ADVERTISEMENT

Hypocrisy in Regards to Diallo

let me know how you feel when its a 10+ loss team that is lucky to get to the 2nd round. with diallo and bamba, team could be special and make a run. oh well...hope Cal can pull a miracle
Yeah it's fans fault if Diallo leaves and Bamba goes to Texas.

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

And you're wrong regarding the NBA Draft.
Bam!
You nailed it.
You make a lot of sense, so you'll get blasted by a lot of our so called fans.

let me know how you feel when its a 10+ loss team that is lucky to get to the 2nd round. with diallo and bamba, team could be special and make a run. oh well...hope Cal can pull a miracle
Boston, lets see how the roster ultimately shakes out. I still think Diallo returns and we get Bamba. I also think we get Johnson. That's a stacked roster.

Reactions: thepip and kyjeff1
Boston, lets see how the roster ultimately shakes out. I still think Diallo returns and we get Bamba. I also think we get Johnson. That's a stacked roster.

i agree if we get all those 3...we are good. right now...i'm telling you...its not looking good.

Playing in college gives them their start and exposure, then they can leave after one year, that's about as fair as you can get. Ask all of the other students if athletes should get paid while in college and you will get a resounding NO. They have all of the shoes, jerseys and sweats they want and are treated like rock stars, no payment needed. As for Diallo if he goes without ever playing a minute he shouldn't have come here, if he comes back that great.

A top basketball player brings an average of 1.5 million dollars a season worth of value to the college he plays for. The school makes money off his image television uses his likeness to not just promote the colleges up coming games but their over all coverage of college basketball.
In contrast the school provides 125 grand a year worth of value to the student. Some of our fans if that is what they are act like if Diallo stays in the draft that he somehow robbed the university and took advantage of us, because he didn't play this semester. By all accounts Diallo is known as a lock down defender. So I wonder do you think Fox's improvement at the end of the season could have anything to do with actually having a defender capable of defending him in practice.

Diallo is friends with Mo Bamba who is considering Texas and Duke. Bamba a smart kid who took a class on this very stuff on his own. Bamba got to see Cal as a coach and UK as a program show that they are willing to at least give back to these players that are making them alot of money by doing what it takes to help them realize their dreams. I wonder is that what Bamba saw when he saw K play Giles when he wasn't ready because Bolden wasn't as advertised so he had to win a few more games. Giles has lost about 10 to 20 draft spots because of that move.
All I know Harrelson credited going against Kanter in practice as to why he improved. Pretty good chance Diallo at the very least helped in that same regard. Also not only Bamba but everyone big time recruit in next year's class saw that Cal is a man of his word to go with being the coach who will help them fastest. Some if not most of these kids have already known a harder life than most fans will ever know. Yet we are acting like Diallo took advantage of us. Let me just say coming back or leaving Hami! Thank you for being here this past semester to help our team improve and to help us stay on top by putting faith in Cal and UK to do what is best for you and being an example of that to other recruits!
He took advantage and it blows

Then don't come to Kentucky for half a semester and lie about your intention on playing. Get lost. Go overseas or something. Don't let someone think they can depend on you next year and then bounce. I also knew that you're so dense that you would make an issue out of the analogy & change the context.

Don't get all salty just because you used a stupid analogy. So, if you worked for a company and a bigger company came along that could pay you so much money you would be able to take care of your entire family for a long long time, you would pass that up? I mean obviously the company you worked for was expecting you to be there and work for them. So would you pass that up and stay just because that's what they expected and wanted. Or do you say thanks, but I want to be able to help my family out and set myself up for a lifetime of financial success and security. I know what anyone with an ounce of intelligence would do.

If I am wrong about the draft then prove it. I don't know why they would say anyone is from a college/university because that's impossible. However, you can attend or play for one. You seem very confused about all this.

Bam!
You nailed it.

It reminds me of when I was in management and trained a guy, which took a lot of time and resources to do so and planned on him being there to help while I went on vacation only for the guy to quit once training was complete.

Why did you waste our time?

Some on here live a pretty sad life that the decision of a 19 year old player brings out the hatred and anger some have showed on this board. I have been a UK fan my whole life and it's all I've known. I've never missed a game whether live or on tv and I remember some great times and not so great times. Right know we are in one of the better times I've ever witnessed in my 40 years of fanhood. I know this is a UK website but I would be ashamed for the rest of College basketball land to see how some treat our prospective players and coaches. It's no wonder we get a bad name amongst out peers.

It reminds me of when I was in management and trained a guy, which took a lot of time and resources to do so and planned on him being there to help while I went on vacation only for the guy to quit once training was complete.

Why did you waste our time?
If you trained him I can see why he quit.

Some on here live a pretty sad life that the decision of a 19 year old player brings out the hatred and anger some have showed on this board. I have been a UK fan my whole life and it's all I've known. I've never missed a game whether live or on tv and I remember some great times and not so great times. Right know we are in one of the better times I've ever witnessed in my 40 years of fanhood. I know this is a UK website but I would be ashamed for the rest of College basketball land to see how some treat our prospective players and coaches. It's no wonder we get a bad name amongst out peers.

Why is it that any honest criticism or honest take on a situation now is considered "hate?"

It's also funny that we get people lecturing over being critical of a 19 year old's decision but then proceed to worship those players and hang on decisions regarding recruiting.

Well, since you work at Little Caesars, I'm sure having actual corporate responsibility is a foreign concept to you.

I also enjoy that you've only been on here for like two months and you're awful. Please go to KSR or the local Shoney's and run your mouth so we don't have to hear it.
Then I wouldn't be able to get your panties twisted. That's impressive that you can hear me, my computer doesn't let me hear what others post.

Last edited:

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, But Diallo is projected now as a first round pick, he gone, Bamba is trending to Texas, and Johnson didn't commit after his visit. Were not getting those (3), well maybe Johnson after he visits Arizona. We not looking very good next year.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, But Diallo is projected now as a first round pick, he gone, Bamba is trending to Texas, and Johnson didn't commit after his visit. Were not getting those (3), well maybe Johnson after he visits Arizona. We not looking very good next year.
We should probably just suspend the program for next season. I mean, what's the point right?

How about you worry for both of us? Lol

IF Diallo goes pro and turns out to be a great NBA player, I'll only begrudge that I didn't get to see him play for UK - kind of like Kanter.

I'll still pull for him and root for him as a former cat, and you better believe Cal will take credit for the improvements he made in his four months at UK and post his picture on the mural.

Wish the best for him no matter what. Selfishly would like him back next year, but if he kills it at the combine, he needs to go.

IF Diallo goes pro and turns out to be a great NBA player, I'll only begrudge that I didn't get to see him play for UK - kind of like Kanter.

I'll still pull for him and root for him as a former cat, and you better believe Cal will take credit for the improvements he made in his four months at UK and post his picture on the mural.

Wish the best for him no matter what. Selfishly would like him back next year, but if he kills it at the combine, he needs to go.
I would wish him the very best but I'll never see him as a wildcat.Kanter was different because the NCAA screwed him.But someone who chooses not to play I just can't consider him a Wildcat. JMO

I would wish him the very best but I'll never see him as a wildcat.Kanter was different because the NCAA screwed him.But someone who chooses not to play I just can't consider him a Wildcat. JMO
I think I would feel the same.Everyone has a right to feel however they want about it.

Bam!
You nailed it.

Yeah, he really "nailed it". Assuming the kid lied, and that he isn't coming back and then dump all over him. Pathetic.

Funny, seems like being a Debbie Downer is exactly what you wanted to be.

Maybe I missed something, but how did Diallo coming to UK for a semester help UK financially?
All this talk about how he helped Fox get better, what kind of players would Diallo had played against if he stayed in high school?
Sure seems to me the situation fit him better to gain then anyone.
Sorry, but there is no way to know if any other top tier player may have been lost on with that player thinking we had his guard spot already filled with Diallo.
The kid can do what he wishes; I can not understand how anyone can say this benefited UK with him here.
He had more time to prepare than any normal freshman player but Diallo said he wasn't ready to contribute in a game. If he is not ready to help in a game situation, then how did he help in practice?
Then a couple weeks after our season ends, he is suddenly ready to go against the best of the best from college in front of NBA scouts?
To be a players first program, one must first BE a player for UK.
Nuff said.

be careful, they'll start calling you an ass too!
Dude no offense but doubt this post was why you were called an ass.You have been trying to pick fights and make fun of people's post all day.Just chill a little.

Dude no offense but doubt this post was why you were called an ass.You have been trying to pick fights and make fun of people's post all day.Just chill a little.
It's called sarcasm. If you post stupid shit expect a stupid response. It's pretty simple really. I am amused by it honestly. The same people calling me an ass are the ones acting like that towards a teenager trying to make the biggest decision of his life. One of those pot meet kettle type things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT