ADVERTISEMENT

I think there is one more twist to come with ZW

Sounds like it.
Pretty sure there has been very limited contact with him since the end of Oct-Very early Nov. Of course some of that was a dead period, but other coaches have been in much more contact and even visited since we have. Not saying the staff has given up, but they definitely backed off a lot since his visit.

Not to be cynical but I’m cynical. I think there is something to the idea of wanting drama and questions so there is attention on the announcement once something happened to cause every analyst to go Clemson

Could be and hope to be wrong

LMAO, so you're telling me not to speak in absolutes by speaking in absolutes yourself. Plenty of people know what Zion is doing, it's actually pretty common knowledge among insiders. Do you honestly think it was sheer coincidence that over a 7 day stretch in Nov, 7 different crystal ball picks all came in for Clemson? Just because you didn't/don't know doesn't mean others don't. You keep telling yourself what you need to believe though. Some of us will live in a reality with facts and knowledge of the situation.
BTW...I st
But it would be impossible for "nobody to know FOR SURE what he's going to do." I mean after all Zion would have to know right? So there is someone. He most likely told his parents, close friends and coaches. You could not refute that 7 picks came in for Clemson within a week in November and have only picked up more sense, but I bet those people had no clue, they were just guessing. Forget the fact that UK coaches and other schools recruiting him have already been informed he is picking Clemson. But yea, you're right, since you don't know no one could possibly know anything. LMAO.
The "fact" that the coaches have been informed?

See, YOU are the one posting absolutes...

Are you close to the situation?

Reactions: thepip
Pretty sure there has been very limited contact with him since the end of Oct-Very early Nov. Of course some of that was a dead period, but other coaches have been in much more contact and even visited since we have. Not saying the staff has given up, but they definitely backed off a lot since his visit.
I'm definitely not optimistic, but until I hear him say so, I'm going to assume that he hasn't committed anywhere yet.

I seldom get involved in recruiting predictions and speculation, because I don't know anything.

My only complaint with our fans as far as recruiting goes, is that they worry too much.

I don't think its cool to call the posters on this board mouth breathers.
That shouldn't stop you. 99.9% of the posters here don't know shit either, but that doesn't stop them from spewing shit like they do.

I don't mind the worrying. Our fans should worry as Cal and the staffs recruiting is what keeps us in contention each year. But keep some perspective while doing it.

If you aren't one of them it shouldn't bother you.

I am going to try to stay away from most of these Zion threads as I there isn't much to say really about the topic except it is silly to right him coming to UK off at this point . Just because people think a kid is going somewhere like they did with KNox, Bam,Murray and so on , doesn't mean he is . By the same token it doesn't mean he is either. No one knows besides Zion and maybe his parents . I will be eager on the 20th but if we miss out so be it . Cal is the best recruiter alive so regardless we will be stacked next season.

That shouldn't stop you. 99.9% of the posters here don't know shit either, but that doesn't stop them from spewing shit like they do.

I don't mind the worrying. Our fans should worry as Cal and the staffs recruiting is what keeps us in contention each year. But keep some perspective while doing it.

If you aren't one of them it shouldn't bother you.
You seem very angry and confrontational.

Why the attitude with your posts?

If these people bother you so much, why are you on here?

You seem very angry and confrontational.

Why the attitude with your posts?

If these people bother you so much, why are you on here?
Wow, that's insightful and amazing that you can diagnose that from message board posts. Are you a psychologist/psychiatrist, I could use a couch session if you have an open appointment.

Because of my anger and confrontational attitude of course. You just diagnosed me but you couldn't come to the conclusion of why I do the things that I do? You don't seem to be such a good psychologist/psychiatrist after all. Maybe I shouldn't get that appointment after all.

Wow, that's insightful and amazing that you can diagnose that from message board posts. Are you a psychologist/psychiatrist, I could use a couch session if you have an open appointment.

Because of my anger and confrontational attitude of course. You just diagnosed me but you couldn't come to the conclusion of why I do the things that I do? You don't seem to be such a good psychologist/psychiatrist after all. Maybe I shouldn't get that appointment after all.
Thanks for making my point...

Agree with this as far as absolutes. He is very likely going to Clemson and if I had money I’d bet that but there is always a little chance that he doesn’t like Knox to UK or Bridges to MSU (before it became obvious). One thing that was said on a UK podcast was that Trae Young doing so well and turning a horrible team (won 12 games last year) into a tournament team while massively helping his draft stock, was a factor into Zion “picking” Clemson

As much as I believe that ZW is going to Clemson, you speaking in absolutes is kind of ridiculous too...

You know what we all now, and that is the recruiting "experts" think that's where he's going and there's a "rumor" that our coaches don't feel good about getting him.

We don't know anything FOR SURE!

Reactions: stenchymouse
Maybe Cal has told him if you can do better than Kentucky, you have my blessing. The pull of being home is strong, Zion is the one who's going to have to live with it being the right or wrong decision. I think Kentucky can do more for him in every way, Zion will know the answer to that soon enough.

UK was out of the race for ZW the second we signed Keldon Johnson. Don't know why that is so hard for people to understand. Just because ZW is built like a defensive end/linebacker on steroids doesn't change the fact that he is 6'5 or so (same as Johnson) and they will play the same position in college!

He's going to Clemson, atleast all the smoke seems to point that way. Seen this show before he just wants viewers for his moment. I understand, but I'm a UK fan not a ZW fan. So when/if he commits to UK he can gain my attention but not before. Not gonna follow him or his luring comments to get attention.

Well Doc this is funny. WTF is going on around here? I'm betting Gspot never got near a Gspot. It's pretty obvious that you need some attention. OK. I'll give it to you. Bring it on, but me first. I know for sure that ZW will be choosing a school very soon, I think. Still not sure who that will be because I never give up until the kids announce. Yes I'm hoping he picks UK. You say that ZW and you are close, great. Well I'm close to the person that is close to a person that use to go out with Zion. Do I use my pull and ask him where he is going, no. I have more respect for him than to ever do that. I think Zion knows where he is going, I think you don't know where your going little own where Zion is going. My guess is your about 12 years old, ugly and just can't a date. Now you come to RR to waste some time. I get that. I just want to say we are all a very happy family here at BBN. Whatever happens happens and you don't know what will happen. I wish I knew what was going to happen but I don't. So be cool little ugly 12 year old child that can't get a date. Good night pimple face.

Reactions: RipThru
Nope. Trae Young playing so well was wayyyy more of a factor (even UK writers said so on UK podcast yesterday).

UK was out of the race for ZW the second we signed Keldon Johnson. Don't know why that is so hard for people to understand. Just because ZW is built like a defensive end/linebacker on steroids doesn't change the fact that he is 6'5 or so (same as Johnson) and they will play the same position in college!

If he ends up at Clemson I'm sure what Young is doing at Oklahoma can't hurt, but the main reason imo is the season Clemson is having this year, they're a team that could make a cinderella run this year, so Zion might think they could definitely win big with him if they can this year. I usually root for lower tier acc teams to be good so they'll have a chance to upset Duke, UNC and lil bro, but this year it would've been to our benefit if Clemson sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT