ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world is MB still at UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how else to respond to someone that writes in the volume he does, much of which is about unrelated stories. It seems like the best way to keep everything focused and clear to me. I don't see how it is disrespectful in any way.

Actually I don't either. Too much to cover at one time.

Will have to wait for time to reply.

Reactions: robo222
Breaking down a guys post and arguing by paragraph is kind of a douche move
Talking about a douche...someone writing something that long and keeps regurgitating the same BS past history over and over and the only one that seems to be buying it is you. You don't even have to read it anymore to know the bull that is there.

Actually I don't either. Too much to cover at one time.

Will have to wait for time to reply.
Please don't bother...just say MB sucks. We already know the rest of your revisionist history. Just give the cliff notes version.

I was hoping we could get this thread to dry up,and blow away. Looks to me ,like everybody has or should have had,their last word on this topic!

Reactions: Blue Decade
I was hoping we could get this thread to dry up,and blow away. Looks to me ,like everybody has or should have had,their last word on this topic!
why do you care how long this thread stays open? You are one of the main participants!

Please don't bother...just say MB sucks. We already know the rest of your revisionist history. Just give the cliff notes version.

Correction, mb sucked. Don't think I have said anywhere he sucks now, just that he had no choice but to TRY to correct past sins, AND because of that I don't give him lot of credit for doing what he HAD to do now.

Besides, I thought the story was that he had nothing to do with running the football program into the ground, it was those big old bullies with the money behind the scenes.

Get your story straight.

Watching the US TE&F indoor meet, Sydney beat the old world record in the 400 meters at 50.36------unfortunately the USC woman ran a 50.34 word record in an earlier heat, so she was running against the clock and came up 0.02 seconds short. A new junior world record. Duckworth just won the Decathlon, women's hurdles coming up, an event UK has dominated lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRunner11
jauk11 when was the last time you attended a game in Lexington?

Sorry for the delay. This is for your eyes only, since you asked, the rest don't read, I will cry when I read your comments.

When was the last time you played a flag football game? When was the last time you were the referee in a state football playoff championship game?

I played in my last city flag football game when I was 41, top notch league, had to pay to play, lots of former college players, had all kind of trophies and awards and an awards banquet at the end of the season. Went to the first tryout and happened to be the team that won the league (My team) which happened to be the one that started the league that also happened to be coached by the man (crook) that organized and ran the league. After the tryout he was all enthused, said I would play on his team, fill out the forms. When I did he said, "But you can't play, you are too old, the age limit is 40". I'm not sure whether he changed the rule or just lied about my age but I played, pretty disappointed that I didn't play both ways, but we had a lot of talent.

He was a crook, ran a boiler room outfit, huge three story building, they cracked down on them the next year, went to the auction and the "houseboats" they sold (or gave away) were big blown up balloon affairs, pretty sure they wouldn't have even floated. Went to sign up the second year and he knew I was an experienced official so he said I had to referee and head up the officials, I said BS, I want to play. He kept insisting for about two weeks of practice and then gave me the OK to play the day before the first game and I told him to stick it. They played all the games but he absconded with all the banquet fees and trophy money before the banquet, lol.

Started officiating after my company's league got cancelled because of a fist and a broken bridge, started a city league from scratch that I ran, coached, played, and officiated in when not playing-------good league, UNLV college football players, Fire Department ran by a buddy, Metro cops another buddy (at the time), another large test site company like ours, and my company, five teams, four played each other each Sunday and played each other twice, the third city league I started and ran, the first dissolved at the end of the year when the officials quit, too rough for them. BIG 6' 7" honorable All American basketball player the main referee, not sure why he was worried. My second city league broke up when too many players wanted to stay home on Sunday and watch the NFL, which suddenly got popular. The others probably didn't like us winning the league either, lol.

The second city league was the first year I started officiating football, that year, second year I was married, I had the association instructions and assignment meeting on Monday , (followed by a few drinks until Midnight), TUESDAY OFF, Wednesday night high school B games, Thursday JV games, Friday Varsity games with a few drinks, and Saturday four youth football games, except a few times when the other official qualified to referee didn't show up and I had to do eight games. Second year they combined B and JV games on Thursday which helped. Had a national youth football tournament at the end of the season, usually did 4 to 8 games on Saturday and Sunday then, also about 100 flag football teams one year, started at 6:30 AM Friday and ended at 11PM Sunday night, did ten of those games a day, about ten fields laid out on a huge golf driving range Then, if UK was on TV on Saturdays I had to rush home before I heard the score and watch the video I had recorded, made me miss some other good games because I had to watch it before the others so I didn't see the score early. I never did understand why my wife thought that was a bit much, after all I didn't try to officiate softball or basketball-------although I did play them a few years.

Any way the first time I said "hey honey, i'm going to fly back to Kentucky and watch UK play this weekend" would have been the straw that broke the camel's back, and besides I enjoyed and thought it was more important and looked forward to what I did a lot more than I would have liked watching a game anyway. And now the plane flights, exorbinant tickets for mitch to spend, and leaving family and friends when you can watch a lot more games on TV makes it a losing proposition to me, I will watch all I can on TV, and all of UK's games are on TV now.

Sorry, but I think I contributed more by playing and officiating for 33 years than I would have sitting on my butt watching a game (which I also did quite a bit of), and it was never a contest about which I had rather be doing at any time, and I am sure I have officiated well over 2,000 games and probably played in about fifteen flag football leagues.

Aren't you glad you asked, I don't apologize to anyone for not flying back there to watch a football game I can watch a lot better on TV, sorry mitch, you are probably going to find out that a lot of old time fans that bought season tickets for years are going to be the same way-------you know, all those "microwave fans".

And I certainly don't apologize to a couple of the stuffed shirts on hers.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. This is for your eyes only, since you asked, the rest don't read, I will cry when I read your comments.

When was the last time you played a flag football game? When was the last time you were the referee in a state football playoff championship game?

I played in my last city flag football game when I was 41, top notch league, had to pay to play, lots of former college players, had all kind of trophies and awards and an awards banquet at the end of the season. Went to the first tryout and happened to be the team that won the league (My team) which happened to be the one that started the league that also happened to be coached by the man (crook) that organized and ran the league. After the tryout he was all enthused, said I would play on his team, fill out the forms. When I did he said, "But you can't play, you are too old, the age limit is 40". I'm not sure whether he changed the rule or just lied about my age but I played, pretty disappointed that I didn't play both ways, but we had a lot of talent.

He was a crook, ran a boiler room outfit, huge three story building, they cracked down on them the next year, went to the auction and the "houseboats" they sold (or gave away) were big blown up balloon affairs, pretty sure they wouldn't have even floated. Went to sign up the second year and he knew I was an experienced official so he said I had to referee and head up the officials, I said BS, I want to play. He kept insisting for about two weeks of practice and then gave me the OK to play the day before the first game and I told him to stick it. They played all the games but he absconded with all the banquet fees and trophy money before the banquet, lol.

Started officiating after my company's league got cancelled because of a fist and a broken bridge, started a city league from scratch that I ran, coached, played, and officiated in when not playing-------good league, UNLV college football players, Fire Department ran by a buddy, Metro cops another buddy (at the time), another large test site company like ours, and my company, five teams, four played each other each Sunday and played each other twice, the third city league I started and ran, the first dissolved at the end of the year when the officials quit, too rough for them. BIG 6' 7" honorable All American basketball player the main referee, not sure why he was worried. My second city league broke up when too many players wanted to stay home on Sunday and watch the NFL, which suddenly got popular. The others p robably didn't like us winning the league either, lol.

The second city league was the first year I started officiating football, that year, second year I was married, I had the association instructions and assignment meeting on Monday , (followed by a few drinks until Midnight), TUESDAY OFF, Wednesday night high school B games, Thursday JV games, Friday Varsity games with a few drinks, and Saturday four youth football games, except a few times when the other official qualified to referee didn't show up and I had to do eight games. Second year they combined B and JV games on Thursday which helped. Had a national youth football tournament at the end of the season, usually did 4 to 8 games on Saturday and Sunday then, also about 100 flag football teams one year, started at 6:30 AM and ended at 11PM Sunday night, did ten of those games a day, about ten fields laid out on a Then, if UK was on TV on Saturdays I had to rush home before I heard the score and watch the video I had recorded, made me miss some other good games because I had to watch it before the others so I didn't see the score early. I never did understand why my wife thought that was a bit much, after all I didn't try to officiate softball or basketball-------although I did play them a few years.

Any way the first time I said "hey honey, i'm going to fly back to Kentucky and watch UK play this weekend" would have been the straw that broke the camel's back, and besides I enjoyed and thought it was more important and looked forward to what I did a lot more than I would have liked watching a game anyway. And now the plane flights, exorbinant tickets for mitch to spend, and leaving family and friends when you can watch a lot more games on TV makes it a losing proposition to me, I will watch all I can on TV, and all of UK's games are on TV now.

Sorry, but I think I contributed more by playing and officiating for 33 years than I would have sitting on my butt watching a game (which I also did quite a bit of), and it was never a contest about which I had rather be doing at any time, and I am sure I have officiated well over 2,000 games and probably played in about fifteen flag football leagues.

Aren't you glad you asked, I don't apologize to anyone for not flying back there to watch a football game I can watch a lot better on TV, sorry mitch, you are probably going to find out that a lot of old time fans that bought season tickets for years are going to be the same way-------you know, all those "microwave fans".

And I certainly don't apologize to a couple of the stuffed shirts on hers.
I didn't ask to make you feel guilty about not going, I live much closer and don't go but once a year. I asked to understand how little you have seen of the change that has happened under Barnhart 1st hand.

You're stuck in this rut of hate for all things Barnhart it seems and I think if you had actually seen the change 1st hand and how it correlates to the money the SEC TV contract brought in you may realize Kentucky is not as rich of a state as some think. Barnhart does not slice the pie. Hell this state can't even pay our teachers or keep their pensions funded, believe me it's not people like Barnhart who control the purse strings here. Tom Jurich was as successful with money like he was because he was basically a criminal heading up a criminal organization that included his coaches and president of the university who also benefited from corrupt politicians in the largest city in Kentucky, that translates into lots of clout in Frankfort. One only needs to look at cash flow from athletics and school to understand the difference in priorities between the two schools. I'm not going to get into a deep conversation with you about this because frankly it is water under the bridge, serves no purpose, and bores me. Things are much better than they once were. Have a good day man.

I didn't ask to make you feel guilty about not going, I live much closer and don't go but once a year. I asked to understand how little you have seen of the change that has happened under Barnhart 1st hand.

You're stuck in this rut of hate for all things Barnhart it seems and I think if you had actually seen the change 1st hand and how it correlates to the money the SEC TV contract brought in you may realize Kentucky is not as rich of a state as some think. Barnhart does not slice the pie. Hell this state can't even pay our teachers or keep their pensions funded, believe me it's not people like Barnhart who control the purse strings here. Tom Jurich was as successful with money like he was because he was basically a criminal heading up a criminal organization that included his coaches and president of the university who also benefited from corrupt politicians in the largest city in Kentucky, that translates into lots of clout in Frankfort. One only needs to look at cash flow from athletics and school to understand the difference in priorities between the two schools. I'm not going to get into a deep conversation with you about this because frankly it is water under the bridge, serves no purpose, and bores me. Things are much better than they once were. Have a good day man.

I'm stuck in this rut of trying to set the record straight, mitch is the farthest thing in the world from a football hero to me, wonder how many "microwave fans" agree with me? They seem to have lost interest in football. Good lord, do I have to visit all the seven wonders of the world to know they exist?

Agree with a lot of of your post but if true why does mitch get so much credit for all the FOOTBALL money that has been poured into his minor sports that couldn't possibly have been spent on football? Can't have it both ways, UK football is in a good place FINALLY, but unlike the Lawyer I don't agree that he should have deliberated destroyed it in order to get the support he had to get. If he wasn't able to do anything for the money cow for over a decade why is he getting paid the big bucks, to insult his customers?

But congrats, you got the automatic likes from the two most responsible for this thread continuing, maybe if someone resurrected the one where hundreds of fans swore they would never donate money they wanted to donate to FOOTBALL projects while mitch was spending the money it would have a similar long run, lol, I just respond, and I will as long as I think I am right, and sorry but mitch gets very little credit from me for doing what he HAD to do. a decade late and with $40,000,000 a year (plus bowl money) coming in every year because OTHERS recognized what the money cow was a decade earlier. Feel free to make him your hero though.

Stand by for your like from the Lawyer, and do you agree with his wild A$$ theory?

I'm stuck in this rut of trying to set the record straight, mitch is the farthest thing in the world from a football hero to me, wonder how many "microwave fans" agree with me? They seem to have lost interest in football. Good lord, do I have to visit all the seven wonders of the world to know they exist?

Agree with a lot of of your post but if true why does mitch get so much credit for all the FOOTBALL money that has been poured into his minor sports that couldn't possibly have been spent on football? Can't have it both ways, UK football is in a good place FINALLY, but unlike the Lawyer I don't agree that he should have deliberated destroyed it in order to get the support he had to get. If he wasn't able to do anything for the money cow for over a decade why is he getting paid the big bucks, to insult his customers?

But congrats, you got the automatic likes from the two most responsible for this thread continuing, maybe if someone resurrected the one where hundreds of fans swore they would never donate money they wanted to donate to FOOTBALL projects while mitch was spending the money it would have a similar long run, lol, I just respond, and I will as long as I think I am right, and sorry but mitch gets very little credit from me for doing what he HAD to do. a decade late and with $40,000,000 a year (plus bowl money) coming in every year because OTHERS recognized what the money cow was a decade earlier. Feel free to make him your hero though.

Stand by for your like from the Lawyer, and do you agree with his wild A$$ theory?
I want to address the money that was spent on other sports programs at UK. First, lets remember that the stadium renovation and training facility had to be bonded in order to be built because of the size of the investment. With the hospital and other projects taking most of the university's bonding capacity, a project of that size had to wait its turn to be funded. That's why I don't believe the "fan revolt" had any impact on when the renovation and training facility was built. Had that "fan revolt" happened two years earlier, the stadium renovation and training facility still would not have been built then because they did not have bonding capacity to build it. That left the athletic department with only the ability to fund smaller projects that would not take up significant amounts of bonding capacity. They had the ability to fund the smaller projects for other sports and that's what they did while they were waiting on the bonding capacity to become available for the football project. It's not really that hard to understand. And it's exactly what they should have done.

I want to address the money that was spent on other sports programs at UK. First, lets remember that the stadium renovation and training facility had to be bonded in order to be built because of the size of the investment. With the hospital and other projects taking most of the university's bonding capacity, a project of that size had to wait its turn to be funded. That's why I don't believe the "fan revolt" had any impact on when the renovation and training facility was built. Had that "fan revolt" happened two years earlier, the stadium renovation and training facility still would not have been built then because they did not have bonding capacity to build it. That left the athletic department with only the ability to fund smaller projects that would not take up significant amounts of bonding capacity. They had the ability to fund the smaller projects for other sports and that's what they did while they were waiting on the bonding capacity to become available for the football project. It's not really that hard to understand. And it's exactly what they should have done.

So, you are saying that they could have passed a smaller bond, like one to replace the folding chairs? What kind of bonds did they pass for all the minor sports improvements that everyone gives him so much credit for, weren't some of those fairly major?

So, you are saying that they could have passed a smaller bond, like one to replace the folding chairs? What kind of bonds did they pass for all the minor sports improvements that everyone gives him so much credit for, weren't some of those fairly major?
I think most of those were in the $6 to $10 million range. They were all small potatoes compared to a football project.

I think most of those were in the $6 to $10 million range. They were all small potatoes compared to a football project.

So was the scoreboards and speakers then, and the making the "recruiting room" not an eyesore would have been a grain of rice, or maybe the $156,000 he spent to hang some pictures on a wall somewhere. Anyone seen it, is his picture front and center, lol.

All caught up, anyone want to continue?

So was the scoreboards and speakers then, and the making the "recruiting room" not an eyesore would have been a grain of rice, or maybe the $156,000 he spent to hang some pictures on a wall somewhere. Anyone seen it, is his picture front and center, lol.

All caught up, anyone want to continue?
Yes, those would have been minor expenditures as well. So the bottom line now, as I understand it, is he was a bad football AD because he didn't update the scoreboard fast enough, buy some speakers, spruce up the recruiting before incorporating it into the stadium, and hanging some pictures that offended your microwave mentality. I'm glad we were able to sort everything out.

Yes, those would have been minor expenditures as well. So the bottom line now, as I understand it, is he was a bad football AD because he didn't update the scoreboard fast enough, buy some speakers, spruce up the recruiting before incorporating it into the stadium, and hanging some pictures that offended your microwave mentality. I'm glad we were able to sort everything out.

You are a hell of a lot more intelligent than that, even my long posts don't do justice to all of his injustices to football.

I think you’ve set the record straight,and convinced all of us, so no need to post anymore on the subject!

Reactions: jauk11
One of them is unemployed after being fired for corruption, the other just got an extension and raise for doing such a good job. LOL!

But the one was supposed to be making $5,000,000 a year PLUS who knows how much from relatives and kickbacks while the other is still trying to reach the $1,000,000 level after 16 years on the job-------in the SEC. And the ONLY reason he wasn't fired is because OTHER SEC ADs saved his A$$ by making OVER $40,000,000 a year PLUS bowl income (not from UK bowls, think Bama and Georgia) available, making the TENS OF MILLiONS he cost us in football forgotten (STILL IS being lost, most of the 20,000 season ticket holders gone for good, even with the best talent we have had in DECADES), now he was able to obligate the athletic department for about 60% more than needed for the CW renovation when just the money itself was delayed about seven years, from the 07 season. More Kissing A$$ to insure his job security. Similar to replacing the money for the scoreboard renovations in about a day when the faculty objected to the LOAN WITH INTEREST for the scoreboard renovations that couldn't have possibly been raised any sooner, lol. Money that football had GIVEN academics many times over through the years, paying full out of state tuition for all our out of state athletes another huge gift AND refusing to match the two nearby city colleges and Thug U's FREE MONEY with about FOUR PERCENT of Stoops buyout another huge drawback to recruiting, even if the COA is a forbidden subject on here-------don't think for a minute Transfer U's coaches don't mention it hundreds of times, as well as City College Cincy that signed THREE four stars that we were interested in the last cycle. Cincy has better facilities, coaching, competition, BS, NO CHOICE, more free money for ALL the athletes we have on scholarship for about five or six percent of our football coaches salaries a no brainer IMO, took Bama less than a day to about DOUBLE theirs to match Auburn's. My guess is that the coaches would love to give that up and recoup it in job security and salary from increased talent in a year or so, maybe with being hired by Bama.

You and others can make him your football hero if you like, he destroyed our program with lack of support for a full decade, thank God for Brooks that also saved his A$$ when nobody else wanted the job, coming in with the 92nd ranked recruiting class, thirteen UNRANKED two stars, a four star that never played, and a JC transfer 5.5. And TWO consecutive TWO OOC win seasons with losses to both Johnny Come Lately in state schools WAS a destroyed program, I like to look at the situation the way it happened. If he gets the credit for renovating HIS minor sports with football's money then he gets credit for spending LESS than the bare minimum on football-------and he would have had MORE money for his minor sports if he had spent even a decent amount of FOOTBALL'S money back where it came from, the LONG running thread on here from hundreds of fans saying they wanted to donate to football projects but would NEVER donate a cent as long as he was in charge (KFund) of the money was VERY telling. You know, the "microwave fans" -------also known as THE CUSTOMER. It indicates some degree of stupidity when you insult your customer, AND refuse to apologize to them.

Did football with too many millions rolling in to spend and losing money hand over fist by insulting your customers have ANY choice but to spend money on it like a drunken sailor? AND did spending all that money on football have a huge effect on our talent, NO DOUBT.

I don't think mitch had ANY choice, and we started out in a HUGE hole when Stoops got here, and we are STILL trying to overcome our (well earned) basketball school reputation. In Joker's first year the football (MONEY COW, $18,000,000 income compared to $5,000,000 for the BEST most extravagant basketball program in the nation back then) teams recruiting budget was SIXTY PERCENT of basketball's (NOT counting Midnight Madness, which matched football's recruiting budget that year)----------for typically about FOUR times the recruits.. When is our football team going to go on that training trip to Hawaii, or when is it going to buy two "bowl trips" by buying two games at Hawaii, are those games still not counted against your schedule, or does Bama still have them sewed up, they don't need them any more.

Why does everyone just ignore my FACTS, is it because you can't argue with them? I agree, best to just ignore them and let the thread die.

End of rant, fire away, I am used to it, and it doesn't change the FACTS.

Last edited:
But the one was supposed to be making $5,000,000 a year PLUS who knows how much from relatives and kickbacks while the other is still trying to reach the $1,000,000 level after 16 years on the job-------in the SEC. And the ONLY reason he wasn't fired is because OTHER SEC ADs saved his A$$ by making OVER $30,000,000 a year PLUS bowl income (not from UK bowls, think Bama and Georgia) available, making the TENS OF MILLiONS he cost us in football forgotten (STILL IS), now he was able to obligate the athletic department for about 60% more than needed for the CW renovation, more Kissing A$$ to insure his job security. Similar to replacing the money for the scoreboard renovations in about a day when the faculty objected to the LOAN WITH INTEREST for the scoreboard renovations that couldn't have possibly been raised any sooner, lol. Money that football had GIVEN academics many times over through the years, paying full out of state tuition for all our out of state athletes AND refusing to match the two nearby city colleges and Thug U's FREE MONEY with about FOUR PERCENT of Stoops buyout another huge drawback to recruiting, even if it is a forbidden subject on here-------don't thin for a minute Transfer U's coaches don't mention it hundreds of times, as well as City College Cincy that signe THREE four stars that we were interested in the last cycle. Better facilities, coaching, competition, BS, more free money for ALL the athletes we have on scholarship for about five or six percent of our football coaches salaries. My guess is that they would love to give that up and recoup it in job security and salary from increased talent in a year or so.

You and others can can make him your football hero if you like, he destroyed our program with lack of support, and TWO consecutive TWO OOC wins with losses to both Johnny Come Lately in state schools WAS a destroyed program, I like to look at the situation the way it happened.
I've been a season ticket holder for a long time, I dont know who destroyed our football program but it was destroyed long before he was ever heard of around here. Save that nonsense for a newbie.

Sorry, didn't realize this was a thread that probably should have ended long ago, but really irritating to me to see the man that did more to destroy our football program THIS CENTURY (when football was obviously emerging as THE money cow) than anyone else is suddenly a football hero, lol. Even law, that jumps on every one of my posts, agrees that mitch destroyed the program, except he has the wild idea that he did it ON PURPOSE to get more support for the football program when other SEC programs had already proven that more support was ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

And NO improvements in the "recruiting room" in use for FIFTEEN YEARS with no improvements AND after all the other coaches had pictures of it PROVING we were a "basketball school" only was inexcusable, with spending $156,000 to hang some pictures on a wall somewhere just his way of showing the "microwave fans" who was in charge. So we weren't able to afford to spend a few thousand to replace the folding chairs or $110,000,000 for CW's renovations for almost a decade, but suddenly we could afford about a $200,000,000 obligation and give a large portion of it to academics? Makes a lot of sense to me. Same with not being able to raise the money until the scoreboards were TWO YEARS past the date they were scheduled for replacement when built (no TV/display improvements in those TWELVE years he had to raise the money, right?) but it only took a day to replace the money to please the ignorant faculty that didn't see how much money football has thrown at academics EVERY YEAR, particularly the full out of state tuition for every out of state scholarship.

But, as said, if he is a hero and deliberately ran our program in the ground (below ground really, great job) like law claims then he did a hell of a job of it. My theory is some bean counters (like you) noticed the tens of millions football was throwing away and demanded changes, particularly since the OTHER SEC programs were making over $40,000,000 of money available EVERY year AND our program is still throwing millions away in season tickets.

But I agree, we are in pretty good shape now, we just lost about ten valuable years that can't be reclaimed, although some of our fans want it NOW-------it ain't basketball folks.

Probably better to just let the subject die and avoid all the embarrassing FACTS that make mitch look incompetent as far as our football program goes. I've got plenty of time to waste, I'm retired, some even claim I have entered the next stage, retarded, but I still say FACTS are FACTS, lol..

Last edited:
Reactions: Shavers48
I've been a season ticket holder for a long time, I dont know who destroyed our football program but it was destroyed long before he was ever heard of around here. Save that nonsense for a newbie.

So, you were fine with the State University playing in the SEC at the highest level of competition having TWO consecutive two win seasons, both OOC gimmes, in a period when football IS obviously THE money cow, AND money makes the world go round, the world go round, the wo-----, Yeah, AVERAGING a sellout with a team in 07 that had a losing SEC season with 6,000 more seats than we have now was the sure sign of a destroyed program-------then Brooks gave up trying to work magic every year with the rest of football in the SEC building on what was OBVIOUSLY the coming money cow.

THAT was when the money (the EXTRA $5,000,000 mostly from football in 2010 for instance) should have had SOME of it reinvested in football. Instead it got worse instead of better, with the scaredy cat approach to the incompetent NCAA also a big hindrance, TWO mj violations dismissal (along with Georgia, probably not now, goodby Caffey that our coaches said was our best defensive prospect, never played a down) while Thug U had FIVE violations and Transfer U didn't bother to count them, part of their recruiting advantages package (along with hurtt), aided now with the FREE extra $12,000 COA money if you stay five years.

How about Hartline's dismissal, where Joker took the "credit" for throwing the whole football team under the bus on national TV, do you think he would have played at Thug U or Transfer U? Do you think Joker won a lot of support from the team for that idiotic act, I wonder what recruits thought, oh, that's OK, we will be good in basketball? How many games did our passed out drunk on the highway basketball player miss (and I'm not saying he should have been dismissed, I wasn't there), of course Cal did have to demand a special AD to interface with him instead of mitch before he would take the job he had always wanted.

I think Cal is a very smart man..

Last edited:
he destroyed our program with lack of support for a full decade

LOL. At the time MB was hired, he inherited a football program that was coming off back to back 2-9 seasons, was on probation and couldn't find anyone who wanted to come here.

Our football program was already "destroyed" before Mitch arrived.

Last edited:
Rifle team.
National Champions, its telling that a supposed UK fan would see this as a negative. To further upset you, Track & Field had 3 kids win individual national titles. Softball made yet another trip to the Super Regionals. Volleyball went 29-4 and finished the season ranked 4th in the country. These are tough times for haters of UK athletics.

National Champions, its telling that a supposed UK fan would see this as a negative. To further upset you, Track & Field had 3 kids win individual national titles. Softball made yet another trip to the Super Regionals. Volleyball went 29-4 and finished the season ranked 4th in the country. These are tough times for haters of UK athletics.
Jest.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Now name the accomplishments of the 2 actual real sports there ~SNIF~

I've said on here many times that Mitch isn't going anywhere. He is a University President's dream as an AD. Here are things that matter to a President:

4. Have a good overall athletic department

He gets an A+ in all of those areas. I know people don't want to hear this, but it's the truth.

You give our overall athletic department an A+ ?

And how did all those "minor" sports emerge? By spending almost ALL of the money FOOTBALL was bringing in, while keeping football on a starvation diet-------name ONE thing above the bare minimum required he spent for football his first TEN years here-------BEFORE the strike-----and the scoreboards were two years past due AND necessary before he found the needed money in ONE day that he couldn't arrange in the TEN YEAR period they were scheduled to be replaced in when they were built, still two years late..

I never said all our programs aren't in great shape now, how much of the $40,000,000 we just got was due to UK football? And aren't we still losing tens of millions from losing TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders, no doubt in my mind he would have had MORE money for his minor sports if he hadn't had football on a starvation diet his first ten years here-------and the facilities, recruiting budgets, operating budgets etc etc were ALL at a bare minimum, he rubbed fans noses in the recruiting room that was in use for FIFTEEN years when any football fan with half a brain was upset about it and all the bad publicity that made a joke of our coaches claiming we weren't just a basketball school..

I have never said he wasn't a very lucky man, just that he was a joke as far as advancing our football program goes before he was FORCED to spend some of the MILLIONS rolling in on it, resulting in a very predictable beyond DISASTEROUS laughing stock program TWO years in a row, that we are still trying to recover from even with tons of money rolling in from OTHER SEC programs.

How about some of you bean counters figuring out how much of the FORTY MILLION DOLLARS a YEAR plus bowl money rolling in is due to UK football and how much we have lost from losing TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders AND donations from football fans?

I don't think you want to go there.

Which UK program brought in $18,000,000 about 2010 with a recruiting budget SIXTY PERCENT of basketballs for over FOUR times the commits as basketball (which already had EVERYTHING, BEST facilities, best attendance, best tradition, best coaches, best fans, best-------) name ONE thing basketball was lacking, while the "recruiting room" JOKE was allowed to go on----and on-----and on.

And the operating budget for a sport with over SIX times the free rides, more coaches, equipment, more injuries, more travel expenses, more EVERYTHING was about $11,000,000 when basketballs budget with 13 free rides was over $10,000,000.

Good lord, you are right, mitch was a magician, how did he do it--------and how was he able to get away with it for so long until the roof fell in-----and boy, did it ever fall in.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatdonf
Rifle team.

You guys need to take that over to the rifle forum, this is the football forum. Appreciate the like though, most fans are afraid to give one to this subject.

I hope you don't get any hate mail because of it.

Didn't CBG get burned in effigy, or what was that deal, forgot the details. Pretty costly to get rid of him though, with that contract written on toilet paper, and the extra assistant AD to interface with Cal has to cost something too. And really hard to put a price on what the "microwave fans" disaster cost us in donations AND season ticket sales, but halving the student ticket allotment to make room for the 20,000 extra season ticket hold-------oh, forgot, that was a minus 20,000, but then reducing the seating by 6,000 will make that hardly noticeable, and we are still ahead of Vandy in the SEC in seating (thank God for Vandy) and I think we are still tied with city college Transfer U because the school with the top ten APR forgot how to add and subtract... We are still going to have a TON of fans buying individual tickets to see the BEST football talent UK has assembled since Curci cheated, at the least..

I don't know about you guys, some of you are probably fit to be tied, but I really have a lot of fun on here, hard to fight FACTS..

Last edited:
LOL. At the time MB was hired, he inherited a football program that was coming off back to back 2-9 seasons, was on probation and couldn't find anyone who wanted to come here.

Our football program was already "destroyed" before Mitch arrived.

Filling a 67,000 seat stadium for all your home games is a lot better than losing 20,000 season ticket holders. And 2-10 is a worse season than 2-9, WITHOUT probation, and almost a decade after probation gutted the program, with NO extra help to overcome it from mitch.. And he was luckier than hell that Brooks came out of retirement and did a fantastic job before he finally threw up his hands and left, after having to give Joker part of his salary in order to keep him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT