ADVERTISEMENT

How do you feel about the number of players that leave UK early every year?

How do you feel about about the number of players annually leaving UK early?

• It's the price we pay for having the best players. Overall it's a good thing.

Votes: 116 50.0%
  • I'm tired of the constant roster turnover and don't think it's the best way to win a title.

Votes: 116 50.0%

• Total voters
I am fine with it as long as the team is #1 at doing it. If you're beyond second place at recruiting one and dones then there is no chance of winning a title this way.

Have mixed feelings. Love seeing the best players out there wearing UK Blue but really miss not having guys around for awhile to get to know them better and see a more consistent team roster. Love having Cal and as long as the NBA keeps the current rules, might as well be us getting many of the best players possible and taking our chances of being in a Final Four most years.

I get half way to typing a complaint, and then I look at the list of regular season wins, tourney wins, final fours, and championships since Cal's been here and realize that the only guy you can argue has done better has been using the same system and is considered a living legend.

So then I stop typing the complaint.

Of course no one would prefer that to happen.

That said, the other way was an incredible epic fail before this way for a long while (decade plus of no Final Fours). Once Cal leaves the recruiting will dip, and instead of competing for a title almost every year, probably will have a team that competes maybe once every 3-5 years. That's ok, assuming you win that one season you have a good team.

There's something remarkable about watching Cal taking a brand new team each year and create a recipe from scratch that fits the capabilities of the players and win games. It is utterly unique in college sports today

I am fine with it to a certain extent but it is getting ridiculous at this point. Lottery guys sure but guys leaving without the likihood of being drafted is bad. Guys leaving after occupying a seat on our bench for 1 semester is ridiculous.

I see a lot of kids and their families making life changing money and our program winning at an unbelievable clip.

Both of those are very good things. If you can do either, great. Somehow, we're doing both. That's incredible.

you nailed it

Vote and discuss

Im fine with players that should go but not with the ones that shouldnt but do. And we will Never win a championship with just freshmen. We need a team like 2012 and 2015 to win again. All freshman wont do it. 2012 we had seniors and sophomores that just went to a FF the year before. Without them, we dont win.

If it was up to me in my own perfect fan-centric view, the NBA would change the rule to either straight out of high school or stay three years like baseball.

But, that's not reality. I'll support any kid who wore the blue and white. If they feel they're ready to go pro, best of luck. And I enjoy watching future NBA All-Stars play at UK.

Reactions: lmhurst
We have never won a title and nobody has ever won a title with nothing but freshmen. You need experienced talent.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Im fine with players that should go but not with the ones that shouldnt but do. And we will Never win a championship with just freshmen. We need a team like 2012 and 2015 to win again. All freshman wont do it. 2012 we had seniors and sophomores that just went to a FF the year before. Without them, we dont win.

But 2014 almost did. They had no final four vets. Poythress and wcs were nit guys. Wcs doesn't get hurt uk wins. 7 of 9 in rotation were frosh

Lets ask the question another way. Did you like it when our players stayed four years never to get drafted under Tubby Smith and Billy Gillespie??

Reactions: USSLair
Lets ask the question another way. Did you like it when our players stayed four years never to get drafted under Tubby Smith and Billy Gillespie??

That's true but you can get good/great college players like UNC, have them stay 3 or 4 years and still win a title.

We have never won a title and nobody has ever won a title with nothing but freshmen. You need experienced talent.

Like three teams ever have even tried. You might as well say you can't start identical twins and win a title. Statistically it's true, but the sample is way too small.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I'm a Kentucky fan, not an NBA fan.

I'm all for players leaving if they're going to be first round picks, but we have guys leaving that aren't even very good college players.

And now, we have a guy who hasn't played a minute leaving. He's not coming back either.

I guess I'm waiting to hear that Brad and Wenyon are leaving. It's becoming a joke. Again, most of our fans realize that guys that are first round locks should go. It's the guys like Dakari, Humphries, Briscoe, Teague, Lee, etc, that have fans shaking their heads.

This sht with hamidou is pretty crazy. There is nothing amateur about it. He's treating uk worse than a year of prep.

I love the run we are on and one day we won't have cal and the discussion will be quite different.

So far my favorite player of the Cal era is Tyler Ulis. He stayed more then a year. So far Cal has 1 Championship.

I don't particularly like the system but Cal is only using the rules to his advantage.

The NBA is a disgrace. I would just as soon pick my nose as watch a pro game. They should have just left their age rule the way it was.

Reactions: Chuckinden
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT