ADVERTISEMENT

How do you watch games in March?

stock-photo-closeup-portrait-young-man-covering-face-with-hands-with-just-enough-space-to-peek-through-185621528.jpg

Wife hasn’t experienced it? Did you meet her and marry her in like less than a year? Just curious?
met when they cancelled march madness for COVID - so since then we have been terrible or otherwise "eh" going into march so it didn't matter as much. The St Peter's game is the most she's experienced, but because it was literally the FIRST GAME, I wasn't even nervous until the end because... well that never happens. And last year I expected to lose, so wasn't that excited nor nervous due to it.

So this will hopefully be the first experience of us "making a run" (even its its just to the sweet sixteen). Thus the anxiety is back

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
In the living room with 2 TV's. When UK is on the wife and kids leave. They dont like to witness what I do to the furniture when we are losing and or lose.

I have been to a lot of UK NCAA Tournament games over the years. The last times I went to multiple games was 2014 Kansas State in the first round, then Wisconsin and UConn in the final four. 2012 I went to WKU, Iowa State in Louisville and then Baylor in the Elite 8. Sometimes it can be unbearable when you are sitting around the fans of other teams.

What kind of projector/screen do you have? I've got a Sony laser projector paired with a 110" screen from Screen Innovations. I absolutely love both. I just stand in front of the screen and watch the game. I feel like I'm right there.
I purchased a 4k projector on amazon last year. I used in the back yard for night football games. Came with 150 in screen but it will go up as large as 16 feet. It is on eof the smaller in size projectors but has 15000 lumens. I use Roku and Google devices with the projector.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Yep, I've never had the projector before, but I've had 3 TVs in the room multiple times. Gotta love some March Madness. And it's SO much better when UK is good! :D
Fun thing is my brother purchased a projector as well. We could dual projector with his 65 in TV and have a blast. He is retired and I am off. I will come up with a fun menu (thinking of loose meat sandwiches this year (add special sauce and shredded lettuce, pickle relish and have big mac loose meat, add taco season and have tacos, add bbq seasoning and bbq sauce. Same with marinara and provolone. I can cook up 2 lbs of bison and 2 lbs of chuck and salt and pepper with onions and some peppers. Then do what ever we want with it. Make some yeast rolls and everyone can make the sandwich of their choice.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I purchased a 4k projector on amazon last year. I used in the back yard for night football games. Came with 150 in screen but it will go up as large as 16 feet. It is on eof the smaller in size projectors but has 15000 lumens. I use Roku and Google devices with the projector.
Wow, sounds fantastic! We had to completely renovate the wall where our screen sits. Had to basically have it torn down and rebuilt and allow access to our main water valve shutoff that's behind the wall. Took a lot of work but love how it turned out. Can't really go bigger than 110" on the screen as it sits right on the wall and don't really have much more room.

met when they cancelled march madness for COVID - so since then we have been terrible or otherwise "eh" going into march so it didn't matter as much. The St Peter's game is the most she's experienced, but because it was literally the FIRST GAME, I wasn't even nervous until the end because... well that never happens. And last year I expected to lose, so wasn't that excited nor nervous due to it.

So this will hopefully be the first experience of us "making a run" (even its its just to the sweet sixteen). Thus the anxiety is back
Gotcha. Best of luck. My wife knew what she was getting into well before engagement plans were made. As for Kansas St last year and St Peters before / I’m pretty sure I scared the neighbors enough to call social services.

Reactions: 247CATS
Fun thing is my brother purchased a projector as well. We could dual projector with his 65 in TV and have a blast. He is retired and I am off. I will come up with a fun menu (thinking of loose meat sandwiches this year (add special sauce and shredded lettuce, pickle relish and have big mac loose meat, add taco season and have tacos, add bbq seasoning and bbq sauce. Same with marinara and provolone. I can cook up 2 lbs of bison and 2 lbs of chuck and salt and pepper with onions and some peppers. Then do what ever we want with it. Make some yeast rolls and everyone can make the sandwich of their choice.
That sounds like a lot of fun! And delicious, too! 😀

Years ago when I would be watching UK and whenever my wife came into the room, she knew that she either had to stay or leave depending upon how UK's play changed after her entrance.......
UK play or momentum improves or gets the lead, she stays!!!
UK play or momentum gets worse or loses the lead, she gotsta go!!!

Now, we don't listen to each other anyways 😉😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love YOUTUBE TV with their multi-view four games at once, EXCELLENT!!!!!

• Haha
My wife invited some family got invited over to watch the 1st round games this March. To give my wife the benefit of the doubt, she hasn't really witnessed "Kentucky basketball" in March yet, so she doesn't know the anxiety of this at that level yet.

I'm dreading "the talk" thats about to go down where I have to inform her:
"we watch these games alone, in darkness, with only a select few [die hard UK fans] being invited over. And those select few will likely decline as they would rather watch the games alone themselves."

The nervous pacing back and forward, the anxiety. But some people dont get it and think you are rude when you decline to watch the games with them.

How do you watch the games in March when they matter (unlike the last few years when we've sucked).
I'm being serious.
I dvr every game.
If we win, I watch
If we lose, I delete.
It dissipates the stress factor tremendously.

My wife invited some family got invited over to watch the 1st round games this March. To give my wife the benefit of the doubt, she hasn't really witnessed "Kentucky basketball" in March yet, so she doesn't know the anxiety of this at that level yet.

I'm dreading "the talk" thats about to go down where I have to inform her:
"we watch these games alone, in darkness, with only a select few [die hard UK fans] being invited over. And those select few will likely decline as they would rather watch the games alone themselves."

The nervous pacing back and forward, the anxiety. But some people dont get it and think you are rude when you decline to watch the games with them.

How do you watch the games in March when they matter (unlike the last few years when we've sucked).
I used to be that way . Calipari has helped me see the light . It’s not that important.

For tournament games, either alone or with my wife and my best friend who’s also a diehard UK fan. We only talk about the game. I’m more pessimistic. He’s an eternal optimist. My wife doesn’t care about sports at all, but wants my teams to win because I am not a sulky douche canoe for the rest of the day if my teams win. She usually goes to another room while I watch the Cats.

I pace. Cuss a lot. Rock back and forth in my chair if I’m sitting. Throw things. Turn the TV off and back on if we’re playing bad and all kinds of other crazy shiz.

Absolutely have no desire to be in public or with casuals. I am a laid back guy, but will snap on fools who interrupt me during UK tournament games.

Invite me to something during a UK tournament game? Sorry. Can’t come. Don’t care if it’s your wedding or birthday. (This used to apply for regular season as well, but I’ve gotten lax in recent years.)

I will watch non-UK games in public or with casuals without issue.

Live in Phoenix and have my 3 car garage set up for a a man cave when necessary- I get 3 TVs going, invite a couple friends over, drink beer, turn the TV sounds off and listen to classic rock for hours

Regular season me vs March me is a completely different person. You certainly don’t want to be around me during March when UK is on. I’m way more stressed and into it. My wife knows and usually I watch alone.

I watch very little college basketball except for UK and ETSU during the season, but love watching the low and mid majors during championship week. The 1st two days of the NCAAT are awesome, and I'll watch as much of that as possible. After that, it comes down to whether or not UK is still involved. No UK = no care on my part. As for the watching conditions, I watch alone with some wings and beer. My wife isn't nearly as big of a basketball fan as she is football and she'll usually go shopping or out to the pool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT