ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy in Regards to Diallo

No, you called me a kid in a vein attempt to get a rise. The screen name is a pun for something I actually read on this board and found hilariously creative. It's not my fault if you have a perverted mind and only associate it with one thing. Approaching idiot level, so not quite an idiot but very close. That makes it better. If I am so juvenile, arrogant and ignorant, what does that make you for arguing with me all morning?
I realize you're smarter than the rest of us but could you please use the proper word. It's vain, not vein.

Aww, now we resort to the message board safe-word of "troll"!! That's when you know it's over.
It's been over, like a frog in a pot of heating water, you just don't realize it yet. But we can still pksy. Tell me this, how much does the NCAA spend on athletic scholarships each year?

I realize you're smarter than the rest of us but could you please use the proper word. It's vain, not vein.
I'm not honestly that intelligent. Which is why you don't see me trying to put down others intelligence using incorrect grammar and spelling in the process. You're right that I am probably smarter than you, but I would imagine that's pretty common for you.

It's been over, like a frog in a pot of heating water, you just don't realize it yet. But we can still pksy. Tell me this, how much does the NCAA spend on athletic scholarships each year?
I have no idea. I don't work in their budgeting office, do you?

Every college team that brings in potential NBA players is essentially an NBA developmental team. They are after all developing this players to make it in the NBA. What's wrong with preparing them to play at a higher level?

We have kids coming in and practicing a couple months then jumping? It's happened once so far and as you said, " he hasn't jumped yet"

This is still college, you're correct! But what is the ultimate point if going to college?

I can imagine what kind of run we would be
on if our players stick around, it's very likely the same type of run we are currently on. For decades we had players return and a vast majority even stayed four years and got degrees. Guess what? We still only have 8 titles. Lots of other teams, KU, DUKE, UNC, Zona etc.. are able to get their players to stick around and they still don't win at any higher percentage than we do. Your's and several other definition of success is defined by national championships, but by your own standards we aren't a very successful program if that's the only measuring stick.

This is all very simple. The NBA pays and typically pays well. College doesn't and (unless you're at UNC) you have to attend classes, have restrictions on the amount of coaching you can receive each week and a lot of rules you have to follow from the NCAA. Money trumps all and that's just the world we live in. No one here is going to pass up millions, I can't imagine why anyone would expect a teenager who has worked his ass off to get in this position would either. Get over yourselves and what you want and accept that what the players want is far more important to them than you.
No, the run wouldn't be the same. You think we go to the NIT in 13 if Teague and Lamb return? I sure don't.
Yeah, we used to have players return for 4 years, and yes, we didn't win any titles most of those years, but the one teeny tiny thing that you didn't mention is actually a big deal. You forgot to mention that the players we used to get, you know, the ones that stayed around for 4 years, were the Shegari Alleyne's, Bobby Perry's and Sheray Thomas' of the world.
We are getting a totally different class of player under Cal.
Nice try with that Swiss cheese argument though, but it's a fail.

No, the run wouldn't be the same. You think we go to the NIT in 13 if Teague and Lamb return? I sure don't.
Yeah, we used to have players return for 4 years, and yes, we didn't win any titles most of those years, but the one teeny tiny thing that you didn't mention is actually a big deal. You forgot to mention that the players we used to get, you know, the ones that stayed around for 4 years, were the Shegari Alleyne's, Bobby Perry's and Sheray Thomas' of the world.
We are getting a totally different class of player under Cal.
Nice try with that Swiss cheese argument though, but it's a fail.
Okay.. I am going to try and decipher this mess, because I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say. Sure having Teague and Lamb back would have been great! Except which one of them were going to replace Noel?

It's a big deal we had players like Perry, Alleyne and Thomas? Okay, why? I mean I liked them and all, but I wouldn't consider them big deal players. How many titles did they win? Hell, how many final fours where they in?

I agree we are gettting a totally different class of player under Cal and I love it. Without him and those players we would be minus 4 final fours and a NC.

Again, what's your argument?

My guess would be that Cal knew this all along and was prepared for either outcome. If Cal let him in knowing he would/might go, then there's that much more publicity and credibility with incoming kids. It's a win/win for him.

Reactions: theGspot
Really? Just seems to be you and blue runner. I think you might be overcompensating your guys significance to this board just a bit. You are the guy who makes hilariously embarrassing attempts at putting down people's intelligence, in a vein attempt to make yourself feel better and more significant no less, while using incorrect grammar in the process. I honestly don't care if you are laughing, because, as demonstrated by your post, I doubt you really have the intelligence to even know what you're laughing at.

As for Blue Runner, I remember him arguing with someone on the football board back in the fall about how Johnson should not be named the starting QB next year. He was preaching about Johnson not showing anything of worth and how we mainly just won inspite of him because of the RB's and defense. Claimed we weren't close to winning 8 games and how delusional we all were and so on. The very next week Johnson outplayed the eventual Heisman winner, in Louisville no less, and we ended up winning 7 games and had very realistic opportunities of winning a couple other close ones. Needless to say he didn't post in that thread anymore. We all got a good chuckle out of it though. So excuse me if I can't take anything from him with even a remote ounce of credibility.

You sure do have a great memory. Its almost like you started a new account since you were being blocked by everyone left and right with your other one. Hmmmm

Yeah I remember that topic...still say our defense and RBs carried us...still say a couple of our games could've fallen either way....still say Johnson has flaws.

And the reason I left the thread was because you (I remember you now) and some other college kid (which was prob you) resorted to making it about race. I was all of a sudden a big racist because I said Johnson can't hit the intermediate routes. lmfao

Should've recognized you a mile away. No more feeding the trolls for me today...im out.

You sure do have a great memory. Its almost like you started a new account since you were being blocked by everyone left and right with your other one. Hmmmm

Yeah I remember that topic...still say our defense and RBs carried us...still say a couple of our games could've fallen either way....still say Johnson has flaws.

And the reason I left the thread was because you (I remember you now) and some other college kid (which was prob you) resorted to making it about race. I was all of a sudden a big racist because I said Johnson can't hit the intermediate routes. lmfao

Should've recognized you a mile away. No more feeding the trolls for me today...im out.
Whatever helps you feel better about it, Bruh. Peace!

My guess would be that Cal knew this all along and was prepared for either outcome. If Cal let him in knowing he would/might go, then there's that much more publicity and credibility with incoming kids. It's a win/win for him.
you seem like the type that just "drinks and knows things"!

Reactions: Deli owl
Okay.. I am going to try and decipher this mess, because I honestly have no clue what you're trying to say. Sure having Teague and Lamb back would have been great! Except which one of them were going to replace Noel?

It's a big deal we had players like Perry, Alleyne and Thomas? Okay, why? I mean I liked them and all, but I wouldn't consider them big deal players. How many titles did they win? Hell, how many final fours where they in?

I agree we are gettting a totally different class of player under Cal and I love it. Without him and those players we would be minus 4 final fours and a NC.

Again, what's your argument?
Wow, you butchered that.
First, if we have Lamb and Teague, the dynamics of the team are totally different and Noel probably never injures his knee on that play.
But lets say he does, we would have 2 guards capable of getting UK to the tournament and winning some games when they get there.
Second, you proved the point I was trying to make. YOU are the one that said we didn't win when we had 4 year guys, I was the one that said "yeah, that's because we had players like Shegari, Bobby Perry and Sherray, now we are getting a better class of player". I didn't say THEY were "big deal" players, I said it was a "big deal that you left out the part where we were getting players like Sherray, Bobby and Shegari back then". You only wanted to say we couldn't win with 4 year players, but you left out the part where those 4 year players were 2* guys.

Wow, you butchered that.
First, if we have Lamb and Teague, the dynamics of the team are totally different and Noel probably never injures his knee on that play.
But lets say he does, we would have 2 guards capable of getting UK to the tournament and winning some games when they get there.
Second, you proved the point I was trying to make. YOU are the one that said we didn't win when we had 4 year guys, I was the one that said "yeah, that's because we had players like Shegari, Bobby Perry and Sherray, now we are getting a better class of player". I didn't say THEY were "big deal" players, I said it was a "big deal that you left out the part where we were getting players like Sherray, Bobby and Shegari back then". You only wanted to say we couldn't win with 4 year players, but you left out the part where those 4 year players were 2* guys.
I think you missed the whole point of what I was originally saying, because you're agreeing with everything I said, other than I don't honestly think having Teague and Lamb was going to make a huge difference that year. We just didn't have enough quality frontcourt players to overcome that injury. If I am not mistaken, didn't that happen on a rebound or block attempt. I don't see how changing the personnel on the floor would influence that one way or the other. The kid was the type of player that gave his all and went hard as hell everytime, irregardless of who was playing with him. Teague and Lamb weren't going to change that.
We sucked in those years because we didn't have a great recruiter who was willing to take the chances Cal is. His "players first" mentality is what has helped get us all these great players. You're going to have some that don't pan out every once in a while. Just put Diallo in that category if he goes and move on with life. No one on this board has any control over it and questioning Cal or the model he's implemented to make us so successful is just dumb.

I think you missed the whole point of what I was originally saying, because you're agreeing with everything I said, other than I don't honestly think having Teague and Lamb was going to make a huge difference that year. We just didn't have enough quality frontcourt players to overcome that injury. If I am not mistaken, didn't that happen on a rebound or block attempt. I don't see how changing the personnel on the floor would influence that one way or the other. The kid was the type of player that gave his all and went hard as hell everytime, irregardless of who was playing with him. Teague and Lamb weren't going to change that.
We sucked in those years because we didn't have a great recruiter who was willing to take the chances Cal is. His "players first" mentality is what has helped get us all these great players. You're going to have some that don't pan out every once in a while. Just put Diallo in that category if he goes and move on with life. No one on this board has any control over it and questioning Cal or the model he's implemented to make us so successful is just dumb.
The injury happened when our guards turned the ball over and Noel chased the Floria player down to block the layup.
Changing personnel would change the whole dynamic, but, we really can't just assume that having Teague and Lamb would change Noel's knee injury.
I'll leave it at that, the train in this convo has fallen off the tracks.

The real hypocrisy of Diallo falls on Cal. He didn't think he was good enough to play a min, but he now encourages this kid to test the NBA waters. Really?? Not good enough to play in college, but NBA ready?

The injury happened when our guards turned the ball over and Noel chased the Floria player down to block the layup.
Changing personnel would change the whole dynamic, but, we really can't just assume that having Teague and Lamb would change Noel's knee injury.
I'll leave it at that, the train in this convo has fallen off the tracks.
The thing is different guards still have turnovers. No matter how good and experienced, it happens. Noel, who was a great defender, would have made the same play regardless. Albeight, you're saying Teague would likely not make such a bone headed mistake, and I don't disagree. However, at some point a similar mistake was likely that could have resulted in the same outcome. Regardless that was the only team in Cal's tenure I have had low expectations for, and that wasn't even until his injury. I love Cal and sure as hell don't want to go back to the Gillespie or Tubby days.

The real hypocrisy of Diallo falls on Cal. He didn't think he was good enough to play a min, but he now encourages this kid to test the NBA waters. Really?? Not good enough to play in college, but NBA ready?
I don't think they ever said he wasn't good enough to play, just not ready to come in and contribute in the middle of the season. It took our players more than half the season to just get good defensively, why would you expect him to pick it up in a few weeks, especially coming in mid season? Going to participate in the combine and playing NBA games are two different things. If he is lucky enough to get drafted this year, he will still have all summer to train, practice and participate in the summer league. Then they also have the pre-season. That's a few months to adjust. You all seem to have this understanding that participating in the combine is the same as playing the Warriors or Cavs.....It's not!

He had months to get up to speed. What we're being told was someone who is apparently talented enough to play in the NBA wasn't talented enough to get on the court after months of practicing with the team. That simply doesn't make any sense. Look, I know it's not that simple, and I'm blowing it out of proportion. It's just frustrating.

He had months to get up to speed. What we're being told was someone who is apparently talented enough to play in the NBA wasn't talented enough to get on the court after months of practicing with the team. That simply doesn't make any sense. Look, I know it's not that simple, and I'm blowing it out of proportion. It's just frustrating.
Months? It was less than 90 days. He didn't come until January the season was over in March. The other guys were he last June and didn't get good defensively until February. Come on man, at least be factual.

Reactions: brianpoe
90 days is 'months'. Again, if he's good enough for the NBA, he was good enough to contribute after even two months of practicing. They aren't assembling a rocket ship, man. It's playing a game he's played his entire life. You're saying he's incapable of learning a few set plays and a defensive scheme in two months of practice?

90 days is 'months'. Again, if he's good enough for the NBA, he was good enough to contribute after even two months of practicing. They aren't assembling a rocket ship, man. It's playing a game he's played his entire life. You're saying he's incapable of learning a few set plays and a defensive scheme in two months of practice?
You haven't been a part of many team sports at a respectable level have you? If it's so easy then howcome it took the other guys until Feb to catch on to defense? I mean, if it's so easy why do they practice so much and so few guys actually make it to the NBA? I didn't realize the NBA only drafted guys who were ready to contribute from day 1. I had this really weird memory of them drafting a lot of
players on potential or what they hope they can become. Why didn't Gabriel and SKJ catch on so easily?

Last edited:
You haven't been a part of many team sports at a respectable level have you? If it's so easy then howcome it took the other guys until Feb to catch on to defense? I mean, if it's so easy why do they practice so much and so few guys actually make it to the NBA? I didn't realize the NBA only drafted guy who were ready to contribute from day 1. I had this really weird memory of them drafting a lot of
players on potential a what they hope they can become. Why didn't Gabriel and SKJ catch on so easily?

Gabriel and SKJ don't have their names in the NBA draft. You're acting as if Diallo had never pkayed the game of basketball before arriving on campus. I know there's a learning process. I get it. But he's being told he can a be a professional at his craft. A professional. Yet, you think he's incapable of contributing at a much lower level after practicing with a team for months. And yes, I played plenty of team sports in my life, and realize it's not rocket science. I bet you anyone of Monk, Fox, Bam, or Briscoe could have been magically transported to a new team mid season and gotten on the court after two months of practice. These guys have played their entire lives. You make it sound as if Diallo was adjusting to a whole new planet or something.

Gabriel and SKJ don't have their names in the NBA draft. You're acting as if Diallo had never pkayed the game of basketball before arriving on campus. I know there's a learning process. I get it. But he's being told he can a be a professional at his craft. A professional. Yet, you think he's incapable of contributing at a much lower level after practicing with a team for months. And yes, I played plenty of team sports in my life, and realize it's not rocket science. I bet you anyone of Monk, Fox, Bam, or Briscoe could have been magically transported to a new team mid season and gotten on the court after two months of practice. These guys have played their entire lives. You make it sound as if Diallo was adjusting to a whole new planet or something.
This is so delusional. No, again he was not here practicing for months as you keep trying to spin. He was here the 2nd week of January until the season ended in March. He was here roughly 8 weeks before the reg season ended. He showed up at the exact time teams are usually building around there core guys, which we were. He came here directly from a prep school, where he was playing HS Guys. That is a huge jump from there to D-1 at U.K. He wasn't expected to be a great shooter, exactly the opposite in fact. Shooting was the area in the backcourt we needed most help. His skill set was using his athleticism to attack the rim and finish, which we already had a few guys that could do it well. Again, what gives you the impression he should have been an able defender after a few weeks when the others guys weren't after almost 8 months?

This is so delusional. No, again he was not here practicing for months as you keep trying to spin. He was here the 2nd week of January until the season ended in March. He was here roughly 8 weeks before the reg season ended. He showed up at the exact time teams are usually building around there core guys, which we were. He came here directly from a prep school, where he was playing HS Guys. That is a huge jump from there to D-1 at U.K. He wasn't expected to be a great shooter, exactly the opposite in fact. Shooting was the area in the backcourt we needed most help. His skill set was using his athleticism to attack the rim and finish, which we already had a few guys that could do it well. Again, what gives you the impression he should have been an able defender after a few weeks when the others guys weren't after almost 8 months?
Look, we're just gonna agree to disagree. You think he was incapable of contributing. I think differently. Ultimately no one will ever know. I'm not knocking your logic. I mostly agree with you. I'm only saying if he's good enough to be among the best in the world, I'm pretty sure he could've contributed. It's basketball, not brain surgery on Mars with no sight.

Look, we're just gonna agree to disagree. You think he was incapable of contributing. I think differently. Ultimately no one will ever know. I'm not knocking your logic. I mostly agree with you. I'm only saying if he's good enough to be among the best in the world, I'm pretty sure he could've contributed. It's basketball, not brain surgery on Mars with no sight.
I don't disagree that he probably could have come in and played for the sake of playing, but I don't think with roughly 8 weeks of practice, in the middle of the season no less, was going to put him in the position to help us out more than just a quick breather here or there. I'm not knocking you either, I'm just trying to be as realistic about the whole situation as possible. I don't want to lose him this year, and will think it sucks for us if he does go. I'm also not even going to entertain the idea he could have been the difference between a title or elite 8. To me that's just a bit unrealistic. I do strongly think, ready or not, that if he gets a first round guarantee he has to take it. Not taking it would be like having a winning poweball ticket, then not cashing it in hoping for a bigger payday.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I don't disagree that he probably could have come in and played for the sake of playing, but I don't think with roughly 8 weeks of practice, in the middle of the season no less, was going to put him in the position to help us out more than just a quick breather here or there. I'm not knocking you either, I'm just trying to be as realistic about the whole situation as possible. I don't want to lose him this year, and will think it sucks for us if he does go. I'm also not even going to entertain the idea he could have been the difference between a title or elite 8. To me that's just a bit unrealistic. I do strongly think, ready or not, that if he gets a first round guarantee he has to take it. Not taking it would be like having a winning poweball ticket, then not cashing it in hoping for a bigger payday.

Yeah, not trying to argue he would've made the difference between a title or not. Just that he probably could've seen some court time. I think he's gone. Probably similar to Bam's decision. When you're so close to all that money, it's nearly impossible for these guys to not simply reach out and take it.

Yeah, not trying to argue he would've made the difference between a title or not. Just that he probably could've seen some court time. I think he's gone. Probably similar to Bam's decision. When you're so close to all that money, it's nearly impossible for these guys to not simply reach out and take it.
I don't think anyone would not reach out and take that kind of money. It's life changing amounts. Not just for them, but their families as well.

He could go and I wouldn't be shocked at all. In theis case though, I think he probably gets enough feedback from teams telling him to come back. They have never seen him play outside of HS, and it sounds as though he's not going to play in the scrimmages at the combine. That will make it really hard for GM's to get a decent enough read on him to pull the trigger on that kind of risk. His shots a huge question mark at this point and it's pretty hard to justify spending millions on a shooting guard that can't shoot. His athleticism is his strength, but the draft is full of top tier athletes. I don't honestly think that alone set him apart from many.

Last edited:

So who is our little wizard?

Bgognat02. Probabaly other names as well. That name disappeared around here right before this little wiz appeared in Feb. Truly amazing by recalling conversations in detail that took place back in Nov before this account even existed. Total clown.
How dare someone get a new name and a have a solid memory. What a clown he must be.

Bgognat02. Probabaly other names as well. That name disappeared around here right before this little wiz appeared in Feb. Truly amazing by recalling conversations in detail that took place back in Nov before this account even existed. Total clown.
Yep, that's him. It'll be short lived again.

Reactions: BlueRunner11
Eveything else aside, we've definitely got a vocal minority who would have no problem with one or two guys doing this yearly. They are NBA fans or rival fans, they don't give a rip about this roster. They'd gladly allow this program to play zero games and send everyone pro as to "not reveal anything to scouts". They are sick in the head and these types would damage this program beyond repair if given the chance.

Pathetic.
Lol, wut?

So is this what's going to happen now? We're going to have people running all over the board trying to call people out for things they posted?
Okay, well, if you're going to do that, at least do it right and call out the correct people.

Do we get to quote the people who said Bamba to UK? Ha. No one gives a crap about being wrong on a guy feeling forced to come back and help win a title.

Is this serious?

What if, what if, what if?

What if he hurt his ankle walking from the Coal Lodge to the Craft Center?

What if he choked on a nugget during lunch in the cafeteria?

What if he got a cold from touching the basketball that other players had touched first?

Good grief man. I want to win. All fans want to win. I am in favor of whatever gives us the best opportunity to do so. An elite talent like Diallo would've. No question.
You have no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT