ADVERTISEMENT

What if? What if?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
There’s too many what ifs regarding Cal and his return. There is a trend on here, “what if Cal did this” “what if Cal returns players” etc….

I’ll never understand why some people still want this guy to coach this team. You are risking everything by allowing CCC to return. It wouldn’t be fair to Cal, the fans, and the players if he returns. You thought this year was toxic? You haven’t seen anything if they let him come back. This is the easiest decision of Mitch Barnhart’s entire career, you move on from Cal and try to salvage what Cal has already destroyed. Even if Cal returned players it doesn’t mean it will change and some people seem to not realize that. He will never change…..

The lunacy of those who say....there is no better coach available than Cal.....wtf.

I guess we can only hire someone that is out of work.
Yeah that argument is annoying to me. What is going to change from now and next year if they fired Cal? The same coaches will be available, but some people say maybe a coach goes on a run next year and then he becomes a target….. it’s the stupidest argument out there.

For the good of the UK program Mitch needs to fire Cal. IF he returns for another year it will be the same thing as the last 5 years. FIRE HIM !
Exactly and people think he will decide to change his ways all of a sudden. Cal had more than enough time to change and he never did. News flash a 65 year old man will never change who they are as a person. We would get another season of him acting like he’s right about everything, bashing fans who criticize him or the team, he won’t play the right players, etc….

Honestly, the only thing Cal does really well is recruit. He sucks at everything else.
I agree Calipari is probably one of the best if not the best recruiter of all time. But there’s where it ends. I just get the feeling Calipari does not care anymore, he only cares about the NBA and getting players there. He loves talking about the $4 billion in contracts and all the all-stars, and BBN doesn’t give two shits about that stuff. Calipari has done less with more than any coach in college basketball history

I do agree it’s best that Cal leaves. However, I don’t agree this is an easy decision for Mitch. He HAS HAS HAS to make the right hire if he chooses to move on. This cannot be downplayed.
Barnhart has to be positive he’s picked the right guy and he will take the job. I think Calipari should’ve been gone long ago. The milk has spoiled, you don’t put it back in the fridge and hope it gets good again!

I think letting go of Cal is the easiest decision, but he definitely needs to make a good hire
The decision might not actually be his. He might want Cal gone yesterday but he still needs to find the buyout money. People are getting too caught up in what Andy Staples said calling the buyout easy to do. It's not. The Crafts just donated $7.5 million for Nutter Field House renovations. It's not easy to come up with an extra $6 million a year until 2029.

There’s too many what ifs regarding Cal and his return. There is a trend on here, “what if Cal did this” “what if Cal returns players” etc….

I’ll never understand why some people still want this guy to coach this team. You are risking everything by allowing CCC to return. It wouldn’t be fair to Cal, the fans, and the players if he returns. You thought this year was toxic? You haven’t seen anything if they let him come back. This is the easiest decision of Mitch Barnhart’s entire career, you move on from Cal and try to salvage what Cal has already destroyed. Even if Cal returned players it doesn’t mean it will change and some people seem to not realize that. He will never change…..

It's just more vascillating between bargaining and denial by people that think the young and hungry Cal is what delivered the good years, when all the evidence tells us it was the talent n maturity of the players and the support staff that did all of the work.

The truth is that a great coach would have gotten 4 titles or more out of the talent he brought to campus, while Cal was fortunate to get one.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
It's just more vascillating between bargaining and denial by people that think the young and hungry Cal is what delivered the good years, when all the evidence tells us it was the talent n maturity of the players and the support staff that did all of the work.

The truth is that a great coach would have gotten 4 titles or more out of the talent he brought to campus, while Cal was fortunate to get one.

Cal should have at least 4 titles with the amount of talent he had, so I agree. But he doesn’t because he doesn’t make the right adjustments when needed, he expects the players to carry him all the way and it’s finally coming to light that Cal might not be the great coach everyone thought he was. You can only ride the coat tails of Anthony Davis for so long.

The decision might not actually be his. He might want Cal gone yesterday but he still needs to find the buyout money. People are getting too caught up in what Andy Staples said calling the buyout easy to do. It's not. The Crafts just donated $7.5 million for Nutter Field House renovations. It's not easy to come up with an extra $6 million a year until 2029.
Well supposedly they have the money for the buyout from what some people are reporting. Matt Jones and others have said the money is there

Well supposedly they have the money for the buyout from what some people are reporting. Matt Jones and others have said the money is there
There's no concrete reporting on that. It keeps going back and forth. I guess we'll know for sure soon.

I agree Calipari is probably one of the best if not the best recruiter of all time. But there’s where it ends. I just get the feeling Calipari does not care anymore, he only cares about the NBA and getting players there. He loves talking about the $4 billion in contracts and all the all-stars, and BBN doesn’t give two shits about that stuff. Calipari has done less with more than any coach in college basketball history
He doesn’t care. He is only trying to get these kids to the NBA. That name in the front of the jersey is only a paycheck to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT