ADVERTISEMENT

If Hurley was coaching this UK roster, where would the media rank them?

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
I've seen most preseason polls with UConn in the top 5, and quite a few even have them in the top 3. Looking at their roster, I see one potential lottery pick (McNeeley) and one other first-round pick in Karaban.

UK, meanwhile, is deeper and has at least four players who project as future NBA players (Robinson, Chandler, Garrison, Oweh).

Does Hurley get a bump just because they're coming off of back-to-back titles? Is he respected that much that a team with good but not great talent is a preseason top 3 team?

Additionally, where would they have ranked this current UK roster if Hurley was coaching? I'd say they'd probably put UK in the top 7 or so.

Once again, what good does that get you? Pre-season champions every year.

I've seen most preseason polls with UConn in the top 5, and quite a few even have them in the top 3. Looking at their roster, I see one potential lottery pick (McNeeley) and one other first-round pick in Karaban.

UK, meanwhile, is deeper and has at least four players who project as future NBA players (Robinson, Chandler, Garrison, Oweh).

Does Hurley get a bump just because they're coming off of back-to-back titles? Is he respected that much that a team with good but not great talent is a preseason top 3 team?

Additionally, where would they have ranked this current UK roster if Hurley was coaching? I'd say they'd probably put UK in the top 7 or so.
Who cares about Pre-season Champs

You're talking about 2 first rounders (1 lottery pick) like they're chopped liver. We don't have any player projected in the first round. What do you expect? Do we even have a player expected to be drafted at all right now?

It doesn't mean it won't change by the end of the season, but this is where we stand today.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT