ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley to Lakers?

now do cost of living
Only if we do salary too. But my cost of living in the NYC metro area is basically the same as it would be in Florida. Yes, my taxes are higher, but my homeowners insurance rates are 20% what they'd be in Florida. My auto insurance is lower. My property taxes pay for services I'd have to pay for out of pocket in other states.

Cost of living is higher in areas that are desirable to live. And that's for a reason. Cost of living may be high, but the standard of living is also high. That's born out in the data. Education systems are better, healthcare is better, poverty and food insecurity rates are lower, etc.

I know this isn't California, but I know this data because I live here. This is where NJ ranks in the following categories. To me this is well worth a higher cost of living vs. a state like Kentucky or Indiana.

1st in education
4th in health care
4th in public safety
5th in economic opportunity
3rd in household income
2nd in low food insecurity
5th in low poverty rate

One of their main Twitter accounts is acting like UConn can match or get close to the lakers offer

The sad part is, they didn't even get him an extension yet, despite getting one for Geno.. who I'm not sure is even all that great these days with women's talent being spread around so much.

Uconn really dropped the bag on this one. Not only can they get nowhere near what the NBA can pay for (17m for Kerr), but they didn't exactly back up the Brinx truck for Hurley. They saw UK make a serious attempt at him, and that should have taught them a lesson. But it didn't. And now here comes the Lakers with a huge opportunity.

Don't think Hurley passes it up.

And I saw an interesting bit that his wife might not want to stand in the way of a SECOND dream job in a row. She'd be really holding her husband back, from maybe the best job in all of basketball, and she'd be able to very much live her Jersey life, just on the west coast.

Only if we do salary too. But my cost of living in the NYC metro area is basically the same as it would be in Florida. Yes, my taxes are higher, but my homeowners insurance rates are 20% what they'd be in Florida. My auto insurance is lower. My property taxes pay for services I'd have to pay for out of pocket in other states.

Cost of living is higher in areas that are desirable to live. And that's for a reason. Cost of living may be high, but the standard of living is also high. That's born out in the data. Education systems are better, healthcare is better, poverty and food insecurity rates are lower, etc.

I know this isn't California, but I know this data because I live here. This is where NJ ranks in the following categories. To me this is well worth a higher cost of living vs. a state like Kentucky or Indiana.

1st in education
4th in health care
4th in public safety
3rd in household income
5th in low poverty rate
Indiana is in the midwest, so isn't Indiana a higher ranking state than KY?

1st in education
4th in health care
4th in public safety
3rd in household income
5th in low poverty rate

People forget about that salary portion when it comes to places like NY and Cali. Im making more here than id ever make in KY. I don't love the politics here, but I sure love the opportunities.

Reactions: ukcatz12
and she'd be able to very much live her Jersey life, just on the west coast.
This is definitely true. It might sound a little silly, but in many ways Jersey is kind of California-lite. Like I mentioned above, you can go to the beach, hike, and hit up a big city all in the same day and you can do basically the same thing in LA. If you're in NJ then you have NYC in your backyard if you want city living, just like you have LA if you're in a SoCal suburb. The people are probably a little more fake in LA than in NJ, but if you're making $100 million you're not interacting with normal people anyway.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Gavin Grewsome just cut 200M from the police budget to help address the California deficit…….thats right after he pledged to address the smash and grab…… he addressed it by cutting the police force, lol. He’s also emptying the prisons to save money…… thousands of prison beds being done away with. They “lost” 24 Billion that was supposed to address homlesss. That money was given in 2021 and they still can’t acccount for where a single penny of it went. Armpit of a state.

Does UK make a move on Mahaney or McNeeley is Hurley leaves?
Possibly, I just don’t know what minutes are left at this point. Or who leaves if one of them takes that last spot? You’d have 11-12 guys expecting minutes. I don’t think I’d take either over the guys we have except maybe Kriisa — but he’s the purest point guard on the roster. I guess you take Mahaney over him.

I'm sure he wanted the Knicks job the most but if LA calls, you take it as long as you have stars to work with. That's the key in the NBA. You better have a roster that can win or you're done within two years anyway.

Pitino's NBA career looks a lot different if for one he wasn't the GM but also if he gets Tim Duncan in the 1997 draft.
Hell even with stars and making the finals they still get fired half the time if they lose. Look at Mike Budenholzer. The Bucks were dumb as hell for firing him, hiring Doc Rivers lmfao.

Gavin Grewsome just cut 200M from the police budget to help address the California deficit…….thats right after he pledged to address the smash and grab…… he addressed it by cutting the police force, lol. He’s also emptying the prisons to save money…… thousands of prison beds being done away with. They “lost” 24 Billion that was supposed to address homlesss. That money was given in 2021 and they still can’t acccount for where a single penny of it went. Armpit of a state.
100%! We know those billions went into the coffers of the corrupt democrats running the state. That’s where it went.

1st in education
4th in health care
4th in public safety
3rd in household income
5th in low poverty rate
Public safety lmfao. Sure. Poverty rate? The city of New York alone has millions of illegals living off the tax payer. Businesses closing due to mass theft everywhere, and people getting robbed and stabbed in broad daylight. Crime is out of control due to no bail and non sentencing of hardcore criminals.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you believe everything you see on the news and don't look at the actual data.
It’s a fact what is happening, the place is over run and they kicked kids out of school to house these fools. Hotels for months all paid for by the tax payer. 10k debt cards, this isn’t some made up thing. Anyways sorry this deserves a thread in another topic. We need to stay on Hurley lol. We can have discourse all night about this.

It’s a fact what happening, the place is over run and they kicked kids out of school to house these fools. Hotels for months all paid for by the tax payer. 10k debt cards, this isn’t some made up thing.

Yeah, buddy, don’t waste your time. You’re a talking to a Marxist.

And similarly, people from Kentucky have no clue what it's actually like to live in places like California or NY. Neither place is the unsafe liberal hell hole this thread is making California out to be. Middle and lower middle class people pay more taxes in Florida and Texas than they do in California.

Agreed. People from New York have been amazing to me. I really feel the difference is southern small talk - don’t even attempt that up there. Get to the point, keep it moving. I hate small talk so it works for me.

This should be simple for Hurley. He wants to coach in the NBA and this is one of if not the most prestigious NBA job.

Only Brad Stevens (maybe Billy D?) has had success going from college to NBA in recent history but Hurley has enough “confidence” to think that he’ll make it.

It’s looking like he is staying at UConn. He turned down the lakers(according to their fans)

Last edited:
Their fans are acting like he is back now and are posting cryptic stuff acting like he is back
And I take it you're receiving it as gospel? The national media hasn't heard any rumors, but those special snowflake UConn fans know what's up, eh?

The folks over on their message board still seem pessimistic. And yet you're believing the three to five UConn twitter fans you read up on tonight?

Last edited:
Holy cow, if I had a hundred bucks for every time you mentioned a Trilly rumor without verification.
Saul I get man you don’t like him, you don’t have to tell me everytime how much you don’t like him. I just repeated what the UConn guy was saying.

And I take it you're receiving it as gospel? The national media hasn't heard any rumors, but those special snowflake UConn fans know what's up, eh?

The folks over on their message board still seem pessimistic. And yet you're believing the three to five UConn twitter fans you read up on tonight?
It’s actually a discord with about 200-300 people on it but yeah man.

Saul I get man you don’t like him, you don’t have to tell me everytime how much you don’t like him. I just repeated what the UConn guy was saying.
Can you use an actual quote from what the UConn guy was saying? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT