ADVERTISEMENT

How Will Cal's ESPN 30 for 30 Be Received?

MWes11

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2012
I believe it will be aired April 13. Would've been phenomenal as a fan base to have won it this year and watched the 30 for 30. It will obviously be ripped on by our haters and the pundits, but as a fan, do you like Cal always putting himself out there? He obviously doesn't give AF about what people say/think about him. He doesn't hesitate to get all the exposure he can. We as a fan base know what kind of person he is. I think the people that hate him already have their minds made up that even when this shines a positive light on what he does for his players and the community, it will not change their opinions.

I believe it will be aired April 13. Would've been phenomenal as a fan base to have won it this year and watched the 30 for 30. It will obviously be ripped on by our haters and the pundits, but as a fan, do you like Cal always putting himself out there? He obviously doesn't give AF about what people say/think about him. He doesn't hesitate to get all the exposure he can. We as a fan base know what kind of person he is. I think the people that hate him already have their minds made up that even when this shines a positive light on what he does for his players and the community, it will not change their opinions.
The answer to your question is yes!

Cal's exposure for the UK program is what makes him perfect for the job. I didn't like the "HBO Hardknocks" style program he did for ESPN in '13 but for the most part everything he does and says is for recruiting. People, even UK fans, forget that. The 30 for 30 won't change anyone's opinions on him. I think he's a good coach, great recruiter, and perfect for the University of Kentucky.

I see on other school's boards plenty of dislike for Cal, but that's what I expect. It's always sprinkled with a couple of their fans saying they've come to like him, hard to argue with the results, etc. I think those are the posters that are at least open minded about him. The others just don't want to get bashed, so they leap like the other lemmings.

Laettner's changed my mind about him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT