I think there is one more twist to come with ZW

Discussion in 'Rupp Rafters - Basketball Forum' started by Wildcats1st, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Mike-D

Mike-D All-American
    Expand Collapse

That’s just a lie. Please don’t use this message board as indicative to a very large portion of our fan base.

UKhoopCat, thepip, ashbergh and 2 others like this.
  2. Big Blue in 502

Big Blue in 502 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I personally don't think Zion comes to UK. But let me give a long shot hypothetical. What if this was all a power play move orchestrated by Cal & Zion. What if they quietly have planned for him to announce on college gameday? To purposely put out smoke screens of leaking out Clemson as the pick. It doesn't seem so far fetched to think Cal would use this to re-energize his recruiting that in a national perspective has taken a slight "step back".

He's all about using the biggest of stages to put UK and its players out front. He hasn't done anything like that in a while , nor has he has a player have a prime time announcement in a while either. You have to consider Zion being an internet sensation and a basketball superstar, something Cal hasn't had since Wall.

After losing head to head battles with duke lately and other no name schools. Is it really that unfathomable to think that he and Zion would use this as a moment to promoteZion & UK back on the national stage and minds of recruits? We all witnessed what having an internet superstar does for recruiting following Wall. To remind players of the place they need to be for the best development and exposure.

Again I don't think he comes here, but it wouldn't be a stretch to think it's time for Cal to make a big splash and re-emerge as the top recruiter.

RipThru likes this.
  3. Ryan Lemonds Diary

Expand Collapse

I will be happy if we get Zion I will be ecstatic but if he goes to somewhere else besides Kansas, Duke or UNC I am fine too. We were the greatest collegiate basketball before Zion and we will still be the greatest after him.

bigblueinsanity likes this.
  4. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I disagree, I think it's very true.

5. LineSkiCat14

LineSkiCat14 All-American
    Expand Collapse

I still wonder in all these rumors, if one top guy switches and if everyone else just follows.

Did 5 CB picks all hear information? Or did 1 hear information and the other 5 just followed the trend?

ashbergh likes this.
  6. KyFaninNC

KyFaninNC All-American
    Expand Collapse

Tai got to stop chopping so much wood, so his back stays healthy. ​

KYCAT78 likes this.
  7. kyups01

kyups01 All-American
    Expand Collapse

oh well then since 'UK writers' said so then it must be true!!! Said no one, ever.

8. RipThru

RipThru Blue Chip Prospect
    Expand Collapse

Can't be true, because @theGspot is "connected" and said there was NO chance! [roll]

9. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Lol, whatever you need to tell yourself.

10. Wildcats1st

Wildcats1st Junior
    Expand Collapse

A few thoughts

1. Another analyst flipped his pick to clemson today. UK now at 5%. UNC and unknown at 5% rest on clemson

2. Why would cal and the staff feel very good up until a week ago when MJ posted his tweet? Surely they have been in contact all along not assuming anything?? Right?? It doesn’t make sense they would be blindsided by this.

3. Did cal possibly back off due to the Vanderbilt issue and not want another potential injury case next year with a guy we will have to count on??

The entire staff feels he’s uk until a week ago, potential lack of contact, no recorded visits by the staff as clemson gains traction, Zion’s comment about who cares about him, etc is sketchy. Maybe a reason cal hasn’t been in firm contact with zion visiting him, etc.

11. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well said, however this board will absolutely MELT DOWN come 1/20/18 when/if Zion picks Clemson.

ashbergh and Wildcats1st like this.
  12. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You’re assuming too though...

13. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

14. Rupp'sRunt

Rupp'sRunt All-SEC
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't * :D

15. Grs51

Expand Collapse

Well said !

16. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

About what?

17. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Columbia, SC mayor announces January 20th as Zion Williamson day and we still have some people who think no one knows what Zion is doing. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
    Can't make this shit up.

18. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Dude , we get it. Zion is 99% sure headed to Clemson. There’s a small handful of people who only said that YOU didn’t know for SURE (fact) as you don’t really have any more connections than anyone else. I believe that was the whole argument.

You seem obsessed with what people think about you though, and obsessed with making sure people know Zion isn’t ours? The entire tone of the board the last couple of weeks has been one of realizing that Zion most likely will not be attending UK.

You’re acting as if several people on here are convinced that it’s still a 50/50 race or something

19. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

They're are plenty who are acting like we are still in it and no decision has been made. Hell, yesterday alone a thread was started over some fake tweet that now has over 10 pages. Granted a lot of them are joking, but there are legit people who still think we are getting him. It's comical.

There are a lot of people who assume, I, nor anyone else could possibly know and that we are just guessing. This is based on the ignorant logic that if they don't know or have ways of finding out then no one else does either. Pretty ignorant really considering it's been known in some circles for several weeks and much evidence supports that. Some people just can't handle what they don't want to hear.

If my post bother you, by all means use the block button. Believe me, it won't hurt my feelings.

20. ib4ky

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That "Shock the World" tweet from Zion is a "pinned to the top" tweet from June 2016, not recent.

21. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I honestly haven’t seen any “legit people “ (wtf does that even mean? :joy:... “legit people?”) who honestly think we will be getting Zion. I mean i guess there’s a few random posters who believed that troll job from yesterday, but by and large you’re taking the opinions of a very very small few and acting as if that’s the general consensus around here.
    The poster/s you’re throwing a hissy fit at only tried to explain that you (as in you personally ) have no better of an idea where he will go than anyone else. It was a silly argument but they were just pointing out that you were claiming it as fact/ that you’ve heard from the horse’s mouth. Which is 100% false.

I’ve seen a few here and there say something along the lines of “I’m not gonna count Cal out” or “ I’m still holding out hope he will surprise and pick UK but , again, for the most part many see the writing on the wall. You just keep going around and continue to beat a dead horse to try and “gotcha” someone. Personally I firmly believe* Zion picks Clemson.

Lastly , You don’t bother me in the least. Just pointing out how you were wrong is all. By all means, keep posting ! No ignoring here

22. Ocornett

Ocornett Junior
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Yes let’s run him out of RR on a greased poll and tire and feather the little monkey boy.

theGspot likes this.
  23. ib4ky

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Zion is actually young for his class. He won't be 18 until July 6th, 2018.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zion-williamson

24. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Legit, as in non troll and genuinely believe it. Wait and see, as soon as he picks Clemson we will have multiple threads of people actually shocked and upset he picked them, like it's not known

No, it's just you and others assuming I have not. You don't know that, but it helps you all feel better to convince yourselves that no one else here can possibly be more connected to the program or recruits. I get it, jealousy can be a bitch, especially to the younger generations.

Hissy fit? I'm rather enjoying myself to be honest. I get much entertainment from this board. So if this is a hissy fit I want to keep having them.

Btw, It must have bothered you a bit, as you did reply to it after all.

FrankUnderwood likes this.
  25. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well, it is message board lol... so replying/ discussion etc is what we do here.

[laughing] So now you have “connections” to not only Zion, but to the UK program and recruits as well. You must have lots and lots Sources! :cool2:

A buddy of mine who is SUPER well connected to exactly 6 boosters , Both John Calipari AND his neighbor along with several in the AAU circuit gives me inside secret information on the REG. He’s very rarely wrong and often times he’s right!

Connections for days son![banana]

105 FrankUnderwood, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  26. Simple_Man

Simple_Man Freshman
    Expand Collapse

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLOLLOLLOL,you are just so full of yourself,keep getting full of you till it bites you in the ass later:eek:

27. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

You must not read well. Where did I say "I" had connections to all that? I said "convince yourselves that no one" meaning anyone that brings information. I do have some very good insight into this recruitment and a couple of others we've had over the years. I also know several people connected to the program. Most are on the football side, but I do have a couple around the basketball program. However, UK is not where I got the info on Zion's recruitment. I don't expect or care if anyone believes it to be honest. I just find it amusing the way people here act about it.

107 theGspot, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  28. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Yea, Zion picking Clemson will really bite me good. :joy:

29. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

How many times has your buddy been to Cal's? Maybe I've met him one of times I was there?

30. FrankUnderwood

FrankUnderwood All-SEC
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

He typically visits Cal’s home bi weekly. Usually a Thursday. His name is Roger. Roger has short brown hair and is a pudgy but lovelable guy. Roger is nice enough to always give me some inside scoops , so if you see him don’t tell him I told you.

31. $Z71$

$Z71$ Freshman
    Expand Collapse

Can’t help but “toot toot toot” your horn to feel important can you?

FrankUnderwood and Simple_Man like this.
  32. Rupp'sRunt

Rupp'sRunt All-SEC
    Expand Collapse

This the hypothetical situation I jerk off to at night

Big Blue in 502 likes this.
  33. Simple_Man

Simple_Man Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You sound like a true Clemson fan,I hope you enjoy Zion at Clemson.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

34. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Got It! ;)

35. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Clemson has fans?

36. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Nope!

37. Simple_Man

Simple_Man Freshman
    Expand Collapse

They have at least one counting you!

38. theGspot

theGspot Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Lol, good to know.

39. bigblueinsanity

bigblueinsanity All-American
    Expand Collapse

This. Here will be great. Anywhere but those places will be ok.

theGspot and FrankUnderwood like this.
  40. Simple_Man

Simple_Man Freshman
    Expand Collapse

You are toast,give it up .:boxing:[banana]

FrankUnderwood likes this.