ADVERTISEMENT

How many SEC teams get a better seed than us?

KMKAT

All-American
Sep 17, 2003
Duluth
Tennessee will
Auburn will
Florida might.
Alabama will not.
South Carolina will not.

We will be fortunate to get a 3.

Auburn might but it is crazy they have only 2 quad 1 wins (their 2nd today)

Kentucky has 6 quad 1 A wins.......not just quad 1 but quad 1 A which are gold

Reactions: ukfan041
I have been a fan for 50 years. The last couple years, every game we play I feel like I have zero confidence we are going to win. I used to always think we were gonna win no matter who we played.
The games are stressful now and it's as though we have a coach who cares more about the nba draft than winning in our league. Oh wait, we do have a coach who cares more about getting kids drafted than winning for UK.
I just can't give up on us. It's been such a big part of my life and I always loved going to games and getting together with friends to watch on TV.
I hold Cal responsible for this quagmire we're in.

I won't ever give up on us. But I do long for the times past when we had guys that played for uniform name on the front, not the name on the back.

Sorry for bitching, but as so many of you have said, Cal has and is dragging us to irrelevance.

It needs to stop!!

They just said they have seeded the top 6 lines maybe the Auburn wins won't matter like they never do for Kentucky in years past when we did such things like win SEC tournament games.

2 or so. And I doubt anyone but Auburn makes it out of the first weekend. And Auburn won't make the Elite 8.

Duke shouldn't be seeded higher than us.

We've beaten UNC (1) seed; Tennessee (highest 2 seed); Auburn (probably a 4 seed), Alabama (likely a 5 seed); and split with Florida, which will probably end up being an 8 seed. We also beat Mississippi State, which will probably make the tournament.

Tennessee and at most Auburn get a better seed than us. We’re pissed off and deserve to be, but the committee is not the UK fanbase. They’re not Joe Lunardi either. A&M was a Q1 game, the committee knows that. I don’t know if we’ll get a 3 seed but I just don’t see any way we get knocked down to a 5. I think it’s 50/50 whether we get a 3 or a 4.

Just in case, anyone who is confused at my level of optimism should go read through my other comments in the last 24 hours. I’m in a dark place as far as my thoughts on this team and program go. I’m just not really worried about the selection committee. They aren’t UK fans and don’t have emotional investment like we do. They aren’t angry about our loss yesterday. We’re either a 3 or a 4, neither would surprise me. Even if we get a 5 what’s the difference between that and a 4? Those seeds are virtually identical.

Only UT will get a better seed

Those other teams tied for 2nd in the sec none of them have a win ooc like we did vs UNC.

Tennessee will
Auburn will
Florida might.
Alabama will not.
South Carolina will not.

We will be fortunate to get a 3.
UK should be a three seed, along with Auburn. Only team higher would be UT based on winning the regular season title.

UT will get a 2.

I think Auburn and UK are same seed line but it’s possible Auburn with their win today jumps us.

So I’m going to say we are the 3rd sec team

There is zero chance UF or USC is ahead of us. Zlinch

Lunardi said todsy A&M is so bad we have to drop a entire seed line to a 4
“So bad”, even before the game they were predicted “in” (was barely In)
This week:
Duke lost to NC St (Out)
KU got crushed by Cincy (Out)
Creighton lost to Providence (Out)
UT lost to Miss St (was barely In)
Arizona lost to Oregon (Out)
UNC lost to NC St (Out)

But yeah, we do drop 3 to 4 if Illinois and Auburn win tomorrow. I think there are 4 teams with a chance at the last two 3-seeds: UK, Duke, Illinois, Auburn.
Interesting that in games vs top half of Q1, these 4 are:
UK: 6-2
Duke: 2-3 (both wins barely in top half)
Illinois: 1-4 (1 win at Wisc)
Auburn: 1-6
Yes we have 1 loss worse than those 3 (at Home to 118), but they all have bad losses too (i.e. Duke has 2 Road losses to teams 115-127), We (UK) simply have a better resume than those 3.

Last edited:
“So bad”, even before the game they were predicted “in” (was barely In)
This week:
Duke lost to NC St (Out)
KU got crushed by Cincy (Out)
Creighton lost to Providence (Out)
UT lost to Miss St (was barely In)

But yeah, we do drop 3 to 4 if Illinois and Auburn win tomorrow. I think there are 4 teams with a chance at the last two 3-seeds: UK, Duke, Illinois, Auburn.
Interesting that in games vs top half of Q1, these 4 are:
UK: 6-2
Duke: 2-3 (both wins barely in top half)
Illinois: 1-4 (1 win at Wisc)
Auburn: 1-6
Yes we have 1 loss worse than those 3 (at Home to 118), but they all have bad losses too (i.e. Duke has 2 Road losses to teams 115-127), We (UK) simply have a better resume than those 3.

Assuming they are even taking those into account.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if it's among those four teams, UK gets a 3 seed still.

The committee loves the who did you beat. The resume. 6-2 in Q1 games when the other teams aren't remotely close is going to be awfully hard to ignore.

If Auburn gets a 3 higher than us one of two things happened:
1) They weighted the performance of the conference tournament very heavily which........doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me considering the seeding should be based on the entire season. Nothing should get "more weight" IMO.
2) They factor in Auburn's superior NET.

Lastly it's hard to ignore a head to head win on their court if it's among those two teams.

Tennessee will and Auburn might, that’s it. Bama is in the last 4 or 5 seed territory, scar is a 5 or 6 seed, Florida is a 5-7 seed

It's weird how connected everything is.

UT would have been the last 1 seed had they not crashed out. That might have helped us get a more preferable region in terms of location. Now assuming they are the first 2 seed, they will get pick of region. More likely that our region is further away.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say if it's among those four teams, UK gets a 3 seed still.

The committee loves the who did you beat. The resume. 6-2 in Q1 games when the other teams aren't remotely close is going to be awfully hard to ignore.
Ahead of us definitely are: Purdue, UConn, Houston, UNC, UT, Arizona, Creighton, Marquette, Baylor, Iowa St (4 of these 10 also lost this week to a team “not in” or “on the bubble”).

Then for those last 2 3-seeds you have Duke, UK, Illinois, Auburn.

Then the 4-5 seeds are KU, Gonzaga, Alabama, maybe Florida & Wisc if win tomorrow (and we want both these to win)

Last edited:
What stats are you looking at? Net rankings haven't been updated since 3/15, but as of that day they had Quad 1 games as:

UT: 8-7
TAMU: 7-6
UK: 6-7
UF: 5-7
Auburn: 1-7

Those have changed slightly since 3/15.

What stats are you looking at? Net rankings haven't been updated since 3/15, but as of that day they had Quad 1 games as:

I was going off the stats that was above my post. He was looking at records vs the top half of Q1 and comparing the potential three seeds.

I said the “top half” of Quad 1.

Quad 1 is 1-30 Home, 1-50 Neutral, 1-75 Road.
Those 40-75 teams are not the best of the best. A win over Purdue worth way more than a win over Northwestern.

So the top half is: 1-15 Home, 1-25 Neutral, 1-37 Road

Yep. And so if the committee looks at things closer than just looking at over Quads, that should bode well for UK.

UK has beaten a lot of really really good teams. Most away from Rupp too

I said the “top half” of Quad 1.

Quad 1 is 1-30 Home, 1-50 Neutral, 1-75 Road.
Those 40-75 teams are not the best of the best. A win over Purdue worth way more than a win over Northwestern.

So the top half is: 1-15 Home, 1-25 Neutral, 1-37 Road
Ok, I stand corrected. There is a problem with cherrypicking those stats, however. It would also indicate that UK struggles against the bottom half of Quad 1. I guess it just depends on what the committee values more.

I was going off the stats that was above my post. He was looking at records vs the top half of Q1 and comparing the potential three seeds.
As I just replied to the other poster, there are some issues with using that method, but I do understand what he was trying to say. It's not a bad argument, but it's also not perfect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT