ADVERTISEMENT

How do you (men/women) do you feel about the Weinstein scandal?

Jan 3, 2003
There is an important discussion going on right now online about sexual harassment of women and I have seen a significant number of women I know who have bravely reported that they are "Me Too" members of those who have been attacked. What say you about this issue?

IMHO, asking how hermaphrodites feel about Harvey Weinstein is WAF.

The two Bills, O'Reilly and Cosby, are prolly happy to share some of that white-hot spot light and allow someone else to be the face of sexual harassment for a while.

But seriously...as a father of two adult daughters, these stories piss me off. I'm saddened that so many have been harassed (or worse, assaulted), yet impressed with the bravery of so many that have told their stories. Hopefully the stories keep coming and men begin to grasp the long-lasting emotional effects they have on women when they behave this way.

Think how many people like this there must be in hollywood for his behavior to be accepted as a little extreme. I worked in flooring sales and some of the builders were kind of lewd talking so I guess it shouldn’t surprise me, but in any office environment I have ever been in this would have been outed in like a week.

That said Hollywood is a weird business, the money is controlled by a select few people and everyone else has to kind of sell themselves to those people so I could see how this would happen.

Hate it for the women but it is good overall in the sense that it can only help mute Hollywood's smug preaching. Even the outrage is fake. Notice how, despite talking about speaking out against others like Weinstein, it is not spreading to other bigwigs? Hell, his brother is going to be able to go quietly.

The two Bills, O'Reilly and Cosby, are prolly happy to share some of that white-hot spot light and allow someone else to be the face of sexual harassment for a while.

But seriously...as a father of two adult daughters, these stories piss me off. I'm saddened that so many have been harassed (or worse, assaulted), yet impressed with the bravery of so many that have told their stories. Hopefully the stories keep coming and men begin to grasp the long-lasting emotional effects they have on women when they behave this way.

The irony of this post.

How do people like Cosby and Weinstein hide in plain view for decades? It takes the conspiratorial silence of dozens, even hundreds of people, including the victims themselves. All because the predator has been put on a pedestal, and for various reasons people are afraid to knock the predator off his perch.

Both Cosby and Weinstein were poorly kept secrets, people knew what was happening, yet they went unchallenged for decades. They relied on their fame and power to keep doing it. And everyone who kept quiet let it.

Would like to see all of these women name the person or persons who assaulted them and when it happened. Put some credence to it. Until they do we're just waiting for the next woman to say me too. Did it really happen?

Weinstein scandal?

31EIqS58d5L.jpg

People say this is victim blaming, but so be it.

While Harvey Weinstein is the criminal here and deserves to go to prison, but women must start speaking up on these matters when they happen, otherwise others will be victimized.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Glad to see a sad sack like Weinstein get publicly exposed and humiliated. No doubt he was always frustrated by women ignoring his fat, ugly ass until he got money and power, and then felt he could do whatever he wanted.

This being America the next stage is a round of victim glorification in which every woman alive will be pressured to dredge up a slap on the ass or a drunken pawing at a Christmas party to authentic her credentials in the sisterhood. Following that will be a scary witch hunt in which any number of awkward college boys or office nerds will be persecuted because they mishandled what they assumed was a legitimate overture to a potentially receptive woman.

That's already ongoing a bit, but it'll get much worse -- like the stage in the early 1990s when every day care center owner in America was at risk of prison on the testimony of a 4-year-old, or a bit later when every father was judged a potential child molester just waiting for some overzealous counselor to bust him on some vague suspicion.

I've been grabbed and pinched by several females AND gay men in public, been whistled at. I've been hit on by my current boss, and I had another department (all females) tell me that my department could do a little better in the looks department, and that we should have hired a different guy than we did because he would have "upped our ranking". Which is hysterical because that department is full of trolls.

I'm FAR from George Clooney or any sort of model. But I can't be the only male who has experienced some form of sexual harassment. I'm not special.

This isn't a guy/girl thing. Women have ALWAYS been the bigger problem in the various places/fields of work I've been in. The only thing I'll concede is that due to differences in physical characteristics of each Gender.. women may find themselves in more situations they can't get out of. But that's not what they are debating. Sexual Harassment is sexual Harassment.

How do people like Cosby and Weinstein hide in plain view for decades? It takes the conspiratorial silence of dozens, even hundreds of people, including the victims themselves. All because the predator has been put on a pedestal, and for various reasons people are afraid to knock the predator off his perch.

Both Cosby and Weinstein were poorly kept secrets, people knew what was happening, yet they went unchallenged for decades. They relied on their fame and power to keep doing it. And everyone who kept quiet let it.
I don't think most in Hollywood are really upset at this. Hollywood is a liberal place and many liberals have no problem sexual predation. They are only voicing some outrage now because it has now become known to the public.

I've been grabbed and pinched by several females AND gay men in public, been whistled at. I've been hit on by my current boss, and I had another department (all females) tell me that my department could do a little better in the looks department, and that we should have hired a different guy than we did because he would have "upped our ranking". Which is hysterical because that department is full of trolls.

I'm FAR from George Clooney or any sort of model. But I can't be the only male who has experienced some form of sexual harassment. I'm not special.

This isn't a guy/girl thing. Women have ALWAYS been the bigger problem in the various places/fields of work I've been in. The only thing I'll concede is that due to differences in physical characteristics of each Gender.. women may find themselves in more situations they can't get out of. But that's not what they are debating. Sexual Harassment is sexual Harassment.
I have been looked at by a lot of women but, I think it is because of disbelief that God actually made one that looked as bad as me.

They could have refused, they sold their bodies for a chance at stardom.

This is a critical point thats been glossed over. He was a vile, disgusting man. None of this was forced. The women couldve said no; and im sure many did.

Those who said yes did so because they seized an opportunity to deal in the currency they had at the time; which was sexual favors.

They were opportunists, taking part in the same disgusting deal. Some, if not many, benefited (probably greatly) from their participation.

So yes Harvey was a disgusting vile human for whom there are no excuses. But the "victims" are also vile disgusting participants in their own quid pro quo; for which little if any sympathy is warranted.

Harvey definitely puts it out there, probably in very persuasive ways at times, but again, how bad to do want the role? I think Kate Beckinsale was one who said no.

That said, Harvey is scum.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I don't think most in Hollywood are really upset at this. Hollywood is a liberal place and many liberals have no problem sexual predation. They are only voicing some outrage now because it has now become known to the public.

I wouldn't consider Fox News liberal and they have had their problems with sexual harassment at the highest level.

Political affiliation has nothing to do about being creepy.

We've heard from several actresses who spurned his advances, now I'd like to see the list of Harvey's "accomplishments." We know it worked, because it was his M.O. for decades, he wouldn't keep doing it if it didn't work.

If we are celebrating and championing the ones who said no, we should be shaming and denigrating the ones who said yes.

Well Louis B Mayer, Darryl Zanuck, Jack Warner, Harry Cohn would all be proud of old Harv. They pioneered this sort of behavior that has been Hollywood's underbelly for nearly a 100 years. it probably lead to the premature deaths of numerous actresses like Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe.

These are the people who tell you how you should vote and what is cool these days.

I wouldn't consider Fox News liberal and they have had their problems with sexual harassment at the highest level.

Political affiliation has nothing to do about being creepy.

While it is not solely from the left, it is more accepted and even practiced by the left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT