ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible tragedy in Texas - at least 14 kids dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievably sad. Have a 2.5 year old going to daycare and it makes you think. These things feel so far away and impossible to happen to you, but it just isn't like that.

I'll never have the solution to this crisis (and it is a crisis), but nothing will change if some elected officials believe the only answer is to ban guns or attempt to make it nearly impossible for responsible gun owners to obtain firearms legally. Nothing will also change if elected officials on the opposite side offer no solutions themselves but to just robotically say "Thoughts and Prayers" over and over and then go speak at an NRA rally. In case you haven't noticed, praying ain't stopping this from happening. Work together to solve this (I'll say it again) crisis or you'll be voted out. That should be the compromise from us.

Who am I kidding though? What actually happened after several little children were gunned down at Sandy Hook? A conspiracy theory from Alex Jones that it was fake. That's all that happened in the aftermath.

Sad. Going to continue to happen as long as the Republican strategy for combating it is thoughts and prayers.
What would your strategy be?

I bet if you could get the people that commit these senseless crimes to think like those with the “thoughts and prayers” mentality, or be raised with the same principles they were, you wouldn’t be seeing these acts very often.

Last edited:
this will continue to happen until all guns are banned and/or the media and politicians change how they speak to people. if you're a democrat you cannot be talking to one side. your are fanning the flames with your words

I bet of you could get the people that commit these senseless crimes to think like those with the “thoughts and prayers” mentality, or be raised with the same principles they were, you wouldn’t be seeing these acts very often.
If your actual solution is we need more Jesus, that isn't a solution. It's a combination of mental health issues and the fact that for many, it's still pretty easy to get a hold of firearms. I don't have the answers to any of this, but the country does not want to hear "um, more Jesus, guys?" at this point. We're far beyond asking the country to just pray to the young guy with pretty brown hair that resembles 1980s Kenny Loggins in some paintings.

I bet of you could get the people that commit these senseless crimes to think like those with the “thoughts and prayers” mentality, or be raised with the same principles they were, you wouldn’t be seeing these acts very often.
Religion isn't the answer. USA is one of the most religious developed countries in the world yet we're the only developed country in the world where mass shootings and school shootings are a common occurrence. No other country in the world, rather that be developed or developing, even has 10 school shootings, USA has 288.

If your actual solution is we need more Jesus, that isn't a solution. It's a combination of mental health issues and the fact that for many, it's still pretty easy to get a hold of firearms. I don't have the answers to any of this, but the country does not want to hear "um, more Jesus, guys?" at this point. We're far beyond asking the country to just pray to the young guy with pretty brown hair that resembles 1980s Kenny Loggins in some paintings.
I’d think if they truly followed Jesus the mental health wouldn’t be the issue. I’m just of the opinion Jesus is the answer, you can disagree.

I guess we could get another bill written. That’ll solve it.

I’d think if they truly followed Jesus the mental health wouldn’t be the issue. I’m just of the opinion Jesus is the answer, you can disagree.

What’s interesting is that this evil person broke plenty of laws. So, of course, we should add more laws on the books to prevent this type of evil because they work really well at preventing evil acts.

Something needs to be done about guns in this country. This is unacceptable. Totally unacceptable and it breaks my heart to the core.
It isn't the gun its our society. One thing I don't understand is why every school doesn't have security doors so someone can't just walk in. Seems like an easy fix for the vast majority of these.

Guns, mental health, media, social media, parenting, values. All part of the issue...

The only thing that can easily kill someone on that list is pretty evident though.

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Religion isn't the answer. USA is one of the most religious developed countries in the world yet we're the only developed country in the world where mass shootings and school shootings are a common occurrence. No other country in the world, rather that be developed or developing, even has 10 school shootings, USA has 288.
The answer is and has been for quite some time to have armed guards at every single school. Retired police officers, etc. would gladly do this in every community.

With all due respect, I don't know what "truly following Jesus" and just saying "Jesus is the answer" even means. There's deeply religious people with mental health issues who can also be violent. Not everything is cupcakes and butterflies just because you believe in Christ. Like I said, just saying the country needs more religion isn't the answer. It's actually an incredibly simplistic view of the crisis. Much like the media blaming rock or metal music in the 80s and 90s.

What’s interesting is that this evil person broke plenty of laws. So, of course, we should add more laws on the books to prevent this type of evil because they work really well at preventing evil acts.
FYI, just saying the word evil over and over isn't particularly helpful either. Sorry, I'm not accepting that "welp, there's good and evil in this here world and we just gotta live with the evil...hope good prevails praise be!"

It isn't the gun its our society. One thing I don't understand is why every school doesn't have security doors so someone can't just walk in. Seems like an easy fix for the vast majority of these.

I'm not going to debate the topic....just too tragic to argue about. In my view the guns are a means to an end. There are additional issues but the gun is what can kill people.

Your opinion is yours and that is fine. We can certainly agree that society is a major issue.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Texas school shooter

RyMj3mcfXOGF.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: AustinTXCat
I’m not a gun guy - don’t have one or care to, but blaming guns is silly and the simple way out.

Months ago you had a driver plow over a parade and kill 6, injuring 62.

Evil exists. That’s scary. They will find a way to use something as a weapon.

Imo - we just need to call out mental illness and issues. We cannot keep preaching acceptance to batshit craziness. Try to call a spade a spade and get these people institutionalized and help before they massacre. If they threaten or commit similar crimes prior to the incidence, hammer them to try and prevent the massacre.

If you bring politics into this in any form today, you care about your side, and not the deceased. And that’s a sickness in itself.
If we had more people caring about fixing the problem instead of just offering thoughts and prayers then maybe we wouldn't have had this happen today.

Reactions: uofkFTW18
Sad. Going to continue to happen as long as the Republican strategy for combating it is thoughts and prayers.

This is the typical liberal response. Sad, but expected given their level of intelligence, or lack of.

Bad people will always do bad things. Period. There isn't an easy answer to this but it needs to start with better defense of our schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT