ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible tragedy in Texas - at least 14 kids dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was only about saving the lives of children, why tweet that? I said hill, not Bill. As in Capitol Hill DC.
Why tweet that? To show that your side (I know, I know, you're not really a Republican, you just vote with them 99% of the time) has no interest in enacting any measure that might curtail this shit.

Reactions: DanCat17
Why tweet that? To show that your side (I know, I know, you're not really a Republican, you just vote with them 99% of the time) has no interest in enacting any measure that might curtail this shit.
Prove the measure of banning guns work.

Really? Then why do you laugh emoji everyone that's against more gun laws?
Because you goobers blame everything you can think of other than the one thing that all of these incidents have in common. Because apparently your penis extenders are more important to you than dead kids. You're not fooling anyone and laughing at your inanity is about the response you deserve.

There wasn’t even a suggestion in that guys post other than to get more morals and bring fathers back. That’s not a suggestion just fairy tale stuff. He didn’t suggest a solution
The “suggestions” are laid out ad nauseam daily: reduce the factors that promote illegitimacy, starting with the welfare state. To pretend you somehow can’t grasp this is pathetic.

Typically you gloss over the fact that nobody and I mean NOBODY cares less about mass shooting deaths than the republican pro-lifer.
Says who? Gun bans were tried and they didn't actually do anything. Try something else. Gun laws obviously haven't stopped them.

Reactions: exemjr
Prove the measure of banning guns work.
Well we have drunk driving laws on the books and we still have drunk drivers, so I guess those laws don't work. Time to get rid of them. Same with murder, rape, child molestation. No law ever works, so let's don't have any.

Because you goobers blame everything you can think of other than the one thing that all of these incidents have in common. Because apparently your penis extenders are more important to you than dead kids. You're not fooling anyone and laughing at your inanity is about the response you deserve.
You don't blame it on anything but an inanimate object. There are hundreds of millions of guns in America. How many are used in these incidents? Are they the only thing used in mass killings? No. Therefore, banning them or making sane people go through wasteful nonsense doesn't actually protect the kids like your heroes claim it will.

Reactions: exemjr
Well we have drunk driving laws on the books and we still have drunk drivers, so I guess those laws don't work. Time to get rid of them. Same with murder, rape, child molestation. No law ever works, so let's don't have any.
How about we actually uphold the laws and punish the criminals? Your side just wants police defunded instead of trained better.

You don't blame it on anything but an inanimate object. There are hundreds of millions of guns in America. How many are used in these incidents? Are they the only thing used in mass killings? No. Therefore, banning them or making sane people go through wasteful nonsense doesn't actually protect the kids like your heroes claim it will.
No, I blame it on a lot things. Including your inanimate objects. Let me guess, next you're going to tell us that hammers kill more people than guns, right?

Mass murders have happened using vehicles and bombs in other countries, and in this country. This ought to make you rethink the notion that “one thing” is the commonality. But do go ahead with the name calling and telling us how we feel about “dead kids”.

Some of us have the audacity to point out that this generation is broken. Some of us refuse to admit it, for reasons that are beyond me.

Your side just wants police defunded instead of trained better.
Uvalde's PD got 40% of the town's budget and we all know what good that did. Exactly how much of our tax dollars should police get? And no one on the left doesn't want better police training. We want police to be properly trained, especially in deescalation.

Up here in NJ we started a pilot program where police accompany a mental health professional for any call involving someone having a mental health crisis. It was extremely effective and there wasn't a single instance of an officer using force. It's being expanded to other areas of the state because it's working out so well. That's what "our side" wants from police.

I am sure culture is not letting down boys. Per capita we have no more guns today that we did in the 70s. The guns being used today are not new. No doubt, boys are killing each other and others at an alarming rate, but to suggest culture has anything to do with that statistical exponential leap is surely nonsense. It would probably be best that we not even consider challenging the status quo, as what good would it do, seeing that culture is not to blame. We have our story and culture ain’t it. Let’s move on.

Uvalde's PD got 40% of the town's budget and we all know what good that did. Exactly how much of our tax dollars should police get? And no one on the left doesn't want better police training. We want police to be properly trained, especially in deescalation.

Up here in NJ we started a pilot program where police accompany a mental health professional for any call involving someone having a mental health crisis. It was extremely effective and there wasn't a single instance of an officer using force. It's being expanded to other areas of the state because it's working out so well. That's what "our side" wants from police.
“Your side” wanted to defund and abolish police. Child please.

Oh STFU. I bet if those aborted fetuses were democrats, democrats would change their stance real quick. Hell, knowing democrats, they probably count them as votes too.
Republicans are pro life until they come out of the womb. Then you’re on your own. Especially if you’re born into a lower income family.

Reactions: RogCat1119
Republicans are pro life until they come out of the womb. Then you’re on your own. Especially if you’re born into a lower income family.
Well, republicans have to protect themselves since sissy ass Democrat government leaders don’t uphold the damn law. What’s the use of more gun laws when you all don’t prosecute and enforce the ones that are already on the books? Please tell me. Also, how are you going to get the criminals to turn in all of their guns? You aren’t? So, the only ones strapped are criminals since you defunded the police and took away the second amendment. See how stupid that sounds?

“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.”

--George Carlin

Reactions: BluegrassBlake
Your neglect to ever mention personal accountability in life is, ironically, the exact point that we’re making.
So, honest question. Let's assume that every child in poverty is due to their parent's lack of personal accountability. Why is acceptable to punish children for something they have no control over? Cutting funding for school lunch programs, or WIC, or child health insurance doesn't punish the parent. It punishes the children. Some of the government programs that have the biggest impact on children's health and create the best outcomes in adulthood are constantly being cut by Republicans.

The expanded child tax credit cut child poverty by a tremendous amount and increased family social mobility. Not a single Senate Republican voted to extend it.

Then do more of that. That's not what the president started with. If he did, a lot more independents and Republicans should jump on board.

Yes any rational person agrees the Uvalde police absolutely screwed that up. No argument there.
“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.”

--George Carlin
Wrong. The foster care system is a disaster and needs overhauled. The adoption process needs to be streamlined for stable(mentally and fiscally) parents.

You’re catching on, sport. Laws are punitive, not preventive.

• Haha
Reactions: RogCat1119
I'm currently watching something that's on several channels at once. We do need more kindness in our country and it should begin with adults. Adults have become spoiled infants when they don't get their way in life. Whatever anger many adult men have has trickled down to our children. Blame whatever you like, but when it becomes commonplace to see an adult (usually a man between 35-65) tell someone on social media they hope they get cancer and die, or threaten individuals over sports or politics, or praise violence, Hitler, whatever...what do you think is going to happen to kids? These jackass adult men are more than likely dads, and this is how they act with their names, photos, and what they do for a living attached to their social media profiles as if what they're saying to people is just fantasy.

Adults didn't act this way in the past. We're the ones who failed, not the kids.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I'm currently watching something that's on several channels at once. We do need more kindness in our country and it should begin with adults. Adults have become spoiled infants when they don't get their way in life. Whatever anger many adult men have has trickled down to our children. Blame whatever you like, but when it becomes commonplace to see an adult (usually a man between 35-65) tell someone on social media they hope they get cancer and die, or threaten individuals over sports or politics, or praise violence, Hitler, whatever...what do you think is going to happen to kids? These jackass adult men are more than likely dads, and this is how they act with their names, photos, and what they do for a living attached to their social media profiles as if what they're saying to people is just fantasy.

Adults didn't act this way in the past. We're the ones who failed, not the kids.
I don't have twitter. I rarely post on Facebook. Social media is a cancer to society.

I don't have twitter. I rarely post on Facebook. Social media is a cancer to society.
I see some of it because while I'm not "on twitter", there's a few accounts I check from time to time. And I should say, I wasn't trying to just put blame on the 1/6 stuff as there's lots of examples. Just seeing people act like jackasses got me thinking about this. Constant rioting by adults for one. I've mentioned some of the stuff sent to Matt Jones by Louisville and Tenn fans in the past, but even one of our own threatened a Louisville radio host's family a few years back which lead to the FBI getting involved. When Trump got covid, I saw quite a few liberals posting celebratory tweets and hoping he'd die. When McCain died, I saw several conservatives say good riddance and they hope he was burning in hell. In all of these examples, it's usually adult men. There is some bizarre anger in guys now and I don't know what's causing it but kids are seeing it and it's having an effect.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Typically you gloss over the fact that nobody and I mean NOBODY cares less about mass shooting deaths than the republican pro-lifer.
🙄 About 1.5% of kids that are killed by guns are killed in mass shootings. More kids are killed in Chicago damn near every weekend than in nearly all of these shootings. And Dems couldn’t care less. So you can stop your BS lecture on who cares about what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT