ADVERTISEMENT

How Can You Possibly Defend Calipari?

Nice goalpost shift. “UK doesn’t hire up and comers!”
*lists legendary coaches that came from nothing*
“well, the college basketball landscape is different!”

I know it’s tough to follow but try again.......Kentucky is now the King of the hill. This isn’t 1950 or 1960 or 1975. All coaches and programs listed were guys that were basically their first successful hire for the respective programs. They were no where near the status at that time that Kentucky is today. In fact, they had little notoriety. Kentucky and Duke would never go hire an up and comer. I should say, they shouldn’t ever......just silly to even have the conversation. Again, all an emotional reaction. Control the emotions. Let it play out.

I know it’s tough to follow but try again.......Kentucky is now the King of the hill. This isn’t 1950 or 1960 or 1975. All coaches and programs listed were guys that were basically their first successful hire for the respective programs. They were no where near the status at that time that Kentucky is today. In fact, they had little notoriety. Kentucky and Duke would never go hire an up and comer. I should say, they shouldn’t ever......just silly to even have the conversation. Again, all an emotional reaction. Control the emotions. Let it play out.
Cal and BCG were all “up and comers” same with Sutton

Ok...edited to fix a typo. Good job...you caught me. Exposed more than Cal's purported lack of Xs and Os.
Will Bithers back to start trouble from one of his burner accounts. I noticed you loved that post when someone mentioned that you were him lol how can you call someone a loser on here when you make that many accounts?! Hahahaha

Last edited:
I've been a member here since 2008 and know more about basketball than you'll ever know. John Calipari would be a Hall of Famer with or without UK. Kentucky is nothing more than the name on the front of a jersey. And it didn't make Billy Gillispie so great, did it?

Fact of the matter is that you are butthurt that your precious team is having one bad year. Suck it the F up and quit crying on a message board. You are not part of the team. You never have been part of the team. You never will be part of the team. It is strictly a form of entertainment. So go back to your miserable little life.
Oh, the old "I know more about basketball than you" bit, even though you don't know a thing about me. Hilarious.

Uhhh, yeah, UK didn't get Gillispie into the HOF, well no shit, the guy was here 2 years. It's UK, not God.

I don't care how long you have been a member here, you rarely post, so that obviously means that you really don't care all that much about this, so really, your opinion means nothing here. As for the rest of us, we post on here year round, this is something we care about, so go back to whatever crap you enjoy and stop judging.

As far as your comment about UK being just a name on the front of a jersey, well, you just outed yourself with that comment. You aren't worth my time beyond this post, obviously you aren't a fan, you're just an asshole with a keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. We got some turn overs like that against UL. Less foul trouble than in the game before due to better footwork. Less reaching.

Not to worry. I know you have quit on the team. Rest of us are trying to follow things as best we can. Maybe you can find other team to root for that has a shooting percentage that makes you happy.

UL had 11 TOs. Some high level footwork there. 😂😂. The lack of fouling had more to do with the lack of post presence than anything else. But you wouldn’t understand, being a cheerleader and all. You literally don’t know what you’re watching when a game is on. Rah rah!!!😂

The record speaks for itself but his “coaching” today is a perfect example of how he’s underachieved with all his talent in 11 years.

Last 3 possessions he calls timeouts where we run plays for shots from Boston, a prayer from Askew and Sarr. Plus Jackson took the shot prior to this. Look at who the hell he’s drawing the shots up for. The ones who have shot horribly all year or haven’t even scored in 2 games. Yet we have a guy who has 19 with numerous 3’s who NEVER even touched the ball on any of those possessions.

Screw CAL. HES GOT TO GO!
Screw you !! I would a million times rather see you go !

• Haha
Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Maybe you misread or skipped all but what your wanted to see in the post. Let me bring you back In..... D1 basketball is a different landscape today than it was 40,50, 60, 70 years ago in the examples you used. Not only is D1 sports and entirely different animal today than when those guys were hired, Kentucky is 10 times the size and a machine that didn’t exist half a century ago.
You can't seem tp quit moving the goal posts....let me know when you decide on a spot....great coaches are great coaches regardless of era.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Oh, the old "I know more about basketball than you" bit, even though you don't know a thing about me. Hilarious.

Uhhh, yeah, UK didn't get Gillispie into the HOF, well no shit, the guy was here 2 years. It's UK, not God.

I don't care how long you have been a member here, you rarely post, so that obviously means that you really don't care all that much about this, so really, your opinion means nothing here. As for the rest of us, we post on here year round, this is something we care about, so go back to whatever crap you enjoy and stop judging.

As far as your comment about UK being just a name on the front of a jersey, well, you just outed yourself with that comment. You aren't worth my time beyond this post, obviously you aren't a fan, you're just an asshole with a keyboard.

Good morning, sweetie.

What's tough is trying to prop up your narrative when you can't keep from changing the argument to do it. Nice try though.
You act as if Pitino was the end all be all. He wasn't even the first choice if I remember correctly. PJ Carleisimo(no idea if I spelled his name right) was a name I remember.
Neither Cal nor Pitino were thought of as highly as you seem to think they were and I wanted Cal.
My concern and worry is not if there's a coach out there able to do it. It's if Banrhart is able to identify that coach and hire him.

He said he saw improvements and we need more improvements. Oh, and better fundamentals. That’s more than he usually says however.
That don’t take coaching genius, Ray Charles can see that. BASSfan is great at Play Station tho, or so he says. Remember Bass supported Tubby till he heard Tubby skipped town in the middle of the night. Then he supported BCG till he was fired.

Reactions: UKortho
Will Bithers back to start trouble from one of his burner accounts. I noticed you loved that post when someone mentioned that you were him lol how can you call someone a loser on here when you make that many accounts?! Hahahaha
Wasn’t WillBithers a sock account for BallerCal?

That don’t take coaching genius, Ray Charles can see that. BASSfan is great at Play Station tho, or so he says. Remember Bass supported Tubby till he heard Tubby skipped town in the middle of the night. Then he supported BCG till he was fired.
Did bASS support BCG when he was headlining at the Karaoke bars in order to relax before a big game? ? Surely not lol.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Did bASS support BCG when he was headlining at the Karaoke bars in order to relax before a big game? ? Surely not lol.
Well Bass has said many times on here that he supports whomever the coach is. So the answer would have to be yea.

Reactions: UKortho
The record speaks for itself but his “coaching” today is a perfect example of how he’s underachieved with all his talent in 11 years.

Last 3 possessions he calls timeouts where we run plays for shots from Boston, a prayer from Askew and Sarr. Plus Jackson took the shot prior to this. Look at who the hell he’s drawing the shots up for. The ones who have shot horribly all year or haven’t even scored in 2 games. Yet we have a guy who has 19 with numerous 3’s who NEVER even touched the ball on any of those possessions.

Screw CAL. HES GOT TO GO!

I agree with you there. And that's not the first time Cal has had a "brain freeze."

ADVERTISEMENT