ADVERTISEMENT

How Can You Possibly Defend Calipari?

3 tournament missed in 15 years with Barney running the show. That guy has to go first IMO. I don’t want him doing any more business for Uk athletics. Someone’s head needs to roll ASAP and he should be the first one after the ridiculous contracts he’s handing out

You need a mailing address for the buyout checks or you just mouthing off like usual?

Get real.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
No, I watched that game and thought they made improvements from the last game. The defense was definitely better or we’d have gotten blown out. As a less discerning fan, you might not realize this team is not going to make a dash turn around. It will come in bits and slowly. It is the small things that you will need to watch for week to week. I know that pisses off folks like you but that’s how basketball works sometimes. That’s what we got. You can support it or cry like a small child or leave. I’m trying to support what we got.
Are you even watching the same game the rest of us are watching? Hate to break to you... this team is not going to turn it around this year. We have no one we can truly rely on, we can’t shoot, can’t make free throws, overall still losing games. We’re 1-6, at what point do you realize that UK is getting worse, not better?

Are you even watching the same game the rest of us are watching? Hate to break to you... this team is not going to turn it around this year. We have no one we can truly rely on, we can’t shoot, can’t make free throws, overall still losing games. We’re 1-6, at what point do you realize that UK is getting worse, not better?
Stuff happens. 2014

Let’s get to the bottom line. Do you believe UK is the top program in college basketball? Do you also believe Cal is one of the best coaches in college basketball? I ask those questions because if a top coach is coaching at the top program the results should be teams that are consistently one of the best 3 or 4 teams in the country. We are not really seeing that result. The reason we aren’t seeing that result is either that UK isn’t the program we think it is or he isn’t the coach we think he is. I personally think we are very much the program we think we are. That leads to the conclusion Cal isn’t a coach that can’t be replaced with someone who could do as well or better. Thinking a particular coach is not replaceable is very dangerous For a program.
We are THE top program of all time. We are the top program because of one unbelievable stat......the fact that we have won titles with 5 different coaches. That’s incredible actually. Now, before you accuse me of contradicting myself, I believe Cal still gives us a better chance than anyone else in a world where we fire him. You guys can’t visualize the outcome of firing someone of Cal’s stature and the ramifications it would have on hiring his replacement. Who the hell would step into that situation?
You say that thinking Cal is not replaceable is dangerous thinking, and I say nope. Here is what’s dangerous........thinking your program is more attractive than it is. Don’t be Tennessee football bud. Don’t be auburn football. Try and be a big picture thinker. Now isn’t the time to do something so rash. This season is snakebit. It’s done and we suck hard. That’s small picture. If we suck like this in a couple years then we can talk because that’s a different story.

Uh, 2014 had freshman like Julius Randle and James Young step up and lead the team along with veterans WCS and Poythress. That team was never this bad. Who’s going to step up on this team besides Mintz? Sarr? Boston? Clarke? Because honestly I have a hard time believing anyone can or will.

Tell me something I don’t know. Yes, I get it, you quit on them.

We are THE top program of all time. We are the top program because of one unbelievable stat......the fact that we have won titles with 5 different coaches. That’s incredible actually. Now, before you accuse me of contradicting myself, I believe Cal still gives us a better chance than anyone else in a world where we fire him. You guys can’t visualize the outcome of firing someone of Cal’s stature and the ramifications it would have on hiring his replacement. Who the hell would step into that situation?
You say that thinking Cal is not replaceable is dangerous thinking, and I say nope. Here is what’s dangerous........thinking your program is more attractive than it is. Don’t be Tennessee football bud. Don’t be auburn football. Try and be a big picture thinker. Now isn’t the time to do something so rash. This season is snakebit. It’s done and we suck hard. That’s small picture. If we suck like this in a couple years then we can talk because that’s a different story.
In a couple of years?Yes let's give the man more years to break pathetic records not seen since the 20's.

I agree, you should.
When its like 50 against you and Kybassfan here right now... you're like the chihuahua taking on pit bulls... its not working out well for you. Stop embarrassing yourself. when Herrosheroes and Lost in Florida are now saying Cal needs to change things .... sunshine pumpers are starting to get tired pumping and seeing that the sunshine appears to be coming out tainted.

I don't defend Cal, but the program. No new coach is going to march in and fix this. Cal is responsible and needs to finish the season. You do too much damage to the program to run him off now. It could eliminate several other sports. Give the man a chance to resign in March.
Go out and get a coach that Nike likes and has good connections in the basketball world. Nike made coach K... they made Roy into a legend and they also helped Cal for several years until Cal spit in their face with the pk80 thing. With the new transfer rule.... a coach could come in next year and instantly have a good team, even a title contending one ......
3 tournament missed in 15 years with Barney running the show. That guy has to go first IMO. I don’t want him doing any more business for Uk athletics. Someone’s head needs to roll ASAP and he should be the first one after the ridiculous contracts he’s handing out
amen........... having him as our AD is sacrificing basketball just to be above average in football .. being an AD through 2 UK declines in basketball is more unacceptable than Cal going 1-6

I don't know what gives people the thought that Cal will change anything.He's stubborn,Arrogant and hires yes men for his staff.
We're 7 games in and he hasn't shown ANYTHING that indicates he's turning ANYTHING around!!! He's even stated numerous times that he will ALLOW his starters to make MORE mistakes too while they find their roles, WINS BE DARNED!!!!

Last edited:
Guess we will have to see won’t we? Because he ain’t getting fired no matter how hard you kick and scream.
True, but he will also see NO PEACE until he either fixes this or his EGO leads him to leave.

I don't see him staying and having to answer to the fans and media EVERY DAY for the next year no matter how much money he's making.

True, but he will also see NO PEACE until he either fixes this or his EGO leads him to leave.

I don't see him staying and having to answer to the fans and media EVERY DAY for the next year no matter how much money he's making.
His ego won’t allow him to leave like this and his stock will be lower than it’s ever been. Besides, no amount of bitching will do anything except raise your blood pressure

Guess we will have to see won’t we? Because he ain’t getting fired no matter how hard you kick and scream.
What you say might be true, we UK fans may have to suck on the urinals big white mint until “ coach for life” decides he has had enough, but we don’t have to like it, and many of us sureas heck aren’t going to be silent about it.

When its like 50 against you and Kybassfan here right now... you're like the chihuahua taking on pit bulls... its not working out well for you. Stop embarrassing yourself. when Herrosheroes and Lost in Florida are now saying Cal needs to change things .... sunshine pumpers are starting to get tired pumping and seeing that the sunshine appears to be coming out tainted.

Go out and get a coach that Nike likes and has good connections in the basketball world. Nike made coach K... they made Roy into a legend and they also helped Cal for several years until Cal spit in their face with the pk80 thing. With the new transfer rule.... a coach could come in next year and instantly have a good team, even a title contending one ......

amen........... having him as our AD is sacrificing basketball just to be above average in football .. being an AD through 2 UK declines in basketball is more unacceptable than Cal going 1-6
50 against one.......I like those odds. You may have a chance that way.......but I doubt it.

This is the funniest post ever. We gonna show him, hahahahaha. Answer to the fans LOL. You’re like the mad parent that’s gonna come down to school and give the teacher a what for. Except they just run that jaw and never do anything.

You said AD so much, I was going back to Davis 😂

I’m not into Cal at all. I’m into winning and I’ll still take Cal over the guys you mentioned because he’s done it better than them and I’ve seen hm to it here. You better be careful dumping the prom queen.
His replacements were Beard, Altman or Drew? Dear Lord, that’s all I need to know about his opinion.

Reactions: Rockfly78
We'd rather see you go. Sarr had a great shot and maybe the best shooter on the team. It just didn't fall. Cal done a fine job today, he can't make shots for them.
It was an excellent shot attempt by a good shooter. You cannot coach it into the hole.

it was the same shot that NC took at Rupp and Anthony Davis blocked.

It’s ONE OFF year! People need to back away from the ledge.
It’s understandable why people are upset. It’s uncommon for our program to have a start like this considering it hasn’t been done since 1911. Then throw in there how we haven’t lost this many games in a row since 1988. It doesn’t help when our coach publicly added fuel to the fire by blaming fans for his scheduling in a mocking tone of voice either.

Per Mintz, sounds like the plays that Cal wants them to run will work if the players just execute...

"Yeah, I think most of that is my fault. I wasn’t more assertive to go get the ball and to call one more when guys were penetrating,” Mintz said. “So I kind of take credit as to why I didn’t get the ball down the stretch. Coach, he drew up plays, he drew up things and most times it was there. Our scheme, kind of getting out late and kind of pounding it in the post and make options out of that, be able to kick it out and move it."

You do not draw up plays with just one option. I do not know who was first option in the first drawn up play but the shot by Sarr was not a bad shot. He simply missed the same shot he missed against Notre Dame. The shot choices when you go full court with 5 seconds is down to who was open. I would like to go back and watch to see if Mintz was defensively taken out either play. I will always be a UK fan and I still support Cal.
Then I guess we should talk about the 15 posessions where the primary play was a baseline post up… .15' from the basket. Most of them were run with Jackson as the post man. Sarr ran the others. Zero points and 2 offensive fouls.
That was some of the dumbest offensive play calling I have ever seen at this level. Someone should tell Cal that the NBA doesn't play that way anymore.
We have gone on long scoring droughts in each game and it's because he has no idea how to coach modern offense. He should be embarrassed.
6 losses in a row and he has yet to try something else. This isn't the 2010 or 2015 team.

After seeing Cal's demeanor as he left the court today, I'll be surprised if he's back next year. He didn't seem angry. He didn't seem happy. He just behaved as someone who has decided to make a change and has already gone there in his mind.
We saw two different things.

That guy ain't walking away for one. Would you walk away from 10 million bucks a year? If he quits, he doesn't get his 60 million dollar buyout. That guy ain't going anywhere.

What I saw was a guy hiding his frustration and thinking about what bullshit he's going to feed us mushrooms this week.

He's a fraud.

No one can defend these results this year. It’s bad. But if you think firing Cal makes us better in the future then I think that’s stupid. He still gives us the best chance for success. We will not upgrade by letting him go. Don’t let your emotions cloud your good sense
No he doesn't. He's the best coach if you want to pile up your NBA draft pick stats.

You guys crack me up. You think Cal made UK and UK would sink without him. Dudes like you simply don't get it.

The reason we are losing this year (aside from his lack of game coaching) is we, again, have an extremely young team and that is because another group of kids jumped ship that had no business leaving. They left because that is what our culture is. Cal caused this and now it's eating him.

This should never happen to UK basketball. Cal cares more about the NBA draft than he does UK.

I’m not into Cal at all. I’m into winning and I’ll still take Cal over the guys you mentioned because he’s done it better than them and I’ve seen hm to it here. You better be careful dumping the prom queen.
You've seen him do it with transcendent and generational talent.
Since 2015, only Fox/Monk/Bam were in that category.
Cal is no longer getting those players and if Cal isn't getting those players, he's no better than Billy Gillispie. Maybe worse, because Cal's teams will always be made up of freshmen & sophomores.
These kids are going to be able to go straight to the NBA or GL starting next year. When that happens, we will see 1-6 again.
Give me a coach that puts UK first. Cal is not putting UK first.

It’s ONE OFF year! People need to back away from the ledge.
Uhhh, do you think next year is going to be much better?
You may want to take a good hard look at the recruits coming in and the guys that will be leaving this team.
If you think 6 or 7 will return from this team, you're not very smart.

Also, this "one off year" crap, save that for IU fans man. This is UK and this ain't no off year. When you're UK and we're talking about off years, that means we didn't make the sweet 16. This here is something that should never happen at UK.
You also have to look at why this is happening. 5 players left prior to graduating. 1 transferred. We lost our entire starting lineup and best backup guard all because Cal promotes the NBA.
At any other top 10 program, guys like Richards, IQ, Hagans, EJ and Juzang are still on the team. Cal caused this and guess what… ..he ain't gonna change it. Are you good with that? I'm not.

Last edited:
You've seen him do it with transcendent and generational talent.
Since 2015, only Fox/Monk/Bam were in that category.
Cal is no longer getting those players and if Cal isn't getting those players, he's no better than Billy Gillispie. Maybe worse, because Cal's teams will always be made up of freshmen & sophomores.
These kids are going to be able to go straight to the NBA or GL starting next year. When that happens, we will see 1-6 again.
Give me a coach that puts UK first. Cal is not putting UK first.

Give me a coach that Nike likes , has connections throughout basketball and has an offense that looks like its from this century, ..

It was an excellent shot attempt by a good shooter. You cannot coach it into the hole.

it was the same shot that NC took at Rupp and Anthony Davis blocked.
It was a low percentage shot. That is a very difficult shot to hit, especially for a guy that hasn't hit a shot in 2 games.
That was a baseline 15 footer, which, if you've ever played the game, is one of the most difficult shots you can take in a game.
Yes, Sarr has hit those in some earlier games, but damn, with our size advantage, you have to get something at the rim, get fouled or something. Since when does Cal depend on jump shots? That's what UL was hoping we would do.

lol one off year............ this is mother trucking KENTUCKY ......... a mediocre year is one off year. 1-6 and looking at missing the NCAAT is an implosion of the program. what good is experience from losers going to do for next year? Has Sarr not taught you anything that the best players from bad teams are still players that lead to losing.

Give me a coach that Nike likes , has connections throughout basketball and has an offense that looks like its from this century, ..
There are coaches out there that could come in here and thrive. Brilliant coaching minds that just need the resources that UK has and yes, Nike is one if them.
Cal is shitting on the resources he has, he's using them to satisfy his nba boner instead of using them to win games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT