ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world is MB still at UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love when people say he hired cal! What a crock of crap! Mike Pratt will tell you the complete opposite. An outside team was hired to get him because the boosters thought Mitch was too much of a blockhead to make the right hire. Mitch didn't want cal. Instead the first time he hired a drunken lunatic. Mitch does not know a damn thing.
Mike Pratt would tell you NO SUCH THING even if it were true. If you believe that you are being foolish.

There seems to be a misunderstanding, he said I didn't realize something and I told him where his thinking was wrong, very good argument with good points IMO, just because prior ADs were horrible doesn't mean mitch had to be, unless he didn't give a damn about the "microwave fans" and was just kissing A$$ with the money brokers to save his lucrative salary.

So how could he spend all that money on upgrading the minor sports (or hang $156,000 of pictures on a wall somewhere) if there was absolutely NO money to try to make the joke halfway presentable? It doesn't add up. BS that he deserves an out for not doing ANYTHING to it for about TWELVE years.

And LOL my argument was with the Engineer (you are giving engineers a bad name, I resent that, most engineers have to take a lot of math that teaches them to think logically) that says mitch DELIBERATELY ran football below ground in order to get the support needed, how many on here believe that he did that deliberately? Why didn't anyone try to answer that before, or don't you agree that was his ATROCIOUS plan. But thanks for agreeing with me that he DID run it below ground.

Now we are making progress, it should seem obvious to everyone where football went with mitch's (lack of) support for over a decade, and finally someone agrees that he was responsible for it going there-------although with flawed logic in giving him an "honorable" reason for doing so. Shouldn't jurich and Slick Rick be given a pass also, poor things didn't know what was going on there either, do you believe that?

A small step for a UK fan, a giant step for the football fans? How many of you actually want to TRY to argue that the program that needed EXTRA support coming off probation (like BAMA bought theirs, TWO "bowl" games, along with everything else money could buy-----kind of like UK bb) with all the other SEC teams (AND Transfer U) upgrading football (THE money cow) wasn't run into the ground with him as the AD. And now we have this wild theory, if that was necessary then the big money guys were acting like idiots-------probably SOME of them didn't get rich by being dumb.

But like I said, if he deliberately tried to run it into the ground he did a hell of a job of it.

You absolutely are a raving idiot. Keep promoting your idiot take on UK athletics and wasting this forum, just because you can’t process what has Actually been going on for the last 60 years in the management and funding of UK athletics! Your fundamental lack of the facts, and typical simple minded conclusions.are mind boggling! If only you had been in charge,so you could show everybody how it needed to be done! Im just thankful,fan revolt or not,that we’re finally moving in the right direction! Keep living and arguing about the past, you’ve convinced me that your version is correct. Wrong!

You absolutely are a raving idiot. Keep promoting your idiot take on UK athletics and wasting this forum, just because you can’t process what has Actually been going on for the last 60 years in the management and funding of UK athletics! Your fundamental lack of the facts, and typical simple minded conclusions.are mind boggling! If only you had been in charge,so you could show everybody how it needed to be done! Im just thankful,fan revolt or not,that we’re finally moving in the right direction! Keep living and arguing about the past, you’ve convinced me that your version is correct. Wrong!
This is why when driving a car that the front windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS

So, how many other fans believe that our AD deliberately drove our program into the dirt because that was the only way he could get it the help he desperately wanted for it for a DECADE. LOL

And if that was true he cost UK millions of dollars and was about a hundred times better at that than he has been at improving it, we had seven wins in a season (plus some bowl wins) before he decided to kill the program (and he did, according to you) and all these years later we still aren't winning as many as we did before he started his master plan.

Where are all the voters, cats got your tongue?

Come on Sluggo, how about backing your man, lol.

So, how many other fans believe that our AD deliberately drove our program into the dirt because that was the only way he could get it the help he desperately wanted for it for a DECADE. LOL

And if that was true he cost UK millions of dollars and was about a hundred times better at that than he has been at improving it, we had seven wins in a season (plus some bowl wins) before he decided to kill the program (and he did, according to you) and all these years later we still aren't winning as many as we did before he started his master plan.

I agree with him...you are a raving idiot!

I agree with him...you are a raving idiot!

I thought everyone already knew that, lol, you have been telling them that long enough, BUT that wasn't the question. Did or did not mitch deliberately drive our football program in the dirt losing millions of dollars (and season ticket holders, many WITH THE COURAGE OF THEIR CONVICTIONS never to return) because he saw the damage being done and could come up with no other solution?

Geez, are you going to have as much trouble with this question as you and your friends do disputing the FACTS about mitch's support of football for over a decade-------until the strike cost us millions.

Last edited:
One last time,Mitch was doing what he could do on his own,as bad as it was,BUT just as GOOD as any of the previous ADs! To break through the logjam ,that had existed since Bryant had left,something drastic had to occur,like a fan revolt! If all the other sports at UK had greatly improved but football,than short term pain and loss,for long term gain,in developing the funding necessary to have an SEC football program,so be it! What part don’t you understand about the football program being starved for the necessary funds,by ALL of the previous ADs,not just Mitch. You need to figure out which AD changed the status quo,as painful as it was,after 60 years of neglect! If you can’t reason thru this pitiful history,than if I were you,I find another sport and school to follow!

Reactions: fabcat

I alwYs have your back, Jauk. Your passion is matchless and I enjoy your posts. It’s like a cold beer in a hot tub

Reactions: jauk11
One last time,Mitch was doing what he could do on his own,as bad as it was,BUT just as GOOD as any of the previous ADs! To break through the logjam ,that had existed since Bryant had left,something drastic had to occur,like a fan revolt! If all the other sports at UK had greatly improved but football,than short term pain and loss,for long term gain,in developing the funding necessary to have an SEC football program,so be it! What part don’t you understand about the football program being starved for the necessary funds,by ALL of the previous ADs,not just Mitch. You need to figure out which AD changed the status quo,as painful as it was,after 60 years of neglect! If you can’t reason thru this pitiful history,than if I were you,I find another sport and school to follow!

Just as good? lol. How does a recruiting budget 60% of the basketball's budget for LESS than ONE SIXTH of the free rides sound, how much worse could it have been, PLUS about $300K for the Midnight Madness recruiting tool. Just one example of the DOCUMENTED numbers.

I understand, and have for a LOT longer than mitch, that football has been starved for decades, where did I ever say it wasn't? Not nearly as much publicity and BUDGET FIGURE FACTS available for almost all of that time. The FEW that knew what was going on should have been more vociferous than I am. All I have been saying is that mitch, coming off probation (Bama did something, and got the 30th ranked class vs the NINETY SECOND one by UK the same year), with a very good coach (Brooks), with football in the middle of emerging as THE money cow (much more than before), with the rivals upgrading their FOOTBALL facilities, AND just to repeat it ONE MORE TIME, the "recruiting room" that everyone had a picture of was a disgrace to a high school, look at Bishop Gorman's "recruiting facilities" some time------and they aren't supposed to be recruiting. At least two high school NCs to show for the multimillionaires money. I wonder what their actual recruiting budget was lol. I used to referee their varsity (and JV) games at the Silver Bowl because they didn't have a home field, were located downtown and played their games at LV high school's field before the land became too valuable. After their move from there to Maryland Parkway they had a field with fences about ten foot from the sideline, refereed a couple games there, very dangerous IMO.

But I think you are right, the best way for mitch to get the (non) credit he deserves (for football) is to convince everyone your theory is correct, he deliberately ran it underground, so he can be fired for malfeasance AND losing millions of dollars in season ticket sales AND donations from football fans (should be pretty easy to document, and how much will it cost us THIS year, years after obligating the Athletic Department for about 60% MORE than the CW renovations actually cost)-------hundreds of whom swore on here they would never donate a dime to football as long as he was in charge.

Great idea, wish I had thought of it first.

But STFU, I have been following football (and basketball) since before you were born, you give it up, I'm not about to.

And here I thought you guys wanted to end this conversation, lol, thanks for bringing it up again.

Just as good? lol. How does a recruiting budget 60% of the basketball's budget for LESS than ONE SIXTH of the free rides sound, how much worse could it have been, PLUS about $300K for the Midnight Madness recruiting tool. Just one example of the DOCUMENTED numbers.

I understand, and have for a LOT longer than mitch, that football has been starved for decades, where did I ever say it wasn't? Not nearly as much publicity and BUDGET FIGURE FACTS available for almost all of that time. The FEW that knew what was going on should have been more vociferous than I am. All I have been saying is that mitch, coming off probation (Bama did something, and got the 30th ranked class vs the NINETY SECOND one by UK the same year), with a very good coach (Brooks), with football in the middle of emerging as THE money cow (much more than before), with the rivals upgrading their FOOTBALL facilities, AND just to repeat it ONE MORE TIME, the "recruiting room" that everyone had a picture of was a disgrace to a high school, look at Bishop Gorman's "recruiting facilities" some time------and they aren't supposed to be recruiting. At least two high school NCs to show for the multimillionaires money. I wonder what their actual recruiting budget was lol. I used to referee their varsity (and JV) games at the Silver Bowl because they didn't have a home field, were located downtown and played their games at LV high school's field before the land became too valuable. After their move from there to Maryland Parkway they had a field with fences about ten foot from the sideline, refereed a couple games there, very dangerous IMO.

But I think you are right, the best way for mitch to get the (non) credit he deserves (for football) is to convince everyone your theory is correct, he deliberately ran it underground, so he can be fired for malfeasance AND losing millions of dollars in season ticket sales AND donations from football fans (should be pretty easy to document, and how much will it cost us THIS year, years after obligating the Athletic Department for about 60% MORE than the CW renovations actually cost)-------hundreds of whom swore on here they would never donate a dime to football as long as he was in charge.

Great idea, wish I had thought of it first.

But STFU, I have been following football (and basketball) since before you were born, you give it up, I'm not about to.

And here I thought you guys wanted to end this conversation, lol, thanks for bringing it up again.
Since you have been around since before the 1865 founding, please pray tell all of us ingrate illiterates who was better than the current AD since you probably had a hand in hiring them all..law is giving you some good advise...you should heed it. You are making your self look more foolish all the time.

Mitch Barnhart is the best athletic director in the history of uk. There is no debAte.

And he led the charge to get cal... mike Pratt has told me the story of how cal got to uk. Memphis losing in the first weekend of the NCAA that year was the key... lee Todd and Barnhart met cal in the CHICAGO marriot before a bulls game and cal blew them away.

Those who don’t give Barnhart credit for this hire are simply lying to support a false narrative.

Reactions: fabcat and Jazzycat
I've seen some idiots in my time,and I've been watching UK sports since 1951, but jauk11 is by far in the top 5! Undamnbelieveable!!!

Reactions: Blue Decade
Since you have been around since before the 1865 founding, please pray tell all of us ingrate illiterates who was better than the current AD since you probably had a hand in hiring them all..law is giving you some good advise...you should heed it. You are making your self look more foolish all the time.

LOL

So you agree with Law that mitch wasn't incompetent with handling football, and that he actually did purposely lose about 20,000 season ticket holders (including you temporarily------alas, thousands will NEVER be back, maybe isolated games) AND more millions in donations by his master plan of destroying the football program?

Mitch Barnhart is the best athletic director in the history of uk. There is no debAte.

And he led the charge to get cal... mike Pratt has told me the story of how cal got to uk. Memphis losing in the first weekend of the NCAA that year was the key... lee Todd and Barnhart met cal in the CHICAGO marriot before a bulls game and cal blew them away.

Those who don’t give Barnhart credit for this hire are simply lying to support a false narrative.

Weird that with all the mitch supporters out there you are the first to come up with this great story almost a decade later.

Sounds like you were there.

Hard for me to swallow Law's "advice", seems like his story is that mitch deliberately ran football into the ground on purpose. And yes, it does look like that when you think about it, lol.

Claude Bassett and Hal Mumme almost ran UK football into the ground. I know you must feel worse about Newton than you do about Mitch. Mitch is a huge upgrade for UK sports.

And then, I can’t get over how we had Stoll field for so many years. It’s like the UK AD hated football. We should be writing book posts about how Stoll field was the symbol of UK incompetence that we just can’t get out of our minds. Never forget!!!

Let’s start a Stoll Field thread! I am furious.

Reactions: mtn cat1
I'm just going to say, it seems odd he has this deep resentment for the way football has been funded forever basically, yet his grudge is held against the guy that finally changed that. Because it wasn't "timely" enough even tho it came after decades and decades of neglect.
Exactly.

I'm appreciative of what Mitch has done here. Whether it was a year or 2 or 10 after I would've liked to have seen is irrelevant, I'm still grateful.
I suppose it's interesting that 1 individual living several 1,000s of miles from our campus takes so much pride in the attention he receives for being stubborn. But this dude literally hasn't been on UK's campus in the last 30 years. No matter how much better our program gets, how much better recruiting gets, how much better our new facilities are, how much is accomplished, some crybabies will always swim upstream to gain attention. We see inflammatory behavior in our society, so it isn't new and it isn't even particularly noteworthy. What's most relevant in this particular case is how this dude can hijack and kill nearly every thread on our football board. Some of us would actually like to discuss UK football in the real world, for gods sake, without having every f'ing thread stolen by a bored guy in Nevada who just loves the attention he gets for murdering threads and mindlessly attacking UK's administration.

Last edited:
I suppose it's interesting that 1 individual living several 1,000s of miles from our campus takes so much pride in the attention he receives for being stubborn. But this dude literally hasn't been on UK's campus in the last 30 years. No matter how much better our program gets, how much better recruiting gets, how much better our new facilities are, how much is accomplished, some crybabies will always swim upstream to gain attention. We see inflammatory behavior in our society, so it isn't new and it isn't even particularly noteworthy. What's most relevant in this particular case is how this dude can hijack and kill nearly every thread on our football board. Some of us would actually like to discuss UK football in the real world, for gods sake, without having every f'ing thread stolen by a bored guy in Nevada who just loves the attention he gets for murdering threads and mindlessly attacking UK's administration.

Glad to know you have been keeping tabs on me for the last 30 years, lol. Is it still your belief that you should have to live in Lexington to be a UK fan?

Only by one maybe two individuals.

All of my arguments and statements are backed by the FACTS. Name ONE thing out of the ordinary mitch did for football for well over a decade, when it wasn't in very good shape to start with AND had a very damaging probation to try to overcome, PLUS it should have been obvious that football was emerging as the money cow. The budgets were atrocious and were the published numbers.

To anyone that paid any attention to football at least, maybe he was busy with other things, like polishing up on his public statements.

I am still waiting for some of those that CLAIM they have debunked them to do so.

But thanks for keeping it alive, you are doing your part.

Need to close this thread,it’s way beyond stupid now!
Just about every thread on our football board is going to end up this way until a certain far western poster, apparently with nothing better to do in his life, opens his eyes and stops using the board as an attention seeking device.

Last edited:
Glad to know you have been keeping tabs on me for the last 30 years, lol. Is it still your belief that you should have to live in Lexington to be a UK fan?
This response is typical denial. I never suggested someone must live in Lexington to be a UK fan. Everyone knows the BBN is everywhere. That doesn't give you a justification for murdering our football board. Please cut it out.

Reactions: law1127
This response is typical denial. I never suggested someone must live in Lexington to be a UK fan. Everyone knows the BBN is everywhere. That doesn't give you a justification for murdering our football board. Please cut it out.
Maybe we should start a GoFundMe page and bring Juak in for a game, let him hang out with Mitch for a day and he can give him a guided t:smiley::sunglasses::smiley: of the campus and sports facilities. Mitch could let him have lunch with the guys in the "recruiting room":football::joy::joy::cool2::cool2:[banana]grand old time and he could discuss Mitch's sins about how he ruined UK fb all by his lonesome .:sunglasses:

Last edited:
All of my arguments and statements are backed by the FACTS. Name ONE thing out of the ordinary mitch did for football for well over a decade, when it wasn't in very good shape to start with AND had a very damaging probation to try to overcome, PLUS it should have been obvious that football was emerging as the money cow. The budgets were atrocious and were the published numbers.

To anyone that paid any attention to football at least, maybe he was busy with other things, like polishing up on his public statements.

I am still waiting for some of those that CLAIM they have debunked them to do so.

But thanks for keeping it alive, you are doing your part.
As I have said before, your arguments are not backed by facts. The numbers might be fact, but the story you paint around those numbers are pure fiction. You haven't provided proof of anything you say. First, the recruiting budget. While the numbers may be correct, the story is fiction. This was a news story at the time. Brooks and Joker, who was the recruiting coordinator at the time, were both interviewed about the recruiting budget. Both said they had the budget they wanted and needed. Both said if they felt like they needed more, they could get more. Mitch was also interviewed and said he put no restrictions on the football recruiting budget. The coaches asked for the amount in the budget and if they needed more he would have provided them with more. Those are facts. If you want to argue that Brooks and Joker didn't know how money they needed to recruit the areas they planned on recruiting, that is fine, but you can't blame the level of the recruiting budget on Mitch when he gave them what they asked for and was open to a higher spending level if they had wanted it.

You also talk about investing in football when it became evident that it was an emerging money cow. Explain exactly what you mean by investing in the program at time? What should Mitch have invested in during that time that he didn't?

Reactions: Blue Decade

You have certainly done your part, you attack me and I respond, the normal reaction. And actually I don't remember attacking UK's administration, certainly not the football team or its coaches, that I always support AS LONG AS THEY ARE OUR TEAM AND COACHES.

Some things are inexcusable IMO, guess what one of them is-------the AD that is SUPPOSED to be leading our athletic department giving dismal support to football when it IS the money cow, and OTHER SEC ADs are recognizing it. If there isn't anything he can do about it, why are we paying him the big bucks, all of HIS other sports depend on football------and it went below ground under his leadership. If there was NO money for football improvements where did all the money come from to spend on upgrading the other sports which he gets so much credit for doing? Was he not at all responsible for that also? Why did he spend $156,000 on hanging some pictures on a wall somewhere when that money would have made a lot of difference in

Well, first you had me living 3000 miles away, in the middle of the Pacific, you are getting better, how could you get worse on you telling me I couldn't be a fan, lol, and don't deny that.

You cut it out, I am just replying to dumb posts. Yours included about mitch, IMO, while I freely admit you have a lot of good info, I still have to wonder if you don't have quite a bit of help there from mitch's staff.

Watched UK break the 9-9 tie in softball with Transfer U today (probably not too many transfers in softball, not THE money cow you know. Walk off early because of the 8-0 score, big win over them in baseball yesterday too, all that FOOTBALL money he robbed for HIS sports has really paid off there------I still just firmly believe he would have had MORE money for them if he hadn't starved football for so long, millions lost in football, still going on, no problem now with the SEC money mostly due to THEIR football programs flowing in.

Money makes the world go round, the world go round, the wo------oh forget it, you know Liz.

Last edited:
Anyone trying to reason or change Jauk11 mind on Barnhart are wasting their time and breath. His mind is made up and his heals are dug in. It’s almost like Barnhart killed his dog or made a pass at his wife. He hates Barnhart with a passion and will not under any circumstance change his mind. This thread could go on for the remainder of time and he will still feel the same way he does now. It’s Pointless!!

some of the people who say they want the thread to end are a couple of the main ones keeping it going is the funny thing! personally it doesn't bother me if it goes on forever. I don't have to click on it,, so have at it guys!

LOL, when have I ever had anything but praise for our players, coaches, and yes, NOW the facilities are fine, what choice did UK have, with the "recruiting room" hanging around their neck, more of a SYMBOL of the support UK gave football than anything else AND of mitch's refusal to give an inch to UK FOOTBALL fans (NOTHING for the "recruiting room in a DOZEN years). Unlike your buddy that never misses a chance to take a cheap shot at our coach. Like he thinks the rest of the EXCELLENT staff he has assembled will stick around if Stoops is gone.

And maybe the Lawyer is right, maybe he did do an unbelievable job in destroying the program so UK had no choice but to try to slow down the huge losses in income UK was throwing away whether it was him that noticed the millions flying out the window OR some bean counters, someone certainly said there is NO excuse for the chinchy support with all the OTHER SEC teams football money rolling in.

None of the bean counters on here want to tell me how much losing all the donations from the "microwave fans" AND losing about 20,000 season ticket holders (OVER 40% of them) has cost us to date-----still is in ticket sales I think, don't see how anyone living in driving distance can turn down watching a team with this much raw talent up and down the roster, not just a few players with SEC talent.

some of the people who say they want the thread to end are a couple of the main ones keeping it going is the funny thing! personally it doesn't bother me if it goes on forever. I don't have to click on it,, so have at it guys!

Good observation, you took the words right out of my mouth, seriously was just going to post the same thing. They know I am going to respond, just the way I am, I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks of me as long as I am right (and I am), so every time they come up with their excuses for the inexcusable you can be sure that I am going to reply. I don't see how BD and Sluggo think keeping all the FACTS and bad publicity for their hero is a good thing.

And this is interrupting listening to Lawson's post game, walkoff early 8-0 win over Transfer U, hard to concentrate on both, although softball is a little slower than football.

I've seen some idiots in my time,and I've been watching UK sports since 1951, but jauk11 is by far in the top 5! Undamnbelieveable!!!

Says the poster that thinks driving a decent football program (averaged sellouts in 07, 6,000 OVER our PRESENT capacity) underground (and TWO consecutive two win seasons, NO SEC wins, LOSSES to BOTH instate johnny come lately programs), WAS underground, you think that was a DELIBERATE strategy for our amazing AD. LOL Someone should have been fired if that was what happened, get rid of the AD, NOT 20,000 season ticket holders.

Speaking of the top 5, I keep asking who agrees with your "smart" mitch deliberately losing all that fan support and MONEY, but haven't seen anyone that agrees with you yet, although they keep giving your posts likes. Weird how that works, kind of like BD endorsing all Sluggo's when he looks for every opportunity to dis Stoops, AND hurt recruiting in the process, not sure how much, but I do KNOW it sure as hell doesn't help it. No way in hell he gets fired anytime soon, and if he was do you think he would promote Gran or someone on the staff after Joker, and do you think Marrow would still be here? And who do you think would want the job if we fired him after the progress he has made, with MORE progress coming this year IMO.

Last edited:
Anyone trying to reason or change Jauk11 mind on Barnhart are wasting their time and breath. His mind is made up and his heals are dug in. It’s almost like Barnhart killed his dog or made a pass at his wife. He hates Barnhart with a passion and will not under any circumstance change his mind. This thread could go on for the remainder of time and he will still feel the same way he does now. It’s Pointless!!

I don't have a dog, never had the time and ties you down too much, and lost my wife, started smoking as a teenager and never could quit permanently even though she tried multiple times. Besides, why would I change my mind, argue with my arguments, argue with my FACTS.

I have a hard time hating anyone to the point of doing them bodily harm, (Had ONE fight in my life, third grade, other kid started it, luckily I bloodied his nose, fight over, so I retired undefeated) but I HATED watching him allow our football program to stand still (AND go backwards, anyone want to argue that?) because he did NOTHING over of the bare minimum for it, with bare minimum budgets, for over a decade-------while our competition all passed us up, anyone want to argue that? And no, we haven't passed Thug U OR Transfer U (yet), Joker upsetting Thug U with a WR at QB (and them with an incompetent coach, we had TWELVE yards passing, LOL) and them floundering last year doesn't change the fact both will probably be favored over us this year, UNTIL we show what we have got, hopefully------AND out recruiting us overall, Thug U no doubt, and Transfer U when you factor in the amazing number of P5 "transfers" they bring in each year, three this year, plus six or seven JCs when needed. Amazing the APR numbers those non qualifiers put up at jurich's school------oh wait, he gone, maybe no more $500,000 bonuses so maybe BP will cut back on working 24 hours a day on that.

No, it will just be ignored, like all the other dismal FACTS.

You want to talk about a group committed to ignoring the FACTS, it isn't me. Sure, we are in a good place, BUT going through hell to get there was necessary AND delaying it for a decade was necessary , BS. His penny wise and pound foolish budgets has cost us millions, still is.

Last edited:
Claude Bassett and Hal Mumme almost ran UK football into the ground. I know you must feel worse about Newton than you do about Mitch. Mitch is a huge upgrade for UK sports.

And then, I can’t get over how we had Stoll field for so many years. It’s like the UK AD hated football. We should be writing book posts about how Stoll field was the symbol of UK incompetence that we just can’t get out of our minds. Never forget!!!

Let’s start a Stoll Field thread! I am furious.

Stoll Field was a great place, loved it, stayed for every minute of every game when I was at UK. Usually packed, great talent for UK at the time, just no depth with the "Thin Thirty", will never forget the roar from the crowd when Seiple tucked the ball and took off. I used to get in arguments with fans that dissed Norton when he was standing in there while the pass rush was destroying him. Bird, Norton, Ball, Kestner, Davis, lots of all time greats there then but injuries with the lack of depth ended up killing them. Also our high school coach got me tickets for the Thug U game where Lou destroyed them, one of the most outstanding individual display on defense I ever saw.

But of course CW was way overdue, like most other football things.

As I have said before, your arguments are not backed by facts. The numbers might be fact, but the story you paint around those numbers are pure fiction. You haven't provided proof of anything you say. First, the recruiting budget. While the numbers may be correct, the story is fiction. This was a news story at the time. Brooks and Joker, who was the recruiting coordinator at the time, were both interviewed about the recruiting budget. Both said they had the budget they wanted and needed. Both said if they felt like they needed more, they could get more. Mitch was also interviewed and said he put no restrictions on the football recruiting budget. The coaches asked for the amount in the budget and if they needed more he would have provided them with more. Those are facts. If you want to argue that Brooks and Joker didn't know how money they needed to recruit the areas they planned on recruiting, that is fine, but you can't blame the level of the recruiting budget on Mitch when he gave them what they asked for and was open to a higher spending level if they had wanted it.

You also talk about investing in football when it became evident that it was an emerging money cow. Explain exactly what you mean by investing in the program at time? What should Mitch have invested in during that time that he didn't?

LOL, at that time he should have done something, ANYTHING, for the "RR" (tired of typing it), you know, the one in use for about FIFTEEN years, about TWELVE after he took over, with NO improvements, the corner of a warehouse with the concrete floors, folding chairs and projection screen, etc etc. You know the one don't you, is there a fan that doesn't, the one that the coaches still had to use even with all the pictures of it out there. I even argued that at the time he got his huge raise (about $100,000??, in the middle of destroying football, as Lawyer correctly observed) and while Brooks was having sellouts all year while getting raises that averaged about 3% a year (PLUS giving part of it to Joker when he got offers in order to keep him) that he should have donated his old house furniture to the "RR", ANYTHING would have been a big improvement, lol.

Didn't both coaches work for him, and wasn't he and Joker "buddies", maybe that helped Joker get the job, no waves there.

If they were OK with it then he should have fired both of them (although Joker might have thought he might have to spend 60% of his time on the road instead of 50% doing most of the recruiting if they raised the budget), obviously the budget ONE THIRD of Thug U's that had every advantage in the world (not counting the "Orange Pride" and their recruiting trips, the not allowed $1200 ($1200??? Don't think anything came of that) plane tickets to fly the Houston prospect in, paying for the "recruiting service" that got Oregon in trouble (dropped immediately), free admission to the night club where the EIGHT thugs kicked TWO separate men into the hospital with NO problems, using public money to buy off the rape plaintiffs, never to be heard from again, how many $100 handshakes we don't know about? Probably not as many as hurtt passed out, the $5000 "loan" that was repaid by hurtt AFTER the check was found, and immediately replaced with $100 bills no doubt. Or was that to keep hurtt from having his power cut off, lol. AND that budget was 60% of basketball's budget for LESS than ONE SIXTH the players, it obviously wasn't getting the job done, if you didn't need over about $300,000 for 85 football players why in hell did you need over $500,000 for basketball with LESS than one sixth the players AND every other possible advantage in the world, what did their "recruiting room" and free living quarters palace have over football? Brooks (and Joker, IMO, not as a HC, but who would have won at UK when he took over, with TWO JC four stars against Florida that had about FIFTY four stars and ten FIVE stars on their roster, where the TWO DEEP starters (FORTY FOUR) averaged over a 5.9, while we STARTED more two stars than three stars, lol) both did great work at UK IMO, (not up to Sluggo's standards, of course) not sure if Saban would have done a lot better. But then of course he would have left in the middle of the season OR before the first game, kind of like he did at Miami and BP did at Atlanta in the Pros.

Would you please explain how it was humanly possible for the operating budget for football, a more expensive sport, more coaches, with EIGHTY FIVE RIDES vs basketball's thirteen, to be about the same as basketball's, about $11M for football and over $10M for basketball? Paying the full out of state tuition probably cost football about a million more (over $13,000 MORE per OOS scholarship a few years ago) than it does basketball. Or do the bb players all pay instate tuition, wouldn't be at all surprised, lol. What crucial games did our passed out drunk on the highway bb player miss, and what CRUCIAL BOWL GAME did the only QB that gave us a chance of winning miss, lol again. I think that alone cost Joker the support of THE WHOLE TEAM, not just the seniors, because he got credit for it although there is NO WAY IN HELL he put his millions on the line for playing a LEGAL AGE player that got drunk, (the shame of it all) with out it coming from his "buddy" up above. The legal age fifth year senior college student that took a taxi home instead of driving after drinking------unlike the bb player passed out drunk on the highway? Of course Cal had to have another special AD, smart man. And how about that kangaroo court, headed by jealous faculty (and they do have reason to be jealous, football has gotten stupid) that didn't want to LOAN the money to replace the TWO YEARS OVERDUE scoreboards when football has GIVEN them millions over the years-------AND overdid it by obligating the athletic department for over $60M of money above the cost that couldn't possibly be raised before. Right.

But thanks for confirming that my budget numbers ARE correct, contrary to my critics saying none of it is correct, while NEVER bothering to TRY (because they CAN'T) to contradict my numbers--------numbers from the SAME source, by the way, UK, if they are off they both should be off about the same. I have always respected your information, if not your alliances.

Oh, I don't know, how about firing Brown instead of keeping him on as the "Co-DC to save his buyout (about SIXTY times less than Stoops, lol), how about allowing Brooks to give part of his salary (Only $7M when he started, only $9M when he "gave up", average raise for EIGHT years LESS than 3%, what did mitch get in the middle of his football incompetence, at least five times that in one year), what about actually using the "recruiting room" for about FIFTEEN YEARS, (without even replacing the folding chairs? Of course Tee didn't use it, just lied to recruits), I still firmly believe that the $156,000 that would have made a relative palace of that corner of a warehouse that was spent on putting some pictures up on a wall somewhere was his way to tell those "microwave fans, (LOL) who was in charge, NOTHING for the laughing stock but $156,000 for that, wonder how many fans on here were all over him to do something about that bare space on that wall. Geez.

I think my long post is pretty accurate, and I have to wonder where all the "microwave fans" are that gave up season tickets in the family for generations in protest of primarily mitch, imo, of course they may not even read this board again let alone go to games, lol. Of course some are happy, they got even better seats even though they had season tickets for over thirty years, because about TWENTY THOUSAND, a lot with even longer longevity, gave their tickets up, now one of mitch's biggest fans while trying to get our coach that has brought in unbelievable talent for UK AND has improved the team AND staff every year run off But then he would have his favorite AD to pick his successor, that had Brooks come out of retirement to rescue him when no one else wanted to come to this dumpster fire facing PROBATION with his SUPPORT, the one that kept Tubby too long, IMO, that hired CBG on a scrap of paper without proper vetting, delayed Cal for two years (same stupid vetting as Billie, I guess), promoted Joker, sounded logical at the time, just doomed his "buddy" with more abysmal support, AND had Stoops come in with an excellent plan (Marrow and recruiting his home state nearest the SEC genius moves) that sold mitch on getting the job because he knew what kind of "microwave fans" we had.

More, but I am getting tired of wasting my time, not my way to give up without a fight though. OK, we are in a good place now, should mitch be given ANY credit for it when it HAD to be done (ask Lawyer) AND the money was flowing in from OTHER SEC teams supporting football. TV money indirectly, bowl games directly, selling CW down the road much more lucrative than it would have been without SEC football. For quite a time our football fans paid to see a LOT of super talent ON THE OTHER TEAM------and a few on UK's team.

Sorry for the diversion on Thug U, and some repeats, but I have wasted too much time already------and of course I will HAVE TO come back and contradict some of the other posts on here, probably lining up now, one I need to answer now, but no worry.

Wheeeeen will they ever learn, wheeeeen will they evvvveeeeer learn, speaking of those that want the thread to end, but keep posting on here trying to defend the indefensible, lol.

Last edited:
jauk, no offense, because you seem like a good guy, but you spend a lot of space writing about things that don't even pertain to the discussion, which makes it hard to read your posts. My responses are below in the body of your writing.

jauk said:

LOL, at that time he should have done something, ANYTHING, for the "RR"......

Building the recruiting room was discussed at the time, if you recall. They were debating whether to have it as a stand alone room or to have it as a part of the stadium. They decided they preferred it as a part of the stadium, so it became an item that was included in the stadium upgrades. You may disagree with that decision, but that doesn't make you right and Mitch wrong. It's just your opinion, and one that is far less informed than the AD.

Didn't both coaches work for him, and wasn't he and Joker "buddies", maybe that helped Joker get the job, no waves there.

What does this have to do with the discussion?

If they were OK with it then he should have fired both of them (although Joker might have thought he might have to spend 60% of his time on the road instead of 50% doing most of the recruiting if they raised the budget), obviously the budget ONE THIRD of Thug U's that had every advantage in the world (not counting the "Orange Pride" and their recruiting trips, the not allowed $1200 ($1200???...........

Most of this has nothing to do with anything. "Thug U" and "Orange Pride" have nothing to do with UK or this discussion. The little stories you tell are irrelevant to what we are talking about. I have no idea how Brooks and Joker came up with the budget for recruiting, but they felt it was what they needed. Once again, you wanted something different and therefore they should be fired and the AD screwed everyone over. Again the level of the recruiting budget is your opinion and that doesn't make you right. The coaches at the time disagreed with you. Are you suggesting you know more than they do. Even if it should have been higher, that is on Brooks and Joker because they could have had more.

Would you please explain how it was humanly possible for the operating budget for football, a more expensive sport, more coaches, with EIGHTY FIVE RIDES vs basketball's thirteen, to be about the same as basketball's, about $11M for football and over $10M for basketball?.............

What does a "passed out drunk on the highway bb player" or Cal having a special AD or the loan have to with anything? We are talking about what the AD had the ability to do versus what he actually did in terms of funding football. What the basketball program does, what other universities did, have no bearing on the situation for football at UK at the time. I have no idea about everything that makes up the expenses to operate the football program so I can't judge whether $11 M is a good budget or not, and I suspect that you don't either. Comparing it to basketball tells us nothing. How do we know if the basketball budget is reasonable and not extravagant. Should we compare our basketball budget to Alabama's or Georgia's. None of this tells us anything about what the AD forced on, or withheld from, the football program.

But thanks for confirming that my budget numbers ARE correct, contrary to my critics saying none of it is correct, while NEVER bothering to TRY (because they CAN'T) to contradict my numbers--------numbers from the SAME source, by the way, UK, if they are off they both should be off about the same. I have always respected your information, if not your alliances.

I didn't verify your numbers. I am assuming you are pulling them from public documents.

Oh, I don't know, how about firing Brown instead of keeping him on as the "Co-DC to save his buyout (about SIXTY times less than Stoops, lol), how about allowing Brooks to give part of his salary (Only $7M when he started, only $9M when he "gave up", average raise for EIGHT years LESS than 3%, what did mitch get in the middle of his football incompetence, at least five times that in one year), what about actually using the "recruiting room" for about FIFTEEN YEARS, (without even replacing the folding chairs?.............

Show me a news report of any legitimate source that proves Brown was retained to avoid the buyout. How do you know Brooks wanted to fire him but the AD refused. You throw out these internet stories as if they are proven facts, when most of them are complete BS.

I think my long post is pretty accurate,...........

Basically, you have said he should have built a recruiting room instead of adding it to the stadium, which has been addressed and shown to be strategic decision as to where they wanted it instead of the AD not wanting to spend the money. You have also said the recruiting budget was too small even though the coaches choose the budget level they wanted and could have had more. So once again, you are blaming the AD because he did what the coaches asked and not what you wanted. Finally, they retained Brown to avoid his buyout. Show me something that supports that conclusion. Everything else you typed was just unrelated stories that don't have anything to do with the discussion

Sorry for the diversion on Thug U, and some repeats, but I have wasted too much time already------and of course I will HAVE TO come back and contradict some of the other posts on here, probably lining up now, one I need to answer now, but no worry.

Wheeeeen will they ever learn, wheeeeen will they evvvveeeeer learn, speaking of those that want the thread to end, but keep posting on here trying to defend the indefensible, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT