ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy in Regards to Diallo

Dablueman

Senior
Feb 5, 2003
A top basketball player brings an average of 1.5 million dollars a season worth of value to the college he plays for. The school makes money off his image television uses his likeness to not just promote the colleges up coming games but their over all coverage of college basketball.
In contrast the school provides 125 grand a year worth of value to the student. Some of our fans if that is what they are act like if Diallo stays in the draft that he somehow robbed the university and took advantage of us, because he didn't play this semester. By all accounts Diallo is known as a lock down defender. So I wonder do you think Fox's improvement at the end of the season could have anything to do with actually having a defender capable of defending him in practice.

Diallo is friends with Mo Bamba who is considering Texas and Duke. Bamba a smart kid who took a class on this very stuff on his own. Bamba got to see Cal as a coach and UK as a program show that they are willing to at least give back to these players that are making them alot of money by doing what it takes to help them realize their dreams. I wonder is that what Bamba saw when he saw K play Giles when he wasn't ready because Bolden wasn't as advertised so he had to win a few more games. Giles has lost about 10 to 20 draft spots because of that move.
All I know Harrelson credited going against Kanter in practice as to why he improved. Pretty good chance Diallo at the very least helped in that same regard. Also not only Bamba but everyone big time recruit in next year's class saw that Cal is a man of his word to go with being the coach who will help them fastest. Some if not most of these kids have already known a harder life than most fans will ever know. Yet we are acting like Diallo took advantage of us. Let me just say coming back or leaving Hami! Thank you for being here this past semester to help our team improve and to help us stay on top by putting faith in Cal and UK to do what is best for you and being an example of that to other recruits!

A top basketball player brings an average of 1.5 million dollars a season worth of value to the college he plays for. The school makes money off his image television uses his likeness to not just promote the colleges up coming games but their over all coverage of college basketball.
In contrast the school provides 125 grand a year worth of value to the student. Some of our fans if that is what they are act like if Diallo stays in the draft that he somehow robbed the university and took advantage of us, because he didn't play this semester. By all accounts Diallo is known as a lock down defender. So I wonder do you think Fox's improvement at the end of the season could have anything to do with actually having a defender capable of defending him in practice.

Diallo is friends with Mo Bamba who is considering Texas and Duke. Bamba a smart kid who took a class on this very stuff on his own. Bamba got to see Cal as a coach and UK as a program show that they are willing to at least give back to these players that are making them alot of money by doing what it takes to help them realize their dreams. I wonder is that what Bamba saw when he saw K play Giles when he wasn't ready because Bolden wasn't as advertised so he had to win a few more games. Giles has lost about 10 to 20 draft spots because of that move.
All I know Harrelson credited going against Kanter in practice as to why he improved. Pretty good chance Diallo at the very least helped in that same regard. Also not only Bamba but everyone big time recruit in next year's class saw that Cal is a man of his word to go with being the coach who will help them fastest. Some if not most of these kids have already known a harder life than most fans will ever know. Yet we are acting like Diallo took advantage of us. Let me just say coming back or leaving Hami! Thank you for being here this past semester to help our team improve and to help us stay on top by putting faith in Cal and UK to do what is best for you and being an example of that to other recruits!
Don't care.
I'm a college basketball fan.

How does he bring money into UK when he doesn't play? Can't use his image if he doesn't play.

Also, Fox had been going against Hawkins and Briscoe all season, 2 proven above average division 1 defenders. Not sure how a freshman, who dubbed himself as "not ready for college basketball, helps in that situation.

Harrelson also credited Demarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Daniel Orton, TJ, Cal, Payne, etc for his development. Not once did Harrelson say, "Kanter was the sole reason I was good my senior year."

I agree that getting mad at Diallo solves nothing. That's why I'm not mad. But it's not hard to understand why many are.

So the University made $750,000 off Diallo, really. What a joke.

This is ridiculous...If he comes back next year, we're good. If he doesn't then UK has been used and taken advantage of and I hope Mitch never lets it happen again. I sure hope you don't believe all of the stuff you posted.

This is ridiculous...If he comes back next year, we're good. If he doesn't then UK has been used and taken advantage of and I hope Mitch never lets it happen again. I sure hope you don't believe all of the stuff you posted.
lol, if Mitch is making the recruiting decisions we might as well suspend the program a few years.

It's simple. You come here to use the facilities and get the connections and get the free gear, perks, experience and training, you better contribute something.

He didn't. If by some crazy reason he does get drafted, he sure as heck should not be lumped in as being from Kentucky nor should they even say he's from Kentucky.

It's simple. You come here to use the facilities and get the connections and get the free gear, perks, experience and training, you better contribute something.

He didn't. If by some crazy reason he does get drafted, he sure as heck should not be lumped in as being from Kentucky nor should they even say he's from Kentucky.
Doubt he would have a problem with that.

A diatribe of assumptions.

I agree.

He's not from KY. Not really sure why he would say he was.

Most of Fox's improvement was due to his shot falling more consistently. Did Diallo help Fox during the year? I'm sure he did but is it enough to offset what we will be losing or have lost if Hami stays in the draft? Eh, I'm not so sure. Many on here say that we didn't lose anything on recruits but do you really think Cal wouldn't have been recruiting another SG had Diallo not been on the roster? We would have only SGA and Quade on the roster for our backcourt. That is as thin as you can get. Unless Ellen got to him and he was planning on playing Brad a lot more, of course Cal would've been out trying to get another backcourt player and we possibly could've gotten Young to come. I just believe he would've either been recruiting or grabbing a transfer from somewhere to fill that void in the backcourt. He's always went after elite SGs and I have no reason to believe this would've been different had Hami not been considered to be here for next year.

Yeah, it will look good for recruiting to show Cal is a player's first coach but did we really need this? Is that not already known? It's already obvious to everyone that Cal is a complete players first coach.

I'm not writing this post with a definitive answer to this situation as I'm kinda torn on it myself. A couple posters have brought up a few good points about the situation that has caused me to rethink my thinking about the entire thing. I do think it leaves us in a bad situation but I don't blame Cal nearly like I did a couple days ago. If Diallo does in fact leave, I think it will go against everything that Cal had planned. I think he will support Diallo (at least publically) but I don't think he would be happy and I think he would be hoodwinked by the entire situation. I just have a hard time believing that Cal knew he could leave considering he never even tried to recruit someone else. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Uh, do you understand what irrelevant means?
I do, but since you can't provide a reason as to why that would really affect him or UK at all, I am not convinced you do. So again, why would him being an irrelevant figure in UK basketball history be bad for him or UK? If he doesn't play or attempt to create a legacy here then he obviously doesn't give a shit about it. UK was relevant for decades before he existed and will be long after he decides. So please explain how it impacts anything of remote significance other than how you feel about it.

When you're drafted, they will announce you as being from a university.
No they don't! The only people that get announced as being from somewhere are international players and anyone who did not attend a college. They will say he either attended or played for UK. The first would be true because he did attend UK. The latter they likely will not say, but if they do, you can contact the NBA about it as it would be their mistake.

Diallo situation is like buying pizza and beers for a guy to help you move and then he eats and drinks everything and then bounces when the UHAUL arrives.
Could you blame him if someone else was offering him a lifetime of financial security instead of pizza and beer?

Coulda played for another team. Against us.

He didn't.

There's fans and then ya got critics doubting the intent/integrity of a young man they don't personally know at all. Universities were created to be used. Every student uses the university to better themselves, right?

He's wearing our colors. Let's hope he does what's best for him.

Could you blame him if someone else was offering him a lifetime of financial security instead of pizza and beer?

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

And you're wrong regarding the NBA Draft.

Didn't read will wait for movie.

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

who did he lie too?

I'm Michael Dell had every intention of graduating from Texas when he enrolled. Circumstances change.

Coulda played for another team. Against us.

He didn't.

There's fans and then ya got critics doubting the intent/integrity of a young man they don't personally know at all. Universities were created to be used. Every student uses the university to better themselves, right?

He's wearing our colors. Let's hope he does what's best for him.

He wasn't going to play for any team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT