I think there is one more twist to come with ZW

Discussion in 'Rupp Rafters - Basketball Forum' started by Wildcats1st, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:27 AM.

1. theGspot

theGspot Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Aww, thank you! I take that as a huge compliment actually.

2. LexCatnOhio

LexCatnOhio Blue Chip Prospect
    Expand Collapse

I’ve felt like his smokescreen was UK and Clemson for a while. At 1st he seemed solid to UK with the the ties to Quickley (and he still may). However I think he’s going to “Shock the world” by going to South Carolina. Kansas wouldn’t be a huge shocker to me either. Direct quote from Wiggins recruitment with the same result. And with all the adidas money talk it would make sense.

3. no_neutrality

no_neutrality Senior
    Expand Collapse

Don't think game day at Rupp was known when the announcement day was announced.

FrankUnderwood likes this.
  4. FrankUnderwood

Expand Collapse

Oh no nerve struck man. :) You tried to say that yesterday. It’s a message board bro... we discuss ... we reply to one another ya know ?
    Like when you said yesterday that you “struck a nerve” because we replied to you?? Lol so if we continue to have a discussion then... we’re mad? A nerve has been struck? Cmon man, I’d like to think you know better than that.

Personally ? I think when you get backed into a corner and start to feel inferior/ proven wrong you project onto those around you as being “mad” or “upset “ which is very silly.

If you reply to this ... does that mean you’re angry and a nerve has been struck? :pimp:[winking]

Tell us again how many times you’ve been to John Caliparis house ? :100points:[laughing]

First name basis with Cal, super close to Zion and his family ? Inside information with boosters and recruits ? Cmon man you don’t really expect anyone to believe you right ... [​IMG]

NothinButNylon likes this.
  5. Dirt Court King

Expand Collapse

6. theGspot

theGspot Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You did just write an entire post to send how mad you aren’t, but okay.... not to mention with a Gif included. That seems like a bit of work for someone not really bothered.

I’ve been a few times, 4 - 5, but where did I mention I was on a first name basis with him or knew any boosters. Or where did I say I knew Zion or his family personally or had inside booster info. I would love to see if you could quote those pose that I said these things. However, since we both know you’ve made them up you won’t be able to.

Again, I said I knew a few people in athletics at UK. Most on football and a couple in basketball. Most anyone from Lexington would. It’s not that big of a place or that hard to meet people. UK athletics employees a lot of people. Not sure it’s that hard to believe I might know a few, unless of course you prefer not to, which is fine as well.

You do realize Zion’s parents aren’t sheltered people, right. They likely have a lot of friends who themselves have friends. Again, believe as you will, but to act as if it’s impossible anyone could possibly somehow be connected to them is sheer ignorance.

However, please continue your rant about not being upset or offended. It’s rather entertaining

7. morgousky

morgousky All-American
    Expand Collapse

Meh, I'd rather be a part of real history at a real program known for something other than Saturdays. Kentucky is a smarter choice for multiple reasons. Some of these guys simply don't understand that.

FrankUnderwood likes this.
  8. morgousky

morgousky All-American
    Expand Collapse

Ummm Clemson is a shity program. Haven't made the tournament in 7 years, last time they advanced past the second round was 1997, and they've won the ACC once, 1939.

RipThru and FrankUnderwood like this.
  9. FrankUnderwood

Expand Collapse

But the Clemson’s are ranked ahead of us this year! Which obviously means they’re super relevant

CarolinaCatsFan and morgousky like this.
  10. TheBigBlueSpectacle

Expand Collapse

They are shit historically but they are at least doing a little something right today.

If you’re 17 and it’s close to home, many times that’s all that matters

FrankUnderwood and morgousky like this.
  11. FrankUnderwood

Expand Collapse

Perhaps. But they’re non sucking in basketball is more of a flash in the pan imo. If they get Zion they’ll be pretty good next year (possibly) I suppose but it’s fleeting and nowhere near UK, Duke, UNC, KU etc ... However I did agree with you in regards to resident so called “insiders” here on RR. Especially the one commenting ever so briskly in this thread (he’s been to Cal’s home several times ya know ;) )

TheBigBlueSpectacle likes this.
  12. TheBigBlueSpectacle

Expand Collapse

Have him find out if JV will play today

13. Dablueman

Dablueman Junior
    Expand Collapse

Hey man! So I have watched you speak in absolutes like you know, which you might. That you had been to Cals 4 or 5 times (how cool you so badass as a fan that you can't recall if it's 4 or 5 man I could tell ya how many times and how many min if it been me) then i saw you post that you had no real insight and you didn't say you actually knew Cal by first name basis. So which is it? Did you just piece this together through your superior intellect over us mouth breathers, or do you actually have inside info? Just curious? Also what was your original take on JV I thought I recall you speaking in absolutes about him never playing or he wouldn't be that good or something I can't remember if not u my bad.

14. Dirk2Bowie

Dirk2Bowie Blue Chip Prospect
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to puke if it' Puke. That would shock the world too, imo.

15. RipThru

RipThru Blue Chip Prospect
    Expand Collapse

That all very well may be true, but you didn’t start replying to this thread to “keep people from getting their hopes up”. You did it in a “look at me manner” and talked down to most posters. All because you “know somebody that knows somebody”.

16. RipThru

Expand Collapse

A contender? For what? They won’t even win the ACC.

17. Dablueman

Dablueman Junior
    Expand Collapse

Watching Zion he plays like and is described as a team first player loves to get his teammates involved. Hmm? Doesn't match the whole wants the ball in his hands so go to the local school description. Just got a feeling here We have been to see him play since the Gspot said we backed off cause we knew we didn't have him. I have followed recruiting for 35 years man there is nothing about Zion Williamson recruitment that tells me the people who have hope are being dumb as u implied. Does it look good? Nope but I remember when we knew Young was going to Ok. Cal hasn't been acting like that in fact he is acting like he knows we may have him.

18. the stat man

the stat man Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I would say the only way he got into Cals house is if he is a pizza delivery boy , and has dropped of pizza or two lol !!!

19. Bluvelvet

Expand Collapse

Clemson is not in Columbia so why would the mayor care? I would expect someone so well connected to Clemson to know where it is.

179 Bluvelvet, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:18 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:41 AM
    CarolinaCatsFan and RipThru like this.
  20. Midway Cat

Midway Cat All-American
    Expand Collapse

[laughing]

This guy has trolled the living ish out of so many people in this thread. Anyone who actually buys into what he's selling deserves what they get.

RipThru and TheGspots like this.
  21. Wildcats1st

Wildcats1st Blue Chip Prospect
    Expand Collapse

I Still think there’s another turn in this thing. Too evident to be clemson for a guy who wants to “shock the world”.

22. thepip

thepip Junior
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

TheGspots likes this.
  23. Blue Decade

Blue Decade All-SEC
    Expand Collapse

That sounds pessimistic, but it isn't the main story. You are leaving out the most important part. Coach Calipari currently has 11 scholarship players, plus 3 new signees (Quickley, Johnson, Herro). 11 + 3 = 14. The NCAA allows 13 scholarship basketball players at a time. So, just to take the players already committed to next year's team, Calipari needs at least 1 current UK player to leave. If Calipari were to take Zion Williamson or Moses Brown, he would need 2 current players to leave. Currently, Calipari doesn't know who will leave after this season, and can't be sure anyone except perhaps Diallo will go. Nick Richards' slow development means he probably needs to come back for his sophomore season. This is the real reason Brown doesn't have a UK scholarship offer. And it is why Calipari can't even be 100% sure he has room for Zion.

LineSkiCat14 likes this.
  24. Ocornett

Ocornett Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Don’t understand why ZW had visits from all the coaches if he has already mad his choice. ZW could have told them via a phone call. Think this means your full of BS. Stay off a site meant for men little boy. I’m glad school will start back Monday that should keep you busy and you want have time to post BS stuff on our board.

25. RipThru

Expand Collapse

Zion is going to the Clemson satellite campus in Columbia! . I heard it from a well connected dude who goes to Caliparis house a lot. (Shhhhh....@theGspot).

26. LineSkiCat14

LineSkiCat14 All-SEC
    Expand Collapse

Good points. That's why I was hoping Zion would wait longer. I'm sure 2 or 3 guys will leave, but who knows at this point.

27. bucsrule8872

bucsrule8872 All-American
    Expand Collapse

I respectfully disagree with this part of your statement.

Cal said he would sign one, maybe two more guys. So, he knows for the most part how many will be back. He talks with these guys throughout the season, he talks to NBA scouts, he has a good idea which ones are going and which ones are staying. He isn't usually surprised like the fans when someone leaves for the pros.

Last year, he said we would sign 8 or 9. We signed 8 and lost 8.

Like you said, he won't oversign, in fact, he rarely has more than 11 scholarship players each year.

Most likely, if he signs 4 or 5 (the three this past Fall, plus two in the spring) as he said he would, then he probably expects to lose 4 or 5.

Not sure which 4 or 5, though.

I think you are spot on about the Richards/Brown situation.