ADVERTISEMENT

A Goal Without A Plan Is Just A Wish

jedwar

Dec 30, 2002
Rex, KY
Saw this last night and it’s so true. What was our plan to attack the matchup zone? Our defense seems to be hope they miss. This was all season. Where was the plan to play your best players and play them together. This was glaring all season. Play your best. What coach doesn’t. I can only think of one.

I think this season was derailed by these two things. Lack of planning and not playing your best lineup together. When Cal had less decisions to make regarding who to play we were a better team.

It’s dark times. Time for a change. Yes the buyout is large but it would be money well spent.

Saw this last night and it’s so true. What was our plan to attack the matchup zone? Our defense seems to be hope they miss. This was all season. Where was the plan to play your best players and play them together. This was glaring all season. Play your best. What coach doesn’t. I can only think of one.

I think this season was derailed by these two things. Lack of planning and not playing your best lineup together. When Cal had less decisions to make regarding who to play we were a better team.

It’s dark times. Time for a change. Yes the buyout is large but it would be money well spent.
So very true and I agree

That was DJ flashing to the middle and scoring 0 points. That was insane i couldve points with that role.

Reactions: chroix
No good plan to attack. I do not and won't blame the players. We had the pieces all season and certainly the pieces last night. Just never used them properly.
Totally agree . JVC shouldve used someone a bit taller and more decorated idk a guy like reed shepherd who has shown a smooth jumper from mid range all year

No good plan to attack. I do not and won't blame the players. We had the pieces all season and certainly the pieces last night. Just never used them properly.
Story of the past 3 seasons. We've had the pieces every year, if they were used right.

Reactions: chroix and jedwar

Cal has never had a plan, he is roll the ball out Cal, He doesn't pay attention to details at all. And it is obvious he doesn't know a damn thing about how to coach defense.

Cal has never had a plan, he is roll the ball out Cal, He doesn't pay attention to details at all. And it is obvious he doesn't know a damn thing about how to coach defense.
Oddly enough, I think this team was a "roll the ball out" type of team. Once the bigs got back he had to make decisons on who to play. And he messed that up the rest of the year. Could not get out of his own way. It was glaringly obvious to play Reed, Rob, Reeves as much together as possible. All this is 100% on Cal. What other job can you fail at so miserably and be retained.

My college team ran the same defense as Oakland . It’s a 2/3 match up zone - basically a zone with man to man principles
You must send a cutter through or at least run your man to man offense
Unfortunately we don’t run anything
We continually passed the ball East/west from guard to guard
He simply is a very poor Coach anymore both bench Coaching and roster construction

Cal said it before the game. He told Oakland’s coach, that he only attack zone one way and that’s how he’s gonna do it. Which that’s fine to start out the game like that but when it’s not working you make adjustments. Just like at work when we make a plan for a project and that plan starts not to work we adjust our path with the information we now have.

It's just a really bad look all the way around. Cal and Kampe were close friends. Kampe obviously knew what Cal was going to do and made a plan. Cal knew what Lampe was going to do but did nothing to prepare.

That means Cal is either completely incompetent, or he lost on purpose. Both of those choices are a reason to fire him. It's time to let the lawyers loose and see if there is some wiggle room in that contract.

By January you could see they weren’t progressing and frequently regressed and yet he did nothing. Completely wasted a great team with a lot of talent. Maybe they weren’t good enough to win it all but losing game one to a D2 school with a D3 star is just bullshit.

My college team ran the same defense as Oakland . It’s a 2/3 match up zone - basically a zone with man to man principles
You must send a cutter through or at least run your man to man offense
Unfortunately we don’t run anything
We continually passed the ball East/west from guard to guard
He simply is a very poor Coach anymore both bench Coaching and roster construction
yes the east to west action I think Cal has made that his go to and it blows

Our brilliant coach tried to force post feeds instead of getting good looks for his shooters. Our brilliant coach didn’t put his best passer in the middle of a zone like any other coach in the nation would. And then don’t get me started on the defense, that a whole other issue

Reactions: jedwar
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT