ADVERTISEMENT

I hate this team...

I didn’t get called out. I’m just saying bumping old threads to call out someone, is lame and easy
..and fun and delightful and orgasmic.
150522_2868134_Orgasm_Guy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DerekMcPwn
Yep. Pretty simple. Don't say stupid stuff. Don't say hateful stuff. If you live by simple rules, it's easy, no one will throw it in your face later when you've been proved an idiot.
Except what is said is conjecture and in the heat of emotion. Bumping an old thread is weak one-upmanship.

Reactions: JFCats22
Correct. But those who take it to such idiotic extremes are petulant morons who need to find a different hobby, one more suited for their feeble minds.

It's embarrassing and cringe worthy. Their behaviour, opinions and emotional overreactions deserve to be called out, mocked and laughed at.

There's a huge difference between constructive criticism vs. personal attacks, character assassination and foolish trite.

I hate the team, wish some guys weren't on the team, hope they don't come back and/or would prefer a different team altogether is a far cry from Richards needs to strengthen his hands, Hami needs work on his jumper, Gabriel needs work on his handles and/or Knox needs to work on his 'when the going gets tough' attitude.
Emotional overreaction is exactly what it is. We are all guilty of it. Some may not be able to control emotions on the midst of the heat, but bumping these threads is as immature and ridiculous.

Reactions: JFCats22
We don’t know what is in the hearts and minds of these young men. To go online and post negative assumptions about their character when “your” team is struggling screams immaturity and weakness of character in itself. Whining is self serving at best, regardless whether it’s to family or anonymous strangers.

Just my worthless, but harmless opinion.
Yes, I agree..but why reopen old wounds especially when we’ve all made mistakes.

Reactions: 78Gooses
Emotional overreaction is exactly what it is. We are all guilty of it. Some may not be able to control emotions on the midst of the heat, but bumping these threads is as immature and ridiculous.
That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that bumping these threads provides useful feedback to impulsive people who overreact and don’t control their emotions very well. Lack of emotional control does not grant those people an innate right to make everyone else around them miserable.

That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it would be that we have way too many fair weather fans here, and this is a way of helping them to find a more mature perspective.
Trust me, I see fair-weather fandom all over this board. It needs to be called out at the TIME of the post, not weeks or months later AFTER events NONE of us saw coming occurred.

Trust me, I see fair-weather fandom all over this board. It needs to be called out at the TIME of the post, not weeks or months later AFTER events NONE of us saw coming occurred.
That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it would be that the benefit of time can teach wisdom and patience to people who don’t already have enough of either.

but...just maybe...some will now LEARN from their mistakes.

What mistakes? It’s a message board. It’s all subjective with good and bad takes. All it proves is someone knows how to use a reply button so they can appear like Dick Tracy.

That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it would be that the benefit of time can teach wisdom and patience to people who don’t already have enough of either.
Then why not let the person who spewed the vitriol see the changes and reflect on their short-sightedness. Resurrection of old threads in this manner is immature

What mistakes? It’s a message board. It’s all subjective with good and bad takes. All it proves is someone knows how to use a reply button so they can appear like Dick Tracy.
That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that we have posters here of all maturity levels. Some are naturally thoughtful and prudent about posting, while others typically show poor judgment. Anyway you want to slice this, bumping a thread like this 1 is embarrassing to posters with poor judgment and poor assessment skills. I have no problem with that, but you seem to.

Reactions: Mr_GG
Then why not let the person who spewed the vitriol see the changes and reflect on their short-sightedness. Resurrection of old threads in this manner is immature
That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it would be that resurrecting old threads is fair game.

That’s 1 way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that we have posters here of all maturity levels. Some are naturally thoughtful and prudent about posting, while others typically show poor judgment. Anyway you want to slice this, bumping a thread like this 1 is embarrassing to posters with poor judgment and poor assessment skills. I have no problem with that, but you seem to.
I do because it’s weak, unless you make your point AT THE TIME of the offense. Bumping old threads is simply weak.

I do because it’s weak, unless you make your point AT THE TIME of the offense. Bumping old threads is simply weak.
That’s 1 way of looking at it. But another way of looking at it would be that bumping threads facilitates accountability. Again, I have no problem with it, but you sure seem to.

Except what is said is conjecture and in the heat of emotion. Bumping an old thread is weak one-upmanship.
you don't seem to favor accountability. So, anyone can say anything at any time - "in the heat of emotion" - and there's no reckoning for that?

Mind you, I'm not talking about mere disappointment. It's not a variation of "well, that's disappointing. our team isn't going to be as good this year". Nope. it's vitriol. it's venting, that's all it is. Once I understood that people use this place to vent - that there really are some people are who aren't crazy, they are just releasing anxiety, that while there are some morons and even trolls who post here, it doesn't explain most of the crazy words we see - once I understood all that, I understood this place better. Having said all that, whether you're a moron, or a troll, or a regular "good" fan, if you say something that turns out to be stupid, then there's nothing wrong with someone bringing that up.....

The daily sarcastic thread Aimed at so called Cal and UK haters within the UK fan base. Fake news.

I'm surprised the mods allow these baiting posts. It only causes division and more infighting among UK fans. Maybe they are the type that likes that sort of thing. It certainly seems the way things are in our country today.

but...just maybe...some will now LEARN from their mistakes.

Ok
CatGotMyTongue said:
Yes, I agree..but why reopen old wounds especially when we’ve all made mistakes.

now you are just reaching...this implies, those posters made MISTAKES...if you cant comprehend your own posts...that is on you...also, not reason to beat this horse anymore...GO CATS

I'd be pretty damn stoked if we only lost diallo and Knox.

I'd like to amend my earlier statement made in the heat of the moment: I hate this team RIGHT NOW.

I HATE feeling that way about a UK team and I hope they pull it together and start "getting shit right," to quote Eric Bledsoe, our very next game.

And I'll be there till the bitter end, hoping for that turnaround, even if it does not come. (History is still on Cal's side based on previous years although I think this team has, unfortunately, too many "fatal flaws" to reach those same lofty heights after prolonged struggle... but... we will see soon enough the final chapter to this team's season.)
I like how all you sanctimonious douchebags just completely ignored my follow-up post, made only a couple hours later.

I hate seeing cal continually play a guy that looks like he's throwing games... .. whether he is or not... playing him when his play is that bad... is like begging to lose games.
Another HOF take from the best analyst in the biz.

We ave been extremely fortunate in the one and done era to be able to get superbly talented players that were able to overcome their youth and compete at the highest level. This year we have a true freshman team that is playing in a vastly improved SEC that combination has proved more than these not as superbly talented young men can overcome, how anyone could even associate "hate" with these guys who chose to come to UK and play for us escapes me.
Excellent post. I don't think they are fans. If they are, they must be miserable to be around.

Rest assured, these "fans" would be posting daily about how they were right, players don't care about nothing but NBA, Cal has lost a step, etc.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Another HOF take from the best analyst in the biz.

Name a UK fan that didnt want Hami on the bench while he was playing that bad?.

Or do you take offense with my several weeks of hami playing so bad it looks like he's throwing games?? Which go look over my posts because I stated many times back then that I didnt think he was throwing games... he just was playing awful and throwing passes that always seemed to go directly to the opponents for points...

I can go back through hundreds of your posts where you constantly attack other posters to feel superior. Its your thing ... instead of adding insight to the topic... you would rather be attacking others for your jollies.

I for one love it when people resurrect these threads. Accountability is one of the most powerful and positive natural forces acting upon us.

There’s a concept in economics known as “externalities,” which means external costs. When actors internalize the costs of their behavior, they tend to make efficient decisions; that is, creating costs only when it’s truly worth it on net to do so. But when someone else bears the costs of an actor’s behavior, like when a factory pollutes in a community where its owners do not live, it tends to engage in more of the costly behavior than is socially optimal.

The anonymity and transience of the web allows these hypersensitive rage-babies to defacate all over our forum largely without consequence. It makes them feel better. But the rest of us pay the price by being exposed to their inane screeching. It makes being a Kentucky fan less fun. It makes me think I hate other Kentucky fans. It makes losses even worse. And yet, when the team turns it around and starts winning, these infants feel like they just get to jump back into the celebration with the rest of the grown-ups.

Resurrecting their posts shames them. It reminds them how stupid we think they are, how repulsive we find them. In short, it internalizes the costs of their behavior. That serves to discourage people from behaving in such a way, which in turn will make our forum a more pleasant place.

by the way.......... if I thought a UK player was really throwing games , I wouldnt mention it at all........ because I wouldnt want to give an FBI or NCAA investigator any idea to look into anything... because I love UK and I wouldnt want trouble coming our way.

I for one love it when people resurrect these threads. Accountability is one of the most powerful and positive natural forces acting upon us.

There’s a concept in economics known as “externalities,” which means external costs. When actors internalize the costs of their behavior, they tend to make efficient decisions; that is, creating costs only when it’s truly worth it on net to do so. But when someone else bears the costs of an actor’s behavior, like when a factory pollutes in a community where its owners do not live, it tends to engage in more of the costly behavior than is socially optimal.

The anonymity and transience of the web allows these hypersensitive rage-babies to defacate all over our forum largely without consequence. It makes them feel better. But the rest of us pay the price by being exposed to their inane screeching. It makes being a Kentucky fan less fun. It makes me think I hate other Kentucky fans. It makes losses even worse. And yet, when the team turns it around and starts winning, these infants feel like they just get to jump back into the celebration with the rest of the grown-ups.

Resurrecting their posts shames them. It reminds them how stupid we think they are, how repulsive we find them. In short, it internalizes the costs of their behavior. That serves to discourage people from behaving in such a way, which in turn will make our forum a more pleasant place.
An economics comparison? Really?

No it’s just petty.

by the way.......... if I thought a UK player was really throwing games , I wouldnt mention it at all........ because I wouldnt want to give an FBI or NCAA investigator any idea to look into anything... because I love UK and I wouldnt want trouble coming our way.
Oh sure. Now you say that. But you didn't say that back then. No revision allowed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT