ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible tragedy in Texas - at least 14 kids dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again you can choose to be a retard, albeit I don’t think it is much of a choice for you. Guns were invented to kill people. That is the difference

Pretty clear why these people support gun control and won’t discuss mental health.

Let’s just split the country in two. My half will take the guns and focus on physical and mental health. Your half can give up guns and continue pretending you don’t have severe mental issues.

Again you can choose to be a retard, albeit I don’t think it is much of a choice for you. Guns were invented to kill people. That is the difference

So the intention is the problem? Not how many are dying? Got it.

You’re a politicized hack that’s dangerous.

Reactions: warrior-cat
The intention is clearly the problem when one is a weapon INVENTED TO KILL HUMANS. It is not comparable to alcohol or cars or whatever other stupid comparison your hollow skull can think of

Please keep going. It’s amazing to watch the logic of you sick ass people. You have no idea how ridiculous you sound.

political hack.

I invented an object to separate curd. But people keep using it to kill 100 children per day.

There’s no problem here because the intention was to separate curd. 🤣

It is not rare compared to literally any other country on Earth, that’s the point. America is supposed to be the BEST country on Earth, yet we deal with this third world ass problem no other country as developed as us does.
Yet you voted in the worst admin in years to put us where we are today.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I am for stricter background checks but the problem is a lot of these nutjobs look good on paper until they snap.

No one is taking the guns already out there and criminals will always get guns so gun violence is always gonna be an issue in the US. Kids get gunned down a lot in big cities in the USA. It's a tragedy but a tough thing to change.

Transgender mentally ill

a7m2Yoz04moy.png

There is nothing political about what I said. Guns were invented with the sole purpose of killing other living things. At least knives have other uses. A gun literally can only be used to shoot someone or something else

people need guns to protect themselves against people like you. Get some help

this will continue to happen until all guns are banned and/or the media and politicians change how they speak to people. if you're a democrat you cannot be talking to one side. your are fanning the flames with your words
Banning guns doesn’t make guns disappear. Do we even know how this individual got the gun to begin with?

We have a mental health crisis in this country. We have too many people that don’t value life. I don’t know what the answer is, but I’m not convinced stricter gun laws will help. Sick people will find ways to get their hands on a gun.

“I can’t think of a single situation where government confiscation of legally owned slaves would be remotely acceptable”

You see how stupid it sounds to base a society off of rules constructed 250 years ago?
No, because until progressivism and liberalism took hold in this country, we did not have these type of problems. You see how stupid you look when you don't know what you are talking about.

“I can’t think of a single situation where government confiscation of legally owned slaves would be remotely acceptable”

You see how stupid it sounds to base a society off of rules constructed 250 years ago?
Gun ownership is a constitutional right. The same can not be said for slaveholding. Nice try tho

Reactions: Usmcincy
Bottom line though, I am not prepared to give up my gun rights because there is plenty of evidence out there that carrying has saved many more live than people know and the police do not get there until after the fact more than 95% of the time.
I get it, but I think you're safe. As someone already pointed out, nothing happened after Sandy Hook when little kids were massacred as they were hiding in their classrooms. I always had this thought that the country could somehow stomach high schoolers dying because they're nearly grown, but there's no way we'd allow little kids to be shot up in school, and we allowed it. Multiple times now. Jesus ain't fixing that and neither are these dumb shit politicians we elect. We don't like what's happened, but we've accepted it. And hell, in some instances, we've attacked the students themselves. Parkland? Those victims spoke out and were shushed by adults and mocked by jackasses like Alex Jones. David Hogg was attacked online relentlessly for speaking out. It's nuts how we, the adults, act.

And people like you for get the ,

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
I agree-it’s like a “gotcha”-style talking point for gun control advocates. “I mean, it says, ‘well-regulated militia!’ That must mean that individuals don’t have the right to buy guns, right?”
It’s not a good-faith argument, and those who employ it know it.
When the term, “the right of the people,” is found elsewhere in the Constitution, it ALWAYS refers to individual rights. Always. That formed the crux of Antonin Scalia’s argument in D.C. vs. Heller.

I'm sick of this shit, y'all. Sick of it. I just spent this morning at my son's 5th grade graduation and saw 50 kids the same age as those poor children. They are all excited about summer vacation as I'm sure those kids were as well. What a tragedy. What devesation for those parents. Senseless.

People say this isn't political, but politicians are unfortunately the only ones that can do something to stop this. DO SOMETHING! None of us here can do a damn thing other than talk about it.

This country needs to figure this out and now. If there was ever a bipartisan issue, preventing senseless child deaths in school should be it. Work together. Find out what other countries are doing where they don't have this problem. DO SOMETHING other than play politics and deflect. FIX IT MFers!

I'm sick of this shit, y'all. Sick of it. I just spent this morning at my son's 5th grade graduation and saw 50 kids the same age as those poor children. They are all excited about summer vacation as I'm sure those kids were as well. What a tragedy. What devesation for those parents. Senseless.

People say this isn't political, but politicians are unfortunately the only ones that can do something to stop this. DO SOMETHING! None of us here can do a damn thing other than talk about it.

This country needs to figure this out and now. If there was ever a bipartisan issue, preventing senseless child deaths in school should be it. Work together. Find out what other countries are doing where they don't have this problem. DO SOMETHING other than play politics and deflect. FIX IT MFers!
I agree that our politicians won’t do anything. But I’m not sure what policy prevents something like this. If you’re sick enough to want to shoot a bunch of children there’s no senator that’s going to stop you. It’s easy to say let’s pass a law to get this to stop, but it’s not that simple. There’s a reason illegal drugs are out on the streets. People that can’t get guns now, still get their hands on them if they want to do bad things.

My heart breaks when these things happen. The scariest part for me is, I don’t know what we can do to prevent these things from continuing to happen. I fear that too many people in my generation, the generation that grew up with social media have some serious mental health issues that we can’t fix.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
200+ million adults in this country and we can't come up with a better effing way of protecting our children in schools?. Are you effing kidding me. Wtf do we have our 2 cults for if they can't get together and come up with a solution to lessen these things. 1+1 is supposed to equal 2, not 0.

I agree that our politicians won’t do anything. But I’m not sure what policy prevents something like this. If you’re sick enough to want to shoot a bunch of children there’s no senator that’s going to stop you. It’s easy to say let’s pass a law to get this to stop, but it’s not that simple. There’s a reason illegal drugs are out on the streets. People that can’t get guns now, still get their hands on them if they want to do bad things.

My heart breaks when these things happen. The scariest part for me is, I don’t know what we can do to prevent these things from continuing to happen. I fear that too many people in my generation, the generation that grew up with social media have some serious mental health issues that we can’t fix.
So we just throw our hands up and deal with kids dying at school? Unacceptable. Why are we the only country with this problem?

I don't have an answer, but we have a shitload of smart people in this country that can figure out a way to work together to fix this. It won't happen, of course You're probably right that we may be too far gone in American society to do anything about it, but we have to try rather than BS political posturing on both sides to push a narrative. This shit has to stop, man.

Your dumbass will justify having to worry about being shot in any public place you go before giving up your toys. Go pound sand you dumbass
Guns are not toys. They are weapons. Uncle Sam taught me a lot about many different kinds and sent me places where I had to use them. I hate them.more than someone like you could ever imagine, but they are necessary for a people who want freedom. They will.only get mine through violence.

Here are the several things I'd do that would significantly reduce the murder rate and mass shooter rate:
  1. Amend the constitution so that 21 is a full adult, not 18. We live much longer than 230 years ago and science has proven that your brain isn't fully developed until even after 21. Several of the recent mass shooters were just 18 or so.
  2. Make it very, very, very difficult to acquire a handgun. Yeah, these were done with assault rifles, but the majority of murders are caused by handguns because they can be concealed. In my opinion, the second amendment is about having guns that can help in a war against government tyranny, not handguns.
  3. Crack the f down on mental illness. I'm tired of these people terrorizing normal society. We know that mentally ill men cause a huge portion of the problems in cities; stop pussyfooting around with these people and put them in mental hospitals.
  4. Take threats seriously. Do some "idle" threat about shooting up a school. -> jail time plus you're not touching a gun for a long time. And let the parents and grandparents know that they will be held responsible if their threatening kid gets a hold of it.
  5. Lastly - and this is going to be the most controversial - ban 1st person shooting games. They are so realistic right now that I think it desensitizes a small set of people to being able to commit and execute a mass shooting. What I mean is, they know how their victims are going to react when they start shooting and are trained to handle it. Who needs this crap anyway?

So we just throw our hands up and deal with kids dying at school? Unacceptable. Why are we the only country with this problem?

I don't have an answer, but we have a shitload of smart people in this country that can figure out a way to work together to fix this. It won't happen, of course You're probably right that we may be too far gone in American society to do anything about it, but we have to try rather than BS political posturing on both sides to push a narrative. This shit has to stop, man.
I don’t really have an answer either. I’m not stupid. You’re not stupid either. Yet, neither of us have a clue on where to begin.

Political posturing is certainly an issue and is going to get in the way of any good faith attempts in fixing this issue. No one wants this to keep happening. It’s not acceptable. No one is ok with what’s happening.

If we had more people caring about fixing the problem instead of just offering thoughts and prayers then maybe we wouldn't have had this happen today.
Yes, you clearly have the answers and it’s why Democrat run cities are not at all filled with crime or problems. Like California for instance, thankfully not a Republican anywhere to be seen so California has no crime at all. Dems got it covered.

But you’re right. We need to make murdering people illegal as well as a law against illegally having a gun. That will fix it.

I know you’re a little disappointed that the lunatic wasn’t white so we can just focus on guns this time. I’m sure I missed your contributions in the threads of a guy murdering a ton of people in a parade with a car or anything else that may hurt your political posturing.

Last edited:
Guns are not toys. They are weapons. Uncle Sam taught me a lot about many different kinds and sent me places where I had to use them. I hate them.more than someone like you could ever imagine, but they are necessary for a people who want freedom. They will.only get mine through violence.
I don't think creating an imaginary scenario for us in which the government attempts to take your weapons and you use violence against that same government is really needed on a day where 19 little kids were killed in school, just a couple days before summer break. Just leave the bravado at the door for one day because no one is impressed about your willingness to use violence.

I get it, but I think you're safe. As someone already pointed out, nothing happened after Sandy Hook when little kids were massacred as they were hiding in their classrooms. I always had this thought that the country could somehow stomach high schoolers dying because they're nearly grown, but there's no way we'd allow little kids to be shot up in school, and we allowed it. Multiple times now. Jesus ain't fixing that and neither are these dumb shit politicians we elect. We don't like what's happened, but we've accepted it. And hell, in some instances, we've attacked the students themselves. Parkland? Those victims spoke out and were shushed by adults and mocked by jackasses like Alex Jones. David Hogg was attacked online relentlessly for speaking out. It's nuts how we, the adults, act.
Jesus will not fix it here. That is not why he came. He came to teach us how we should be, and we must fix it off of his teachings. It is as you said: "we allowed this to happen". As far as attacking students goes, politics, federal, and local governments have gotten too involved in our school systems that their views have become our views and now people are starting to use students to further the agenda. We must leave the kids out of it so that they worry about getting an education.

If you bring politics into this in any form today, you care about your side, and not the deceased. And that’s a sickness in itself.
Biden’s speech about it tonight had to make you vomit. The great “Uniter” struck again.

Reactions: Gromcat
It does happen in other countries, we don't hear about most of them though.

"The statement that school shootings are a “uniquely American crisis” is difficult to dispute given their alarming frequency in the U.S. compared to the rest of the industrialized world. That said, school shootings have also occurred in many other countries. While attacks in most countries are usually the work of one or two troubled individuals, some shootings (particularly in the Middle East and Africa) have been coordinated terror attacks. Below are the recorded school shootings in different countries around the world.
Note, however, that methods of reporting school shootings, especially shootings that do not result in any fatalities, differ from place to place. As a result, school shootings that were not covered by news outlets (and were therefore left out of global databases that track shootings) may not be reflected here. Also, keep in mind that the information listed here does not include mass shootings that took place outside of school grounds.
Since 1991, Australia has experienced six school shootings. Two of these shootings, La Trobe University and Monash University, had one and two deaths respectively. The other four shootings did not have any deaths. The most recent school shooting in Australia was at Modbury High School in Adelaide on May 7, 2012, which resulted in no deaths and no injuries. Australia instituted strict gun control laws after a 1996 mass shooting (but not a school shooting) in which a gunman walked into a cafe in Port Arthur, Tasmania, and murdered 35 people and wounded another 23.
Brazil has had five school shootings since 2001, resulting in a total of 30 deaths. The deadliest of these shootings was the Realengo massacre, in which a former student killed 12 students inside the school before killing himself. In contrast, another event, known as the Medaneira School shooting, resulted in zero deaths. Canada has experienced a total of 19 school shootings between 1884 and 2016. The deadliest of these events was the Ecole Polytechnique massacre in Montreal, which resulted in 15 deaths, including that of the shooter. Several Canadian school shootings have resulted in a single death or no deaths at all. Between 1999 and 2011, China endured four school shootings resulting in four deaths, two of which were the perpetrators.
European countries have had their share of school shootings, although not as frequently as in the United States or Canada. These include eight in Germany since 1913, one in Lithuania (1925), one in Sweden (1961), three since 1967 in the United Kingdom (none after the 1996 massacre), three in Finland since 1989, two in the Netherlands (1999 and 2004), one in Denmark (1994), one in Hungary (2009), two in France (2012 and 2017), one in Estonia (2014), Spain (2015), at least five in Russia since 2014 (including events in May and September 2021), one in Crimea (2018), and one in Poland (2019, no deaths).
Gun violence in Central American countries is extremely common. In Honduras, the homicide rate is many times the global average. Because of heavily armed gangs in Honduras, school shootings “are so common, they are subsumed quickly into the country's news cycle and barely register outside its borders.”. As such, the true number of school shootings in Honduras is unknown, but believed to be high. Mexico has experienced 17 reported school shootings since 2004. All of these incidents have resulted in zero to two deaths each. In each of the three shootings that had two deaths, one was the perpetrator. South Africa has experienced five school shootings since 1994, resulting in eight deaths in total.
Excluding China, several Asian nations have experienced school shootings. These include one in Taiwan (1962), two in Israel (1974 and 2008), one in Yemen (1997), one in the Philippines (1999), one in Thailand (2003), one in Lebanon (2007), one in India (2007), one in Azerbaijan (2009), and one in Pakistan. The "Peshawar siege" in 2014 was a Taliban attack that killed 145 (plus the gunmen), making it the deadliest school shooting in Asia
School shootings in other countries include on in Argentina (2004), one in New Zealand (1923), one in Nigeria (2013), and one in Kenya in 2015. The shooting in Kenya was a terrorist attack that killed 147 people and injured another 79."

I don't think creating an imaginary scenario for us in which the government attempts to take your weapons and you use violence against that same government is really needed on a day where 19 little kids were killed in school, just a couple days before summer break. Just leave the bravado at the door for one day because no one is impressed about your willingness to use violence.
I did not say I would use violence. I said the government would have to use violence against me to get them.

Reactions: Dig Dirkler
My niece teaches 2nd grade. Without question she gets no sleep tonight.

Serious question- has there ever been one of these shootings at a private school?

Here are the several things I'd do that would significantly reduce the murder rate and mass shooter rate:
  1. Amend the constitution so that 21 is a full adult, not 18. We live much longer than 230 years ago and science has proven that your brain isn't fully developed until even after 21. Several of the recent mass shooters were just 18 or so.
  2. Make it very, very, very difficult to acquire a handgun. Yeah, these were done with assault rifles, but the majority of murders are caused by handguns because they can be concealed. In my opinion, the second amendment is about having guns that can help in a war against government tyranny, not handguns.
  3. Crack the f down on mental illness. I'm tired of these people terrorizing normal society. We know that mentally ill men cause a huge portion of the problems in cities; stop pussyfooting around with these people and put them in mental hospitals.
  4. Take threats seriously. Do some "idle" threat about shooting up a school. -> jail time plus you're not touching a gun for a long time. And let the parents and grandparents know that they will be held responsible if their threatening kid gets a hold of it.
  5. Lastly - and this is going to be the most controversial - ban 1st person shooting games. They are so realistic right now that I think it desensitizes a small set of people to being able to commit and execute a mass shooting. What I mean is, they know how their victims are going to react when they start shooting and are trained to handle it. Who needs this crap anyway?

Mostly no. And the fact that you say “assault weapon” tells me you don’t have the first clue about guns at all. So I won’t be taking any advice from people that are fully ignorant to the situation. No offense at all, I’m just not entertaining knee jerk reactions that would not have stopped this kid from killing those school children if that is what he wanted to do in the end.

I can agree on cracking down on mental illness, but we have an entire political bloc that promotes it. You can’t stop it if you’re promoting it.

Serious question- has there ever been one of these shootings at a private school?

I was just saying this. To my knowledge I’ve never seen a school shooter at a private Christian school. My kids are both enrolled in Christian schools and you can’t really get to them the way the school is built. It would take one of the kids getting the guns in and those kids? No way. Couldn’t see it.

People need to believe in God today. When we began to completely eliminate the idea of a creator the world went completely mad. People need to think they’re going to be judged by a higher standard. If everything is just chaotic chance, why not commit crimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT