ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy in Regards to Diallo

Diallo situation is like buying pizza and beers for a guy to help you move and then he eats and drinks everything and then bounces when the UHAUL arrives.
More like we moved his stuff while he watched bc it could have potentially hurt his back. And when it was all said n done he didn't have the courtesy to buy us some pizza and beer.

Reactions: JC43 and KingOfBBN
It would be," Diallo doesn't care either,". English can be hard for the English speaking.
Lol, ohh the irony of trying to diminish someone else's intelligence when you weren't smart enough to understand the post. Too funny! [roll]

Reactions: ib4ky
Most of Fox's improvement was due to his shot falling more consistently. Did Diallo help Fox during the year? I'm sure he did but is it enough to offset what we will be losing or have lost if Hami stays in the draft? Eh, I'm not so sure. Many on here say that we didn't lose anything on recruits but do you really think Cal wouldn't have been recruiting another SG had Diallo not been on the roster? We would've have only on SGA and Quade on the roster. Of course he would've been out trying to get another backcourt player and we possibly could've gotten Young to come. I just believe he would've either been recruiting or grabbing a transfer from somewhere to fill that void in the backcourt. He's always went after elite SGs and I have no reason to believe this would've been different had Hami not been considered to be here for next year.

Yeah, it will look good for recruiting to show Cal is a player's first coach but did we really need this? Is that not already known? It's already obvious to everyone that Cal is a complete players first coach.

I'm not writing this post with a definitive answer to this situation as I'm kinda torn on it myself. A couple posters have brought up a few good points about the situation that has caused me to rethink my thinking about the entire thing. I do think it leaves us in a bad situation but I don't blame Cal nearly like I did a couple days ago. If Diallo does in fact leave, I think it will go against everything that Cal had planned. I think he will support Diallo (at least publically) but I don't think he would be happy and I think he would be hoodwinked by the entire situation. I just have a hard time believing that Cal knew he could leave considering he never even tried to recruit someone else. Just my opinion though.
I think your thoughts are spot on. I believe HD is doing as suggested by Cal to learn where he needs to improve If hIs family is so in need, screw all of you who forsake this young man; are any of you stepping up to fund his families needs: I think not. The hypocrites who scandalize a player coming here are guaranteed underachieving, possom shooting trailer trash. If you can't wish a better life for your fellow man, be a lewisville fan. Good day to many of you double wide, eat up with hate and envy types. You( for the most part, never went to college. If you did, it was cc and you likely didn't finish. I like all UK fans, want HD to be a freshman/sophomore at UK next year, but I pray to God daily for my fellow man, not UKbasketball.
Lol, ohh the irony of trying to diminish someone else's intelligence when you weren't smart enough to understand the post. Too funny! [roll]
do your stupid rolly smiley face. That makes your idiotic comments, more idiotic. Please follow up with distractions/whatever, rather than an informed statement.

Reactions: Big_Blue_Skidoo
Wow, rolly smiley faces, the tools of a 10 year old, impressive, to a 9 year old. DA$$

Having high profile recruits come to UK mid year but then get drafted into the first round of the NBA without ever playing for UK is good for our Kentucky basketball program. This only further reinforces Cal's brand as a player's first coach. This will pay dividends in future recruiting. Similar uber talented players and their parents in the future will take note of this serious "player's first" commitment. It will help to give UK (as long as Coach Cal is here) the benefit of doubt and perhaps be the tipping point in helping recruits and their parents opt for UK over others.

It is clear that as long as there is a "one and done" rule and Cal is our coach, we will have a radical turnover in players every year. While I would like for these players to stay longer, as long as Cal is achieving the incredible success he has experienced compared to other former UK coaches, I'm all for his approach. Keep 'em coming and going Cal.

[roll][roll][roll]
I think your thoughts are spot on. I believe HD is doing as suggested by Cal to learn where he needs to improve If hIs family is so in need, screw all of you who forsake this young man; are any of you stepping up to fund his families needs: I think not. The hypocrites who scandalize a player coming here are guaranteed underachieving, possom shooting trailer trash. If you can't wish a better life for your fellow man, be a lewisville fan. Good day to many of you double wide, eat up with hate and envy types. You( for the most part, never went to college. If you did, it was cc and you likely didn't finish. I like all UK fans, want HD to be a freshman/sophomore at UK next year, but I pray to God daily for my fellow man, not UKbasketball.

do your stupid rolly smiley face. That makes your idiotic comments, more idiotic. Please follow up with distractions/whatever, rather than an informed statement.
Aww, the butt hurt is strong with you!! Hahaha [roll][roll][roll]

I'm not sure if anyone is aware yet but diallo entered the draft but didn't hire an agent. He's currently a second round pick. I just heard about it in the other 56 threads. TBH, I'm tired of wondering if he will be back and getting my hopes up. I hope he makes up his damn mind. I expected him to test the waters I just hope he keeps his word and returns. Either way, I'm sick of playing the waiting game if he's leaving just go ahead and say it. I for one am done waiting for this bs to play out

By the way, your : should be a ?, and possum, as you evidently believe it's spelled, is actually spelled Opossum! Also, hIs shouldn't have an upper-case I in the middle of it and double-wide should have included a hyphen between it. Nor would it be "eat up with hate", they would be eaten up. So, I guess as you said, "English can be hard for the English speaking." However, please continue to demonstrate that high level of intelligence and education that you seem to think is so superior.

Last edited:
A top basketball player brings an average of 1.5 million dollars a season worth of value to the college he plays for. The school makes money off his image television uses his likeness to not just promote the colleges up coming games but their over all coverage of college basketball.
In contrast the school provides 125 grand a year worth of value to the student. Some of our fans if that is what they are act like if Diallo stays in the draft that he somehow robbed the university and took advantage of us, because he didn't play this semester. By all accounts Diallo is known as a lock down defender. So I wonder do you think Fox's improvement at the end of the season could have anything to do with actually having a defender capable of defending him in practice.

Diallo is friends with Mo Bamba who is considering Texas and Duke. Bamba a smart kid who took a class on this very stuff on his own. Bamba got to see Cal as a coach and UK as a program show that they are willing to at least give back to these players that are making them alot of money by doing what it takes to help them realize their dreams. I wonder is that what Bamba saw when he saw K play Giles when he wasn't ready because Bolden wasn't as advertised so he had to win a few more games. Giles has lost about 10 to 20 draft spots because of that move.
All I know Harrelson credited going against Kanter in practice as to why he improved. Pretty good chance Diallo at the very least helped in that same regard. Also not only Bamba but everyone big time recruit in next year's class saw that Cal is a man of his word to go with being the coach who will help them fastest. Some if not most of these kids have already known a harder life than most fans will ever know. Yet we are acting like Diallo took advantage of us. Let me just say coming back or leaving Hami! Thank you for being here this past semester to help our team improve and to help us stay on top by putting faith in Cal and UK to do what is best for you and being an example of that to other recruits!
Giles had multiple knee surgeries, so when he played he sucked that let NBA GM know his knees will always be a problem. Apples to oranges with Dallio, who is very healthy and fans were saying is he should have helped us, we needed him. If he chose himself not to play because he was scared his draft stock would fall, then he probably should not play in the NBA anyway he will be exposed. I believe that Cal sat him out on an agreement to learn, then lead next year because Cal new we were losing so many players this year as i find it hard to believe the #1 SG in the COUNTRY and the King of New York would be so scared, he held himself out of the line up.

These kids are SOOO competitive that it would be a weird anomaly if true. But like everyone said, it does not make sense, he is scared to play college but not NBA??? Thats a huge head scratcher but oh well, its water under the bridge now.

I hope he stays but I live in reality if he goes. Ppl act like if they had a chance at their dream job they would turn it down for volunteer work.
You are missing the point. No one is upset about him going pro, it's the handling of the situation. No way in Hell do I think Cal should have let him come just to be a practice player, but I'm old school and out of touch with the selfish society.

You are missing the point. No one is upset about him going pro, it's the handling of the situation. No way in Hell do I think Cal should have let him come just to be a practice player, but I'm old school and out of touch with the selfish society.
Cal kept pushing the OAD envelope until it fell off the table in this case

Diallo's doing the right thing.

Kentucky's pr department has mismanaged this badly. He's being coached on how to handle it.

They led the fanbase to believe the odds of him leaving were very slim and that's on the people telling him how to go about doing this.

Also, Kentucky fans are victims here. Don't buy into the virtue signaling. ESPN, recruits and even coach Cal use us for marketing and to create buzz and hype and then vilify us when we react negatively to that.

Diallo himself has done zero wrong.

Reactions: Jazzycat
No they don't! The only people that get announced as being from somewhere are international players and anyone who did not attend a college. They will say he either attended or played for UK. The first would be true because he did attend UK. The latter they likely will not say, but if they do, you can contact the NBA about it as it would be their mistake.

Actually since he never played at UK I imagine he would be announces as coming from his high school if he were to stay in the draft and get drafted, but .. I could be wrong

Cal kept pushing the OAD envelope until it fell off the table in this case

Good analogy. Given his success at recruiting players with unquestionable character, making them better and winning games at this rate, I'm not gonna grumble about it.

Folks, we're blaming the wrong person here.

Diallo didn't just arrive on campus mid season uninvited and say "hey guys, i'm gonna hang out here for 3 months...don't mind me..."

Now the OAD debate is one thing, but at the very least those kids contribute, win 28+ games, and advance in the tourney.

This Diallo situation is a whole new can of worms I'm not sure I want opened.

If Cal truly thought this kid was going to return, that is one thing. If Cal had some inclination that HD was never planning on spending more than 3-4 months on campus, that is another somewhat concerning thing.

Last edited:
all this Diallo angst isn't changing Cal's approach or the mindset of young kids trying to get to the NBA.

all it does is provide fodder for opposing fans who school isn't capable of getting one and dones (or none and done)

I don't see the value of trashing Diallo for make the same decision we would make if we were in his shoes (and don't even try to tell me you're such a UK fans you'd give up millions as a 19 year old for the chance to play one year for UK - nope, not even hearing that noise)

At the same time, I don't see the value of trying to sell fans on Diallo's time at UK (should he not come back). Its speculative at best and serves no one.

I believe we as a fan base should just wish him well in however this plays out and be prepared to welcome him next year should he return without all the butthurt in the off season.

If he were to go pro we chalk it up as the "cost of doing business" in the one and done model. If Cal were to stay 10 more years, we'd probably have 2 or 3 more Diallo situations before it was said and done.

Last edited:
We really needed another Diallo thread.
We
How does he bring money into UK when he doesn't play? Can't use his image if he doesn't play.

Also, Fox had been going against Hawkins and Briscoe all season, 2 proven above average division 1 defenders. Not sure how a freshman, who dubbed himself as "not ready for college basketball, helps in that situation.

Harrelson also credited Demarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Daniel Orton, TJ, Cal, Payne, etc for his development. Not once did Harrelson say, "Kanter was the sole reason I was good my senior year."

I agree that getting mad at Diallo solves nothing. That's why I'm not mad. But it's not hard to understand why many are.
Funny I saw him on tv all the time. I see stories written. All of which is publicity I was generalizing and pointing out big time basketball has made alot of money off these kids to act like a kid is taking advantage of us.

So the University made $750,000 off Diallo, really. What a joke.
Did I say that? No they make those totals off of top players he did not play my point is we are being hypocrites to be angry over one kid doing this when the money made off the top players is way more than they receive. Is Bamba comes here and it's because he liked what we did for Diallo and we was to win a title how much value was he then. Pick and choose your arguing points and leave out that which you cant argue against. Wow you told me

This is ridiculous...If he comes back next year, we're good. If he doesn't then UK has been used and taken advantage of and I hope Mitch never lets it happen again. I sure hope you don't believe all of the stuff you posted.
Why? But it's ok for you to go to the opposite extreme? Like I said hypocrites. Do you honestly not think his good friend Bamba isn't paying attention? Or other top recruits. You claim he gives us no value and us having a practice players with his abilities isn't valuable? Or how he was helped out won't help with recruiting

Haha at the practice statements. Yeah, I bet there's no way Fox and Monk would've been as good without a guy joining practice in January. I'm sure Ryan Harrow was also one of the main reasons why the 2012 team won the title. Haha
Extreme much? I didn't say he was the reason. I said he helped and there for added value. Plus once again ignore he points about recruiting cause it doesn't fit ur agenda. So take a statement that is true that practicing against better players help you get better and skew it like i actually said he was the only reason those guys were good.

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC
It's simple. You come here to use the facilities and get the connections and get the free gear, perks, experience and training, you better contribute something.

He didn't. If by some crazy reason he does get drafted, he sure as heck should not be lumped in as being from Kentucky nor should they even say he's from Kentucky.
So if Bamba comes here because he liked how Cal looked out for his friend and we win a championship next season because Bamba is here then Diallo contributed nothing my point is it's all hypocritical. Big time colleges make alot of money off of kids alot more than the kids receive. So why are you not up in arms against colleges taking advantage of players

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

And you're wrong regarding the NBA Draft.
Oh the kids a liar now. Cal said this is the plan he hasnt signed with an agent. So if I plan to go to a school to learn a trade this part trade does not require me to finish the program to work in the field I am interested in. Well my plan and intentions would be to finish the program to get a job. Well when I get to class I find out I am already qualified to work at the top of my field. That makes me a liar for going ahead and taking the job? Everybody involved has said this was the plan don't see a lie

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

And you're wrong regarding the NBA Draft.
Cal has been clear he was aware so u keep implying someonr mislead people is bs. Plus what do you people not get about how big a recruiting help this is Bamba is a game changer. His length and shot blocking can dominate a game without a point. He and Diallo are friends. what do you think are chances would be with Bamba if we had not of taken Diallo?

Kentucky's pr department has mismanaged this badly. He's being coached on how to handle it.

They led the fanbase to believe the odds of him leaving were very slim and that's on the people telling him how to go about doing this.

Also, Kentucky fans are victims here. Don't buy into the virtue signaling. ESPN, recruits and even coach Cal use us for marketing and to create buzz and hype and then vilify us when we react negatively to that.

I agree that Diallo has done nothing wrong. However, I have not seen any evidence that UK's "PR Department" has mismanaged fan expectations of Diallo testing the waters in the NBA. On the other hand, at the time Diallo signed with UK, I read a number of articles where "so called" NBA talent evaluators and others opined that they didn't think Diallo would be drafted in the first round of the NBA. This speculation created the impression in the minds of many UK fans that Diallo was going to return to UK and thus would not have himself evaluated at the NBA combine.

I have not see UK make any statements one way or the other regarding Diallo's likelihood of going professional without ever having played in a game for Kentucky. As I recall, at the time Diallo signed with Kentucky, there was mention made that he might participate in the NBA combine at the end of the season. Moreover, Cal has always encouraged his players to submit themselves for NBA evaluation. Thus, it should come as no surprise to UK fans that Diallo is now going through this NBA evaluation process.

no uk fans invented this from the start because they are a paranoid and stupid lot

no uk fans invented this from the start because they are a paranoid and stupid lot

I'm sorry. But that is bullshit.

How many times did he say the plan is to be here next year? He waited till the last second to declare likely at the advice of those leading him.

More fan hating, trolling crap the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Cal has been clear he was aware so u keep implying someonr mislead people is bs. Plus what do you people not get about how big a recruiting help this is Bamba is a game changer. His length and shot blocking can dominate a game without a point. He and Diallo are friends. what do you think are chances would be with Bamba if we had not of taken Diallo?

Just some quotes

“Me and Coach have spoken. I came here with a certain plan, so the biggest thing for me is sticking to that plan,” Diallo said in his first meeting with Kentucky media on Friday. “This semester is preparing me for next year. It’s been hard to do, but it’s a plan that I had well thought about before coming, so this is a plan that I think is best for me to stick to.”

For right now, we’re just sticking to the plan of me sitting for the semester and getting better on the court and competing with these guys in practice,” Diallo said

On not playing

“It was ultimately my call. Cal just respected it. I mean, he didn’t know what I wanted to do at first. When I told him I was thinking about coming early he thought I wanted to play, but I told him I just wanted to come and get better on the court and just develop my skills and get prepared for next year. He just respected that and told me that if I felt like that was the best decision for me then so be it.”

Then this one

“I can’t wait to play with that group,” Diallo said of next year’s team and the incoming Wildcats. “I feel like once we get in the gym we’re going to be a great team. We’re just all going to want to play for each other. I just can’t wait to get with that group in the gym and just see everyone and be with everyone every day, just like I am with these guys every day.”

Yeah, how could we possibly be mislead that he intended to play with next year's class?

If he stays in the draft, I think it will validate that many on here believe, he used Kentucky and had no intentions of playing.

How many times has a coach, with a contract, BTW, said he's staying at a certain school only to leave for a better job a few weeks or months later?

And yeah, people rarely like it, but the level of outrage generally seems pretty low compared to what's being displayed in regards to Diallo by certain people on this board.

We

Funny I saw him on tv all the time. I see stories written. All of which is publicity I was generalizing and pointing out big time basketball has made alot of money off these kids to act like a kid is taking advantage of us.
The very few times when they showed the bench cheering the team, or during timeouts? Those moments can be measured in seconds.

The stories generated were largely based off whether he would even play or not. Of said stories he said he wasn't ready for college and was going to use this semester to learn and grow and how excited he was to be a leader on next year's team.

UK, the SEC, and the NCAA make their money off the kids who play. What you're saying is akin to saying the NBA makes money off of guys like James Young. Yes the NBA makes money off him (a LOT more than UK, SEC, and NCAA made off Diallo beause they can legally use his likeness and because, you know, he actually play) but the amount of the money they make off guys like him is so incomparable to the guys that actually play it's laughable.

UK, the SEC, and NCAA made such an immeasurably small amount of money off of him that it makes your argument comical at best.

I've stayed out of all the HD threads until now.

I can say in all honesty I see both sides of the issue.

On the one hand another poster made a great point, and I had a similar situation: I hired two friends last month. My company spent @ $1,500 on each one before they ever worked the first day.
My time interviewing them both; drug screens, national background checks, uniforms, training, etc. They both spent one day in on the job training and then promptly quit. We lost $$ on those two bums but you can never predict what people are going to do, so it is what it is I suppose.

Neither of them left us for a better job; they just came for the training pay.

In regards to HD, IF....IF he led Cal to believe he would be back, and he ends up leaving, then Cal was hoodwinked, no doubt about it, and it may leave the team in a bad situation.

On the other hand, were it me or my son, and I knew we could leave and make millions, then the obvious choice is to leave.

He hasn't left the team yet, so this is all speculation at this point. We HAVE to have HD or Johnson, no question. Bringing in Bamba would be huge, but not quite as important as getting one, or even both of these guys on the team next year.

We're in better shape on the front line, but we're in a precarious situation at the guard spot, as it stands right now.

As I said, I see both sides, but I strongly suggest we refrain from crucifying the young man until he makes a decision one way or another.

Peace. WW.

Do you have daddy issues or were you picked on a lot while growing up and are now angry at the world? Is it because you're short? I'm genuinely curious to find out why you're so arrogant and obnoxious.

token internet tough guy response. just call me a fag while you are at it...know you want too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT