ADVERTISEMENT

I hate this team...

I’m not a fan of any of these players. Maybe Shai. I agree with CatFan give me Joe Crawford, Ramel Bradley, or Cliff Hawkins. This is not fun to watch. It is time for this to end. These guys don’t want to be here and I honestly don’t want them here anymore.

remember the fun times the probation team, run up and down and shoot 3's. they won some but by god they tried and could care less about the NBA. I am getting sick of hearing NBA
I made the same point after the loss at UT and got flamed by a lot of posters. You are 1000% correct. This bunch doesn't care about anything but the NBA.

Reactions: susan2361
I made the same point after the loss at UT and got flamed by a lot of posters. You are 1000% correct. This bunch doesn't care about anything but the NBA.

that may be true, but NONE of them can spell NBA let alone play there
this may be the laziest, non fundamental group that I have ever seen
even grade school kids play harder & care more than this bunch

i think shai and green and richards and washington could be really good. if they get stronger/tougher they’d be dynamic college players imo. effort defensively and toughness comes with experience and that’s what they lack. maybe no leader or alpha between them, maybe it could be pj idk. but honestly i am looking forward to immanuel instead of diallo. i wonder what diallo is going to do. knox will get drafted.

These are those 3-4 year players many were begging for...but year 1 is rough when you gotta depend on those players to win games.

We should lose 2 at the most, but who knows
I'd be pretty damn stoked if we only lost diallo and Knox.

I'd like to amend my earlier statement made in the heat of the moment: I hate this team RIGHT NOW.

I HATE feeling that way about a UK team and I hope they pull it together and start "getting shit right," to quote Eric Bledsoe, our very next game.

And I'll be there till the bitter end, hoping for that turnaround, even if it does not come. (History is still on Cal's side based on previous years although I think this team has, unfortunately, too many "fatal flaws" to reach those same lofty heights after prolonged struggle... but... we will see soon enough the final chapter to this team's season.)

We ave been extremely fortunate in the one and done era to be able to get superbly talented players that were able to overcome their youth and compete at the highest level. This year we have a true freshman team that is playing in a vastly improved SEC that combination has proved more than these not as superbly talented young men can overcome, how anyone could even associate "hate" with these guys who chose to come to UK and play for us escapes me.

I'd be pretty damn stoked if we only lost diallo and Knox.

I'd like to amend my earlier statement made in the heat of the moment: I hate this team RIGHT NOW.

I HATE feeling that way about a UK team and I hope they pull it together and start "getting shit right," to quote Eric Bledsoe, our very next game.

And I'll be there till the bitter end, hoping for that turnaround, even if it does not come. (History is still on Cal's side based on previous years although I think this team has, unfortunately, too many "fatal flaws" to reach those same lofty heights after prolonged struggle... but... we will see soon enough the final chapter to this team's season.)
Wow!!!

I would actually feel MUCH better about this team, IF they all came out this week and announced that none of them are planning to leave for the NBA. It would change everyone's outlook and opinion. We could then look at them as kids that are experiencing growing pains AND growing up. Anyone who knows anything about life, realizes that experience in any endeavor, matters.They would endear themselves to the fans a great deal....

Reactions: UK till Death
how anyone could even associate "hate" with these guys who chose to come to UK and play for us escapes me.
I would agree that hate is a strong word. That said, you're absolutely fooling yourself if you think any of these guys came to UK to play for "us". These guys care more about their hair than they care about playing for you or me.

I can understand. Honestly at this point I'd take either Billy Gillispie team, or whatever anyone thinks is the worst Tubby team... over this one. Give me a probation team I dont care...they had more heart than this crap

Tubby never missed the NCAA Tournament.

Reactions: jameslee32
that may be true, but NONE of them can spell NBA let alone play there
this may be the laziest, non fundamental group that I have ever seen
even grade school kids play harder & care more than this bunch
My thoughts exactly. I've never seen such a fundamentally weak, low basketball IQ than this bunch at UK.

18 year olds. Can you remember being that age? They have been told for the last several years that they are great, that they will play in the NBA, they have been given everything imaginable, they are playing at a premier collegiate program.....and they are 18 years old. It's a bit understandable that they don't Really have a clue, about playing basketball in a tough league, in being a teammate, in trying hard, practicing hard, and playing hard, since basically most of it until now, has been pretty easy, with a well paved road of laid out for their journey to date.
I wish we had a couple of sophs or juniors, but we don't, that might help with some perspective to these young men. Collectively they, imo, just don't have aclue, as to what their task is, at present....it isn't even on their radar...they are only looking to the future....which it appears some may be messing up.

That doesn't make them bad kids, just not kids with much of a clue about what their task is now, and what it may be in the future. I wish them all clarity and luck as well.

I agree, but the problem is there is nothing but guards coming in

I don't see that as a problem. You have Johnson coming, who is a good mid-range shooter, and he will be a small forward. Then the two guards, plus Baker, are all good shooters, and that is what this team is missing, shooters. If we had some, the non-shooters could get to the rim. When we have some shooting, and a few players coming back with some experience, this team will be pretty good, next year. If we could land Montgomery, or Wiseman, then look out.

Look at me all up in my feelings. [laughing]

This season has been the least fun season in a long time.

Shit need to change because this is untenable and unsustainable for UK basketball.

I have never hated a team I don’t think, maybe BCG but this team is the least fun I have had because we were final four every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT