ADVERTISEMENT

Isiah West Visit to tOSU

I sure hate to hear he’s still looking and not 100% locked in with us. I would love to have him at Kentucky and think he’s going to be a really solid player. Who knows in today’s world though, like someone said on another thread, go and work a couple years under somebody else and come back here to make it pay off. It’s happening all over now so who knows. Definitely would rather just keep him. We’re going to have a great backs room no matter imo.

I sure hate to hear he’s still looking and not 100% locked in with us. I would love to have him at Kentucky and think he’s going to be a really solid player. Who knows in today’s world though, like someone said on another thread, go and work a couple years under somebody else and come back here to make it pay off. It’s happening all over now so who knows. Definitely would rather just keep him. We’re going to have a great backs room no matter imo.

Just decommitted according to 24/7

Reactions: 1stKatMan
I love getting M. Davis so much.....Let the Acorn's have him.

Well, you have to take commitments from the best you can get and let the chips fall. Either he must have felt like he couldn't compete, or his parents felt that way. It's disappointing because he acted like he really wanted to be here and seemed to have the gifts to complement what we do.

Maybe somewhere down the road....

Well, you have to take commitments from the best you can get and let the chips fall. Either he must have felt like he couldn't compete, or his parents felt that way. It's disappointing because he acted like he really wanted to be here and seemed to have the gifts to complement what we do.

From what I read on ESPN and CBS Sports, OSU is pretty stacked at RB (hence the transfer we got from them) and at least one of their studs is only a sophomore. Odds are that West would have a better chance of significant early PT at UK vs tOSU. I know NIL may figure in but it seems most players would prefer to, you know, play. Hard to get even more NIL if you never see the field. Obviously, tOSU is the better program and the B10 rivals the SEC for cash generated, quality of programs, producing NFL players, etc., so it's definitely not 'settling'. But, I hope the opportunity for PT outweighs the other factors.

Reactions: hmt5000
It's fine. Glad to see us swimming in the deep end with recruits who power top 10 programs want badly. Plenty of time till Dec signing.

Two things I have read. One he decommitted but is still taking his OV. The other is he is being recruited at osu as the 3rd back in the class. A lot more competition there so don’t think that is the problem

Two things I have read. One he decommitted but is still taking his OV. The other is he is being recruited at osu as the 3rd back in the class. A lot more competition there so don’t think that is the problem
Wouldn't throw away his number if I'm VM.

Yeah, read something similar but couldn't respond here. He wants to take his visits. I get it. We'll see how it shakes out

Three crystal ball predictions now for West to OH St, including Bill Kurelic. I will be surprised if UK can lure West back. Better hang onto Marquise Davis.

He felt like he couldn't compete here...... so he switched to Ohio State? Yeah, I doubt that's it, lol. Ohio State is one of the premier college programs and we aren't, this one is pretty easy to see why. I wish him luck

Reactions: March 22
He felt like he couldn't compete here...... so he switched to Ohio State? Yeah, I doubt that's it, lol. Ohio State is one of the premier college programs and we aren't, this one is pretty easy to see why. I wish him luck
Like I said, don't lose his phone number.

He felt like he couldn't compete here...... so he switched to Ohio State?

Players and parent keep an eye on other factors, like potential competition at a particular school. Has he been told he’s the “third” among OSU’s backs being recruited? Is he and his family familiar with Marquise Davis?

Who knows?

We all over analyze this sh!t: for all we know grandma West told him she lived closer to Columbus than to Lexington.

Reactions: satcheluk
Glad to see us swimming in the deep end with recruits who power top 10 programs want badly.

Looking at “other offers” and the Top 5 schools listed by our recruits, about 80 percent of our recruits are now in that category.

Reactions: satcheluk
This one isn't over for Kentucky. Yes, he's looking at OSU but they have a few RBs that they're after rated a bit higher ------ Jackson, Davison etc. Not saying West won't end up at OSU but today's recruiting-commitments don't carry the weight - with the Portal and NIL - as it used to just 2 to 3 years ago

This one isn't over for Kentucky. Yes, he's looking at OSU but they have a few RBs that they're after rated a bit higher ------ Jackson, Davison etc. Not saying West won't end up at OSU but today's recruiting-commitments don't carry the weight - with the Portal and NIL - as it used to just 2 to 3 years ago

I think you should probably just accept the likelihood that West will almost certainly verbal to OH St in June or July. There are already 3 crystal ball predictions for OH St. If he does, we still have Marquise Davis in our 2025 class and three quality RBs (Wilcox, Patterson, Mizell) who will be freshmen this coming fall. And there are still a number of interesting uncommitted RBs in the portal and in the national 2025 class. And if West defies the odds and rejoins UK's class, so much the better. I would have preferred to sign West, but the sky is not falling. In our region, we will lose some recruiting battles to OH St.

From what I read on ESPN and CBS Sports, OSU is pretty stacked at RB (hence the transfer we got from them) and at least one of their studs is only a sophomore. Odds are that West would have a better chance of significant early PT at UK vs tOSU. I know NIL may figure in but it seems most players would prefer to, you know, play. Hard to get even more NIL if you never see the field. Obviously, tOSU is the better program and the B10 rivals the SEC for cash generated, quality of programs, producing NFL players, etc., so it's definitely not 'settling'. But, I hope the opportunity for PT outweighs the other factors.
He's not likely getting significant snaps at either place in year one, so you go to where you are getting significantly more money, knowing you can always transfer back or to another school with a better situation in year two and still have 4 years of eligibility left. I hope he comes here, but if he's getting offered double to go there, then you follow the money and soak up everything you can from that Elite program.

It's the same at all schools

You think that eighty-percent of recruits signing with BYU, Vandy, Temple, and IU were also offered by Ohio State, Georgia, Clemson, Bama, Michigan and/or other top flight schools??

I have my doubts!!

Last edited:
Don't take this as sour grapes for likely losing out on a player our staff wanted....but easily replaced position.

He isn't a 4* QB, nor a DT, or DE, or LT.

Don't take this as sour grapes for likely losing out on a player our staff wanted....but easily replaced position.

He isn't a 4* QB, nor a DT, or DE, or LT.

Here is an irony, and also a rough indication of our current recruiting profile: the de-commitment of a Rivals 3 Star back to Ohio State instantly raised our remaining, average recruit’s ratings.

We are currently 16th nationally with an average Star rating of 3.6.

Ok.

Still wish we had West, as the staff wanted him.

Watch the transfer portal, as there is at least a 10 percent chance he ends up here, someday, anyhow.

Last edited:
He's not likely getting significant snaps at either place in year one, so you go to where you are getting significantly more money, knowing you can always transfer back or to another school with a better situation in year two and still have 4 years of eligibility left. I hope he comes here, but if he's getting offered double to go there, then you follow the money and soak up everything you can from that Elite program.
Agreed. But, based purely on Rivals ratings, why would OSU give a high 3-star RB significantly more money when they generally have 2 or more 4+ star RBs on the roster and in the recruiting pipeline?

Agreed. But, based purely on Rivals ratings, why would OSU give a high 3-star RB significantly more money when they generally have 2 or more 4+ star RBs on the roster and in the recruiting pipeline?
Because they can afford it. We aren't giving big bucks to HS recruits, except on rare occasions. Stoops said they save the cash roll for players who've earned it and when they fill needs with upgraded portal talent. OSU has enough cash to probably double(total guess, but I see the numbers mentioned on the elite teams' sites) what we'd pay to our #2RB recruit. You'll notice we rarely lose a starter ot the portal.

I don't want to lose any recruit the staff wants. However, in today's new football world, I wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing blue in a couple years.

Stoops and Vince are great about not burning bridges, maintaining relationships, and getting a player the 2nd time around.

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT