ADVERTISEMENT

I am watching some games from last year on YouTube TV and holy cow....

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
It is amazing to watch those guys absolutely run the ball down teams throats and they can't do anything about it. Louisville and VA Tech were absolutely demolished and I almost felt sorry for them. (By the way has anyone heard Bud Foster retired?) Imagine next year having most of the same O line back and having all of our RB's back along with Terry who can actually keep defenses honest with his passing. I so hope the Coronavirus doesn't cancel season because I could see us taking that next step in the SEC East.

It is amazing to watch those guys absolutely run the ball down teams throats and they can't do anything about it. Louisville and VA Tech were absolutely demolished and I almost felt sorry for them. (By the way has anyone heard Bud Foster retired?) Imagine next year having most of the same O line back and having all of our RB's back along with Terry who can actually keep defenses honest with his passing. I so hope the Coronavirus doesn't cancel season because I could see us taking that next step in the SEC East.
Don't have the entire season dvrd , but top games. Two teams we absolutely should have beaten. Next door that needs to be kicked in.

Whatever we do this year in football, BEAT TN.
We will never beat UGA consistantly until we get the TN losses under control.
We lose to TN when we have the better team, too many times. TN is like an albatross around the neck.
Get that done and UK is a playoff team.

I just came across the point in the 3rd quarter where U of L fumbled the ball out of bounds and was inches short on what would have been a 4th down in UK territory but the refs threw a flag for unecessary roughness on a U of L lineman. We of course accepted the penalty pinning them back and then Jamin Davis sacked Cunningham to make it 4th and a mile. The strange thing about it was the announcer seemed very upset that they made the call on the O-lineman when the only footage they had was from a mile away. It showed the guy throw the UK player down and then dive on top of him. There was no way to see for sure but it looked like he went for the head/neck area when he dove on him. I assume that was why, since the ref was standing right there, that he made the call. I was just amazed how upset the play by play guy seemed to be and kept bringing up that U of L wouldn't have to punt if the ref had "kept the flag in his pants".

I bitched and moaned for a couple of weeks about how an SEC team should always have a capable QB, then in the Mizzou game Gran won me over. It was obvious after that game that running Bowden in the "wildcat" every play gave us our best shot at winning. We probably would have gone 5-7 if they had thrown Walker Wood out there for the rest of the season. If we could have just gotten one more damn yard against the Vols...

Last edited:
Anytime you need a pick-me-up, turn on the University Six replay, and if you're pressed for time, start it with Satterthorpe's halftime interview where he says they need to tackle a little better and they'll be ok. Then on the 2nd play of the half, Bowden takes it to the house and it's all downhill from there. I can't decide which was better, watching Bowden laughing and shaking his head as he went into the end zone on his next TD where no one laid a hand on him, or Bowden signalling TD when CRod had barely cleared the LOS on his 64 yard TD run where he was also untouched. The only thing that would have been better would have been to have somebody on camera laughing and saying "they spozed to be ACC!"

Anytime you need a pick-me-up, turn on the University Six replay, and if you're pressed for time, start it with Satterthorpe's halftime interview where he says they need to tackle a little better and they'll be ok. Then on the 2nd play of the half, Bowden takes it to the house and it's all downhill from there. I can't decide which was better, watching Bowden laughing and shaking his head as he went into the end zone on his next TD where no one laid a hand on him, or Bowden signalling TD when CRod had barely cleared the LOS on his 64 yard TD run where he was also untouched. The only thing that would have been better would have been to have somebody on camera laughing and saying "they spozed to be ACC!"
Rjzss7J.png

I just went back and watched the highlights from the UL game. Bowden was like a damn cheat code. He was just unstoppable. Even plays he didn’t run the ball he was taking two guys outta the play. They had a LB and safety shadowing him the whole second half. That’s how Smoke got loose for the big gain. Had they not had a safety on LB I think he could have gotten into position to make a play but his first step was away from the action. I guess thinking LB might keep and reverse field. I don’t know but he was something to watch.

Not getting that one yard against the Dirty Vols was brutal but ending the season as they did against VT gave me hope this is for real and this upcoming season could be special especially on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT