ADVERTISEMENT

I think there is one more twist to come with ZW

I gotta ask,you are a guy that has to get in the last word?
That's not a question, that is a statment. But, since I get what you mean, no, I do not have to get the last word. At least not in the sense that something will happen if I don't. However, sometimes I like to.

That's not a question, that is a statment. But, since I get what you mean, no, I do not have to get the last word. At least not in the sense that something will happen if I don't. However, sometimes I like to.
Thanks for the answer,have a great evening :pizza::beer::)

He typically visits Cal’s home bi weekly. Usually a Thursday. His name is Roger. Roger has short brown hair and is a pudgy but lovelable guy. Roger is nice enough to always give me some inside scoops , so if you see him don’t tell him I told you.
Maybe I missed you staying this before, if not I am legitimately ( not being a smart ass) asking what your friend had told you about ZW? Thanks

He can go to Clemson if he wants to.

....But if he goes to The University Of Duke,

I will personally kick him in The University Of His Nuts.

Reactions: morgousky
Have no idea where ZW is going or what Wiseman is going to do......but Cal needs to go after Moses or Jordan Brown. UK needs help inside. Richards, even if he is back next year is not the answer. UK needs someone in the middle that can block or alter shots & get some rebounds
Nick Richards as a sophomore will be much much better than Moses Brown as a freshman.

Who knows? Maybe, with rumors of USC getting into the mix, UK jumps back into the lead, to keep him from choosing between two in-state schools.

But it would be impossible for "nobody to know FOR SURE what he's going to do." I mean after all Zion would have to know right? So there is someone. He most likely told his parents, close friends and coaches. You could not refute that 7 picks came in for Clemson within a week in November and have only picked up more sense, but I bet those people had no clue, they were just guessing. Forget the fact that UK coaches and other schools recruiting him have already been informed he is picking Clemson. But yea, you're right, since you don't know no one could possibly know anything. LMAO.

I don't want to get into a shouting match with you, like some in this thread have, but, I am earnestly asking, how do you know that UK's coaching staff have been informed that he is picking Clemson? Just wondered, because I haven't heard this, if true. Make me a believer.

I don't want to get into a shouting match with you, like some in this thread have, but, I am earnestly asking, how do you know that UK's coaching staff have been informed that he is picking Clemson? Just wondered, because I haven't heard this, if true. Make me a believer.
Take it how you want, but in this particular case I know someone very very close to the family and they also have a very good relationship with Zion himself and other people in the community
Zion absolutely loved UK and Cal and everything it had to offer. He came very very close to coming here. However, the deciding factor came down to a few key things.

Zion is very close to his family and realized coming to UK would limit the amount of games they could attend, where as at Clemson they can attend pretty much any home game and several ACC road games. After he goes pro he knows those opportunities will be even more limited. So there was one major reason. Another, and maybe the biggest, is that he wants to be able to help take Clemson basketball to the next level and believes he can make them a real contender. He's also aware that even if he doesn't win it all there he is still helping Clemson build and advance their program. He also became very close and comfortable with the coaching staff there and has visited unofficially several times over the last few months and he's fallen in love with it. He knows as long as he does the work he's a top 5 pick regardless of where he goes. He witness the success of USCjr last year and wants Clemson to have that same success.

He made his decision back in November around the time for the signing period, and gave a verbal commitment to Clemson. Which is why several crystal ball picks came in for Clemson over 6 days.
It started getting leaked out to a few people, however, his parents asked him to hold off a bit longer just to be sure he didn't have a change of heart. He did not and while he was out injured his decision was only further solidified by how Clemson coaches, coaches and other recruits handled it all. So a couple of days before the announcement news broke he contacted the staff's of the other schools and told them what he was doing.

As I said, take it with a grain of salt. I probably would in the same situation. The stories behind these recruitment usually comes out noting after the announcement is made anyway. Everyone will hear it eventually, doesn't really bother me either way. I just don't want people getting their hopes up only to be let down, shocked or angry, then doing stupid embarrassing the fan base.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Take it how you want, but in this particular case I know someone very very close to the family and they also have a very good relationship with Zion himself and other people in the community
Zion absolutely loved UK and Cal and everything it had to offer. He came very very close to coming here. However, the deciding factor came down to a few key things.

Zion is very close to his family and realized coming to UK would limit the amount of games they could attend, where as at Clemson they can attend pretty much any home game and several ACC road games. After he goes pro he knows those opportunities will be even more limited. So there was one major reason. Another, and maybe the biggest, is that he wants to be able to help take Clemson basketball to the next level and believes he can make them a real contender. He's also aware that even if he doesn't win it all there he is still helping Clemson build and advance their program. He also became very close and comfortable with the coaching staff there and has visited unofficially several times over the last few months and he's fallen in love with it. He knows as long as he does the work he's a top 5 pick regardless of where he goes. He witness the success of USCjr last year and wants Clemson to have that same success.

He made his decision back in November around the time for the signing period, and gave a verbal commitment to Clemson. Which is why several crystal ball picks came in for Clemson over 6 days.
It started getting leaked out to a few people, however, his parents asked him to hold off a bit longer just to be sure he didn't have a change of heart. He did not and while he was out injured his decision was only further solidified by how Clemson coaches, coaches and other recruits handled it all. So a couple of days before the announcement news broke he contacted the staff's of the other schools and told them what he was doing.

As I said, take it with a grain of salt. I probably would in the same situation. The stories behind these recruitment usually comes out noting after the announcement is made anyway. Everyone will hear it eventually, doesn't really bother me either way. I just don't want people getting their hopes up only to be let down, shocked or angry, then doing stupid embarrassing the fan base.

I've always had a problem with this kind of thinking.

On one hand, we're told they are ready to be millionaires, they're mistreated, should go straight pro, old men just want yada yada.

Then in the same breath, they gonna stay home with mama for their one year of college basketball and have her teet beside them for another 9 months. Crappy basketball school and all. They wanna be home.

Well, is the nba going to make special considerations? Does Clemson get a pro team to accommodate? How does someone go from "can't leave mama" to "I'm a pro, I'm a man, I deserve to get paid mega millions out of high school?"

Just a bunch of nonsense.

Gspot has “connections” y’all!

[laughing]

It’s been a pretty sure fire thing that Zion is going to Clemson for weeks now. Pretending that you have inside sources just makes you look quasi desperate for attention and validation from posters on this board.

I don’t think less of you or anything , but it’s interesting nonetheless. Still keep posting though! ;)

Reactions: RipThru
I've always had a problem with this kind of thinking.

On one hand, we're told they are ready to be millionaires, they're mistreated, should go straight pro, old men just want yada yada.

Then in the same breath, they gonna stay home with mama for their one year of college basketball and have her teet beside them for another 9 months. Crappy basketball school and all. They wanna be home.

Well, is the nba going to make special considerations? Does Clemson get a pro team to accommodate? How does someone go from "can't leave mama" to "I'm a pro, I'm a man, I deserve to get paid mega millions out of high school?"

Just a bunch of nonsense.
I think the entire point went over your head. You're equating solely to being close to and coddled by parents, when that couldn't be further from the truth. He wants to be able to be closer to the people that sacrificed the most along with him to put allow him to be in this situation. He wants them to be able experience that as much as possible in his one year of college. The more they get to see him play the more they get to do that. It's not just his mom, but all of his extended family and friends and people in the community that have supported him as well. That's a far cry from needing hid mommy to hold him. Hell, I think travelling the country playing basketball would indicate he doesn't really need his mom around all the time, but if you can go to a school nearby that is building into contender, why not? You're an instant hero regardless and will get drafted high regardless. It's a win win.

You get the reason that appeals to him for the one year is because he knows he won't get the same opportunity in the NBA? Right?

It's not like Clemson is EKU or some school most have never heard of. They play in a top conference, have great athletic facilities and are currently a ranked team. We all need to get over this ignorant narrative that he's going to some scrub school or team. They may not be a blue blood or perennial powerhouse, but they are building a very respectable program.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
Gspot has “connections” y’all!

[laughing]

It’s been a pretty sure fire thing that Zion is going to Clemson for weeks now. Pretending that you have inside sources just makes you look quasi desperate for attention and validation from posters on this board.

I don’t think less of you or anything , but it’s interesting nonetheless. Still keep posting though! ;)
Whatever you need to tell yourself is fine. As I stated, youth and jealosuy are often things that don't go well together. I would have thought one of your episodes of Boy meets world would have taught you that.

However, if you look back at a couple of post I made in November, I indicated Clemson had a much better shot than some realized and even stated I believed we would not get him and have stood by that for several weeks now in other post. But, that goes against your narrative, so I don't expect you'll look too hard.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
I think the entire point went over your head. You're equating solely to being close to and coddled by parents, when that couldn't be further from the truth. He wants to be able to be closer to the people that sacrificed the most along with him to put allow him to be in this situation. He wants them to be able experience that as much as possible in his one year of college. The more they get to see him play the more they get to do that. It's not just his mom, but all of his extended family and friends and people in the community that have supported him as well. That's a far cry from needing hid mommy to hold him. Hell, I think travelling the country playing basketball would indicate he doesn't really need his mom around all the time, but if you can go to a school nearby that is building into contender, why not? You're an instant hero regardless and will get drafted high regardless. It's a win win.

You get the reason that appeals to him for the one year is because he knows he won't get the same opportunity in the NBA? Right?

It's not like Clemson is EKU or some school most have never heard of. They play in a top conference, have great athletic facilities and are currently a ranked team. We all need to get over this ignorant narrative that he's going to some scrub school or team. They may not be a blue blood or perennial powerhouse, but they are building a very respectable program.

Eh, they just watched him play for years. Time to sack up and move on. Momma will see him play plenty. Sacrificing your college career in no mans land for That?

Men, lol, they aren't close.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Insecurity and boredom does that to people at times.
So a screen name referencing a character played by a known pedophile and sexual predator of young boys and by your own admission you're favorite show has the word Boy in it. Coincidence?

Eh, they just watched him play for years. Time to sack up and move on. Momma will see him play plenty. Sacrificing your college career in no mans land for That?

Men, lol, they aren't close.
They just watched him play Div 1 basketball for a year? That's shocking! I was sure he was still in high school.

LMAO, How's he sacrafcing his college career playing at Clemson? Do tell....

Whatever you need to tell yourself is fine. As I stated, youth and jealosuy are often things that don't go well together. I would have thought one of your episodes of Boy meets world would have taught you that.

However, if you look back at a couple of post I made in November, I indicated Clemson had a much better shot than some realized and even stated I believed we would not get him and have stood by that for several weeks now in other post. But, that goes against your narrative, so I don't expect you'll look too hard.

“Jealosuy “ is something I’m trying to work on...

Don’t hate on Boy Meets World either.

And lots of people, analysts etc have been saying Clemson has a real shot at Zion for awhile now. Just because you obscurely say “well i made some predictions back in November!” Doesn’t really help solidify you’re attempt at convincing us you’re an “insider” or have “connections” (you don’t )

I honestly don’t have a narrative brother. I still just find it comical that you claim to have some inside information/ Sources ... that you’ve been to Cal’s house?? Lol ... all to try and impress people on here.
Which is weird. You call people names etc when they disagree with you , yet you claim to “not care” what people on here think? I’d say it’s the opposite. You very much care.
Keep doing you though man. If nothing else, we are both Cats fans so that’s a little something to hang our hats on ! :)

Reactions: RipThru
So they aren't ranked higher than us right now? I'm confused.. We are a basketball school and all are we not?

Well then he should check George Washington. They made a final four one year we didn't.

Waste. Land.

Oh I didn't spar with him. I'm standing outside the ring watching and listening. When I jump into the ring he'll know it.

giphy.gif

Reactions: morgousky
“Jealosuy “ is something I’m trying to work on...

Don’t hate on Boy Meets World either.

And lots of people, analysts etc have been saying Clemson has a real shot at Zion for awhile now. Just because you obscurely say “well i made some predictions back in November!” Doesn’t really help solidify you’re attempt at convincing us you’re an “insider” or have “connections” (you don’t )

I honestly don’t have a narrative brother. I still just find it comical that you claim to have some inside information/ Sources ... that you’ve been to Cal’s house?? Lol ... all to try and impress people on here.
Which is weird. You call people names etc when they disagree with you , yet you claim to “not care” what people on here think? I’d say it’s the opposite. You very much care.
Keep doing you though man. If nothing else, we are both Cats fans so that’s a little something to hang our hats on ! :)
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. As I've said, the facts will come out shortly after the announcement of the behind the scene stuff and then your narrative will just be that I didn't know, I'm just a really good guesser. No sweat off my back who believes me. I'm getting amusement either way.

I was only responding to your comments. You were the one who stated you had a buddy that we Cal's neighbor and like 6 connections to the program. I only said I had a few, mostly football. I just asked if your buddy was at Cal's very many times. Maybe I knew him. The Calipari's are always hosting events and fundraisers, several their home each year. I just donate or buy tickets and attend, I never insinuated that I was some special person. You can easily get them to.
I've obviously struck a nerve or something with you because you seem to be taking this very seriously and aggressively. I hope you won't let it ruin your day.

Well then he should check George Washington. They made a final four one year we didn't.

Waste. Land.
Which just prove you can go other places and have success. Most experts would agree that so far this season Clemson basketball is having more success than UK basketball. Obviously and hopefully that changes, but it's an ignorant and easily disproven narrative that going to Clemson for a year is wasting/throwing it away. Quite the opposite actually.

I would agree on two points:
1) Clemson isn’t a bad team or program
2) Zion is going to Clemson

I disagree that any random message board poster knows jack crap first hand. The % of legitimate connected people vs those who claim first hand knowledge is negligible. People who claim to know this crap are the bottom of the barrel

Which just prove you can go other places and have success. Most experts would agree that so far this season Clemson basketball is having more success than UK basketball. Obviously and hopefully that changes, but it's an ignorant and easily disproven narrative that going to Clemson for a year is wasting/throwing it away. Quite the opposite actually.

I don't know you and really couldn't care less who you are, but you have an undeniable pretentious demeanor. Get over yourself man. It's annoying.

Reactions: TheBigBlueSpectacle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT