was the kind of thing they claimed they hated.
Everybody is somebody's child. (My first job -- 13 -- was in my father's office, btw.) Andy wasn't given the governor's post: he won 2 elections. 2 elections long after the state's attachment to the Democratic Party had evaporated.

I've met the man. (3 times. He's never registered that we've met, but that's on me. Most people don't remember that we've met.) As a man, he's fine when most political types I've met give me hives. His response to armed COVID-protestors on the governor's porch -- amazing. Tell me a politico in our modern climate who wouldn't have had the state police shoot them to flinders.

Andy seems to be a favorite amongst Dems now.

You do realize they used our podunk state to test cheating right? He wasn’t even elected as a governor his first term.

Then again a lot of people mail in to a place like Kentucky and Jefferson county is the perfect place to find the votes.
I love your threshold for evidence: repetititon.

Tell me a politico in our modern climate who wouldn't have had the state police shoot them to flinders.
Nearly all of them?? I’m sure Whitmer and a few other of your authoritarian hero’s woulda shot em but no sane politician would

You seem upset Andy showed restraint, despite the fact everyone knows the lockdowns and his approach to Covid was completely unnecessary.

Andy seems to be a favorite amongst Dems now.

You do realize they used our podunk state to test cheating right? He wasn’t even elected as a governor his first term.

Then again a lot of people mail in to a place like Kentucky and Jefferson county is the perfect place to find the votes.

C'mon now. I didn't vote for Beshear in 2019 but the reason Bevin lost that race is he said he'd put tolls on the Brent Spence bridge, which lost him Northern KY, which had always been a GOP stronghold.

GOP lost the governors race last year because they let Trump pick Cameron when Quarles was a better general election candidate. It was frustrating to see that happen.

Just don't like how this election seems to be to be trending. Even with Trump doing a awful convention speech I never thought battle states would be this close. I get most here seem to think the pills mean nothing and Trump cruises but I think this ends a dog fight in an election that should be a walk.

I don't they think folks really realize this is biggest election in at least a 100 years likely more that that. I hope folks realize this sooner than later or 2025 thru 2029. Is gonna be rough times.

This is a new one on me. Please elaborate. I love new election cheating fantasies.
Would it really do any good for him to elaborate? If my memory is correct, years ago you posted about working at your local precinct elections. I guess since you profess that you never witnessed any shenanigans at your NKY precinct, everyone should ignore all of the individuals who witnessed outright fraud in a handful of cities that swayed a national election.
You STILL believe the shots you took were a vaccine correct?

Unaware if this has already been discussed. This is extremely upsetting considering our border situation.

If you look at the numbers of military aged men... There are as many illegals as there are native born Irish. Conor Mcgregor has been talking some shit and the IRA has been making a comeback. The Irish may not go down without a fight but it's going to be a fight.

Everybody is somebody's child. (My first job -- 13 -- was in my father's office, btw.) Andy wasn't given the governor's post: he won 2 elections. 2 elections long after the state's attachment to the Democratic Party had evaporated.

I've met the man. (3 times. He's never registered that we've met, but that's on me. Most people don't remember that we've met.) As a man, he's fine when most political types I've met give me hives. His response to armed COVID-protestors on the governor's porch -- amazing. Tell me a politico in our modern climate who wouldn't have had the state police shoot them to flinders.
May have considered it since he used the State police as his covid gestapo.
AB=Tyrant

Last edited:

So much of our news and history are bunk. The praise of Bob Woodward being one. I never knew Gerald Ford was on the Warren Commission and how he was forced as the VP on Nixon in the second term.

The intel agencies were and are just out of control.
Yea. Wasn't Woodward naval intelligence and had just gone into journalism like 1 year before getting Nixon axed? Been a few years since I read about it but the see eye eh definitely wanted Nixon out and there were see eye eh and other intel people all over that case.

Reactions: berniecarbo
Yes, based on history, if Trump is tied/leading/or within 3 to 4 points in the National average it is probably good news for him.

He consistently outperforms his polling numbers (for reasons that pollsters can't explain)

If I were Kamala, I'd worry a little, if I wasn't up 5 plus, heading into the election.
All they need is the appearance that the race is tight in order to pull off the steal without it looking blatantly obvious.

He said what I said. That's the context. I don't think you understand it, and that's scary because that means a lot of narrow-minded on the right will shrug it off.
You didn’t quote the whole quote, and you CERTAINLY don’t know what it meant.

This kind of dishonesty is why you and your friends have no credibility.

C'mon now. I didn't vote for Beshear in 2019 but the reason Bevin lost that race is he said he'd put tolls on the Brent Spence bridge, which lost him Northern KY, which had always been a GOP stronghold.

2019_Kentucky_gubernatorial_election_results_map_by_county.svg

^Are two counties northern Kentucky now? That dark blue stain midstate on the Ohio outvoted Mitch's boy by 87740. Bevin lost statewide by 5136.

GOP lost the governors race last year because they let Trump pick Cameron when Quarles was a better general election candidate. It was frustrating to see that happen.

Cameron has been a Mitch pick since Cameron was a teenager.

Cameron was awarded a scholarship sponsored by Senator Mitch McConnell to attend the University of Louisville, at which point he met McConnell for the first time
Cameron was a law clerk for Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky for two years, from 2011 to 2013.
From 2015 to 2017, Cameron served as legal counsel to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, for whom Tatenhove himself had previously worked.

Reactions: JRCAT14 and WTF Cat

Dems got drunk on “emergency” authoritative power during Covid and wonder why people protested and wanted to come after them. Andy was no different sending state police to write down license plate numbers of church goers, can’t visit grandma in a nursing home, etc. Shows how far we’ve slid that so many still find what these people did to the masses “acceptable.”

1721868522860.png

From an Axios poll July 22-24 of 18-34s after Biden pulled out. Harris has a chance to get back basically all the anti-Genocide Joe vote just like I said. Those are similar margins to what Biden got with the age group in 2020.
Does the data break down how many of those polled were closer to age 18 vs age 34? Numbers can be skewed simply by weighting that stat alone.

Reactions: SDC888

^Are two counties northern Kentucky now? That dark blue stain midstate on the Ohio outvoted Mitch's boy by 87740. Bevin lost statewide by 5136.

Cameron was awarded a scholarship sponsored by Senator Mitch McConnell to attend the University of Louisville, at which point he met McConnell for the first time
Cameron was a law clerk for Judge Gregory F. Van Tatenhove of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky for two years, from 2011 to 2013.
From 2015 to 2017, Cameron served as legal counsel to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, for whom Tatenhove himself had previously worked.
Mitch has very little support here in NKy. As a member of the Campbell County Republican Party, we voted to censure Mitch a few months ago. Literally no one I know supports him... Republican or Democrat.

Short sighted pick though, I think. He had 3 other people that would have gotten him more votes. Did they just not want to be on the ticket?
Or very long term thinking.... It was a life insurance policy. If he picked a RINO to be veep they would have killed him or impeached him the first week. JD is anti war and wants to bring back jobs. For some reason those 2 things are like garlic to a vampire to deep state DC people.

If you want to see cheating in an election , those ballot drop boxes in Democrat run cities is all the evidence you need. It’s like having a 24/7 polling place wide open with no one working where you can stop in any time and cast votes as many times as you want. Those video of people stuffing them multiple times did nothing to get a court case going.
If they allow them, they should only be open for dropping off line 7 am- 7 pm . They should be strictly watched, video taped and everyone should have to check in before dropping off their ONE ballot ONCE. You want to drop family member ballots off then it needs to be registered and documented. Completely unethical to even allow any of them without oversight.
If you can make it to a drop box. You can make it to a polling place.

He’s the first person I’ve seen claim Cameron was Trump’s guy, and I’ve never met a single person in NKY that cared about tolls on the Brent Spence.

Teachers and Lex/Lous libs crushed Bevin and Cameron was Mitch’s heir apparent (and was always a terrible candidate).

I left out the Dims plans becasue they are appallingly worse. But this shows (again) that Trump is no conservative. And MAGA doesn't GAS.

"The economic platforms of both presidential candidates are littered with antigrowth proposals. .... Donald Trump is proposing to hold the line on spending and current tax policy but would raise tariffs and pursue an economically destructive immigration policy. ......

Tariffs are fees charged on goods imported by U.S. companies. These increased costs typically result in higher prices for consumers. The hope is that the increase in the relative costs of imports compared with goods produced domestically will lead to a shift toward domestically produced goods. But the benefits of any shift are more than offset by inefficiencies, the higher costs to domestic consumers, and the foreign retaliation that usually occurs. ..... I

in 2018 Mr. Trump imposed tariffs of 25% on steel imports and 10% on aluminum imports, declaring, “Trade wars are good and easy to win.” China retaliated in various ways and Mr. Trump’s promise that manufacturing jobs would suddenly flood back to the U.S. proved worthless.
Global trade and production declined and U.S. manufacturing jobs flattened.

Tariffs violate the simple but sound law of comparative advantage. It may be wise to ban trade in sensitive goods related to national security, but Mr. Trump’s fear of bilateral trade deficits with foreign partners is simply economic nonsense.....

Meanwhile, both candidates have pledged not to touch the benefits and structures of Social Security and Medicare. These are the primary sources of large deficits and mounting government debt. Promising to leave these programs alone may be good short-run politics, but it’s irresponsibly bad economics.

I’ve prepared side-by-side comparisons of presidential candidates’ economic platforms since 1992. A review of these comparisons makes two things obvious. First, the Democratic Party has moved decidedly leftward. ......
Second, while Mr. Trump’s tax and spending platform is standard GOP stuff (i.e., Rino stuff. LOL.), his proposals on tariffs and immigration move the party away from its traditional embrace of free enterprise. His mass-deportation plan is impractical and antithetical to economic growth in a nation whose population is aging.

What does America do when we have no more jobs to send overseas?
What is destructive about deporting illegal immigrants?
We will have cuts to regulations that make building stuff here more competitive and leaving that out of economic analysis is like telling us that you favor foreign governments in trade.

Reactions: warrior-cat
It's not hard, but I'll further detail for the hard of understanding. He chose the Trumpiest VP candidate possible & MAGA eats it up - purity of thought alignment between the entire ticket & MAGA. The rest of the country appears to like him not so much - like it's not all that keen on Trump. NET, the margin likely to be closer than it needs to be & possibly even bad due to not broadening the appeal to those not so Trumpian. And if it's bad, it won't be due to cheating. It's right here.
so the media tells you that people hate Vance so you just eat that up... Do you honestly not know that the media is going to say America hates anyone he picked as VP? Haley would have cost him votes and that's why the media wanted to push her so bad. If don't realize that then I don't know what you've been paying attention to for the last 117 years.

Does the data break down how many of those polled were closer to age 18 vs age 34? Numbers can be skewed simply by weighting that stat alone.
Exactly! Most polls are truly worthless as they are taken and/or published by entities that use them as propaganda. How many people look into the details of a poll even if the information is included in the fine print.

Saw one the other day that was being used to imply that Kamala had narrowed the gap a little bit. It consisted of something like 1100 likely voters that consisted of something like 560 democrat, 370 Republican and the rest independent voters. Yeah that really legitimized their headline. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior-cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT