ADVERTISEMENT

Humphries

Why the F--k would he come out and make that kind of statement now!! I mean really!! We are trying to make a run and he comes out all selfish woooooooee is me BULLSHIT!! I HOPE HE LEAVES NOW! BAMBA AND RICHARDS WILL HAVE HIM PARKED ON BENCH NEXT YEAR ANYWys!!

1. Highly disappointed to hear this comment day before NCAA tournament. At best....just talk this stuff ofter year is done.
2. Another example of our culture at UK affects kids that really shouldn't be worried about NBA. Hump is a big kid and that is about it skill wise.
- Not quick foot
- Not a good shooter like many lament about but he's not really done much at UK facing up
- Not a kid who scores thru contact...so his low post game is essentially just a quasi fade away jump hook. Never anything attacking the basket or thru a defender to take advantage of his size.
- Not got elite quickness/reaction...so his shot blocking is solid but nothing elite
- His hand eye coordination is below average...can't lob dunk at all at his size. Not a quick jumper and can't catch and dunk.

Isaac isn't a NBA guy and in today's NBA probably never will be. But he can be a useful big man at UK the next 2 years. He can develop more scoring moves and give us 2nd unit scoring option. He can be a better defensive anchor in the middle. But focusing on a possible transfer due to NBA unrealistic ideology is possibly yet again in the water at UK :thumbsdown:
Youre not allowed to say that here. Every kid that comes he should be one and done. PLAYERS FIRST!!!

Why the F--k would he come out and make that kind of statement now!! I mean really!! We are trying to make a run and he comes out all selfish woooooooee is me BULLSHIT!! I HOPE HE LEAVES NOW! BAMBA AND RICHARDS WILL HAVE HIM PARKED ON BENCH NEXT YEAR ANYWys!!

Dang BK2, do you have any strong feelings on the subject?:rolleyes:

Reactions: buckkiller
Completely written out of context to add distraction to the tournament. I'm curious about where this "journalist" is from (edit: research shows he's from Oklahoma and was most-recently the OU newspaper's editor in chief). As someone above said, this was just Hump expressing frustration with where he wanted to be, performance-wise, to where he thinks he is. I got nothing from his statements that leads me to believe he is even considering leaving/transferring.

But hey, that's what "journalism" is about these days - throw vague statements / quotes in an article that's laced with leading readers into believing there might be "more to it" in an effort to generate "clicks" and "things that make you go, hmmmmm".

This is just """FAKE NEWS""""

And not just the journalists... how many hits is KSR getting?
yes, and I will reiterate
the kid answered a question - we don't know what kind of spin the writer put on his answers. Context can be everything.
That doesn't mean someone is in his ear, that he thinks he's better than he is.

Reactions: Blueaz
What the hell are people getting so excited about here?

I read the article. Honest questions, honest answers. Sorry if that offends the people who think that every UK player should just say "I'm ready to die for the uniform", but WTF did Humphries say that was so wrong?

What the hell are people getting so excited about here?

I read the article. Honest questions, honest answers. Sorry if that offends the people who think that every UK player should just say "I'm ready to die for the uniform", but WTF did Humphries say that was so wrong?
many are reading more into than there is
and he didn't bring it up, he was asked

Reactions: BBUK
And just so it's on the page, here are some Isaac quotes in the article.

"In my mind I thought I'd be more confident, I thought I would look more confident, I thought I would be more productive" (sure sounds like someone taking responsibility for themselves).

"...it's about the team right now. It's not about me" (sure sounds like someone with their priorities in order).

"Kentucky's obviously a great place for development. I'm not going to look past that at all." (sure sounds like someone with no negative thoughts about the UK program).

After this season is over Hump should live in the weight room and get stronger.Coach Cal keeps giving to every chance but he has to work hard and earn it.

He isnt playing much next year anyways Bamba, Richards and the ax man will have passed him up by then as well.

After this season is over Hump should live in the weight room and get stronger.Coach Cal keeps giving to every chance but he has to work hard and earn it.
I think a lot of fans came in with the impression that Hump was going to be another Josh Harrellson. However, big difference in that Harrellson played two years of JC Ball before coming to UK.

On paper one could argue he wouldn't see the floor next year but no games are played on paper.

We thought the same of Skal this time last year and suddenly the switch was flipped.

On paper one could argue he wouldn't see the floor next year but no games are played on paper.

We thought the same of Skal this time last year and suddenly the switch was flipped.
Really can't figure out what's going on with SKJ. Five star recruit and can't even get off the bench. Probably the biggest mystery of the season.

I think a lot of fans came in with the impression that Hump was going to be another Josh Harrellson. However, big difference in that Harrellson played two years of JC Ball before coming to UK.
Josh didn't do anything until the last two thirds of his senior year when the light bulb finally went on.

Reactions: lonnie boyd
Josh didn't do anything until the last two thirds of his senior year when the light bulb finally went on.
He probably wouldn't have gotten much of a chance had Kanter not been ruled ineligible. He did have his best game against WVU when BCG was coaching then kind of got lost in the shuffle.

some fans just refuse to grasp the fact that he would be the 3rd center in the rotation next year behind bamba and richards. instead they have convinced themselves bamba can play PF which he 100% cant and wont.

have felt for some time now humphries transferring or red shirting is the most likely outcome for next season.
I missed the Bamba announcement apparently. Don't count your chickens before they hatch

And just so it's on the page, here are some Isaac quotes in the article.

"In my mind I thought I'd be more confident, I thought I would look more confident, I thought I would be more productive" (sure sounds like someone taking responsibility for themselves).

"...it's about the team right now. It's not about me" (sure sounds like someone with their priorities in order).

"Kentucky's obviously a great place for development. I'm not going to look past that at all." (sure sounds like someone with no negative thoughts about the UK program).

Translation: I'm a sophomore. I wanna get better. I did not expect the girls to be so HOT!!!

I still think Tai can be better IMO. He knows how to use his lower body and his footwork looks better. Cal and staff must see something different. It seems Hump is just softer cause Tai seems to go hard if or when he gets in game.

Whats the mystery? He probably sucks in practice. Cal said he's not ready.
The mystery is that this guy was supposed to have been a five-star recruit but he's apparently so bad that he can't get off the bench.

Hasn't shown me anything but slamming the ball on the court costing us an SEC title and a lousy 5 seed in last years tourney
Another big man bust, so far. Skal, SKJ, Gabriel and Humphries have not produced as expected. However, Williams made us look stupid last night but he's apparently not good enough for UK.

Just like all the players, I hope they do whatever they feel is best for them.
As Cal said, and as we've seen in the past few years, "UK is not for everyone". Some players just can't handle the national spotlight.

They're all looking to drum up distraction stories at this time of the year. I'm sure this "journalist" went in to the Q&A session knowing full well what his intent was - to get quotes for an article meant to drum up speculation (and clicks) on the current mental state of players as they are going into the NCAAT. And it just so happens that Kentucky is more susceptible to speculation given the massive annual turnover in players and recruits.

With that said, all one has to do is look at Cal's years at UK and his track record with transfers. How many have there been? I can only recall these to have left under Cal's watch:

Marcus Lee
Kyle Wiltjer
Darnell Dodson (left the year Cal was coming in?)
Stacey Poole
Ryan Harrow
Charles Matthews

In contrast, Tubby had WAY more transfers out of the program than probably any coach in UK history (including four in one year, TWICE!):

Myron Anthony (98-99)
Desmon Allison (99-00)
Michael Bradley (99-00)
Ryan Hogan (99-00)
Nate Knight (99-00)
Jason Parker (00-01)
Rashaad Carruth (01-02)
Adam Chiles (01-02)
Cory Sears (01-02)
Marvin Stone (01-02)
Bernard Cote (03-04)
Shagari Alleyne (05-06)
Rekalin Sims (05-06)
Adam Williams (05-06)

And of course good ole BCG who had two straight years of 4 transfers each:

Mark Coury (07-08)
Derrick Jasper (07-08)
Alex Legion (07-08)
Morakinyo Williams (07-08)
Kevin Galloway (08-09)
Mark Halsell (08-09)
Landon Slone (08-09)
AJ Steward (08-09)

So obviously Calipari has done better with keeping players around, even in light of having so many of them being recruited over. So this is why we should take caution in articles like this that are meant to drive speculation and "worry", and look at history. Hump would be a fool to leave - just ask Josh Harrelson.

Good read

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT