ADVERTISEMENT

I Don't Understand What The Uproar Regarding Cal Is About?

I agree about the lackadaisical, non pressing defensive philosophies of Cal.

It’s basically switch, and double the big stiff in the paint, who then throws it back out to the wide open three point shooter.

Don’t forget about the token faux-pressure the inbounds pass after a made basket until the ball is inbounded and then everybody jog down the court 5 feet off their man with heads and bodies turned completely around.

It’s the Duke loss... if you recall when we were in the Bahamas everyone thought We were going 40-0 and Cal was the G.O.A.T. We go through this same roller coaster every year with these new teams. The only way to die on a roller coaster is to jump off. So just sit back buckle up and enjoy the ride. We’ve got a great team and it’s going to be a fun season. It just takes time for these teams to gel. We will be fine in March.

Reactions: UKUGA
Their was several people including myself that has been harping for Cal to make a change on the staff for sometime. One of the names that was frequently mentioned was Penny.
If Cal had made a change And hired Penny we wouldn't be talking about this but instead talking about how good Wiseman and several other recruits are gonna look in blue.

Memphis fired Tubby because they knew they needed to hire Penny before a college coach with an IQ above 80 would make room for him on their staff.
The college game is a game of moves. If your slow to move you could be left behind wondering who the hell just bent bent you over. In this case Memphis did.

It’s the Duke loss... if you recall when we were in the Bahamas everyone thought We were going 40-0 and Cal was the G.O.A.T. We go through this same roller coaster every year with these new teams. The only way to die on a roller coaster is to jump off. So just sit back buckle up and enjoy the ride. We’ve got a great team and it’s going to be a fun season. It just takes time for these teams to gel. We will be fine in March.

You can speak for yourself, ten loss Cal is our coach And I call him 10 loss Cal for a reason.
Only the most delusional fan thinks a preseason game defines a season.

One of these days the UK fans will long for John Calipari. I hope he leaves after this year and gives the idiots the finger on his way out of town.
Yeah, and he'll take a job at a lower, major-conference with 6 returning upper class men that someone else recruited and get 2 final fours in 3 years.

Just to be clear, in his past 23 seasons, John Calipari has as many seasons with 3 or less losses as he does 10 loss seasons. In one of his 5, 10 loss seasons his team finished the year as the NCAA runner up and we have a poster who calls him 10 loss Cal. You can’t make this up and there is no cure for it.

ADVERTISEMENT