ADVERTISEMENT

I gotta get this off my conscience

I know. I tried to edit it, but the edit tool would only allow me to change the body of the post, not the thread title. If somebody knows how to edit a title, I'd like them to do that as a favor to me.
Look all the way at top. It says edit post. Changed with new format

Click on your thread. Look under your title heading there will be the tool

I don't post on here often, I do want to thank Dave for when he does post, I always enjoy reading whatever he has to say. I do want to share something about Gearld Fitch, I don't know him personally but I did meet him at a barnstorming tour in Pulaski county. I don't normally seek college kids autographs as I will be 59 if the good Lord lets me live until July. I probably wouldn't have stood in line to do this but a guy I worked with was taking his kid up so I went also. I got up to where they were at and I pretty much said the same thing to all of them, congratulations on a great season and career at Kentucky and good luck in your future career. Hawkins and Daneils just kinda gave a little nod without ever looking at me, but Antwain Barbour and Gerald Fitch both stood up and greeted me with a big smile and handshake and thanked me and told me that meant a lot to them. I know that may sound kinda lame to a lot of people on here but I am a lifelong fan and started watching Kentucky through the eyes of Cawood. I have only been to a half a dozen games in my life and a couple of them were exhibition games and never really met any Kentucky players so this was a big deal to me. I felt those two people understood that they had received a tremendous opportunity because of Kentucky basketball and it was the fans that made Kentucky basketball famous.

Once you are 7 feet tall or shoot like Kobe, and commit to UK, you can forget "being a kid again". It's not in the cards life has dealt you.

Believe it or not they love that spotlight. When we are graphing at team hotels, they go out of their way to ignore sandy Bell and actually seek us out. Cal sells the rock star status to these recruits. UK is one of the only basketball school like that. It's all positives. Recruits go to Kansas(wiggins) if they don't a want it.

Don't misunderstand what I meant. I know that they expect their lives to change, once they get to UK, and they have gone through some of that, at the all-star games. However, at those, they are simply playing basketball. When they come to UK, they are moving away from home, parents, friends, and having to adjust to college classwork, away games where they travel on jets, instead of buses, national media interviewing them, playing all their games on TV, and on and on. I am just saying that while most college freshmen have a little time to adjust, with most driving home on a few weekends, basketball players, at UK, do not have that luxury, and are required to grow up, very quickly, all while trying to learn to play basketball on a much different level. Yes, they sign on for this, but still, it has to be daunting, at times, and I am not sure that they can fully anticipate how much their lives actually change.

Reactions: .S&C. and Cat78Scot
Dave what kind of books do you write? Have you thought of a Kentucky book of any kind?

Dave what do I have to do to be able to move to Naples Florida? Or any awesome town in Florida for that matter?

I know. I tried to edit it, but the edit tool would only allow me to change the body of the post, not the thread title. If somebody knows how to edit a title, I'd like them to do that as a favor to me.

There is an icon of a wrench on the right side of the page, with a drop-down arrow next to that. Clicking on that gives you the option to edit the title of the thread.

Mr. Kersey;
You and I have two things in common; both love UK and can be called "old farts".
You are one of the reasons I always came to this board and Maggards, to read your insights on whatever was the days hot topic.
I appreciate all you posted.
After being a long time reader on these boards, I finally posted one day a few months ago. It seems some days you cannot ask a honest question without someone bashing the hell out of you.
My business takes me to the UL campus about 4-5 days a week. I have a few customers who have great connections to UL either thru there own business or family. I hear stuff all the time about all the crap going on there, 99% of it from people who are taking to their friends in high levels of these programs.
There is no chance in hell I would ever post what I hear. You either get labeled as a troll, a liar, cussed at, just about anything negative there is to say to you. I can see why you and a couple other long time posters I used to enjoy reading no longer post.

I wish you luck. When some of these idiot shitheads say crap about you, take a minute and read Teddy Roosevelt's poem, The Man in the Arena.
God Bless. Your a good man.

Dave,
I've read your excellent post for years and want to thank you. UK grad 1968, then info from The Cats' Pause by mail and Cawood.
A little bit different now, much more and immediate.

Fixed it for you. Always appreciated your insight etc.

Reactions: kyaddict
How's the book coming Dave? I haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well,nice to see you post again.

I have set the Civil War book off to the side....will pick it up later. I was asked to co-author a new book, and I'm well into that one. It's a fictional account of the meteoric rise and then fall of a New York City stock broker. It deals a lot with the myriads of tunnels under the city. There are about 700 miles of tunnels in the area, and some are ten levels deep. Been fun.

The second book I wrote, titled No Inner Limit, is set in the Daniel Boone forest of Kentucky, midway between Somerset and Corbin. It's doing ok as far as sales go, but nothing to brag about. I briefly mention the Kentucky Wildcats in that book. It's available at www.smashwords.com. Search for the title or my name to bring it up. You can read a portion of it for free.

I have set the Civil War book off to the side....will pick it up later. I was asked to co-author a new book, and I'm well into that one. It's a fictional account of the meteoric rise and then fall of a New York City stock broker. It deals a lot with the myriads of tunnels under the city. There are about 700 miles of tunnels in the area, and some are ten levels deep. Been fun.

The second book I wrote, titled No Inner Limit, is set in the Daniel Boone forest of Kentucky, midway between Somerset and Corbin. It's doing ok as far as sales go, but nothing to brag about. I briefly mention the Kentucky Wildcats in that book. It's available at www.smashwords.com. Search for the title or my name to bring it up. You can read a portion of it for free.

Dave, I was just curious if you're still hearing today will be the day for the Bolden announcement? Thanks. @davekersey

Dave what do I have to do to be able to move to Naples Florida? Or any awesome town in Florida for that matter?

Not Dave,but I live in St Pete,just hit 75 south.It's not a bad ride.........[winking].Dave ,have you ever been to Shoeless Joe's in Fort Meyers?

Not Dave,but I live in St Pete,just hit 75 south.It's not a bad ride.........[winking].Dave ,have you ever been to Shoeless Joe's in Fort Meyers?

Love St. Pete. Used to go every year when the cardinals (real cardinals) played at the old Al Lang stadium during spring training. Very laid back part of Florida.

Haven't heard a word. I was given Thursday as the day because it's the day the school has a school-wide auditorium, and that that's the day everyone was hoping to coordinate. Have no idea what happened to derail that. I have been to Shoeless Joe's to answer Teoj's question. There's plenty to do around Naples and Bonita Springs, which the latter town hosts the largest UK assembly for games in the area. So I don't get to Ft Myers often, it is two Shastas away after all.

Reactions: CarolinaCat11
Love St. Pete. Used to go every year when the cardinals (real cardinals) played at the old Al Lang stadium during spring training. Very laid back part of Florida.

Nice little ball park( AL Lang),spring training when I moved here was fantastic not so much any more.(30) years ago. Dave I use to stay there when in town it was a nice little sports bar and UK was always on.

Nice little ball park( AL Lang),spring training when I moved here was fantastic not so much any more.(30) years ago. Dave I use to stay there when in town it was a nice little sports bar and UK was always on.

I know man It killed me when the Cards moves to Jupiter. Aren't the Yankees in St. Petersburg now?

did you all ever visit Pass A Grille? Hubby's grandmother used to have a house there - Tampa Bay was right in front - other side of the street across from the house, and the Gulf was about 2 blocks behind her house. Was a great place to stay - there was a restaurant nearby called Silas Dent's - best key lime pie and coffee ever

did you all ever visit Pass A Grille? Hubby's grandmother used to have a house there - Tampa Bay was right in front - other side of the street across from the house, and the Gulf was about 2 blocks behind her house. Was a great place to stay - there was a restaurant nearby called Silas Dent's - best key lime pie and coffee ever

Live about 5 minutes from there,Dent's yes many times.

Reactions: Bkocats
Haven't heard a word. I was given Thursday as the day because it's the day the school has a school-wide auditorium, and that that's the day everyone was hoping to coordinate. Have no idea what happened to derail that. I have been to Shoeless Joe's to answer Teoj's question. There's plenty to do around Naples and Bonita Springs, which the latter town hosts the largest UK assembly for games in the area. So I don't get to Ft Myers often, it is two Shastas away after all.

Thanks so much for sharing your insight @davekersey!

You've been asked a lot of questions, Dave... so ignore this one if you like.. just curious if you know, by chance, Rob Marcum?
Rob Marcum I don't know, BUT, my brother married a Marcum gal who originally hailed from around Pikeville. There was a Realtor here in Naples by the name of Virgil Marcum, who strangely enough keeled over dead on the golf course in which I was playing a few holes behind him. Strange to see an ambulance blasting past me on the fairway.

Dave,

If we all knew you outside of this message board, you would be drinking free for the rest of your life.

We all appreciate you info

Reactions: Bkocats
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT