ADVERTISEMENT

We Picked Up TWO Quad-1 Wins Yesterday

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
With beating Bama and Mississippi State moving into the top 30 (now #26 in the NET).

But we lost a Q2 win that is now Q3 with Ole Miss' drop to 76 (cutoff is 75).

Crazy- beating an NCAA tournament team (bubble) is a Q3 win- this system is so flawed.

2 more Q1 games (@ MSU, @TN) and a Q3 game (vs. Ark) and a Q4 game (vs. Vandy).

No way to sugarcoat it- Tuesday night is a must-win. Simple as that. HAVE to win that game.

Win that game, we'll be a 4 seed in the big dance, with a chance to get up to a 3 depending on how we do in Knoxville and the SEC-Tournament combined.

If we can find a way to get up to a 3 seed, I like our chances. Avoiding UCONN/Houston/Purdue until the Elite Eight potentially.

Rambling at this point, but we have to find a way to get a 3 seed, simple as that.

With beating Bama and Mississippi State moving into the top 30 (now #26 in the NET).

Crazy- beating an NCAA tournament team (bubble) is a Q3 win- this system is so flawed.

No way to sugarcoat it- Tuesday night is a must-win. Simple as that. HAVE to win that game.

Win that game, we'll be a 4 seed in the big dance, with a chance to get up to a 3 depending on how we do in Knoxville and the SEC-Tournament combined.

If we can find a way to get up to a 3 seed, I like our chances. Avoiding UCONN/Houston/Purdue until the Elite Eight potentially.

Rambling at this point, but we have to find a way to get a 3 seed, simple as that.

From out of the tournament to sweating it out on selection Sunday to a possible four seed in less than 2 weeks. #BBNBracketology is the best.

You think it's flawed. Dook lost to Wake and moved up 1. Wake is 25th and yesterday was their 1st Quad 1 win. He'll we were only 24th last week.

The ACC is a joke. Wake lost to LSU and GA. GA went 3-1 against the mighty ACC.🤣

You think it's flawed. Dook lost to Wake and moved up 1. Wake is 25th and yesterday was their 1st Quad 1 win. He'll we were only 24th last week.

The ACC is a joke. Wake lost to LSU and GA. GA went 3-1 against the mighty ACC.🤣
We saw what happened last season. Everybody cried when Duke was a 5 seed(Jay Bilas was almost in tears on air) then they finally played a half decent non ACC team in Tennesse and got SMASHED.

Also winning Tuesday does not lock up a #4 seed still have 3 regular season games left and the SEC tournament plus the rest of the nation plays ball too so they win and lose and move up and down as well on the seed list.

People make crazy proclamations with so much ball left like they know what the future holds.

Also winning Tuesday does not lock up a #4 seed still have 3 regular season games left and the SEC tournament plus the rest of the nation plays ball too so they win and lose and move up and down as well on the seed list.

People make crazy proclamations with so much ball left like they know what the future holds.
He didn’t say we would lock it up. Pretty sure he realizes the situation is fluid. People aren’t all as crazy as you seem to think.

SEC is coming down to the wire esp so with us beating Bama yesterday. As much as it sucks we need South Carolina to fall apart, there the only team that owns a tie breaker at the moment. We also need to beat UT in Knoxville

That A&M loss is pathetic atm.

Reactions: gharding07

Dude no one said we'd be "locked into" a top 4 seed. Not one, single, person.

I said that would push us to a 4 seed with a win on Tuesday, which is just a FACT @HenryMuto.

Obviously, if this needs to be spelled out for you, then OBVIOUSLY yes if we lose to some combination of Vandy/Arkansas/TN/SEC-T we would no longer be a top-4 seed. Didn't think that needed to spelled out.

• Haha
Reactions: Aike
Maybe maybe not. A one point win and MSU might not drop. They could also climb back later if they fall out. Winning is the only play for us regardless.

Yeah agreed. I think Miss State will finish Top-30 in the NET even with a loss to us, we'll see but they have some winnable games that can carry some weight (home vs. South Carolina, @A&M, etc.)

Let's see!

Reactions: Aike
The movement has been amazing for our quads lately

The @Arkansas win was a quad 3 for the longest time is now a quad 2 win
The Ole Miss was a quad 2 since the win but dropped to quad 3 by a 1 NET spot
Miami was a quad 2 way back when been a quad 3 for a while now and is never coming back to quad 2

I doubt they drop several spots from losing to us.

I assume this late in the season, the game to game swings are less. Your NET ranking has 25+ games built in. Does losing a Quad 1 game in February drop you that much? I could certainly be mistaken.

Either way, Tuesday is a quad 1 opportunity. Huge momentum and confidence booster.

Reactions: gharding07
4 losses this year, A&M, Gonzaga and Florida along with the one point loss to LSU will wind up costing us 4 levels of seeding not to mention the regular season SEC title. 23-4 record probably has us in top 4 in the country and in line for a 1 seed. Tuesday night is a business trip. Go down, kick ass and come back home and smoke Arkansas. The Tennessee game in Knoxville will be a war. Have to be mentally tough, come ready to play. This team needs to show that they’ve matured, they’re all in, no matter who’s playing or not playing. I think we saw yesterday, a certain coach who may be just now realizing that the worst thing he can do, is lose the fans. I expect a little more focus and a lot less jetting around the Country. Quoting from one of my favorite authors. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow. - William Pollard

• Love
Reactions: ukfan1622
Of the top 25 NET ranked teams only six other teams have a quad 3 loss. So 72 percent of those teams don't have one..so yeah that hurts us and will all season.
UK is also the ONLY team with 3 win v/s Top 10 Net ranked teams. But you do not want to ready anything positive I am sure.

Alabama #6
Auburn #7
UNC #9

UK is also the ONLY team with 3 win v/s Top 10 Net ranked teams. But you do not want to ready anything positive I am sure.

Alabama #6
Auburn #7
UNC #9
Was just stating facts. Take it how you like. I like that one more than the quad 1 stat. Who you beat speaks louder to the committee.

Was just stating facts. Take it how you like. I like that one more than the quad 1 stat. Who you beat speaks louder to the committee.
Well I was mis-informed, another poster brought it to my attention, Purdue has also beat 3 teams ranked in the top 10 net rankings. Still, they are the only 2. 3 very solid resume builders, we both agree on that. I also agree, the quad 3 UNCW loss hurts.

All this talk about seeds, and in the seasons when the top seeds in our bracket got smoked early (2018, 2019), we still couldn't advance against inferior teams. Other years when we were absolutely in a murderer's row (2011, 2014), we made Final Four runs.

None of it really makes sense from a consistency level. At some point, you have to play and beat good teams. If this UK team is clicking, it doesn't really matter who we play. The reverse is also true.

I just find the NET talk funny when at the end of the day all that really matters is winning.

All this talk about seeds, and in the seasons when the top seeds in our bracket got smoked early (2018, 2019), we still couldn't advance against inferior teams. Other years when we were absolutely in a murderer's row (2011, 2014), we made Final Four runs.

None of it really makes sense from a consistency level. At some point, you have to play and beat good teams. If this UK team is clicking, it doesn't really matter who we play. The reverse is also true.

I just find the NET talk funny when at the end of the day all that really matters is winning.

I get this side of it, BUT, I will say that I am just laser-focused on getting up to the 3 seed line.

I really don't want to have to play UCONN/Purdue/Houston before the Elite Eight.

The line of 2 seeds doesn't scare me- give me a 3 seed and another crack at Kansas all night long!

But a 4/5 seed would be tough to make it past one of those 1 seeds in a Sweet Sixteen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT