ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy in Regards to Diallo

I understand that is their reasoning, but it doesn't make sense to care about their academics enough to say who gets the scholarship, but then to be completely hands off after that.
They aren't really hands off after that. They still monitor the student-athlete and determine if they are in fact meeting the terms of the scholorship offer. The scholorship is also only good for 1 year. It doesn't guarantee a 4 year ride.

But I thought Harvard didn't give athletic scholarships. Isn't that an Ivy League thing?
I'm honestly not 100% on that. They may not. However, more expensive schools like ND, Stanford, Gtown etc. are still provided 13 scholarships by the NCAA annually. But that's why a scholorship reduction is always the basic punishment by the NCAA. They have control over that.

Last edited:
let me know how you feel when its a 10+ loss team that is lucky to get to the 2nd round. with diallo and bamba, team could be special and make a run. oh well...hope Cal can pull a miracle

Being from Boston I am sure you believe people that don't contribute deserve free stuff ....

I'm honestly not 100% on that. They may not. However, more expensive schools like ND, Stanford, Gtown etc. are still provided 13 scholarships by the NCAA annually. But that's why a scholorship reduction is always the basic punishment by the NCAA. They have control over that.
You have made the classic blunder of mixing youthful arrogance with ignorance, a dangerous, and sometimes humiliating combination.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Lol, you aren't 100% on any of it.
Then prove it! If I am incorrect howcome the NCAA is currently involved in several lawsuits pertaining the student-athlete arguing they weren't provided with enough stipend money or funds for basic expenses needed by all college students?

You have made the classic blunder of mixing youthful arrogance with ignorance, a dangerous, and sometimes humiliating combination.
Did you really just use the word "ignorance" to attempt to belittle someone else in a sentence, while using incorrect grammar? :joy::joy::joy::clap::clap::clap:

Let's be honest, the anger here has nothing to do with Diallo; it doesn't have anything to do with "players first" vs "UK first"; it doesn't have anything to do with people being bigger NBA fans than UK fans.

Those that are angry don't like the OAD reality of college basketball and chose this as their soapbox. Sorry. I'm not buying it. Unless you completely ignore the complexities of a single elimination tournament, UK has been the most successful program in the nation since Cal's arrival. Guess what? Being "players first" has made "UK first". One of these days Cal will be gone and we won't get these players at the same level. When that day comes, I'm afraid we'll look back and miss the days when UK was first. I'm going to celebrate what we have. You should too.
Players first translates into UK first. The players are what makes UK.

Reactions: Kampus Korner
They don't. That's why I set jr up with the question.
Set me up? Does the fact that Harvard opts to not provide scholarships to their athletes change the fact that Diallo's scholorship cost UK nothing, and that the NCAA does in fact provide the funds for scholorships to DIV 1 and 2 schools who participate? That was your initial argument after all that you can't provide any evidence against.

Then prove it! If I am incorrect howcome the NCAA is currently involved in several lawsuits pertaining the student-athlete arguing they weren't provided with enough stipend money or funds for basic expenses needed by all college students?
Oh my I needed the laughs this morning. The NCAA is sued in those situations because they have/had rules which forbid extra payments to student athletes.

Set me up? Does the fact that Harvard opts to not provide scholarships to their athletes change the fact that Diallo's scholorship cost UK nothing, and that the NCAA does in fact provide the funds for scholorships to DIV 1 and 2 schools who participate? That was your initial argument after all that you can't provide any evidence against.
You're reaching full blown idiot levels now. Youthfulness doesn't cover for that.

Oh my I needed the laughs this morning. The NCAA is sued in those situations because they have/had rules which forbid extra payments to student athletes.
But these weren't for extra payments. They were for the basic funds pertaining to the basic cost of attending college. Extra payments would be stipend related. So no, maybe try again?

What if he played and cost us the first rd game, or 2nd rd game or sw 16 game? Would you still feel happy he played. What if he caused chemistry issues? Still feel good about it then? What if he got injured because he wasn't really prepared to go at this level yet? Still be happy he played then? So what you are really saying is he didn't give you what YOU want so it doesn't matter to you. I have 5 y/o with that level of mentality. Maybe we should set you all up with a play date.

Is this serious?

What if, what if, what if?

What if he hurt his ankle walking from the Coal Lodge to the Craft Center?

What if he choked on a nugget during lunch in the cafeteria?

What if he got a cold from touching the basketball that other players had touched first?

Good grief man. I want to win. All fans want to win. I am in favor of whatever gives us the best opportunity to do so. An elite talent like Diallo would've. No question.

You're reaching full blown idiot levels now. Youthfulness doesn't cover for that.
Yet, you can provide no substance or fact to support your opinion. You've only resorted to juvenile tactics of name calling and diversion. Classic techniques of the indigent minded.

Is this serious?

What if, what if, what if?

What if he hurt his ankle walking from the Coal Lodge to the Craft Center?

What if he choked on a nugget during lunch in the cafeteria?

What if he got a cold from touching the basketball that other players had touched first?

Good grief man. I want to win. All fans want to win. I am in favor of whatever gives us the best opportunity to do so. An elite talent like Diallo would've. No question.
So my what if's are irrelevant, but your what if he came in and played well and what if he was able to help us win aren't? That's some solid hillbilly logic.

So my what if's are irrelevant, but your what if he came in and played well and what if he was able to help us win aren't? That's some solid hillbilly logic.

Yes because we already know what the season looks like without him playing. We just watched it. Now, If he played and couldn't contribute, he wouldve just ended up sitting anyway and Cal wouldnt have played him so it wouldnt have mattered. There was no risk for the team involved with him playing. Zero.

Oh but of course the whole not getting exposed for the NBA plan wouldnt have worked then now would it?

Or he could've looked great and be projected much higher than he his now.

Yet, you can provide no substance or fact to support your opinion. You've only resorted to juvenile tactics of name calling and diversion. Classic techniques of the indigent minded.

Like calling people hillbilly and saying they have the mentality of your 5 year old?

Just a tad bit of advice. Take a break, walk away. You're making yourself look foolish today.

Like calling people hillbilly and saying they have the mentality of your 5 year old?

Just a tad bit of advice. Take a break, walk away. You're making yourself look foolish today.
Where did I call you a hillbilly? I said you are using hillbilly logic. That's just an expression, but you might be well served to learn the difference. I do apologize if you weren't able to understand that.

Ok kid, this is pretty simple. Please read line 1 of your link. D1 and D2 schools PROVIDE 2.9 BILLION IN SCHOLARSHIPS ANNUALLY. NCAA revenue is only 1 Billion annually. Remember that business discussion we had a couple weeks ago? Use that brilliant business mind of yours and tell me what's wrong with this picture.

I wont even harp on the fact that your own link says schools provide scholarships and no where does it or anything else say the NCAA funds them.

Yes because we already know what the season looks like without him playing. We just watched it. Now, If he played and couldn't contribute, he wouldve just ended up sitting anyway and Cal wouldnt have played him so it wouldnt have mattered. There was no risk for the team involved with him playing. Zero.

Oh but of course the whole not getting exposed for the NBA plan wouldnt have worked then now would it?

Or he could've looked great and be projected much higher than he his now.
That's your opinion. How many times did you see him practice or participate with the team? Do you know he was ready? Do you know he could contribute at that level in a game situation. Do you know he was 100% healthy and ready to go. Do you know him playing wouldn't have caused turmoil amongst others. Do you know this is what he always intended to do? No! It's pure speculation and assumption on your part. Do you know he plans to stay in the draft? Do you know he and Cal never planned to test the waters this year and get feedback? No! Again that's pure assumption and speculation. I'm sorry, but just because you believe
something doesn't make it factual or reality. Just curious, Would you pass up the chance to make millions and set your family up for life?

Where did I call you a hillbilly? I said you are using hillbilly logic. That's just an expression, but you might be well served to learn the difference. I do apologize if you weren't able to understand that.

Oh you didn't offend me, but like you said that's what people resort to around here when they're losing a debate. You illustrated it perfectly for all of us to see.

Ok kid, this is pretty simple. Please read line 1 of your link. D1 and D2 schools PROVIDE 2.9 BILLION IN SCHOLARSHIPS ANNUALLY. NCAA revenue is only 1 Billion annually. Remember that business discussion we had a couple weeks ago? Use that brilliant business mind of yours and tell me what's wrong with this picture.

I wont even harp on the fact that your own link says schools provide scholarships and no where does it or anything else say the NCAA funds them.
Boy, you are too stupid for words. You do realize most athletes don't get full rides right? Especially not in non-major sports. In that case the school can offer additional scholarships, private lenders and the government can provide grants and loans to help offset the cost. Of course the school is going to provide a lot of additional money in that regard. Billions when you add them all up. However, maybe you got distracted by all the big words along the way or something, we are talking about Diallo and his full scholorship at UK, which was provided by the NCAA, whether you choose to believe fact or not. This is where you seem to have the problem. You and others are claiming UK is at some financial loss because of him, yet you can provide no evidence of any of these losses.

Oh you didn't offend me, but like you said that's what people resort to around here when they're losing a debate. You illustrated it perfectly for all of us to see.
So I didn't offend you or call you a name, yet I illustrated it perfectly? How does that work?

I haven't called you anything other than kid. I did describe your behavior several times though.

Boy, you are too stupid for words. You do realize most athletes don't get full rides right? Especially not in non-major sports. In that case the school can offer additional scholarships, private lenders and the government can provide grants and loans to help offset the cost. Of course the school is going to provide a lot of additional money in that regard. Billions when you add them all up. However, maybe you got distracted by all the big words along the way or something, we are talking about Diallo and his full scholorship at UK, which was provided by the NCAA, whether you choose to believe fact or not. This is where you seem to have the problem. You and others are claiming UK is at some financial loss because of him, yet you can provide no evidence of any of these losses.
Wow is all I can say. The entire board is laughing at you at this point.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Ignorant, arrogant and idiot don't count? What was your reasoning for calling me kid?
I call you kid because I'm certain you're 17-27 years old. If you're much older than that and picking the screen name you chose, and acting like you do, well, it's a problem, in my opinion. Saying you are arrogant and ignorant is a description of your behavior. I never called you an idiot. I said you are approaching full blown idiot levels, which you are.

So I didn't offend you or call you a name, yet I illustrated it perfectly? How does that work?
Wow is all I can say. The entire board is laughing at you at this point.
Really? Just seems to be you and blue runner. I think you might be overcompensating your guys significance to this board just a bit. You are the guy who makes hilariously embarrassing attempts at putting down people's intelligence, in a vein attempt to make yourself feel better and more significant no less, while using incorrect grammar in the process. I honestly don't care if you are laughing, because, as demonstrated by your post, I doubt you really have the intelligence to even know what you're laughing at.

As for Blue Runner, I remember him arguing with someone on the football board back in the fall about how Johnson should not be named the starting QB next year. He was preaching about Johnson not showing anything of worth and how we mainly just won inspite of him because of the RB's and defense. Claimed we weren't close to winning 8 games and how delusional we all were and so on. The very next week Johnson outplayed the eventual Heisman winner, in Louisville no less, and we ended up winning 7 games and had very realistic opportunities of winning a couple other close ones. Needless to say he didn't post in that thread anymore. We all got a good chuckle out of it though. So excuse me if I can't take anything from him with even a remote ounce of credibility.

Last edited:
I call you kid because I'm certain you're 17-27 years old. If you're much older than that and picking the screen name you chose, and acting like you do, well, it's a problem, in my opinion. Saying you are arrogant and ignorant is a description of your behavior. I never called you an idiot. I said you are approaching full blown idiot levels, which you are.
No, you called me a kid in a vein attempt to get a rise. The screen name is a pun for something I actually read on this board and found hilariously creative. It's not my fault if you have a perverted mind and only associate it with one thing. Approaching idiot level, so not quite an idiot but very close. That makes it better. If I am so juvenile, arrogant and ignorant, what does that make you for arguing with me all morning?

Really? Just seems to be you and blue runner. I think you might be overcompensating your guys significance to this board just a bit. You are the guy who makes hilariously embarrassing attempts at putting down people's intelligence, in a vein attempt to make yourself feel better and more significant no less, while using incorrect grammar in the process. I honestly don't care if you are laughing, because, as demonstrated by your post, I doubt you really have the intelligence to even know what you're laughing at.

As for Blue Runner, I remember him arguing with someone on the football board back in the fall about how Johnson should not be named the starting QB next year. He was preaching about Johnson not showing anything of worth and how we mainly just won inspite of him because of the RB's and defense. Claimed we weren't close to winning 8 games and how delusional we all were and so on. The very next week Johnson outplayed the eventual Heisman winner, in Louisville no less, and we ended up winning 7 games and had very realistic opportunities of winning a couple other close ones. Needless to say he didn't post in that thread anymore. We all got a good chuckle out of it though. So excuse me if I can't take anything from him with even a remote ounce of credibility.
I think you're just trolling at this point. No one can be that arrogant.

ADVERTISEMENT