ADVERTISEMENT

I think there is one more twist to come with ZW

Because a very large percentage of our fan-base are mouth breathing morons that believe whatever they want regardless and they just make shit up to try and rationalize it. Frankly it's become embarrassing to all UK fans.

That’s just a lie. Please don’t use this message board as indicative to a very large portion of our fan base.

I personally don't think Zion comes to UK. But let me give a long shot hypothetical. What if this was all a power play move orchestrated by Cal & Zion. What if they quietly have planned for him to announce on college gameday? To purposely put out smoke screens of leaking out Clemson as the pick. It doesn't seem so far fetched to think Cal would use this to re-energize his recruiting that in a national perspective has taken a slight "step back".

He's all about using the biggest of stages to put UK and its players out front. He hasn't done anything like that in a while , nor has he has a player have a prime time announcement in a while either. You have to consider Zion being an internet sensation and a basketball superstar, something Cal hasn't had since Wall.

After losing head to head battles with duke lately and other no name schools. Is it really that unfathomable to think that he and Zion would use this as a moment to promoteZion & UK back on the national stage and minds of recruits? We all witnessed what having an internet superstar does for recruiting following Wall. To remind players of the place they need to be for the best development and exposure.

Again I don't think he comes here, but it wouldn't be a stretch to think it's time for Cal to make a big splash and re-emerge as the top recruiter.

Reactions: RipThru
I will be happy if we get Zion I will be ecstatic but if he goes to somewhere else besides Kansas, Duke or UNC I am fine too. We were the greatest collegiate basketball before Zion and we will still be the greatest after him.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I still wonder in all these rumors, if one top guy switches and if everyone else just follows.

Did 5 CB picks all hear information? Or did 1 hear information and the other 5 just followed the trend?

Reactions: ashbergh
I personally don't think Zion comes to UK. But let me give a long shot hypothetical. What if this was all a power play move orchestrated by Cal & Zion. What if they quietly have planned for him to announce on college gameday? To purposely put out smoke screens of leaking out Clemson as the pick. It doesn't seem so far fetched to think Cal would use this to re-energize his recruiting that in a national perspective has taken a slight "step back".

He's all about using the biggest of stages to put UK and its players out front. He hasn't done anything like that in a while , nor has he has a player have a prime time announcement in a while either. You have to consider Zion being an internet sensation and a basketball superstar, something Cal hasn't had since Wall.

After losing head to head battles with duke lately and other no name schools. Is it really that unfathomable to think that he and Zion would use this as a moment to promoteZion & UK back on the national stage and minds of recruits? We all witnessed what having an internet superstar does for recruiting following Wall. To remind players of the place they need to be for the best development and exposure.

Again I don't think he comes here, but it wouldn't be a stretch to think it's time for Cal to make a big splash and re-emerge as the top recruiter.

Can't be true, because @theGspot is "connected" and said there was NO chance! [roll]

A few thoughts

1. Another analyst flipped his pick to clemson today. UK now at 5%. UNC and unknown at 5% rest on clemson

2. Why would cal and the staff feel very good up until a week ago when MJ posted his tweet? Surely they have been in contact all along not assuming anything?? Right?? It doesn’t make sense they would be blindsided by this.

3. Did cal possibly back off due to the Vanderbilt issue and not want another potential injury case next year with a guy we will have to count on??

The entire staff feels he’s uk until a week ago, potential lack of contact, no recorded visits by the staff as clemson gains traction, Zion’s comment about who cares about him, etc is sketchy. Maybe a reason cal hasn’t been in firm contact with zion visiting him, etc.

Am I the only one that don’t give a shit? These kids love the attention they get from fans and the media and they play you like a fiddle. ZW will go where ever and uk will be fine no matter where he goes. Worrying about what an 18 year old will do is not worth my time.

Well said !

Columbia, SC mayor announces January 20th as Zion Williamson day and we still have some people who think no one knows what Zion is doing. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Can't make this shit up.

Columbia, SC mayor announces January 20th as Zion Williamson day and we still have some people who think no one knows what Zion is doing. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Can't make this shit up.

Dude , we get it. Zion is 99% sure headed to Clemson. There’s a small handful of people who only said that YOU didn’t know for SURE (fact) as you don’t really have any more connections than anyone else. I believe that was the whole argument.

You seem obsessed with what people think about you though, and obsessed with making sure people know Zion isn’t ours? The entire tone of the board the last couple of weeks has been one of realizing that Zion most likely will not be attending UK.

You’re acting as if several people on here are convinced that it’s still a 50/50 race or something

Dude , we get it. Zion is 99% sure headed to Clemson. There’s a small handful of people who only said that YOU didn’t know for SURE (fact) as you don’t really have any more connections than anyone else. I believe that was the whole argument.

You seem obsessed with what people think about you though, and obsessed with making sure people know Zion isn’t ours? The entire tone of the board the last couple of weeks has been one of realizing that Zion most likely will not be attending UK.

You’re acting as if several people on here are convinced that it’s still a 50/50 race or something
They're are plenty who are acting like we are still in it and no decision has been made. Hell, yesterday alone a thread was started over some fake tweet that now has over 10 pages. Granted a lot of them are joking, but there are legit people who still think we are getting him. It's comical.

There are a lot of people who assume, I, nor anyone else could possibly know and that we are just guessing. This is based on the ignorant logic that if they don't know or have ways of finding out then no one else does either. Pretty ignorant really considering it's been known in some circles for several weeks and much evidence supports that. Some people just can't handle what they don't want to hear.

If my post bother you, by all means use the block button. Believe me, it won't hurt my feelings.

We go through this every year. I don't like the "Shock the world" comment. How many times have we seen that same statement? Well for me going to Clemson would be a shock when you have a chance to go to Kentucky. Really, want to compare the two programs, the facilities, the support, the meaning, the history, the professionals and media who visit constantly, etc. These kids simply do not get they don't get to go in a time machine back and repeat life. Even one year at Kentucky basketball is a lifetime memory that won't remotely be the same at Clemson or most other programs.

That "Shock the World" tweet from Zion is a "pinned to the top" tweet from June 2016, not recent.

They're are plenty who are acting like we are still in it and no decision has been made. Hell, yesterday alone a thread was started over some fake tweet that now has over 10 pages. Granted a lot of them are joking, but there are legit people who still think we are getting him. It's comical.

There are a lot of people who assume, I, nor anyone else could possibly know and that we are just guessing. This is based on the ignorant logic that if they don't know or have ways of finding out then no one else does either. Pretty ignorant really considering it's been known in some circles for several weeks and much evidence supports that. Some people just can't handle what they don't want to hear.

If my post bother you, by all means use the block button. Believe me, it won't hurt my feelings.

I honestly haven’t seen any “legit people “ (wtf does that even mean? :joy:... “legit people?”) who honestly think we will be getting Zion. I mean i guess there’s a few random posters who believed that troll job from yesterday, but by and large you’re taking the opinions of a very very small few and acting as if that’s the general consensus around here.
The poster/s you’re throwing a hissy fit at only tried to explain that you (as in you personally ) have no better of an idea where he will go than anyone else. It was a silly argument but they were just pointing out that you were claiming it as fact/ that you’ve heard from the horse’s mouth. Which is 100% false.

I’ve seen a few here and there say something along the lines of “I’m not gonna count Cal out” or “ I’m still holding out hope he will surprise and pick UK but , again, for the most part many see the writing on the wall. You just keep going around and continue to beat a dead horse to try and “gotcha” someone. Personally I firmly believe* Zion picks Clemson.

Lastly , You don’t bother me in the least. Just pointing out how you were wrong is all. By all means, keep posting ! No ignoring here

Give ZW his due, let's remember what's its like to be 18 and on top of the world. Let him have his moment, he has deserved it. Be it Clemson, S.Carolina, UK,...just not pUKe or UNCheat. Interesting he stated how coaches thought of him when injured. Outside of basketball.
Not to be negative, but didn't another recruit tweet 'earned not given' and announced elsewhere? We will see. Yes, I would love for ZW to attend UK, but as if now, we have a great group coming in, and probably many more returning. Hope we get him, Go Big Blue!!!

Zion is actually young for his class. He won't be 18 until July 6th, 2018.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zion-williamson

I honestly haven’t seen any “legit people “ (wtf does that even mean? :joy:... “legit people?”) who honestly think we will be getting Zion. I mean i guess there’s a few random posters who believed that troll job from yesterday, but by and large you’re taking the opinions of a very very small few and acting as if that’s the general consensus around here.
The poster/s you’re throwing a hissy fit at only tried to explain that you (as in you personally ) have no better of an idea where he will go than anyone else. It was a silly argument but they were just pointing out that you were claiming it as fact/ that you’ve heard from the horse’s mouth. Which is 100% false.

I’ve seen a few here and there say something along the lines of “I’m not gonna count Cal out” or “ I’m still holding out hope he will surprise and pick UK but , again, for the most part many see the writing on the wall. You just keep going around and continue to beat a dead horse to try and “gotcha” someone. Personally I firmly believe* Zion picks Clemson.

Lastly , You don’t bother me in the least. Just pointing out how you were wrong is all. By all means, keep posting ! No ignoring here
Legit, as in non troll and genuinely believe it. Wait and see, as soon as he picks Clemson we will have multiple threads of people actually shocked and upset he picked them, like it's not known

No, it's just you and others assuming I have not. You don't know that, but it helps you all feel better to convince yourselves that no one else here can possibly be more connected to the program or recruits. I get it, jealousy can be a bitch, especially to the younger generations.

Hissy fit? I'm rather enjoying myself to be honest. I get much entertainment from this board. So if this is a hissy fit I want to keep having them.

Btw, It must have bothered you a bit, as you did reply to it after all.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Legit, as in non troll and genuinely believe it. Wait and see, as soon as he picks Clemson we will have multiple threads of people actually shocked and upset he picked them, like it's not known

No, it's just you and others assuming I have not. You don't know that, but it helps you all feel better to convince yourselves that no one else here can possibly be more connected to the program or recruits. I get it, jealousy can be a bitch, especially to the younger generations.

Hissy fit? I'm rather enjoying myself to be honest. I get much entertainment from this board. So if this is a hissy fit I want to keep having them.

Well, it is message board lol... so replying/ discussion etc is what we do here.

[laughing] So now you have “connections” to not only Zion, but to the UK program and recruits as well. You must have lots and lots Sources! :cool2:

A buddy of mine who is SUPER well connected to exactly 6 boosters , Both John Calipari AND his neighbor along with several in the AAU circuit gives me inside secret information on the REG. He’s very rarely wrong and often times he’s right!

Connections for days son![banana]

Last edited:

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLOLLOLLOL,you are just so full of yourself,keep getting full of you till it bites you in the ass later:eek:

Well, it is message board lol... so replying/ discussion etc is what we do here.

[laughing] So now you have “connections” to not only Zion, but to the UK program and recruits as well. You must have lots and lots Sources! :cool2:

A buddy of mine who is SUPER well connected to exactly 6 boosters , Both John Calipari AND his neighbor along with several in the AAU circuit gives me inside secret infuriation on the REG. He’s very rarely wrong and often times he’s right!
You must not read well. Where did I say "I" had connections to all that? I said "convince yourselves that no one" meaning anyone that brings information. I do have some very good insight into this recruitment and a couple of others we've had over the years. I also know several people connected to the program. Most are on the football side, but I do have a couple around the basketball program. However, UK is not where I got the info on Zion's recruitment. I don't expect or care if anyone believes it to be honest. I just find it amusing the way people here act about it.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine who is SUPER well connected to exactly 6 boosters , Both John Calipari AND his neighbor along with several in the AAU circuit gives me inside secret infuriation on the REG. He’s very rarely wrong and often times he’s right!

How many times has your buddy been to Cal's? Maybe I've met him one of times I was there?

How many times has your buddy been to Cal's? Maybe I've met him one of times I was there?

He typically visits Cal’s home bi weekly. Usually a Thursday. His name is Roger. Roger has short brown hair and is a pudgy but lovelable guy. Roger is nice enough to always give me some inside scoops , so if you see him don’t tell him I told you.

This the hypothetical situation I jerk off to at night

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
He typically visits Cal’s home bi weekly. Usually a Thursday. His name is Roger. Roger has short brown hair and is a pudgy but lovelable guy. Roger is nice enough to always give me some inside scoops , so if you see him don’t tell him I told you.
Got It! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT