ADVERTISEMENT

From CBS Sports

OHIO COLONEL

All-American
Feb 11, 2009

Pope's coaching philosophy​

Pope is a fantastic X's and O's coach, and his high-scoring offense will translate perfectly to what Kentucky did well last season. Kentucky finished No. 2 in scoring offense (89 ppg) and knocked down 9.9 3-pointers per game, good enough for 16th. Under Pope, BYU finished third in 3-pointers made (11.1) and 41% of its total points came from distance, per KenPom.com. BYU was No. 14 in adjusted offensive efficiency and finished with the 22nd-ranked scoring offense (81.4 ppg). Pope will likely target players who can connect on 3-pointers from a high clip when he starts to build his roster.

Pope's coaching philosophy​

Pope is a fantastic X's and O's coach, and his high-scoring offense will translate perfectly to what Kentucky did well last season. Kentucky finished No. 2 in scoring offense (89 ppg) and knocked down 9.9 3-pointers per game, good enough for 16th. Under Pope, BYU finished third in 3-pointers made (11.1) and 41% of its total points came from distance, per KenPom.com. BYU was No. 14 in adjusted offensive efficiency and finished with the 22nd-ranked scoring offense (81.4 ppg). Pope will likely target players who can connect on 3-pointers from a high clip when he starts to build his roster.
IF he can build a roster, this could be beautiful. but only time will tell.

I was fired up last night but I’m all in on Pope today. Get him the money he needs and let’s get back on track.

Perry is about to be a featured player next season.

We need a physical grown man 5 that can beat and bang but still move and run the floor, an Oscar type build.

Get some athleticism/length that are average to above average shooters and see what we can do in year 1. Year 2 w a full recruiting cycle should be easier to build appropriately. Especially if year one is a solid year and not a complete bust…you HAVE to give yourself something to sell for year 2. Thats year 1s goal

Perry is about to be a featured player next season.

We need a physical grown man 5 that can beat and bang but still move and run the floor, an Oscar type build.

Get some athleticism/length that are average to above average shooters and see what we can do in year 1. Year 2 w a full recruiting cycle should be easier to build appropriately. Especially if year one is a solid year and not a complete bust…you HAVE to give yourself something to sell for year 2. Thats year 1s goal
Serious question.
Are you quoting someone or offering your observation?

I know I’m in the minority, but I don’t like shooting threes to be more than half of your offense. I like a bit more balance, including points from the FT-line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT